• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So what stages can we say Peach best plays on? I mean, I know it depends on the enemy.
I prefer something with platforms myself.
Dreamland usually comes to mind, because we live forever. FD is actually really good for her, too (I can't think of an MU you wouldn't take there, someone correct me on this if not). FoD is also really good because the platforms allow us to get more down smashes than usual. I would just not take a Falco there (personal). Battlefield...I dunno how that one fares for Peach, really, but MacD does hate it (with good reason :p )

honestly this is a great description of how to deal with falco and it highlights my biggest issues with the MU. I Dont bait him I just get close enough for him to nair me, and with falco it goes nair>pain. My issues if I feel fair is to slow in most situations against him and I feel nair is to high to hit him. So when i try to nair him i have to drop down but once I drop i get hit with something so not sure what to do about that. (Might not surprise u to find out I kinda hate the falco MU. Hopefully one day this will change and I will love fighting it)
Well thanks. Uh...I would recommend just learning to be faster with your fairs, and make sure you are keeping you eyes on him. Sometimes, I like to just float there for a little while, and when my float is running out, drift back with an FC fair in case he tries to take advantage of that. I don't generally like falling with nair cause the hitbox isn't good below her, and fair gives more coverage, but it works sometimes. Falco is kind of an annoying MU to learn, but if you don't let his lasers control you, you've eliminated a sizable amount of the problem.

What do peach players think of rainbow cruise?

:phone:
I've liked that stage always, and I'd happily CP a Fox Falco there (if it weren't banned...)

Quick question..

In what situations do I want to fc uair rather than grabbing or something after a dtilt or dash attack?

At low percents on Sheik for a combo is the only situation I can think of...

Palpi

Smash Hero
Also, do you think there is a situation where you can do a low % fc nair, into a sh nair?

I was fooling around against computers and was trying to experiment a little.

Also, jaiye, i was thinking more specifically to spacies or characters you can chain grab. But yeah, we are probably thinking of that armada combo on amsah that started with a dtilt haha

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Also, do you think there is a situation where you can do a low % fc nair, into a sh nair?

I was fooling around against computers and was trying to experiment a little.

Also, jaiye, i was thinking more specifically to spacies or characters you can chain grab. But yeah, we are probably thinking of that armada combo on amsah that started with a dtilt haha

Oh. Well...if you dtilt a spacie at high percents (100-ish), upsmash is better, cause it'll kill. But I'm fairly sure that around the 40s you could link dash attack/dtilt > FC uair > something else.

jaiye why would you CP a falco to rainbow cruise? and why would you not CP falco to FoD? was yesterday opposite day or something?
I hate FoD and I like RC. I tend to base my CPs off of personal preference (which means lots of FD, and maybe DL64 if I'm feeling not so confident).

freaksheet

Smash Cadet
I think the f-air is handy, especially if they camp. Or you deceive them with turnips and then come in with the f-air. :3

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
macd taught me fod's basically just a better version of yoshis so i try to think of it like that, it's good because you can keep them close but i rather dislike the platforms sometimes. if you control the center, it's a godlike CP.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Same way as most people do, I guess.
Keep your thumb on x/y to float, hit a. Let go of float after 4 frames. Profit :D
so down on the analog stick, hold x, let go of analog stick, a, let go of x?
i claw btw

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
One the 2nd or 3rd one I probably would have grabbed tbh. You lucked out that he lost his jump to your Umbrella and died.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
so down on the analog stick, hold x, let go of analog stick, a, let go of x?
i claw btw

X / Y to initiate jump, down on analog stick at the height you prefer (you can already hold down, if you want to float just above ground)
let go of the analog stick, keep holding the jump button.
Hit A
Let go of the jump button

So, basically: yes, you got it right (and could've easily verified on your gamecube :D)

If clawing makes it easier for you to hit z instead of a, you can do that, too. (I don't know; I personally don't claw, and don't really look how others are holding their controllers. For all I care they could be playing with their feet (: )

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
The only thing I can think of in that situation is to try to switch them up with a pivot grab. Also, be quicker about them, because you might be giving them too much time to react.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
2012 metagame: tomahawk floats to downsmash! Make it happen! :D
0 frame difference compared to doing a aerial will be totally worth it :D

On a more serious note: I'm still pretty uncomfortable with my play against Falco. I usually try to float at full jump height to avoid lasers and do retreating Fairs, until I see a opportunity to get in with a nair or dash attack and try to combo him off the stage from there, racking up percent along the way.
But oh so often I feel forced to shield, from where I really don't know what to do.
Shield rolling away in an attempt to reset to neutral from where I try to get in again just feels so... wrong.

What do you guys do? Is there some point to do a fc nair or sth out of shield?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Everytime I shield a laser I always jump afterwards into the float height where he can't hit you.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I actually never thought of simply jumping out of shield if there's enough distance between us; but, what I probably failed to express properly, I'm mostly concerned about shl to pillaring approaches. Or that nair with it's stupid priority :(

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So i went to a tourney today and i did pretty bad, but thats ok. i went in there not thinking about doing well at the tourney but instead with the mind set to learn. And I believe i did learn a lot today, for one I believe my ability to fight both falco and marth has improved a great deal thanks to today. (i also want to thank shrouded for his description of the falco MU which helped finally get what i was doing wrong through my thick skull, and also armada b/c watching some recent vids from some tourney i saw what he did against falco and i was able to get a better understanding by watching his matches.)

I also got to play HBK again (a lot) and i did worlds better then last time. what was 3 and 4 stocks were now 1 and 2 stocks. I even took a match or two. Now sure losing a vast vast majority is not good but the improvement itself makes me happy, winning will come in the future.

I also got to play wes which was fun. and After winning at least half if not slightly more of the games i am certain now that when played correctly samus is free. Now i know wes is not the top samus he once was but I got to play the Mu both correctly and incorrectly and when I played it the right way it honestly felt like I could win it every time as long as i dont do anything dumb. Now when i was dumb and rushed in I lost b/c its just the wrong thing to do. But i did rush in at times b/c it was just friendlies and samus vs peach can get kinda boring. I also beat his mewtwo with my ylink which was a fun match for me.

Ok so now to improve more and do better next time. Also hopefully i can go to apex. I wont join the tourney but i really want to come down there to chill and play friendlies so hopefully i will be able to make the trip

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Turnip usage is the key to fighting jigglypuff. Many useful ways to do this. The main 2 are either to throw them out of shield, or to jump and throw them. Besides those 2, just camping with turnips is okay, but blocking a Jiggs aerial then throwing a turnip or jumping then throwing a turnip is the best thing you can do usually. I think jumping and then throwing the turnip forward or down is the best, depending on where jigglypuff is after the attack.

Also, a Jiggs that doesn't Bair often loses to Peach's Fair every time.

Cia

das kwl
I lol'd so much @ that set. I think I love KDJ's goofy peach style.

@Paju - I'll watch your set later today. it's currently 6:13 am here.. and i have to go in a bit.

:teemo:

Top Bottom