• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, for that too. But I think he was specifically asking about combos. Those would be more like tech chases.

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah, for that too. But I think he was specifically asking about combos. Those would be more like tech chases.
The answer to whether it legit combos on non-fastfallers is no, but it's use is more than just for combos, is what I was saying.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I never get more than 1 uair on marth if I up throw, unless I land on a platform, and it is still a rarity. I think it definitely has its uses though.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^maybe at zero u can get some legit stuff on ganon but from my experience it seems he cant jump away after the up-throw. not that him jumping away is a bad thing its like VA was saying u can react and punish him for jumping so i still find up-throw useful against ganon

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
sorry double post

So as I was saying in the other thread i was playing against y friends the other day. anyway i forgot to mention I tried using djlp in real matches for the first time. at first i kept failing and messing up the tech, but after i messed up one of the times I stopped for a sec and just said to myself "its easy to do dont rush just do it like u normally" after this I was able to pull off the tech everytime i tried. Now i just need to get better at implementing it since my first reaction is almost always to just jump and go for a up-air or nair. but now that I am getting better at using djlp (maybe it should be djpl for platform land) in a match I really think it could be a very useful pretty cool tech. everyone should look into using this more imo

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
VANZ.

Can someone do something about the Peach Video archive? I mean, it needs to be updated, and it's easier to go there for specific MUs, as opposed to searching for maybe 2 matches that exist (do you know how HARD it is to find recent Peach/Puff, or even some Peach/IC matches?) I wish someone were updating that, but I dunno if there is anything you can really do about it, like transferring control of it to yourself or someone else who would be willing to do that. Just running it by you...cause I kinda value it.

Then again, if no one else cares about it, then I guess it doesn't matter. But wouldn't that be a useful source for newcomers, too?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
f-throw at low percents is cool.

Does u-throw ever combo on people that are not fox, falco, or falcon? I heard some people said it worked on marth and I get it to sometimes work.
At about 20% it legitimately combos into stuff on Sheik (no DI) but I never bothered to test the range beyond 40%.

freaksheet

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have good hints fighting both Falco and Fox? They are honestly both thorns in my side and I just plain hate fighting against them.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well, you've got the first page of this thread, which gives really good information on most of Peach's MUs (certainly all of the ones that matter). http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242179

Falco:
- Floating over lasers is key. This keeps you mobile, which is important against him.
- You can CG him up to about 100-120
- Edge guarding is really key. Expect side Bs, punish up Bs. If they try to go high, just catch their landing with an aerial/smash, if possible. Be very aggressive in edgeugarding.
-DI away for all his combos, and mix up your DI

Fox:
-CGs up to about 100 or so, more or less the same as Falco
-Being above Fox is generally bad, so stay low to the ground with your floats
-Learn to SDI his uair, because that kills her early
-Find ways to halt his momentum. I find that low, quick aerials are very good at this.

That's really all that comes to mind as far as general things...

freaksheet

Smash Cadet
Well, you've got the first page of this thread, which gives really good information on most of Peach's MUs (certainly all of the ones that matter). http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242179

Falco:
- Floating over lasers is key. This keeps you mobile, which is important against him.
- You can CG him up to about 100-120
- Edge guarding is really key. Expect side Bs, punish up Bs. If they try to go high, just catch their landing with an aerial/smash, if possible. Be very aggressive in edgeugarding.
-DI away for all his combos, and mix up your DI

Fox:
-CGs up to about 100 or so, more or less the same as Falco
-Being above Fox is generally bad, so stay low to the ground with your floats
-Learn to SDI his uair, because that kills her early
-Find ways to halt his momentum. I find that low, quick aerials are very good at this.

That's really all that comes to mind as far as general things...
Well, I failed. I didn't even see the first post. n.n'
But thank you for the help.

Falco's Blindspot

He doesn't have any moves that protect him from front/above

High float > nair/fair/dair hit him best. Remember to never just approach with it. Space it and bait something you want him to do out of it, even if it's him expecting you to bait something out of it

freaksheet

Smash Cadet
What makes Falco annoying is the short hop laser. Even when I have a turnip pulled, a couple of hits with the laser and it vanishes. Ruining that. So what should I do then? Wait for him to come to me? Or just become aggressive?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
You have to float at a height where his short hop laser won't hit you, and where it'd be really unsafe to full hop laser. That's usually about the height of a platform on Battlefield. So float at the height where half of you is below the platform, and half of you is above it. You kinda have to get into his space, but not commit. You want to threaten him by floating near enough to where you can punish a reaction, but not too close to where you'd get a nair/uair under your skirt. The exact distance of where this space is becomes intuitive with practice, I think.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Hey all, I got some MM's and a crew battle recorded at a smashfest this weekend. I need help with the sheik MU, and have a MM in such a matchup. I actually feel like I played on a higher level than I'm normally playing on, as evidenced by a scarily armada-esque combo seen in my MM vs kevin M. Vids should be up later tonight, critique is incredibly appreciated. <3

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I will be watching the vid and looking at what other Peaches say so that I can learn more about Sheik. On top of having absolutely no idea how she works, and no idea of how to play her, she owns me constantly (though a little less, since I grab more. Thanks, KK)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
that angle is not a blind spot if you know what you're doing

like if falco does a bair, itll stuff any move you do at that angle

freaksheet

Smash Cadet
I would think you'd have to fall a bit while doing your n air instead of just floating, and then pray that you can continue with a dash. Then start juggling or something. With my experience with Falco players it's best to get in close with them. Or atleast that's how I play my Peach.

freaksheet

Smash Cadet
So what stages can we say Peach best plays on? I mean, I know it depends on the enemy.
I prefer something with platforms myself.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
You have to float at a height where his short hop laser won't hit you, and where it'd be really unsafe to full hop laser. That's usually about the height of a platform on Battlefield. So float at the height where half of you is below the platform, and half of you is above it. You kinda have to get into his space, but not commit. You want to threaten him by floating near enough to where you can punish a reaction, but not too close to where you'd get a nair/uair under your skirt. The exact distance of where this space is becomes intuitive with practice, I think.
honestly this is a great description of how to deal with falco and it highlights my biggest issues with the MU. I Dont bait him I just get close enough for him to nair me, and with falco it goes nair>pain. My issues if I feel fair is to slow in most situations against him and I feel nair is to high to hit him. So when i try to nair him i have to drop down but once I drop i get hit with something so not sure what to do about that. (Might not surprise u to find out I kinda hate the falco MU. Hopefully one day this will change and I will love fighting it)

MacD

Banned via Administration
i've only lost there like 3 times, once to a falco in the midwest, and twice to floaty campy *****es

i think i even carried connor that one teams game where he lost all 4 stocks before i lost my first one hahaahhaha, good times

freaksheet

Smash Cadet
I actually do pretty well on Rainbow Cruise, But I'm starting to like Brinstar and fountain of dreams as well. As long as I can keep them at bay and stuff.

Top Bottom