• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
This post is amazing. I would sig it if my sig wasn't already legendary

:colorful:
Thank you! All of my friends say I'm some kinda weirdo for thinking this. But c'mon... it's too good.

However, I agree that your current sig is too good. Best. Dropzone. Ever.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Shiek and Peach actually have a lot in common. Not only in how you use their moves (burst things close range etc) but in the mental play of how to use them effectively.

Positioning playing a bigger role in both of their games moreso than any other character. For starters. :)

VA

Smash Hero
I dunno, I think they're quite different in that sheik has a lot she can do with grabs whereas peach finds use in grabs on a match up specific basis. Grabs are central to most top tiers, if peach could do more against floatier characters she'd be a lot better.

Also sheiks low % game is more about adding damage because she can easily be CC'd in some matchs ups where CCing against Peach is generally more dangerous.

Edge guarding with Peach is different too because of her second jump limiting her edgehogging capacity. I liked seeing bladewise using that turnip drop edge grab against m2k. I didn't think it worked that well, but he changed my mind.

I find that they are similary uncomplicated in their overall style though.

VA

Smash Hero
1/32 I thought for stitchface? or is that the damage it does, it might be 64. I think saturn is 1/100, bomb is like 1/300 and beamsword is like 1/600.

I'm really not sure about that though, I remember reading it somewhere...someone official come prove me wrong.

X1-12

Smash Champion
What do you all think on Peach vs Falco? I allways thoguht it was 60/40 in peach's favour but the falco boards seem to think its even thanks to platform camping mainly. What are your thoughts?

EDIT:

1/32 I thought for stitchface? or is that the damage it does, it might be 64. I think saturn is 1/100, bomb is like 1/300 and beamsword is like 1/600.

I'm really not sure about that though, I remember reading it somewhere...someone official come prove me wrong.

I'm pretty sure Stitchface is 1/56 and it does 34-36 damage (i think it depends if you drop it or throw it) and the other 3 rares are all 1/300

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Ahh probabilities >___<

It scares me :(

I think Falco vs Peach is kinda stage dependant (Cuz you know there's a match up that isn't...)

I think its close to even though, personally.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'm pretty sure Stitchface is 1/56 and it does 34-36 damage (i think it depends if you drop it or throw it) and the other 3 rares are all 1/300
FYI, if you drop a stitchface, it acts like a normal turnip. It does 34-36% depending on if you smash throw it or normal (no control stick input) throw it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I dunno, I think they're quite different in that sheik has a lot she can do with grabs whereas peach finds use in grabs on a match up specific basis. Grabs are central to most top tiers, if peach could do more against floatier characters she'd be a lot better.

Also sheiks low % game is more about adding damage because she can easily be CC'd in some matchs ups where CCing against Peach is generally more dangerous.

Edge guarding with Peach is different too because of her second jump limiting her edgehogging capacity. I liked seeing bladewise using that turnip drop edge grab against m2k. I didn't think it worked that well, but he changed my mind.

If Peach could d-throw like Sheik she'd be awesome tier.

Instead of just good tier.

marklar2

Smash Rookie
I have nothing to back this up with but I'm pretty sure your chance of pulling a stitchface/non-turnip increases if you pull the turnip after a combo/knocking the opponent off the edge. I pull at least 80% of my stitchfaces like that.

marklar2

Smash Rookie
Yeah, but I've sat in place on training mode trying to pull a stitchface before, it takes forever. It just seems to happen a lot more than it should sometimes. Kind of like Luigi's misfire, it happens way more than whatever the percentage for it is when you're recovering off the stage.

VA

Smash Hero
If Peach could d-throw like Sheik she'd be awesome tier.

Instead of just good tier.
Zactly, where is Peach dthrow CG? Imagine if they couldn't really DI it so it was just no DI everytime. Why not?

Also dropping stitchface is so sad...when he hits them and it does 1%...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
When I F-throw at the edge to put Fox/Falco offstage, what should I do after? All percents. I really have no idea what to do. I often just jump Nair or float Dair as precautionary but what else is good? I have massive gimping and edgeguarding issues on Fox.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
@KK

fc'd Back air is great. Try to aim your *** right at the tip of the edge, so you can punish a missed sweet spot from forward or up-b. I recommend doing this over and over again until

a) they die
b) you mess up

if b, they've hopefully taken a junk-load of damage by now.

Something I've noticed is that b-air stun can be cancelled with another up-b ( kind of like a meteor smash), so in that case, try using d-air because they can't mash up-b out of it immediately. They have to wait until they've fallen past your feet, in which case, they are below the stage and back in edge-guarding/ killing position again.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I dunno, I think they're quite different
None of this had anything to do with the mental state of mind I was referring to that makes them similar. But sure. XD
It's true, Superdoodleman ran some tests; her Bair IS stronger.
Wait. What? Really? THAT'S AWESOME!
Kind of like how Green Falcon is actually bigger than the other Falcons?
Didn't know it had an effect on any other character change. :)
So consider this:
maybe daisy is actually a clone of peach, as roy is a clone of marth, but she's just a lot worse, like roy is to marth?
>:[
I think Falco vs Peach is kinda stage dependant (Cuz you know there's a match up that isn't...)
For sure.
And lol
Kind of like Luigi's misfire, it happens way more than whatever the percentage for it is when you're recovering off the stage.
Wait what? What changes???
Fixed. Brunettes are much better.
I like you, you know what's up! :)
wait. what?
That's what I wanna know!
When I F-throw at the edge to put Fox/Falco offstage, what should I do after? All percents. I really have no idea what to do. I often just jump Nair or float Dair as precautionary but what else is good? I have massive gimping and edgeguarding issues on Fox.
Bair, like Shiek? :laugh:

MULTIQUOOOOOTE!!!!

Cia

das kwl
Yeah her bair is stronger, I tested it just now. Daisy's hips don't lie, and neither do I.
Ok, I cannot take this seriously.. lol.

MAGUS, plz help!!

"Does the Daisy colored Peach have a different bair then the blonde Peaches?"

If Daisy has ANYTHING better than the other colors, I see no reason to not use Daisy all the time.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
does anyone know what frame peach's UP+B out of shield starts? is it as fast as samus'?

i'm saying this because armada never did it vs mango's shield pressure so his shield gets eaten away; but i see pink shinobi doing up+b out of shield to get out of shield pressure

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Geez guys, I was just kidding. I didn't think you'd take me seriously.

It's just a costume change, there is ABSOLUTELY no difference between skins for ANY characters.
-RED Link doesn't take less damage from fire attaks
-BLUE Pikachu doesn't have more range on Fair/DashAttack
-CROWN Jigglypuff doesn't do more damage w/ Dthrow
-DAISY Peach does NOT do more damage w/ Bair

Sorry for the confusion, I was just trying to be funny :colorful:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Green Falcon is fatter than not green Falcon iirc. Not kidding. Something to do with Peach D-smash on Peach's Castle and Rolling. Ask Magus.

MacD

Banned via Administration
go to peach's castle and face the wall on the middle edge of the castle (the thing between the top and the ground) and dsmash with all falcon colors

one slips off, the rest it is cancelled somehow, really weird

Top Bottom