• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
There's some serious revers psychology going on here for people to be thinking hax is afraid of leffen or some dumb **** like that

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
I really don't think leffen was being 100% serious with his list and just wanted to get on a few people's nerves lol
I don't think he wanted to piss people off actually, it was just somewhere between a predictions list and a wishlist.

Leffen's abrasive but his comments make more sense IMO if you don't assume he's always being abrasive on purpose.

Battlecow

Play to Win
And I have to admit, backing out of the MM looks kinda bad now. Think of it this way Hax: if you refuse to do anything less than $200, you get nothing out of leffen. If you decide to go through with $50, then you can get $50 out of him (assuming you win, of course.) Now what do you think will make him more upset: losing the set AND $50 to you, or losing nothing to you?

Of course, you may have factored in the fact that you might not win the MM, but then the chance would still exist for a $200 MM. But now that you know he won't accept $200, the only reason you might want to do that is because of that risk.

So you see, it's in your best interest to accept the $50 MM.

...and the viewers' :troll:
giving hax way too much credit lol

There's some serious revers psychology going on here for people to be thinking hax is afraid of leffen or some dumb **** like that
It seems incredible to me but can you think of a better explanation? The stage johns to "You're not worth it" transition was just painfully transparent.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
javi conceivably could beat his falco...and you're telling me mango's falcon could beat him? delusional. i'd bet $ that javi would beat PP again.
yeah... watch the video online of mango beaTing javi on youtube. with Falco. im totally delusional :sonic:

last 7 pages. m2k vz Mango crew bAttle. hax vs leffen shud b 4 $50. javi vs pp. sum1 thinks 9b is Gonna win Brawl.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Kanye rest would u actually put money on pp losing to javi again? Cuz id love to find u at the apex venue for a little friendly wager lol.

Idk about mangos falcon tho lol.

Hax

Smash Champion
it's not fear, Battlecow. it's regret that i ever became associated with him

"stage johns"? no MM i ever play won't have bans. spacies players are already at enough of an advantage in this game, it makes NO sense to not have bans and favor them even harder. you act like i'm asking for some absurd ruleset; i'm asking for the ruleset that's in place at every ****ing tournament i go to (and if it's not, it's still the one we play with because getting rid of bans doesn't make any ****ing sense)

k i'm tired and don't wanna type much so i'll just tldr the next part: i didn't realize how badly people wanted to see this so it's still gonna happen (as long as there are bans). i'm just hardly enthusiastic about playing leffen for $50. looks like i gotta go 2 for 2 at Apex between leffen and S2J. i'd hate to lose either of these MM's

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Mango's falcon > javi
I could see Mango beating Javi with Puff or Falco. But I don't think Javi is losing to any CFs anytime soon, let's just be honest here.

Edit: And what's the basis for the S2J/Hax MM? I'm just wondering how hype-worthy it is lol

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
I think the basis for this MM is the uncertainty around who should be called the best Falcon in the world, but I might have missed something here so it's just an assumption.

Battlecow

Play to Win
PPU taking top 12

easily best marth right now other than m2k's in like 3 matchups on FD

put him in for shroomed on my list

hax good on you dude

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
This thread should be called "who will win apex... Mango, PP, Hbox or Armada?"

I almost 100% that anyone out of these four will win apex

btw, mango winning

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
let's bet something much harder, like who the highest placing marth will be.

m2k excluded

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
PPU is gonna upset one of these: Javi, PP, or I CAN REALLY FEEL him on Hbox. The way he played vs Fly Amanita just seemed like something that could beat Hbox. Idk, we'll have to see ;)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
let's bet something much harder, like who the highest placing marth will be.

m2k excluded
Is Pewpewu going? I think .jpg will be the highest placing marth, but they should both place decently high. I expect .jpg to be about 12th place, and pewpewu 17th.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Tai

I believe in AZ
haha i'm really flattered that you think that :embarrass:

thank you <3

i honestly just don't think i'm good enough to accomplish that in my current state, and i don't know how much refinement i can accomplish in the like, 3 weeks leading up to apex

maybe at G3 though

Top Bottom