• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

MacD

Banned via Administration
wtf, why i would midwest

actually, i don't know who people are till times like these when i hear results from some random tourney

like back when i started the only person i knew was good was ken, and that was like oc3 time, at oc3 i learned of vidjo (<3 vidjo) and since then i've sloooooowly learned of other people

but still, why would i midwest?

Cia

das kwl
VaNz how soulless does a Peach player have to be to counterpick FD and Sheik on a Samus?
hmm.. Only about as soulless as the Samus who ***** the crap out of a Zelda from an accidental downb T_T.

I still don't know how I lost game 2. And Samus v Peach just takes too long. So.. yeeeeah.

<3

Edit: I'm going to Apex. I play Jiggs/Peach/Sheik/Fox/Falco/whoever i want. Sup.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
VA, you don't do Peach in teams o_O

Anyway, I'll of course be at Apex.

Ok wtf Jaden snuck in his post before mine.

VA

Smash Hero

Edit: I'm going to Apex. I play Jiggs/Peach/Sheik/Fox/Falco/whoever i want. Sup.
Team up with meee?

I play fox/peach/marth,I'm British and I'm awesome. I should be #1 in the UK but the region brings nerve attacks for me, I'm better OOC. If you want you can wait and see how I place at the next euro tournament which is early April.

MacD

god dam, all this team talk is making me wonder

should i team with zhu... but he'll probalby be all sucky and not care at apex

hmmm, i wonder where i can find a good partner who wants to get second with me

ideas anyone?

VA

Smash Hero
I do use Peach in teams but being as I play mostly in the UK, my team partners tend to be significanty worse than me. The role of Peach is not really as useful and totally aggressive as Fox can be in teams so I tend to use him sometimes. Next tournament I think I'm going to team with my friend the ganon, I might go Peach? Although would someone tell my why their ridiculously long recovery processes don't put them at a disadvantage when facing something like Fox/Falco or Fox/Sheik?

VA

Smash Hero
I'm sure, I kind of suck at it maybe? I mean, you can hold your ground and stuff but like mobility is kind of limiting compared to fox. Teaming with Jiggz is easier to control with fox because I can run around, get grabs and do other such fun things.

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
so today i was just messin around with peach and one game i was playing i was facing capt falcon on yoshis story. i hit him off the stage so he was below coming back up, i back aired him and it spiked him. he did not hit the stage then get spiked it just hit peachs bair right under her butt and sent him straight down. i was float canceling the bair idk if that has anything to do with it. idk if it was a glitch or if this is a known thing but i havn't herd about it and was wondering if anybody has? if you need to know more about anything i will try to remember the positioning and get back to you.
thank you

_Keno_

Smash Lord
So I've recently been using up-b to attack camping foxes when they platform hop above me to run away, and its been working pretty well (umbrella open/close to d-smash). Has anyone else ever experimented with this? Did it work well, or is it too punishable?

And didn't somebody discover a way to open/close umbrella over and over by just holding certain joystick directions and buttons (on first possible frame)? I remember somebody did, but idr if melee or brawl.

MacD

uh macd our fox dittos are amazing
hahahahahaha omg, how could i have forgotten about those

So I've recently been using up-b to attack camping foxes when they platform hop above me to run away, and its been working pretty well (umbrella open/close to d-smash). Has anyone else ever experimented with this? Did it work well, or is it too punishable?
i remember one time i was playing connor and he was camping the platforms on dreamland so i up-Bed him when he was on the top platform but not high enogh so that i would land on it, i somehow did it like 4 times in a row, it was hella funny and added like 30%

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah I don't think anyone has explained it properly at all. But it happened to me in tournament and I was like....wut? ok....move on....but yeah it's definitely odd.....

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
alright, I don't get how ppl do the FC Bair/Nair continuously really really fast right Oos. What buttons do u guys press to do it? Like, Mines are really slow, and sometimes i do full hop Bairs >_<

GSUB

Smash Lord
practice doing one FC Nair
then slowly start trying to do it faster
then start fast-falling them,
and after holding down for the fast-fall,
keep holding down for use with the beginning of your next float.
repeat this at a speed you feel comfortable.

then start doing multiple in a row going at your own pace, until you start to build a muscle memory for it.
try and find the perfect FC nair (or as close as you can get), and when you do, do it over and over.
then after not too long, you'll find yourself going at speeds you didn't think you could =)
It's what I didddddd, and it worked out very well for me.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Seriously, it's all about experience. Muscle memory is indeed a big factor. The more you play, the more it becomes second nature.

Cia

das kwl
well i have the worst tech skill outside of peach
I have the WORST tech skill period. Ask me how long it took me to master wave landing.

btw, this is the worst holiday ever. (In NY anyway) People go on the subway at all times of the day drunk, and vomit everywhere.

Top Bottom