• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

MacD

Banned via Administration
and now your status makes sense

the saddest thing about this day now is i don't get cornbeef and cabbage since i don't live at home :(

but it think we are going to have to have a worst tech skill battle... you'd be suprized how long it took me to nair out of shield, and the only time i L cancel outside of peach is in brawl...

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I have the WORST tech skill period. Ask me how long it took me to master wave landing.

btw, this is the worst holiday ever. (In NY anyway) People go on the subway at all times of the day drunk, and vomit everywhere.
Yeah okay, you keep telling yourself that when you play with me.

I don't even know what tech skill is and I doubt I'll ever hit my tech skill puberty.

MacD

wait till you see my sheik and tell me my tech skill isn't bad

my shiek can't utilt or ftilt when i want (like after dashing( and i can't running usmash... and i can boost grab but not jump cancel grab

EDIT: did you know teh mario's make their dash attack sound when they boost grab, it's kinda cool

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
LOL!

Oh...trust me...

I've had several dozen people actually show me on the control stick how to do it. And I'm so CONFUZZLED every **** time. :mad::mad::mad: So frustrating! T_T I wanna get it but I can'ttttttttttt!

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I've never found it that hard. Just walk forward, run backwards, and slowly walk forwards again. It should work if you did it right (I think)

The Irish Mafia

lol moonwalking isn't hard
just forward half-circle down as quick as you can

not all that useful but it's good when I need to get to the ledge
also if you moonwalk / wd back onto the ledge then you keep your float which allows super-cool ledgeguards and a nifty stall

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm really random with powershielding.

I was trying it with my brother and I PSed a laser into a WD OoS and PSed another laser and then moved around and PSed two more before getting close enough to make him stop lasering. But then shortly after I couldn't do it when I tried it on 5 lasers in a row. And I can't do it at all with Sheik, despite her bigger and fluffier shield.

I think I get lazy when I play Sheik.

The Irish Mafia

The timing differs slightly between characters due to shield size. Of course, the slight difference is pretty important in powershielding.
I can do it about 75% of the time vs falco now. It's one of the most useful things I've learned to do. Thanks, DOH!

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Blah, PS'ing! It requires tech skill D;

Btw, Vanz... today was the first time I actually looked at your sig and OMG.... maybe it's because I'm hungover, but it's ****ing hilarious!

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
what buttons do u guys press to FC Bair FC Bair FC Bair contin....

Do u guys use claw and C stick Bair?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
._. I never use cstick to fc bair. I'm weird...

And ya X is def the button of choice :bee:

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
alright, that helps. I found it really hard using Y and A to do Bairs. I'm gonna start using X and Z now.

What buttons do u guys press to shield and Nair Oos after hitstun?

Quaz

Smash Master
Is there a good way to buffer grabs? When I FC fair someones shield I want to be able to get that grab, but sometimes I feel I press Z too soon and end up lightshielding/jabbing instead or something =(. I could just shield grab but I dunno if you could buffer well with that either.

GSUB

Smash Lord
for nair OoS
I find it pretty easy; there's no secret way to do it other than being fast.
unless you shield with L, I guess you could use X or Y, and then Z for the nair

Shield with R -> Tap X* (short hop) -> Tap A*

*Do these as fast as you can

MacD

Is there a good way to buffer grabs? When I FC fair someones shield I want to be able to get that grab, but sometimes I feel I press Z too soon and end up lightshielding/jabbing instead or something =(. I could just shield grab but I dunno if you could buffer well with that either.
the only things you can buffer in melee are rolls and get up attacks, so if you ever wonder why when you miss your tech you do a get up attack, it's because you can buffer them, weird i know

i hate using shield and doing that stupid light shielding garbage, i think the best way to avoid that is either grab with sheild and a, or doing a jump cancel grab, like when practicing, i have a 100% success rate with jump cancelling, but sometimes just pushing z i jab or do that light shielding crap

MacD

hmmm i wondering, if your shild is hit with a higher stun move and you hold cstick up and mash a, you would in theory nair out of shield and not shield grab

hmmmmm though idk if that would really have any practical use

The Irish Mafia

I use X and Z for nair, it works
Quaz I'm pretty happy with mine
The thing is, I'd put peach on the list of top 5 most technical characters, at least potentially. Some peaches win with FC's and shield pressure, some with turnips and dsmash. I think all peaches see the potential peach has as a "Frame Perfect" character and want to encorporate some of that in their game.

I won't be completely satisfied until I can nair-slap.

MacD

lol yea, i accidently nair slapped the other day

today i realized i use A to nair out of shield because i use R to shield so i can't hit Z with it, now if i could only punish puffs fsmash with an uair OoS instead of just nair :/

MacD

i personally can't do it, i make sure i'm floating then i nair, but if i make sure i'm floating then uair, you can shield in time :( gotta get faster

and i know you fsmashed my shield a few times today, sorry

Top Bottom