• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can record these matches. I have a professional camera that can record video in 1080.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Or the "beat us" card

This is gonna be good ^_^

I wanna do ness v sheik as well

:phone:
Oh my god we really can just bust out the "beat us" card. And if there's more than one person we can do it teams style. Wow, that's kind of cool. I feel so deliciously snobby.

Also, Ness Sheik? I don't remember that MU being particularly fun when we played at Impulse. But okay. But like... I dunno. Can we not do tons of those? I really dislike fighting CG low tiers. Plus I think practicing Puff and Sheik vs each other is probably more useful for warm up & making sure we're ready for fruit, naval ships, and doctors with questionable medical licenses.

I'll play a few though. Since I'm making you fight my Fox.

Hax

Smash Champion
yeah so **** this money match. if my terms of $200 aren't met then i have absolutely nothing to gain from it. what i want are leffen's tears and losing $50 isn't gonna do that to him. this was never about the money, it was about leffen being a little ***** who can't back up a word he says on the internet and i wanted to expose him for that. he's able to post a top 10 at Apex prediction list where he's 1st and i'm not even on it yet he can't even accept an MM of any amount vs me for ****'s sake.

the kid pissed me off with his typical lack of a brain and managed to get me to compromise from this. congratulations to him.

he wants to call my $200 MM a bluff because i'm wagering an amount of money i know he can't match? how the **** was i to know the person who spent $1000-$1500 to come to the USA and make $0 twice didn't have a measly $200 to bet? ****, that's more money than i've spent on transportation/hotel in my career blown over the course of 2 tournaments. leffen was stacked for all i knew. now that he's referred to $25 as "high stakes" i'm well aware that he has no source of income and his mother has been paying for his trips all along -- how the **** could i have known that when i issued the MM?

leffen won't be getting **** from me unless he mans up. as the MM stands i have nothing to gain. i don't have **** to prove to him. associating myself with the biggest ****** in the history of smash isn't worth $50. back to my ignore list

in other news i will be MM'ing S2J :)

PB&J

Smash Hero
can we PLEASE have a lot more setups this year than last year? That would make everyone's experience tremendously better by far imo
I dont know how many set ups there were last time but if the size were to double that would be very good.

I think 50 setups for melee and 50 for brawl should be good and if it was this last time, I hope there is more. Makes tournies go so much better.

Crt tv's are like 15 bucks at the thrift store.Im pretty sure we can get way more setups than last time

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
is it in the same place? if so idk how you could have many more setups and still leave people adequate room to move freely. there were close enough last time, it just wasn't run optimally so people didn't get to play as as freely and as often as planned

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
there were more than 50 set ups for just brawl last year and things went very slowly

there was even a huge argument between chibo and alex because round 2 pools of brawl were supposed to start at like 6-8 on friday/saturday (whichever day) and things didn't finish until like 11:00 and Alex wanted to run them anyway

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
for teh record it was due to how it was scheduled + rr pools and doing them all in a day. It still ended not that late despite everything. I guess I have to be perfect though :\ .

It will be fine now and setups wont be an issue. Last year I asked people to bring stuff and no one really did. This year I did everything myself cause from it.

It's gonna be 32 brawl/32 melee and 16 casual setups. Doubles/singles on different days + Bracket pools scheduled to the letter ( aka check the schedule. )

me and chibo didnt argue we were figuring stuff out and the staff we had were meh.

Guys should just ask us lol.

This year is guaranteed to run faster cause of bracket pools.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Wait, bracket pools? Like what EVO does? So at anytime you lose 2 sets you're out of the tournament?

That's ridiculous!

Codi

Smash Ace
that is going to make it really hard for upcoming players to make it out especially if they get a death pool

Engo

Smash Ace
Not really top 128 make it out. It is a lot easier to make it put this year vs last.
Sorry if this has been answered before but how many per pool?

Hax should just do the $50 mm -_-. Clearly 50 is a lot for leffen so that will be enough to shut him up and make him feel bad if that's what he wants to do. Bailing out now makes him look bad now lol

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wow hax doing his very best to make leffen look like a brave and virtuous gentleman

Had more here but I thought better of it

Hax is not looking good right now, is the gist of it

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hax, if you are not going to do it then I'll take your place.

You said to "Man up" but being a man is following through to what was already planned. Just beat him and that's it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
let's add something to the pot.

user is banned for some amount of time, or forever

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
List:
1.Leffen
2.Armada
3.Javi
4. Mango
5. KirbyKaze
5. Axe
7. Dr PeePee
7. Hbox
9. S2J
9. SFAT
9. Unknown522
9. M2K
Haha. Why haven't I heard that you put yourself at the top of the list? And then you put Javi and Armada. Its as if you're constructing the top 3 to not be anyone from America. ROFL. What are you basing this list on? Armada, obviously top three, yes, but Javi did well at a single American tournament. Also, he undeniably caught a lot of people by surprise with his obscure playstyle and his tricks, but you have to understand that people aren't going to fall for shine on shield wavedash back anymore. Nobody is going to roll.

The rest of the list is lol too because it is all just hopefulness. None of it seems to be based on results. Otherwise, Peepee would be in third and you wouldn't be on the list.

Hax please. I don't care how much of his money you take, just take it. He needs things to be taken away from him.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe Javi was just mad better than the players he beat and he still has plenty of aces up his sleeves. Who knows? After all he never performed poorly at an american tournament.

Chisk1n

Smash Cadet
Javi haters don't realize he was retired from melee and he only practiced a little a week before apex, you only watched a rusty Javi, hope this time he can practice at least two weeks before new Apex :)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
People seem to forget that leffen said:

Sue me (no **** this is not the most probable results if you go by past tournaments, but I think 99% of those predictions have already been made)
RIGHT AFTER posting those "predictions". Obviously he knows it's unlikely to happen, he was just trying to stir the pot lol.

And I have to admit, backing out of the MM looks kinda bad now. Think of it this way Hax: if you refuse to do anything less than $200, you get nothing out of leffen. If you decide to go through with $50, then you can get $50 out of him (assuming you win, of course.) Now what do you think will make him more upset: losing the set AND $50 to you, or losing nothing to you?

Of course, you may have factored in the fact that you might not win the MM, but then the chance would still exist for a $200 MM. But now that you know he won't accept $200, the only reason you might want to do that is because of that risk.

So you see, it's in your best interest to accept the $50 MM.

...and the viewers' :troll:

Edit: Also lol @ people who said anything javi did was gimmicky. Like I said before, it's not much of a gimmick if you're getting crashed around and can't do anything about it.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Armada, obviously top three, yes, but Javi did well at a single American tournament. Also, he undeniably caught a lot of people by surprise with his obscure playstyle and his tricks, but you have to understand that people aren't going to fall for shine on shield wavedash back anymore. Nobody is going to roll.
Please, gimmicks and "tricks" don't work at such a high level of play, and if they do, it tells more about the "top" players losing to them.

Javi is legit and much better than many give him credit for, you don't just fluke your way around top 1-5 in these tournaments, you need to be hella good at this game, better than the people below you, consider this:

The fact that he was able to do so well on his first time in a large international tournament could be as well interpreted as a testimony on how much better he might do next time around having more experience and being more comfortable.

E: And if you think people like Hax and PP lost to Javi because of shine -> wd back gimmicks you are basically saying they suck at adapting lol

Top Bottom