• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Violence

Smash Lord
Hello all you fabulous Peach mains.

My friend is trying to main Peach in a land of Falcos, and he has no one to learn from except Hitsugaya, who does not play regularly anymore.

He's just started melee a while back, and it seems like he's having trouble grabbing the ledge on Battlefield. Is Peach's ledge grab box weird on that stage? There are times where it looks like she should grab it, but she doesn't. I don't really have an explanation for this.

Also, what techniques should he learn first? He can control float height and he can dash dance into dash attack/grab, but that's about it right now. I don't know how much wavedashing is useful for him because he has to perfect wd for it to be actually useful(I think?)...

Anyways, advice would be appreciated.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Trying to be as far away from the battlefield edge as I feel certain that I'll grab it, works best for me; practice makes this perfect, in the past battlefield has been ****** me left and right, when I started (up to a point, where I probably would've striked to something else in competitive matches), but by now it rarely happens (maybe once per month? And we play a lot :) )

ATs: tell him to move that yellow stick down much :D
Ok, seriously: I guess being able to consistently doing fc nair / fair into some mixup of jabs / grab / dsmash on shields is really helpful. WD is pretty nice to do some "dash > wd backwards > punish" baiting shenanigans, but floating and being quick enough with your fingers to really take advantage of the 4 frames of landing lag is imho probably the single most helpful thing for peach.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Because I asked you to team. And my word rhymes with witch

I don't use that other word. Because I'm a lady

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
There can be harm in doing so. Only post it if you want it critiqued. Be ready for us to point out your obvious and not so obvious mistakes.

Dont make the same mistake others have made in posting a video and getting obvious responses then flipping a *****.

Cia

das kwl
Because I asked you to team. And my word rhymes with witch

I don't use that other word. Because I'm a lady
when did you ask to team? U only asked if i was going D: Either way I asked Idea first. We'll have way more chances to team for ****.

:teemo:

damn Alan, ur Peach lookin pretty damn good in that vid.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So...I have it in my head that the Peach/Ganon MU should be fairly simple for Peach, but I've been struggling with it for a while. I think I have trouble distinguishing havingtrouble with a matchup vs being worse than a player (the player who I play against is a fair amount better than I, and he is a Ganon main). The MU itself is still kind of tricky, because you can't approach in a straightforward manner (which is what I love to do, lol). Peach's approach game is weird, but she isn't all defense, and I want to see what more I can do with her in terms of intelligent aggression (which isn't just running in randomly).

Also, I notice that there are times when, all of a sudden, I'm choosing the right options, and I just KNOW what works. However, I can't bring this up all the time, nor am I really "consciously" aware of these options. I guess it's more intuitive? And I certainly wouldn't be able to write down a detailed post of what I'm looking to accomplish when I do certain things...hmmm.

Just posting thoughts, really.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
just nair him when he's in the air and d-smash him when he's on the ground. stay in his face the whole time.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I dont find ganon to be tough at all, the only issues i ever have with him is when i rush in like an idiot. on the other hand i never played a really good ganon.

edit: that was not a helpful post at all (so let me try again). so like the people above me said use turnips and honestly the most important thing imo is once he is off the stage make sure he stays off. atm since i never played a good ganon he just seems to slow with a way to predictable recovery to cause me any issue, but hopefully i will be able to go and chill at apex and get a friendly in with kage or something.

(still not super helpful but better i think)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
generic advice vs ganon:

up airs are good for comboing him

up smash is a good counter to his combo-break efforts if you overextend and drop your chance to finish with a nair or something

dash attack through fairs if he's not spaced properly

if you jab reset him you can always d-tilt or fc uair to start a combo because of his weight class & set KB (he doesn't get the get-up attack or rolls - he can only DI onto his feet, which you can see)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think I have trouble distinguishing havingtrouble with a matchup vs being worse than a player (the player who I play against is a fair amount better than I, and he is a Ganon main).
It might be useful to not to think about player skill at all, and just focus on learning the match-up.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Factoring in a players skill is a good way to maintain confidence and not get discouraged. If you know they were just better than you, but it was close/you took games then you can (hopefully) maintain a positive attitude.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
There can be harm in doing so. Only post it if you want it critiqued. Be ready for us to point out your obvious and not so obvious mistakes.

Dont make the same mistake others have made in posting a video and getting obvious responses then flipping a *****.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-1Qo4zKQCc&list=UU0Jha-5Ckmhh1_6ECTXwuxw&index=4&feature=plcp

I'm really out of practice and I roll/mess up a LOT. I'm still getting used to shield stun again.

But I'll take critiques, because I'm not a little *****. I've been playing since 2k4 and gone out of state a good chunk of times, so I'm no stranger to the concept that I'm not the best player in the universe.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Something I wanna screw around with is, rather than throwing turnips when Fox is close to you, Z-dropping them. The SH throw goes above his head if he's close whereas the drop hits his shield or him if he's running under you and could probably allow you to initiate if it hits. I dunno. Seems plausible.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Something I wanna screw around with is, rather than throwing turnips when Fox is close to you, Z-dropping them. The SH throw goes above his head if he's close whereas the drop hits his shield or him if he's running under you and could probably allow you to initiate if it hits. I dunno. Seems plausible.
It can work. Most Foxes I've played against tend to shield when that happens, so you just DI behind them and do whatever. I like dsmash, since their shields tend to be low.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, turnips are good for him. And yeah, the matches I have with him lately are close enough to where I can become more satisfied with how I do. But it's so frustrating when I get beaten badly, because I always assume that I should do better, rather than realizing that he's had 5 years of experience to my barely 1 year of competitive play.

(KK: How good is Unknown's Ganon? Cause I did beat it in one friendly at AXS 3 (not saying that means anything, but I got reminded of it during this Ganon/player talk) )

DoH was talking to me about using turnips against fast fallers as defensive traps, and I think this was one of the things he mentioned as being very good. The few times I've used it, I've gone for down smashes off of the turnips if they hit them, but I'm sure other things could be done as well.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I posted this in the other thread but the deadline of getting a room is close to i am going to ask this question here as well

i plan on going to apex to chill (play friendlies), but atm i dont have a room in the hotel nor do i know if my freinds are going, so anyone know if i will be able to find a room to crash in if i just show up? like do people just let people crash in their hotel room?

Also i am going to be finding out by tomorrow hopefully if any of my friends r going so we can get a room

VA

Smash Hero
There is a video of me using the turnip drop inside Prof's shield somewhere. It's pretty nasty if you do it right.

Turnip drop is also pretty good for if you get grabbed/smacked with a turnip in your hand. It doesn't happen all that often, but it's kind of useful to know that this will break you out of combos like dthrow > knee and some other evil stuff in PAL version.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I posted this in the other thread but the deadline of getting a room is close to i am going to ask this question here as well

i plan on going to apex to chill (play friendlies), but atm i dont have a room in the hotel nor do i know if my freinds are going, so anyone know if i will be able to find a room to crash in if i just show up? like do people just let people crash in their hotel room?

Also i am going to be finding out by tomorrow hopefully if any of my friends r going so we can get a room
It happens all of the time. Worst comes to worse, you might have to pay a few bucks to crash somewhere, but even that may not be necessary.

Top Bottom