• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viva La Smash III Results

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'm terrible at this game.

Fun tournament though.
Shoutouts to everyone who played my GaW for making those matches ridiculously fun.
That would be:

Xaoz - Fun matches. Think I had to go spacie vs you one round though

G$ - ****. My GaW didn't stand a chance. Gotta powerlevel it for RoM and will beat you with it there in an epic clash.

Axelslam - Yeeeee put my tournament fate in the hands of my GaW and it paid off. Your sheik came really close.. stupid chaingrabs got me scared as hell lol

trademark - Falco definitely took the cake over gaw in our set.. You ****ed it up pretty hard lol

banks - ****in you didn't even play my gaw but fun matches. i'll bring you down at Connectidots

weaponx - you're awesome for driving me and i definitely want to see you at more events.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure somebody just walked off with my controller thinking it was theirs. It happened at the end of the night after almost everybody had left, so there's really only a handful of people who it could've been, Zack and Emmy amongst them. If anybody knows where it went, please let me know.

It was great seeing everybody!

strawhats

Smash Master
great tourney solid jake...mad cool man

also shoutouts to darc for ****** me in friendlies,

kevin and hailey: (good match guys)

eggm and nando: for being so ****. good **** to eggm for winning and nando for doing work.

Crazy Coud: thnx my dude for chilling and playing with me. Glad we played each other today and . Your falco is viscious, and puff is nasty.

Slox: lol you're too good man. We didnt get to play but its whatever. Next time ill win

Joe: yo, my dude, like me it was your first tourney and i hope we'll play more. You're soo ****ing good its not even funny.

Variolas: lol man you're pretty ****ing good man. Fox is too good. Also thnks for all those doubles matches (you and hailey helped me alot.

Jash: sorry we didnt really talk much but just wanted to say thnks for being chill and also letting me and my partner use that set up. You looked a bit depressed after you and ninjalink lost doubles, but you're **** so its all good.

Zebra: good **** charlie for being so **** and driving everyone to this.. cant wait for us to go to brooklyn next week

Reno: your sheik is over 9000 tims faster on battlefield

D1....i'll be at DIP next week. Cant wait. Oh yeah and someone definitely littered LMFAO

Finally shoutouts to the guy from Texas who randomly decided to stop at a green light almost causing a near accident at night....JERK

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Awesome tourney. Very fun and very nice not seeing MK pollute the place. I'm slowly getting better with dealing with pressure and nerves. When I'm at the top of my game, I feel unstoppable. But I need to efficiently translate that through the thick of the pressure. I dropped some games/sets in really silly ways due to my choking.

D-Rock1000

Smash Cadet
Brawl Singles:

Brawl Singles:

1: Jash ($162.00)- Saw you there, but didn't talk to you. Hope to play you next time.
2: Will ($81.00)- You may have finished second, but you don't have your wii hacked. Thus, you fail, lol. Nah, really though, nice job on your placing.
3: Teevee ($27.00)- Saw you there, but didn't talk to you. Hope to play you next time.
4: Koolaid- Saw you there, but didn't talk to you. Hope to play you next time.
5: Icylight- I thought you were stopping by for only 10 minutes? Lol nice job on the placing.
5: Fatal- Saw you there, but didn't talk to you. Hope to play you next time.
7: Pelca - GG's. There are times I don't feel I played that well, but I think I did well in our matches. You just read me so well and outplayed. Nice job.
7: Ninjalink - Saw you there, but didn't talk to you. Hope to play you next time.
9: Mikeray4 - Didn't get to play you, but I'll be able to at TAER 3.
9: Bizkit - GGs. Glad to get a few games in, but hope to play you more. Each time I play you, I'm able to see something knew and learn from it.
9: Vermanubis - GGs. Glad to finally play you again. I can see that you've improved a lot since GROAT. Still, I'd love to face you in tourney sometime... =P
9: Yume - Nice meeting you and it was fun talking about Falco with you. Learned some things and I hope to see you at some more tourneys.
13: Hinkage - I didn't get to play you, but thanks for the answer to my Peach bomb question, haha.
13: X - Saw you, but didn't get to talk to you. Hope to play you next time.
13: Peachkid - GGs. Very nice Peach. Such a close first game, I thought I might have had you. Next time though... lol.
13: Kirin - GGs. Facing your Snake was tougher than your other characters, lol.
17: Etecoon - Saw you, but didn't get to talk to you. Hope to play you next time.
17: Watkins - Saw you, but didn't get to talk to you. Hope to play you next time.
17: Ace - Saw you, but didn't get to talk to you. Hope to play you next time.
17: Bloodcross - You seemed to be having fun in the morning, yelling at the MK players, then... idk what happened...
17: Soupa Sonic - GGs. Since I got some advice on playing Sonic, I've found Sonics a lot of fun.
17: Serriph - GGs. Lot of fun playing you and glad you could make it.
17: Xaoz - Saw you, but didn't talk to you much. Hope to play you next time.
25: Fats - GGs. Some fun and weird matches. Hope to play your Luigi more, too.
25: Sails - Saw you, but didn't get a chance to talk to you. Hope to play you next time.
25: Cody - GGs. Very intense games. I'm pretty sure the end of the second match was the best kill I've ever had, haha. Very tough and good TL.
25: Solid Jake - Fun tournament. Thanks for organizing and running it. Went well and was a lot of fun.

Hippiedude- After Ganonballer and Tiger raving about you at Apex, I'm glad I officially met you as it was a lot of fun, haha. Nice talking to you and I had some GGs. Now if only you could have recorded that spike of mine... lol
Kurt- Glad you decided to come. Hope you showed off your Spamus well, haha.

D-Rock1000

Smash Cadet
Characters from what I saw-

1: Jash ($162.00) - TL
2: Will ($81.00) - DK
3: Teevee ($27.00) - ROB
4: Koolaid - Pit/Marth (according to Ace)
5: Icylight - Olimar
5: Fatal - Snake
7: Pelca - Falco/Snake/Diddy
7: Ninjalink - Rob/Random
9: Mikeray4 - Snake
9: Bizkit - Snake
9: Vermanubis - Ganondorf
9: Yume - Falco
13: Hinkage - Snake
13: X - Link
13: Peachkid - Peach
13: Kirin - Mario/Link/Pit
17: Etecoon- Snake
17: Watkins- Marth
17: Ace- Diddy/ZSS
17: Bloodcross- Falco
17: D-Rock- Wolf/Marth
17: Soupa Sonic- Sonic
17: Serriph- Yoshi
17: Xaoz- Lucario?
25: Fats- Luigi?
25: Sails- Diddy
25: Cody- TL
25: Solid Jake- PT

Please correct me if I'm wrong/more characters should be added

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Tourney was crazy stacked. Lots of fun, though, good stuff Jake. Will shoutout later.

Doubles was fun without MK lmao. Not so sure it made a real difference in singles though other than hurt the only two players who main him in NE.

D1

Banned via Administration
Good spit everyone who came I had an omega blast!

Whenever I come to CT I always leave smiling!

Great to see you guys :D!

etecoon

Smash Hero
marth too for me, I used him for one third(LOL) of my wins in singles and used him in almost every game in doubles

1: Jash - didn't play you but you're a lot of fun to watch, unusual for what a campy ***** TL is lol, gj winning
4: Koolaid - ggs, I'd rather MK ditto you <_< your pit is too good!
9: Vermanubis - fun weekend, though prolly more stress than it was worth. just remembered that like everyone I know who's gotten an out of state ticket eventually had their licenses suspended because "they never told us that you paid it!", methinks it's another way NH tries to make up for being "tax free" :/
9: Yume - good **** getting ninth! you've gotten a lot better lately, thanks for housing us smashfest was fun
13: Hinkage - ggs, lol making the two MK mains fight each other early D:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
1: Jash ($162.00) - Good stuff, man. So fun getting to play you. Your TL is just ungodly. Too technical for Brawl. xD
2: Will ($81.00) - Same goes to you, dude. I wish I could adapt to the advice I gave you about maintaining a stable mindset. If I could keep myself from choking I'd perform a lot better. But you got it down and you did great!
3: Teevee ($27.00) - Way to rep NE, man. Told you your ROB is legit.
4: Koolaid - WE DIDN'T MM
5: Icylight - Nice getting to meet you, dude. Awesome job at 5th after a year-long hiatus.
5: Fatal - Thanks for giving us a ride to T-bell. ***.
7: Pelca - Thanks for letting me use your 'mote, dude. Sorry we didn't get to MM.
7: Ninjalink - GGs in bracket. You got my fair and square, but I'll admit, I choked a lot. At least I was able to do some damage in our "theoretical MMs" xD
9: Mikeray4 - GGs, dude. You're a great player; you don't get enough credit. I'll getcha next time in an MM.
9: Bizkit - GGs to you, too. I look forward to rematching that MM. I know it just sounds like me spewing ***, but you weren't the first to catch me on a choke today. You and I both know I'm a lot better than what I demonstrated in those matches. But when I choke, I get aggressive, take no vital risks and use the same moves over and over. The MU is not at all hard for Ganon, even if they're patient and know the MU. It'll be a different story next time. This I vow!
9: Vermanubis - Too good.
9: Yume - Thanks for housing us, dude. Really fun spending time with you and getting lost as fsck in Boston lmao
13: Hinkage - ten3emnt
13: X - Finally we meet. The Link and Ganon of New England (Tempest, too xD). You're something else, man. Good stuff.
13: Peachkid - I know you choked. Don't take it to heart, dude. I'm the biggest nerveous wreck when it comes to pressurized matches. I choke harder than anyone else I know. Don't let it get to you, dude. I know you're so much better than that. You and me gotta work on our nerves together!
13: Kirin - Good to see you again, dude. I also wanted to say that while I understand what you mean by not limiting yourself as a player to bad characters, I just can't stray from Ganon. I'm too stoic and too adamant to leave the slaughter of innocence to another. Only the King can murder, and by his hand I shall eternally do so!
17: Etecoon - Thanks so much for everything, dude. It was really fun spending the weekend with you and the others. Next time we road-trip, let's implement the wonders of technology LOL
17: Watkins - LOLWUTKINS
17: Ace - LOLACEKINS
17: Bloodcross -LOLBLUDKINS
17: D-Rock - GGs, even if brief. Your Wolf has definitely improved, man. Look forward to playing you in the future!
17: Soupa Sonic - GGs in bracket. You do lack polish, but you've got superb fundamentals and great potential. Don't get discouraged and keep giving it your all.
17: Serriph - Good to see you again, dood.
17: Xaoz - WHY DID I LEAVE MY IPOD BEHIIIND
25: Fats - Fats
25: Solid Jake - Thanks for running the tourney, man. Awesome fun.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
i broke my controller after losing to will. this game is so horrible sometimes and it just took me over the edge. fighting jash is no fun at all, just straight frustration for 15 mins then lose.

still made 80$

good**** every1
Salt King Fatal.

Game is horrible because NY dabess?

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
shouts to dazwa for 2v1ing a bottle of Jerry's with me

Darc- for trying to team with me even though both our mains were banned LOL, I felt bad that you got frustrated at it but if you want to give it another shot sometime our double mk ******ry can thrive

shoutouts to BOXMAN for driving us all the way to CT like a warrior

shouts to Gower just cause

shouts to Cruz and Milktea for lookin mad cute

shoutties to Zao for bringing SA2B, **** so so hype. I wish offensive spells were banned though, they're so gay LOL

shouts to Pelca for being Pelca

shouts to Banks for the fun MM- I can see how you beat Almo, you're a really smart player. I'm a smart player too though, but I actually play this game LOL, you're a cool guy tho, see you at future tournies

Will- Shouts to you for being a beast DK. I definitely wasn't taking the game seriously and underestimated you a lot first game, and even 2nd game when I stepped it up I struggled. I loved every second of it though. ggsssss

Jake- Awesome tourney. Even though MK being banned screwed me I didn't mind TOO much (can't say the same about Darc), seeing stuff like Zelda in the Grand Finals and the larger variety of characters from it definitely made things more interesting.

That aside, having all those melee setups to watch was fun. I look at melee games, and then I look at ridiculous games like Jash vs Fatal and wonder why I'm playing Brawl LOL. Totally learning melee for funsies.

vato_break

Smash Master
**** good **** jash, your toon link is way good man. keep it up. good stuff x, was this your first tournament? Will is such a beast sometimes. verm getting that top 10

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Can someone break down what happened in Fatal vs Jash?

Everyone making it seem as if Jash was basically playing like a planking Meta knight. lOL

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Nothing out of the ordinary, it was just long *** games of nonstop camping with nades and mortars and boomerangs and arrows flying around everywhere and chipping away at each other. Painful to watch LOL

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
Good job jash and will , lol jash still slaying snakes wherever he goes ! good job ny! Way to keep the cry babies of n/e crying ... we except tv hes chill

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
wow brawl guys good stuff getting moderated. argue and **** in ppls faces. y'all were JUST in front of each other not even 24hrs ago. no need to be all hard now on boards.

*quits this game forever*

Good **** eggm and nando.
you are mistaken if theres an ounce of you that believes that zoso is "not that good" or whatever you are implying. he one of the most underrated players i have ever seen. not saying this cuz he beat me in bracket. I have said this since the beginning of time.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Lol I think Max is just being dramatic because James placed higher than me.

James also beat me in LB! I really gotta hand it to him for never losing his motivation no matter how much **** he gets from people. Kid's too good!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Lol I think Max is just being dramatic because James placed higher than me.

James also beat me in LB! I really gotta hand it to him for never losing his motivation no matter how much **** he gets from people. Kid's too good!

o i c....that makes more sense. it was i that was mistaken.

good **** james.

:embarrass

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
NJ on top

nando shoulda won this

good **** TIMmy! (for not bringing pikmin 2 =[)

so many brawl shoutouts =/

edit: what happened to the maine train?

a few shout outs

Solid Jake - Amazing tournament, man. Quit your active healthy social life to host more tournies lol. It was good seeing you again and hopefully we can play again soon. GrOuNdEd HaMmEr O_o O_o O_o O_o

Crazy Cloud - I wasn't mad because you were talking to me, I was mad because I was ****ing up hard core all day LOL. No Johns though, you're legit. Hope to play you again soon :D

Vanz - Mad respect for you, you know what you did. Makin' that money, son :]

DRock - I went Falco/Kirby. I dropped Lucario. Just so you know.

Mattdotzeb - Way to almost drop a set to me first round, I was one lightning kick away from a major upset XD Too hilarious

Verm - MY MP3 NOW HAHAHAHAHA

Zoso - I don't have your 'troller, sorry man :< And it's spelt Zach, Ks are for nerds.

D1 - Good seeing you again, way to get at me super hard in Brawl :p

Ninjalink - stop ****** me ;------;

Bizkit - ^

Nacho - Where you at?

Mikeray - Don't quit, I love you in a heterosexual way. You always make me laugh and everyone would be sad if you left.

SA2Battle was so ****ing hype, my voice is gone from the yelling I did LOL

God ****ing dammit I still need to practice a lot more, I thought I was good now ;-;

And I need to get at that Premium account status so I can change my tag to Zao

TeeVee

Smash Lord

Everyone making it seem as if Jash was basically playing like a planking Meta knight. lOL
its just jashes play style in general. jash is prolly one of the coolest smashers out there but his playstyle really drains you mentally. after our set in winners finals i was really just shut down. its sooooooooo hard to find an opening, he just doesnt make mistakes lol.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

just think of the set as it was exactly played as the polytec set

jash was in winners so they left him** as 1st since will lost to koolaid in winners but beat him in losers so he was 2nd, but they split (NY DA BESS TOOK HOME THE W) will 2-0'd fatal D:

funn tourneyyyy omggg

Top Bottom