• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

VA

Smash Hero
Also, ofc daisy has a stronger bair. People wonder why I play her with the J-Lo tag...*******es.

Queen

Smash Apprentice
If I remember this whole discussion correctly, after a certain % nair has more knockback than fair.
It's not that the nair has more knockback but rather begins to have a better trajectory once your opponent has a higher percentage. It's in Cort's massive topic...somewhere.

Quaz

Smash Master
ya fair seems easier to survive DI at higher %s. I always thought it was because nair is more instant and sometimes people don't DI it properly because of how fast it comes out. While fair is just easier to react to.

MacD

Banned via Administration
It's not that the nair has more knockback but rather begins to have a better trajectory once your opponent has a higher percentage. It's in Cort's massive topic...somewhere.
noooo, arc was right, nair does have more hitback at higher percentages, cort said it starts about 110 or something, but it isn't sooo much that nair will kill at like 140 and fair won't kill till 160

the easiest way to test this is go set up the handicapped bowser, go practice your FC nairs, get bowser up to like 600 (overkill) and fair him, then let him come back and nair him, tell me what you see

How do I escape being waveshined by Fox?
v

by being upsmashed
lololol

you can only really try and trick the fox with DI and hope they mess up but basically being upsmashed is a guarenteed way out

wiggle DI and buffer spotdodge IMO
Up-B oos is better for escaping pressure, nair oos is better for punishing
Armada uses nair oos because his is like frame perfect
so basically, nair is better to get out of sheild pressure ;)

i've never really had luck with up b, like last night i was playing and tried it... the umbrella went just in front of the person and they still hit me :( it was falco i think

BladeWise

Smash Lord
I love doing upB to escape shield pressure, or if I expect any sort of dair and have little time to protect myself.

I'm pretty sure that Eggz has punished me like twice for it, out of the 1000 times I've done it to him.

marklar2

Smash Rookie
Any suggestions on learning the U-throw D-smash timing for DI away?

edit: On Fox/Falco.
Ehh if they're at a low enough percent to where U-throw combos into a downsmash, then they are probably going to get away right after the downsmash, so I usually hit them with a FC Bair, which you should then be able to follow up with a dsmash/dash attack/nair. Jumping into them with a FC dair can actually work pretty well too as long as you hit them before they get too close to the ground (if I hit them low I'll usually immediately drop and downsmash, they'll either get hit by the downsmash or at least lose a lot of their shield.)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I've run into problem.

How do you guys float? Down on control stick then X/Y, or X/Y then down on control stick? Or the same time? When I try the first option, I sometimes end up spot dodging when floating out of shield. When I try the second option, I lose my second jump when using the float in mid-air. When I do the third option (which is what i normally do), I might lose my second jump when floating mid-air, or might spotdodge when on the ground. I mess up least with third option, but even so, I need it to work 100% of the time.

Is there another way?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
^ I use claw, X down etc
Easiest really. :\

by being upsmashed
LOL

I u-throw d-smash when she can't CG them. So like 0-20.
Uthrow > Dash Attack > Regrab?

Before that...
Uthrow > FC Bair > Tech Chase?

I don't like dsmash in most situations. Especially at low % when you're garaunteed a hit. You can land dsmashes from other things, might as well continue the chase for a while instead of throwing out a big move with no chance to follow just because of %.

It's like Shiek Fairing a Marth away at 30% off a grab, why???

VA

Smash Hero
uh, can't you tech chase after the dsmash?

or just dsmash again if they miss the tech which happens fairly often?

GSUB

Smash Lord
what vanityangel said
lol

also, on the ground, use whatever method you prefer, but in the air, hold down first and then hold jump, so you don't lose your 2nd jump.

and claw ***** for spacing <3 (reverse fc fairs, and perfect float downairs.)

MacD

i can only up throw dsmash at like 0-6 otherwise i miss, but i suck at the timing so yea

kirbykaze, you must give me sheik advice, i went sheik once today and it got recorded... it's reallllllllly bad though, idk if you'll be able to sit through it

to float out of sheild, you have to jump first, so like hold x > down and you'll float, but if you push down too early you spotdodge and if you don't push down soon enough you float high and later than you should

also floating OoS after a marth dair's me is really hard for some reason, i guess i'm just not used to the hitstun :/

The Irish Mafia

how many peach players use X? From what I hear it's a little easier to use Y but I'm not changing lol
Don't think too much about your fingering while doing floats or anything, just let it flow. Personally I do x and then down during the jump frames, but it's not distinct

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ehh if they're at a low enough percent to where U-throw combos into a downsmash, then they are probably going to get away right after the downsmash, so I usually hit them with a FC Bair, which you should then be able to follow up with a dsmash/dash attack/nair. Jumping into them with a FC dair can actually work pretty well too as long as you hit them before they get too close to the ground (if I hit them low I'll usually immediately drop and downsmash, they'll either get hit by the downsmash or at least lose a lot of their shield.)
I find it extremely unlikely that you can U-throw FC Bair on space animals when they DI away in front of you, which is what I was asking about

>___>

edit: MacD I'll look at it if you link it in the Sheik QnA or something.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Could someone link to a video of peach up-throw > d-smashing a fox that is di-ing away? I'm sure Cort or XIF has done it a billion times, but I'm messing up the timing myself and it would probably help to just see someone else do it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I've already been consulting that throughout my endeavors to learn how to u-throw d-smash.

But it is a good resource so we should pay attention to it anyway.

Cia

das kwl
vanz, ur peach is amazing. I want to play u more again =)
Midwest was pretty fun. I may go back someday. The ride was hell tho.. But thanks =D I was playing pretty well @ SMYM.. I just wish they actually seeded the tournament instead of a randomly generated bracket. <_<

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i thought it was a seeded bracket O.o? SMYM10 was, but i did hear that there were problems with seeding that day. so idk >_<

MacD

who is tink?

who is ladd and why did he lose first round to shaeden (whoever that is) and then go on to beat eggm, HBK, and darkrain from the names i know

eggm and hbk 2nd round? that doesn't sound right

and who were chexr and trail and were they seeded like that?

that bracket looks janky but i barely know anyone so idk

Top Bottom