• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

VA

Smash Hero
I think an underused tactics is throwing turnips downwards from standing out of shield. It's good, also dropping turnips out of being grabbed.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
It's good, also dropping turnips out of being grabbed.
Can you do this consistently? If I could do this consistently, I would be a very happy person. I tend to get grabbed by marth the most when I'm pulling or holding a turnip.

Also, everyone needs to do 100x fc turnip drop into ledge hogs so that it is second nature. That is my favorite edge guard against a large portion of the cast (marth, falcon, ganon, shiek, link, ..... and some other people).

Cia

das kwl
I think an underused tactics is throwing turnips downwards from standing out of shield. It's good, also dropping turnips out of being grabbed.
Are you still coming to Apex? I'm getting ready to register and I'm pretty sure I have to designate my teammate =D

BTW, how rare is it to actually see smashboards working :o

VA

Smash Hero
It's amazing to be able to look at SWF and yes I'm booked for Apex. I was going to say the down turnip combos to nair but I wasn't 100% because I did that to someone in the last tournament I was at.

I went to register too and it scared me that I have to find a teams partner. I've been pressuring a certain Canadian Sheik player to team with me but I'm not sure what's going on, I asked you first and ages ago but I didn't think you'd want to team with me xD

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
does float cnacel remove all the landing lag or do you have to L cancel anyway?
also, i suck against sheik alot, can some one type some basic **** i need to know?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
You should watch some videos to see how to play vs sheik, aaron. I learned 90% of what I do from watching rather than reading.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
To anyone: what do you follow up a successful d-tilt on Ganon with? At any percentage.
Same question with fox.

It may have been people di-ing it strangely, but I feel like my fair wiffs most of the time and u-air can't reach them. In other words, they flew too high up for me to combo them before they were out of hit stun. I suppose I could throw a turnip but that lacks in awesomeness.

Cia

das kwl
attention!

To anyone: what do you follow up a successful d-tilt on Ganon with? At any percentage.
Same question with fox.

It may have been people di-ing it strangely, but I feel like my fair wiffs most of the time and u-air can't reach them. In other words, they flew too high up for me to combo them before they were out of hit stun. I suppose I could throw a turnip but that lacks in awesomeness.
LMFAOOOOOOO. you're timing is too perfect.

MY COMBO VIDEO TRAILER IS UP. I'M SO HYPED. HERE'S THE THREAD.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9986496#post9986496

GO GO GO GO GO!

:D

Cia

das kwl
It's amazing to be able to look at SWF and yes I'm booked for Apex. I was going to say the down turnip combos to nair but I wasn't 100% because I did that to someone in the last tournament I was at.

I went to register too and it scared me that I have to find a teams partner. I've been pressuring a certain Canadian Sheik player to team with me but I'm not sure what's going on, I asked you first and ages ago but I didn't think you'd want to team with me xD
I just noticed this. You can team with KK if you want. I just want to know what going on before i give my money.. lol

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i liked the combo u did on ganon, Never seen that before, and yea it answers thegeneral's question so perfectly lol.

VA

Smash Hero
I just noticed this. You can team with KK if you want. I just want to know what going on before i give my money.. lol
Yeah I felt like that too which I why I started threatening KK. If I come back, we should team :)

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Rain, I'm not Vanz and I won't say too much...but I'd say your main problem is the delay in reaction. I feel like you would've been ok if you had just reacted faster.

Cia

das kwl
Jesus Christ, Pakman's Luigi is so broken.

Uhh.. I think Crismas pretty much NAILED the next step for you which is "execution" and "foresight." In others words, you need to refine your control over Peach and how well you manipulate her actions. You also need to position yourself so that your actions are prosperous.

for example. When you edgeguarded Luigi with a well aimed Stitch, you should have been there to catch it after it landed. Then you could have gotten more damage out of it on the next stock.

Something else I noticed is a lot of times, your Peach is just standing around. Like at 2:14 right after the turnip pull. You should be moving at all times. (unless you're doing a Cactuar style bait.. or something) Try to get in the habit of constantly moving. Even if your opponent is off the stage, there's always something you can be doing to keep control of the situation. This will get better as you improve your execution, just practice. =D

TheGeneral
- Well to answer your question a bit more specifically, I'd say pick the option that will put Fox off stage. My favorite happens to Dtilt > Fair. From there, you can potentially get a kill.

Now don't laugh at me on this, but I don't have 100% completed smash save on my memory card so i had to try this on pkmn stadium. But Dtilt > Uair kills a fox with no DI as early as 104% (meaning the Dtilt has to land while Fox is 104% or greater) So on FD, i'd figure the magic number is about 110. I'd say this is pretty reliable since no sane fox would ever DI down (for fear of getting trashed by Nair/Fair)

So.. there you have it =D

GSUB

Smash Lord
With platforms, you can Dtilt -> FullHop to Doublejump-insta-platform-cancel thingy -> Upsmash

I did it to a Falcon at 100 something today on the left side of BattleField, I meant to do FullHop -> DoubleJump -> Uair with cstick,
But I got that instead, lol.

Even on flat ground, Dtilt -> Run under them Charge Upsmash is a working, killing combo. at 100somethin.

Also, when I grab Foxes / falcos / falcons at high percent, I'll continally jab them while in grab to make them think I'm going to Fthrow them for the kill, which makes them DI upwards, then I upthrow to Uair for the kill n_n

MacD

Banned via Administration
a smart fox would DI dtilt up at higher percents (dam you mango)

soon vids of me vs sfat's sheik will be up, you guys can see those... i was just going to post them but the guy who recorded seems to have forgotten, i'm going to remind him

EDIT: good people will be able to react to an uthrow and should be able to DI it, at least that's how it seems, somtimes during chaingrabbing, i do random fthrow if i'm near the ledge and the DI is really bad

MacD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayFC5qxoqc8&feature=channel

that's one vs sheik, there is another one up, there are supposed to be 2 more but idk what happened to them, that's match 3, match one is the one of FD

1:12 is one of my cool combo's vanz, it's more DADS than most of yours, but it still gets the job done

EDIT: watch the end of the stock before 1:12, it's good too i think

and all the matches are up, if you care about the order it goes
1 FD
2 dreamland
3 stadium
4 fountain

MacD

/facepalm

fire is weak against water

fire is weak against dragon

ergo fire doublely sucks against kingdra

EDIT: i don't even play pokemon, i feel like the odd one out, i don't have a DS :(

Cia

das kwl
/facepalm

fire is weak against water

fire is weak against dragon

ergo fire doublely sucks against kingdra

EDIT: i don't even play pokemon, i feel like the odd one out, i don't have a DS :(
can typh learn dragon pulse?

Lol I know you're trolling... you have to be.

Didn't you get the game first than me?
Level 57 Typhlosion and 7 badges. Get at me 8]
EPIC GRAMMAR FAIL

lol, but i only ever get to play on subway rides, and i'm really taking my time. So I'm only in Ecruteak atm.. lol. But I played pokemon silver way back when so I pretty much know everything to do to beat the game (excluding minor changes)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I got another one of me. It's vs. that Puff, Velynn. Considering the damage he did to everyone, (except Lucky) I think I did pretty well. I know I made some mistakes, (Fair when I should Nair).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbby6oBpTxE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhVqBRkQG2s

I'm ready for the worst -_-
Well, it truthfully doesn't look like you know the match-up very well... Never dash attack a grounded puff (jiggs are usually in the air, so this shouldn't be too hard to stop), it is a free rest most of the time. Don't approach unless you have a turnip in hand to limit her movement. In fact, you really didn't use turnips that much =(

Also, you never baited attacks, you seemed to always just rush in. This match-up is a battle of baiting, spacing, stage positioning, and limiting options. I suppose armada vs mango would be good vids to watch (when you watch, try to understand armada's thinking behind his positioning relative to mango's positioning, watching without thinking doesn't help very much.)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion

EPIC GRAMMAR FAIL

lol, but i only ever get to play on subway rides, and i'm really taking my time. So I'm only in Ecruteak atm.. lol. But I played pokemon silver way back when so I pretty much know everything to do to beat the game (excluding minor changes)
Don't judge me and my Third-Worldly grammar.
Idk if the changes are so minor. They added the story line from Crystal and you can go and catch Ho-Oh as well.
Plus your rival "dies" after the Elite Four. Sike ;D

No Vanz, he cannot. But he CAN apparently learn Extrasensory in HG and SS
BROKEN!

Cia

das kwl
there's nothing broken about extrasensory. it's only good against 2 types and the damage is pretty average. And it won't even have STAB. (guess i knew a bit more than i let on =D)

also, I got ***** at the tournament yesterday. Like savagely *****. I need to play more =[

Top Bottom