• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viva La Smash III Results

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
17: Watkins- San junior over here! I'm really happy that I have practice vs San so that I can fight Ike without being too surprised by what he can do. Still, your b-airs really caught me off guard that second game! I'm gonna take note of that from now on. Mad fun set, bad matchup for Ike though =P
lolol it's not a bad matchup at all, I think it's really even actually. Hope we get to play again sometime :D

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
variola, i waved at you from inside our gold minivan for like 10 minutes as you were leaving but you didn't even see me :<
LOLWUT I thought some weirdos were just looking at me from the minivan next to me, didn't realize who it was.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Weapon X going to tournaments, while Kyu Puff misses them? Crazy

Also, good **** Mafia outplacing almost everyone in NE

TheMorgue

Smash Cadet
Eggm - Beasting it like always.

Vanz - even though you 2-0 me I still enjoyed are match. Pretty impressive Jiggs

th0rn - thx for keeping me there later and the ash in the back of my car....

Swiftbass - amazing fox I knew you were good but **** dude, atleast I got you with the sticky walk lol

G$ - still have never talked or played you before but I saw you take down th0rn pretty impressive man.

Darc - you were good at the VMA's congrats on new artist

Banks - same thing thx for the mess, but I'm not gonna lie it was good chilling just don't try and pull that move again.

Mafia - Out of all the people in this tourny you have impressed me the most. On the way back home guys from Maine were talking about how much you have improved on your game, keep it up man!

mattdotzeb - always good seeing you man and thx for SDing in teams so we can go to a game 3

Nando - Should of Falcon ditto you for kicks and sorry to let you down in my match against Vanz, never said my falcon was any good =)

Zoso - Heard about your upset you pulled off, god **** that was something I was not expecting. Also I like to see if it is possible to ever do a friendly with you without you quiting the match after just 1 stock lol.

Morgue - Get more rest before the events, no johns

Trademark - Real nice peach man had fun in those team friendlies

Crazy Cloud - Very good set we had indeed I was not ready for that Falco of yours. As for RoM 3 we shall see.

KevinM - I can't believe your Bowser beat me in a game when I'm Falcon. I really should quit this game.

Axelslam - Yeah sorry to say I do practice that matchup a good amount. That Peach of yours man is pretty solid I keep working on that. Also are teams match was pretty tight.

HaileyM - Did not really get to talk to you or play you but this we can fix at some other event.

Solid Jake - Good seeing an old face at these events. I'll be seeing you on Halo Reach and SC2 my good sir.

Solar - Happy to know you enjoyed Frank Zappa.

I know I forgot people in this shoutout which is bound to happen. If I did good games!

Allied

Smash Master
Shoutouts

Solid Jake - You da bess <3 i love you /full chibo homo

Prawn - Rawr ******

Fatal - your kinda cute ^.~!

Bloodcross- lemme take you to olive garden

TeeVee- Yo UMAD CREW COMING BACK GURL you missed clubbing .__.

Riot - da bess

Peachkid - Great money matches sorry i 3-0d your Lucas with my Metaknight

Dazwa- Yur mad cute mami lemme wife? :3

Pelca - Potmonster

Darc - do you use lotion?

Boxman - yo i'm glad you play brawl kidna :3 LETS PLAY MELEE!

Banks - I heard you beat almo on wifi =0!!

KevinM- So glad i got to see you again, the surprise sex in the car in the back was amazing thanks! :3

G$ - yooooo when we chillan again LOL

Vanz - <3

Eggm - Inui "Why does eggm team with noobs and not with me" LOL do it up eggmz

Banks

Smash Hero
1: Eggm ($168.00) - good games. I thought I did ok, but if I make any sort of mistake or opening you punish it way harder than I punish any of the openings I take advantage of. Plus you hardly ever mess up waveshining etc. my SDI was on vs swift, but I don't think I got out of on uair vs you either. hard matchup for me still
2: Vanz ($84.00) - your falco is legit, good set. I'll get you next time if you are down for a rematch. We don't need to do all BF either rofl
3: th0rn ($28.00) - good stuff bro
4: Swiftbass - nice set. after the first game I thought I might have been able to take it but you definitely started playing better and/or figuring me out. 3rd game I was pretty nervous because I didn't want to fall too behind but overall I'm happy with it, and you deserved the win.
5: G$ - looked like you were playing good, we didn't play tho =(
5: Darc - now you know how it feels to be me LOL
7: Banks - lose to fox some MORE
7: Mafia - hey good **** in teams, we did better than I expected but just as good as I knew we could. We definitely had a shot at third too, close as hell.
9: Reno - GET ***** FOX. but rlly aside from that all our games are very fun and close. I don't get to sheik ditto much and can always use fox practice so good stuff
9: mattdotzeb - i think our closest set yet? And this time it was yours to lose because you started strong. So even though it may feel like another 'close one', you did actually do better than ever because you won the first game and had a lead the other two. You just have to stay calm the rest of the game, I was counting on you to be looking to for kills and trying to gimp you.
9: Nando - gay matchup for falcon, but you know your options and are very smart so it was still close, and I was always scared of a tech chase 0-death. kongo jungle is lol
9: Zoso - nice to see you, sorry we didn't play but I'm sure we'll get the chance to soon
13: Morgue - I didn't think I got any ash in the car, but probably happened at night when we were sharing the last one we had. Sorry about that, but otherwise good stuff in bracket and playing solid overall. Next time you gotta **** harder!
13: Trademark - nice to see you, GG'z in teams and good stuff in singles, I watched a few of your matches and you still got the goods
13: Joe - not sure who you were
13: Kupo - not sure
17: Crazy Cloud - not sure
17: KevinM <3 Jake Kulinski - Kev we didn't play but we chest bumped
17: Axelslam - nice to see you, good stuff in teams friendlies
17: Milk Bird - not sure
17: strawhats - I recognize you from the boards but idk if I met you formally
17: Zebra - not sure
17: Slox - awesome friendlies, always fun to play you.
17: WeaponX - good one friendly, thanks for the peach practice
25: Xaoz - nice to see you again man
25: Octave - not sure
25: Mho - not sure
25: HaileyM - nice to see you, I saw you do 4 dash attacks in a row in one game. and they all connected
25: Solid Jake - you run tournaments with 4 events quicker than some with 2. and you even found time to play yourself. good **** man
25: Silva Dragon - good first set, I hope you had fun your first tournament. Samus is an odd character, but you play her well. Def go to more stuff, avoid sheiks grabs as much as you can and up-b fox's approaches more =p

cort- I couldn't buttrape you at the beginning of the day, so I decided to come back after a while of playing thinking I'd buttrape you. And I tried but you are so smart and crafty you managed to win most of them anyway *sigh*. it's always nice to see you, and joke around while playing.

pc jona - nice to meet you and play you, in teams and those couple friendlies. I wish we had gotten to play later on in the day and do the mm, but I'll catch you again somewhere =)

D1 - really good warmups at the beginning, your falco is nice. Plus close teams games. We will have to play MAD MO' MATCHES

solar - good stuff in teams, you guys were tough. ur plan to not enter and just mm seemed to work for you, but enter next time and rep the maine train! fun car ride too

The guy who played ganon, good stuff and fun friendlies. Didn't catch your tag, but we played teams and singles friendlies for a while a couple times. you should cg sheik, cuz u were pretty good in the matchup without it, but it would've helped make up for sheik auto-combos. maybe u just don't in friendlies tho

tom - keep training. you just need more ppl exp

diesel dan - MAKE CASH. ENTER. wasn't the same traveling without you =( but keep going to ****

dazwa - lol thermos

fatal - nice to see you *pound*

watkins - i was probly too aggressive, but I tried my hardest (brawl hardest w/e that may turn out as) to not get three stocked or anything. you're too pro, and ike doesn't suck as much as i thought, i'd almost rather play a marth

there were plenty of people I played a bunch but didn't quite catch the name of, or didn't enter so I can't paste their name. But GG'z to all

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
9: mattdotzeb - i think our closest set yet? And this time it was yours to lose because you started strong. So even though it may feel like another 'close one', you did actually do better than ever because you won the first game and had a lead the other two. You just have to stay calm the rest of the game, I was counting on you to be looking to for kills and trying to gimp you.
Honestly I felt I was playing terribly throughout the day and even spaced out in our last match and couldn't follow the game at all lol
I dunno, I still played well despite how I felt I guess.

Hope I'll play you at connectidots and mm

Banks

Smash Hero
Well I wasn't really talking about how good either of us were playing, cuz you did get reckless at the end of the games. Moreso I just meant you started all the games out strong and I was more worried than usual I was about to lose the set. You had like a full stock lead the third game lol

kupo15

Smash Hero
13: Kupo - not sure
Haha, I guess we didn't play and maybe it was a good thing since I played so terribly haha. Hopefully I'll see you at Connectidots!

The guy who played ganon, good stuff and fun friendlies. Didn't catch your tag, but we played teams and singles friendlies for a while a couple times. you should cg sheik, cuz u were pretty good in the matchup without it, but it would've helped make up for sheik auto-combos. maybe u just don't in friendlies tho
Or maybe we did? o_O
I don't usually CG especially in friendlies, but maybe I should do it as practice for tourneys.

Banks

Smash Hero
i was wearing a redsox hat with a big B on it, and i used sheik+fox+marth in a bunch of friendlies with a ganon player wearing a red shirt

coulda been you

but I hope to be at Connecidots anyhow lol

Octave

Smash Ace
i was wearing a redsox hat with a big B on it, and i used sheik+fox+marth in a bunch of friendlies with a ganon player wearing a red shirt

coulda been you

but I hope to be at Connecidots anyhow lol
I'm like 99% sure that was him lol.

etecoon

Smash Hero
love the stage list, dunno how picto is always banned but brinstar and RC are allowed somehow, I think brinstar is worse than a lot of the banned stages actually

zebra

Smash Cadet
Super Late Post

Yeah, just got around to posting. This was my first tourney, and it was sooo much fun. First time I've been in a room with more than one decent player...

Shoutouts to:

People from Texas who stop at green lights in Bridgeport, also just BPT in general for having extremely poorly marked one way streets....

Eggm : Way to win... Also sorry about that detour in Stratford (like it's my fault... pssh), also the ride back with you was very entertaining and I had a lot of fun talking with you.

Darc: You kinda sorta just ***** me as puff in that one match we half-played, but you seem like a chill kid. See you sometime in the future maybe...

Mafia: When I picked Luigi you were just like "****..." but you 3 stocked me both matches anyway. I've never played a really good Peach main before, so I 'm thankful for the practice.

Reno: I laughed at strawhats when you wrecked him...

Nando: Yeah I kinda knew you were going to beat me by soooo much, but I'd definitely like to face you again sometime. 7-2'd strawhats Falcon with Luigi today....

Crazy Cloud: Hey I was glad to give everyone a ride up to the tourney, thanks for riding in my van haha. Never really got to play you 'cept in a couple of friendlies, but I'll probably get the chance very soon.

strawhats: lol... just lol... aslo freaking government unreliable as **** and FU cop drops your key and freaking campus center denys my card... yeeeah mad fun time at our first tourney, **** was so ****, and uh yeah we should go to some more (DIP)

Zebra: Hey, you were really... waaaaaiiit a gosh darned minute....

Slox: Yeah start new club at fp cause mad kids like lebow and joe just hate melee so much and rex just mains kirby and wins every time... Also way to not know where you live... also way to get stuck in the mini car that was amazing

Octave: Sorry I dropped you off in the wrong place... I only played you like twice the entire time but you're mad legit. I hope to own next time we face haha. Keep trolling sloxy with me on fb...

HaileyM: It was really good to meet you and playing you in teams was really fun. I got a lot of Peach experience from you before I faced Mafia, not that that helped me in the least -_-

Solid Jake: Thanks for hosting my first tourney, it was really awesome. Didn't get to play you but I hope to eventually =)

S l o X

Smash Champion
lol i was thinking about just going back to the venue with the mini car.

because that **** was impossible to get out of.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I will be poking around with the rules a bit, looking for feedback on VLS3 rules for both games. Good and bad, and why. Take this discussion into the VLS4 thread. As of right now MK ban has been revoked, RC is no longer a CP and a LGL of 35 will be in effect
You might want to increase the lgl for doubles matches. On average doubles matches last longer than singles matches and there are numerous ways to save your partner which will lead to more ledge grab limits over all. And would 35 be for teams or for individual players on a team? Or would you do 70 ledge grabs per team?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
yo zebra
i liked the down b whoring, that was cool
try ftilting more and also using your intense wd speed
for the most part you just should read the weegee boards more, they got some people there who know what they're talking about, it could def. help you out, and you've already got a pretty good base to work off of.

Banks

Smash Hero
alrite kupo i have placed your face + name association in my

memory

BANKS

...oh wow that was great.

and mafia you def. don't need a period to abbrev. def. bro.

strawhats

Smash Master
oh **** so...you were the tall guy wearing the boston red sox cap...ok i figured u were banks. Me and Zebra (charley) will be at Connectidots. I hope to play you there.

Me and Zebra played teams friendlies with your brother and darc

oh and charley...im gonna **** that luigi of yours with falcon one day...BELIEVE IT

until then experience the gayness of my marth. hahahaha.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
huh. no one missed me. how nice. :(

just in case anyone didn't read duo's post saying that i wasn't coming, my mother was admitted to the hospital on friday night, and I spent all day saturday keeping her company, and all day sunday after my shift was over, then she was released yesterday. so while i'm bummed that I missed it, at the same time I'm not sorry I missed it becuase what made me unable to get there was more important than smash. All the same I'm going to be @ connectidots barring another untimely occurence. hope you guys had fun. /novel

also Good **** Eggm, that's the first time in a while that Darc hasn't won a NE tourny iirc

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I got them Will. Viva videos will probably start going up in like a week to a week and a half most likely.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I got them Will. Viva videos will probably start going up in like a week to a week and a half most likely.
Ok cool, thanks man. I guess just let me know what channel they will be uploaded to =x Sets I know that I recorded were me vs Fatal and me vs Koolaid, though the latter was probably the only one on your Wii... Oh and me and Koolaid played in two separate sets, once in winners and once in losers.

Top Bottom