• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Ambix

Smash Ace
It just occured to me....how does alex even know who i am? =/

EDIT:

Any of you ever play munchkin?

I'm bringing my munchkin sets to apex.

All peach in-house backstabbing event.

Be there or be effeminate.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
lolol I'm not gonna ditch you, MacD.

In fact I've starting working out again j4u.

It'd be cool to team with Mach Dash. It might be a bit awkward tho considering I can't really talk to him directly.

Plus I'm bad and I think you may still like me even if I'm bad at the video games. Mach Dash probs won't D:

Edit: no homo

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Munchkin is the greatest game ever.

PLEASE tell me you have super munchkin as well.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
And that, dear friend, is why im more amazing then you.

Dont worry, for just 24.99, a poor soul like you can be just as amazing as I.

VA

Smash Hero
come back to US. My Sheik can be pretty lame when it wants to be.

:colorful:
I will come back and eat any Sheik alive. Nom nom.

Is there a summer tournament in the US I should be saving for? I have already started harassing Cactuar to team with me.

Cactuar you are in, this means that DoH you are out.

Auf Wiedersehen.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I will come back and eat any Sheik alive. Nom nom.

Is there a summer tournament in the US I should be saving for? I have already started harassing Cactuar to team with me.

Cactuar you are in, this means that DoH you are out.

Auf Wiedersehen.
***** really? You want to try and step up to my man?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's like...fair > jab is perfect...dthrow ***** so hard, cause there's no way to DI to not get comboed...needles...fair...fair...I just don't understand how she works, or how to get in on her. I know we can CC her moves cause they're weak, but we can't rely on only that. Also, her shield makes downsmash kinda worse.

Anyone have detailed tips on Sheik? (KirbyKaze, maybe? You main Sheik and use Peach...so...halp)
D-tilt > FC uair > ??? PROFIT at low percents

D-tilt > FJ uair / soft bair > ??? PROFIT at medium percents

Throw vegetables.

Grab her about eight times as much as you currently are. This requires tighter pressure but I don't care, learn tighter pressure. Stage position makes her panic more because she wants to get back to the middle. This opens up more chances for you to get cheesy counterattacks and setup your brutally **** combos. Throwing her off the level is good in general, too.

I think using a variety of aerials and trajectories is good. Makes it harder for Sheik to defend properly if you're attacking her awkwardly.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So, the dtilt tidbits were more or less what I was thinking. I just need to improve my combos.

Someone told me to chuck turnips at her, but I didn't feel like turnips would help me as much as they do against Marth/Ganon/Puff. Thank you for that.

It's actually fairly hard to grab Sheik for some reason. :\ I'm definitely going to work on getting more grabs on her. Does uthrow do well, or fthrow? I find that dthrow doesn't get me a followup on her as well as it would on any floaty, but I'm not sure if I could string uairs from uthrow legitimately. Perhaps bait out a DJ/aerial from uthrow and react accordingly?

Being awkward...that makes so much sense. Whenever I watch Armada/DoH against a Sheik, I can never exactly understand what they are doing. and I think that when I do this (in my desperation to find something), that's when I have the most success against her. But it is certainly something I need to work at...and it's something that if I were to look at some Peach/Sheik now, with this knowledge, I could get an idea of how to formulate.

Thank you very much, KirbyKaze. I do appreciate it. Your character is pretty dumb, and I need all the help I can get. ;)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Throw her towards the edge in general (includes b-throw if appropriate, and d-throw if you're right next to the edge because d-throw > WD edgehog > ??? is a pretty good option to cover certain ledge strats and leads to nonsense, or you can just run off fair). If you can put her on a platform, then do so because uairs **** her (especially at low percent).

Something my housemate did to me once was FC uair underneath my SH aerial (think it was a bair?) and it ***** so maybe there's potential with more uair to sneak under things. It could probably be used more; seems to hit an important area.

Turnips are mostly just to see how she responds to them. You're probing at her wall. They also bounce in front of her shield and make a dead zone that she can't attack directly, which is dandy. They're useful in weird way.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Sheik's bair, to me, always poses a problem. I've never thought of aerialing underneath it, to be honest. I'll definitely try that. Uairs in general seem to be really good vs Sheik, I guess cause they send her up in a way that she can't deal with? (And someone being below her is bad in general)

VA

Smash Hero
I always use Uthrow in the middle of the stage on Sheik, she has to jump away or try to aerial out of it. I like baiting aerials out of uthrow and powershield dsmashing to punish. Fancy and probably not that good but useful. Also making her use her second jump is great so I think it works like this:

Peach does Uthrow

Sheik can

- Jump
- Bair/Nair
- Get hit by your Nair/Uair
- Tech on platform
- Do nothing

If she DIs away and doesn't aerial fast enough you can dash attack but that's pretty unlikely and only really possible on low %s. I think more often than not you can threat the away DI with a uair and shffl it and get her in a really bad position from that.

That's what I do, that or Dthrow. I really don't like Bthrow for some reason.

VA

Smash Hero
Like if I grab with my back to them and they're by the edge I will rarely bthrow. I think Dthrow first, uthrow second choice, bthrow like...never.

Cia

das kwl
Like if I grab with my back to them and they're by the edge I will rarely bthrow. I think Dthrow first, uthrow second choice, bthrow like...never.

I use bthrow every now and then just for it's damage. I believe it's slightly stronger than her other grabs. When I know that no other grab is going to get me something. Like when I grab a puff at 70ish percent. might as well just go for max dmg

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik's bair, to me, always poses a problem. I've never thought of aerialing underneath it, to be honest. I'll definitely try that. Uairs in general seem to be really good vs Sheik, I guess cause they send her up in a way that she can't deal with? (And someone being below her is bad in general)
Dash attack ***** her bair if she's stupid with it at all. But corner her properly if she's good at baiting it so you don't dash attack into a platform waveland or triangle jump or similar shenanigans. Veggies are your friend.

B-throw is just a decent positional throw that conveniently does 11 damage. I like it because I can use it to place the opponent in a spot where their character is closer to the edge and therefore has fewer options to run away from me because they get cornered. Kind of like f-throw, but sometimes it's more appropriate to send them behind me. I understand the appeal of d-throw, but many people shake it now so I needed an alternative.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
f-throw at low percents is cool.

Does u-throw ever combo on people that are not fox, falco, or falcon? I heard some people said it worked on marth and I get it to sometimes work.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Uthrow is good-ish on Sheik, cause you can bait reactions out of her and punish them (similiar for Luigi). As for Marth, maybe at close to zero percents you can get a uair off. Maybe on Ganon too. Other than that, for characters that aren't Fox/Falco/Falcon/Sheik (read: floaties), dthrow is your best bet for combos.

You can combo off of an upthrow on Roy at really low percents, I think, but no one cares about him.

VA

Smash Hero
I think it's pretty good in general for forcing a situation that's not good for your opponent like being on a platform or using their second jump.

I am a massive scrub though.

Top Bottom