• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
....And...reported for trolling.

Seriously dude, don't do that. If you lurked enough you would know that.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
He spelled "Tiers" wrong...

He should get away with it, just becuause of how funny it is.

:093:

Tenki

Smash Hero
No, it's still ********.

It has some sort of false implication that anyone worth mentioning actually uses tier lists to choose their mains.

vvv
edit/response to next:
Well, it still doesn't change anything, lol.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I meant funny as in, "He tried to be funny, and still made a spelling error"-funny.

:093:

Napilopez

Smash Lord
just a quick question, when is the next tier list supposed to come out?
sonic for mid tier. it shall be done.....
It says it on the first post =P They should just make it big bold and colorful.

June 5th.

Also, I think link would be whatever mid tier is if he had a great recovery. I really don't see what particular weaknesses he has besides recovery. He can rack up damage, he can kill, he can pressure. He just can't recover. Ever. Its also hard to judge because link is one of the most technical characters, and few people play him to potential cuz it just sucks being gimped so much lolz.

The way I see it Link would be at least as good as or better than Toon Link if he had TLs recovery.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Did you forget something Teirs Are 4 Queers
It HAD to be said
What's a teir? Sounds like something Kanye West would use to smack a ho.

In other news, I honestly think this "Tier List" is actually genitalia ranking, and so I sincerely believe that in the next few months, Sonic will skyrocket upwards and Dedede will spiral downwards.

Incarnati0n

Smash Rookie
Olimar going up 7 places really shows how some characters are still evolving, wow.

The only thing Tiers ever stopped me from doing is maining MK, really.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
What I'm sad about is that in future lists, I only see kirby going down.

He's got no AT's at all, and people are bound to see ways around his strategies, like what happened with his throw combos. They were once thought to be 0-50% inescapable, but now we're lucky if our opponent doesn't have some way to avoid the uair after the fthrow (it plain doesn't work on sheik, mk can nair, snake can pull a grenade, mario can jump out, I'm pretty sure kirby can too...).

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
What I'm sad about is that in future lists, I only see kirby going down.

He's got no AT's at all, and people are bound to see ways around his strategies, like what happened with his throw combos. They were once thought to be 0-50% inescapable, but now we're lucky if our opponent doesn't have some way to avoid the uair after the fthrow (it plain doesn't work on sheik, mk can nair, snake can pull a grenade, mario can jump out, I'm pretty sure kirby can too...).
Try switching it up. But if your opponent is at 0% and you start the fthrow>uair -- if your c-sticking the uair it should connect. But if you expect them to DI out then depending on where they DI, instead of Uair try Fair, Fast falling Fair, or Nair.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Try switching it up. But if your opponent is at 0% and you start the fthrow>uair -- if your c-sticking the uair it should connect. But if you expect them to DI out then depending on where they DI, instead of Uair try Fair, Fast falling Fair, or Nair.
No, I do, but you missed the point.

Because of sheik's really weird hurtbox, you have to wait a fraction of a second to hit her, and she can avoid you bye then. Snake/Link, pull out a 'nade/bomb, combo broken (though you can always not attack when the do that and follow with a uthrow, omnigaying if you're lucky). Mario has an insane jump and can just get out or super jump punch. Marth can upb (although you can work around this and get him). MK can nair (friggin combo breaker!). The throw combos used to be thought inescapable all the way to 50%, and now they only work to the uair, if that.

:(

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I don't know how DK is up that high. Ness completely pwns DK any time.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It has some sort of false implication that anyone worth mentioning actually uses tier lists to choose their mains.
To be fair, many people do that indeed...

but ...

... anyone worth mentioning ...

Sure, there are good players who change to a higher tier character because they realize that character's better abilities will help them win, overcome matchups, or complement their style better than their current character.

There are also multitudes of crappy players who will use a higher tier character and avoid a middle/lower tier because the tier list made them look good/bad.

Like, the ones who still dismissed Olimar in the days of Tier List 1 simply because he has a self-lethal recovery when he gets knocked off the edge, without paying attention to whether or not he actually can get knocked off the edge much during the game.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I know someone who thinks olimar is the worst character in the game...

I'm all like....WTF?
nubcake.

I hate :metaknight: scrubs

:094:

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I know this has been said.. but I think Wario is the third best character in this game.

Anyone thing the tier list will reflect that next time? The only real impediment is Marth, **** Marth though.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I know this has been said.. but I think Wario is the third best character in this game.

Anyone thing the tier list will reflect that next time? The only real impediment is Marth, **** Marth though.
Grab release may or may not restrain him from that.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Grab release may or may not restrain him from that.
Well.. yea... you could say that about any tactic >_>.

"I am sure this is true or false!"

While getting grabbed as Wario is never good, he has a good anti grab game and a good grab, making actually grabbing him hard.

It does for sure.

Oh and small stepping with DDD
They claim to have the advantage on DeDeDe.. although I doubt that. Still, I think Wario vs DeDeDe is more doable than DeDeDe vs MK, having a better matchup on MK is quite the good characteristic to have.

Wario's not as good as DDD or Falco.
Evaluate please. I think DeDeDe getting ***** by Olimar really hurts his tier status, as well as having a difficult matchup with Falco. Falcos have also been predicting a decline, AFAIK, because the CG to spike to gimp is becoming easily avoidable. Also, you can CP Falco to terrible stages, and his recovery, while not terribad, is still a problem...

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
First off DDD is worse against Pika, Falco and Ice Climbers(oh god. T_T) than he is against Olimar. Why did you mention him? Especially since he isn't even popular. Olimar doesn't **** DDD and I think it's not important. D3 has such good matchups with so much of the cast he's up there.

CG to spike has ALWAYS been easily avoidable. Or at least to a point where it's not suddenly going to change. The stage CP is a problem but no stages REALLY **** him up that bad. Maybe like... lylat and frigate orpheon.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
First off DDD is worse against Pika, Falco and Ice Climbers(oh god. T_T) than he is against Olimar. Why did you mention him? Especially since he isn't even popular. Olimar doesn't **** DDD and I think it's not important. D3 has such good matchups with so much of the cast he's up there.

CG to spike has ALWAYS been easily avoidable. Or at least to a point where it's not suddenly going to change. The stage CP is a problem but no stages REALLY **** him up that bad. Maybe like... lylat and frigate orpheon.
I just knew the Olimar was bad. I did mention Falco. I never see Pika or Ice Climbers around here, so I kinda forgot. The thing is, Wario has good matchups with much of the cast too. The only thing that really stands out to me is the fact that DeDeDe does well against Marth, and Wario doesn't. But DeDeDe still has more difficult matchups.

So Falco has a problem killing, at least compared to Wario. Being able to kill early really helps a character, and being hard to kill is a plus. We see good Warios like Spamerer and DMG surviving to really, really high damage just because his aerial mobility makes him so slippery. He is also able to bait many reactions, and punish from there. He can, for example, jump at an opponent who he placed in the air, float beside them while they airdodge, and clap them afterwards. If they get used to that, simple clap earlier.

Point being, he is very survivable and kills quite well, which is huge boost.

Also, having 2 bad stages is all it takes, and one being a neutral is bad news. With 2 stages, one that is never banned and one that is seldom banned, he will be forced there by smart players.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace

Yoshi's tongue would like to have a word with you.

I DO think that Wario should move up a spot, though. He's a great character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom