• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Bair gives frame advantage too. Float cancelling is silly. Peach still sucks though.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i heard you have to reload you avatar because of whatever happened with avatars

and i watched one match where you win with young link... too funny

MacD

omg so i practiced tech skill yesterday for like a couple hours (while checking facebook, the boards, aiming) and i went from sucking to being able to nair across the stage again and doing them really fast in place, like the old days

the most frustrating thing was when was trying to fastfall it wouldn't fast fall, when that happened i got really mad and just took like a 5 min break at least

and i've realized i hate when i dash attack a fox at like 15-20, then i'm a noob and try and dash attack again but they just hit the ground hit and tech away from me :(

idk what this has to do with anything, i guess i just felt like ranting/sharing pointless nothing

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
what do u guys mean Fastfalling nair? and Nairing across stage? is it supposed to be some advance peach technique, or are u guys talking in general?

Cia

das kwl
I lost to Darc against this weekend. I tried my *** off in Winner Finals and still lost. I didn't even care in GF. But my winners set against Spawn is sooooooo ****. I recommend you guys watch when it gets uploaded. I played so perfectly =D

The Irish Mafia

Andale, we mean floating, starting the nair, stopping the float, and fast falling to the ground to cancel it quicker.

people keep on shieldgrabbing my groundfloat bair. I feel like I'm playing peach wrong when people shieldgrab my fcs. I gotta work on fastfalling my aerials more consistently and just getting my opponents to whiff sheildgrabs more and punishing that.

MacD

my teams sets from yesterday were pretty good and my match against taj!!! (i just wanna join the popular kids with vids)

lots of teams and my set against taj were recorded, i think my bracket match against scar might have been recorded, i hope so cause we had a really good set

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
is really fast double jump nair any effective with peach? I sometimes do it by accident when missing FCs

MacD

haha i know that's his peach, i meant you got straight up DADS by him in the 2nd one

it's ok, we'll teach him the ways one day vanz

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Vanz, after watching your set vs Spawn, I was inspired to try out a few things I saw. I was playing my friend's sheik and I broke his shield by throwing a turnip down onto his shield, then fc fairing into d-smash on it. I also started getting a lot more accurate with throwing turnips off the stage.

I noticed that ( at least on sheik ), if she is far enough off the screen that she is in the bubble thing and there are arrows pointing in her direction, you should throw a turnip at the arrows right as her bubble is crossing the arrows. I'm still testing this out and I need to try it against different characters but that is a good visual cue to use when throwing turnips off the stage.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
is really fast double jump nair any effective with peach? I sometimes do it by accident when missing FCs
there is no point in doing that. fc nair is faster, and if you get hit out of your djc you are now in the air without a jump
dj nair is better used in the air to change your falling momentum

john!

Smash Hero
Vanz, after watching your set vs Spawn, I was inspired to try out a few things I saw. I was playing my friend's sheik and I broke his shield by throwing a turnip down onto his shield, then fc fairing into d-smash on it. I also started getting a lot more accurate with throwing turnips off the stage.
Speaking of that, does anybody ever use Vidjo dropping? I've done dair-turnip-dair and dair-turnip-fair a few times to pressure shields.

The Irish Mafia

I do but mostly to give myself some time to descend after getting hit. Never thought to use it on shields, though. Thanks.

Vanz, please add to the front page that if you play against link, you should always CP brinstar. It's just complete death for him.

Cia

das kwl
Irish Mafia - Brinstar and Mute City are like.. given counterpicks vs the entire cast.. lol. If I forgot to put it up there, i'll add it next time I update.

btw, my username looks sooooooo sexy with Mod status. Can someone make that permanent?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arVqsY2ZzgI&feature=channel 4:23 is the best accident ever

that is the channel all my vids should be going up on, he expects everything to be up by 8 tonight

there will be us vs ss tang but otherwise all out teams are up i think, singles i think is only me vs taj

if you subcribe to it, just know one week will be melee vids, next week brawl, etc
I THOUGHT KILLING WITH THE FORWARD TILT WAS OUR THING!!!!

I feel so betrayed.

MacD

i can't control my failure of DADS :(

and had you been there, i could have accidently killed you with a ftilt... but i mean i killed him with reverse ftilt and you was just a normal one, i had to space and stuff against you :)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
there are lots of ways.

one of the big ones is throw turnip --> approach. usually fc approach but not always.

turnips cut off space. throwing up, forward, etc. the turnip acts as an object they have to answer or avoid, which creates a response you can punish or take advantage of. it bounces, so it can creates some interesting shield pressure stuff sometimes or sometimes just lingers awkwardly if a projectile hits it and you can then work from there.

they also interrupt ground moves, but nobody should be doing ground moves against turnips.

edgeguarding tools they're good.

camping they're meh but not too bad.

Top Bottom