• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Characters Match-up Chart (9/07 update)

Skler

Smash Master
People who say Link ***** GaW haven't played a good GaW with Link.

It might be in Link's advantage (for the obvious reasons of GaW's awful shield and light weight), but Link is slow, GaW is moderately quick and GaW's fair beats everything Link can do except bomb (and even then, the fair might stop bombs if GaW isn't moving towards it). GaW can combo Link at all %s, while Link really stops comboing GaW at about 50 because of how **** light he is. Of course, dthrow dair works on GaW but grabs aren't something that happen a lot. GaW can also edgeguard Link, while Link really has a hard time against that annoying upB.

Maybe I just hate the matchup though.

On the subject of Link vs Samus, Treyvn has beaten Hugs and Wes. He has never lost to a Samus. Name a few instances of a well known Link losing to a well known Samus. Until then, Treyvn has beaten the best Samus players and has never lost to one. That should be proof enough (or proof that Treyvn is broken).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ice climbers list looks good now.

only 1 slight problem: i think jigglypuff should be 5-5 instead of 4-6. the matchup is even.

other than that, 'sall good.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master

It might be in Link's advantage (for the obvious reasons of GaW's awful shield and light weight), but Link is slow, GaW is moderately quick and GaW's fair beats everything Link can do except bomb (and even then, the fair might stop bombs if GaW isn't moving towards it). GaW can combo Link at all %s, while Link really stops comboing GaW at about 50 because of how **** light he is. Of course, dthrow dair works on GaW but grabs aren't something that happen a lot. GaW can also edgeguard Link, while Link really has a hard time against that annoying upB.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=P7Nttoi1J40

You are correct good sir. :lick: This match is a perfect example of everything you just said. This guy plays an amazing G&W.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
That was a fairly horrible match.
I know. :laugh: But at least is shows just what Skler was talking about. I'll have more recent vids soon but I take on a YLink (probably the best YLink within a 700 mile radius)

*watches Skler vs Darc*

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I think that ICs vs. Yoshi is way off. It's probably something like 6-4 ICs or possibly 5-5. Since Yoshi's really heavy and has the strong double jump he can just jump right out of IC grab combos. Neutral-B is surprisingly good vs. ICs since Nana doesn't try to wiggle out of it. Also Yoshi's down-smash is really effective vs. them and his aerial game puts an extreme amount of pressure on their shields. That's basically the gist of it....it's definitely not 9-1 ICs.

felix45

Smash Lord
the link vs dk matchup is very very wrong. it may be even on a stage like yoshi's story, but on larger levels like dreamland or FD, link can spam DK and there is nothing DK can do about it because of his shield. DK's shield will only block 1 item when it is full, then after that every item link has will go through DK's shield and hit him.

I dont even use link but I have used link in tournament vs dk if I want the win that badly. the items keep DK away if you use them correctly and get DK to high percentage.

on top of that, link's uair, utilt, and fair all outprioritize every one of DKs arials and can juggle him with extreme ease.

to finish it off, link has more kill moves on DK than DK has on link, as well as a much better ledge gaurd game. so really everything is in favor of link in this matchup. large stages especially, but on small stages link still has the advantage.

you should edit the matchup to at least a 6 or 7, or wait for a pro dk/link to tell you.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
To play Devil's advocate, I think you are overstating how well Link does vs DK. Perhaps it is a 6-4 matchup, let's think about it:

If you haven't played a DK that gets at least 50% (if not the stock) every time he grabs your link, you aren't playing good DKs. You make good points, but DK's bair goes through arrows and boomerang, and Link can only pull so many bombs. If DK is hiding and letting his shield get owned by projectiles and uairs, then of course he'll lose, he has to get in Link's face (approach with bairs, no big suprise there), and then combo / mindgame a grab. Then combo city.

felix45

Smash Lord
ohhh does dk bair go through them? hahahaha did not know that. it makes since though that bair has good priority, low lag, etc. etc.

well then that takes the big advantage I thought link had on large stages. I mean it is still there because dk can't always do perfect on advancing against projectiles, but you are most definitely right that he can. also proves the dk I vsed in tourney didn't know enough about dk :p

buuut link still does have uair, fair, and utilt on dk. so yeah I see where you are coming from then hahaha sorry. I tried playing link once so I know some stuff about him, all I know about dk is uthrow>uair combos and upb has good priority and low startup lag :p

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master

Maybe I just hate the matchup though.
Maybe you have had to play OBM too much in tournament. >_>

**** those esticle brackets!

Cort

Apple Head
I witnessed BUM lose a money match to Link226 (I believe that's his user name) at a recent Gauntlet. DK has a LOT of trouble getting through a well spacing Link.

DK does not combo Link with throws at all, really. Link is far from a fastfaller.

These arguments and this topic is so moronic... -.-

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Seriously you need to change Mario vs. Jiggs =(
Mario has less approach possibilities and the high Priority attacks of Jiggs are hard to deal with.

I would say 4-5 for Jiggs

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hmmm, taking another look at it... i'd say the ic's one is really accurate!!

maybe a 4-6 on luigi instead of 5-5
and maybe 6-4 on DK instead of 7-3

as if that matters lol... but yeah. the ic's one is good.

Frodnonag

Smash Cadet
nice.

If based solely off of this chart, one could infer that Marth is the best choice for tournaments (I'm not complaining).

Hax

Smash Champion
wtf is with the falcon chart?
falcon vs fox is a 3-5 not 4-5, maybe even 2-5
falco is 3-5.. yeah i agree
sheik is 3-5, i agree again
marth is most definitely not a 4-5, morelike 5-4 or 5-3
peach is 5-4 not 4-5
IC's is 5-3 definitely not 4-5
samus is 5-2 not 5-4
doc is 5-4 not 5-3

and WTF @ falcon vs ganon? even? its like ****ing 5-2 falcon

Savingforever

Smash Cadet
Looking at this chart it makes it seem that C. Falcon is way to high... you look at ice climbers they seem to do well over all, even some of the top tier characters... yea and C. Falcon Vs. Ganon.. definitely think its not even.... But i must say its a cool chart to look at, iv been lookin at it for a while...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
wtf is with the falcon chart?
falcon vs fox is a 3-5 not 4-5, maybe even 2-5
falco is 3-5.. yeah i agree
sheik is 3-5, i agree again
marth is most definitely not a 4-5, morelike 5-4 or 5-3
peach is 5-4 not 4-5
IC's is 5-3 definitely not 4-5
samus is 5-2 not 5-4
doc is 5-4 not 5-3

and WTF @ falcon vs ganon? even? its like ****ing 5-2 falcon
Marth has the advantage against falcon for sure, peach also clearly.

As for Ganon, I disagree with even match-ups against Mario and Doc.. Ganon outranges both of these character completely and also has better spacing capabilities. And also, Ganon does not have 5-2 against DK.. apparently you haven't played any good DKs.. =P We have PKM which is better than me and wins almost all the time with DK.. so.. Ganon/falcon would be probably 5-4 for falcon I think.

otg

Smash Master
As for Ganon, I disagree with even match-ups against Mario and Doc.. Ganon outranges both of these character completely and also has better spacing capabilities.
While Ganon does outrange both Doc and Mario, Ganon lacks disjointed hitbox's, so his range advantage isn't nearly as serious an issue than say, the Doc/Marth matchup. Doc and Mario are much faster than Ganon, can juggle him blindly with Uairs, can chainthrow Ganon, have projectiles (though Doc's is better) for set ups and can easily molest Ganon's recovery with the cape.

The fight is definitely even, if not a slight advantage for Doc with his pills and several finishers.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
While Ganon does outrange both Doc and Mario, Ganon lacks disjointed hitbox's, so his range advantage isn't nearly as serious an issue than say, the Doc/Marth matchup. Doc and Mario are much faster than Ganon, can juggle him blindly with Uairs, can chainthrow Ganon, have projectiles (though Doc's is better) for set ups and can easily molest Ganon's recovery with the cape.

The fight is definitely even, if not a slight advantage for Doc with his pills and several finishers.
Heh I know by experience that Mario or Doc does not beat Ganon.. sorry but I haven't seen a single guy with these character beat my Ganon at all.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Mew2King also beat Magus' Ganon with Peach and Captain Falcon in other matches recorded that same day.

M2K may not main Doc, but he was playing Doc like someone who does. He obviously practiced Doc in his spare time, you don't just randomly pick up Doc and start SHBAWDing right away. (short hop bair wavelands)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Just because your friends can't beat you doesn't mean that Ganon > Doc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCk0lzoNvPM

Watch and learn. Magus is a great Ganon player from the east, and while M2k is one of the best players in the country, he is not a Doc main. All Doc has to do is be patient and **** with the Cape.
lol, apparently you do not know who I am... Ask PC =P

otg

Smash Master
Haha, I'm sure. If you ever come down to the NYC area we should play. Try this:

Exarch vs. Renth -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw0ZqHmKGXE
- You should know who Renth is, and Exarch is a peach main I believe who still manages to beat him through patience.

SmashMac vs. Renth -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPiBJOjtpZ8&feature=related
- one of the best Doc's vs. one of the best Ganons. Doc just ***** Ganon's recovery.

Of course Ganon outranges/is more powerful than the Marios, but Ganon outranges/powerhouses 95% of the cast. The matchup is definitely even.

Top Bottom