• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Falco will most likely go down now that Pikachu CGs him 20%-100% anywhere. That's a LOL counter right there. Pikachu also CGs DDD 0-90%.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Yay =D

Also, shield pressure as well as just banning FD makes the matchup manageable at least... And that is good, especially if the pika vs Falco matchup just became unmanageable.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Okay seriously.

I'm a skeptic when it comes to CG, and the Pikachu's boards are usually right so...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't think that Wario will rise that much this up coming tier list, unless something drastic changes. Falco still has the tournament results over Wario and IIRC, a slight edge in match-ups. I can see the gap closing drastically however, and possibly them switching the tier list after that. Wario also has a good number of characters to get past before taking Falco's spot.

It also depends if something major happens with D3, Diddy, or G&W. All of those are in the running to switch things up, though G&W is the least likely.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I don't think that Wario will rise that much this up coming tier list, unless something drastic changes. Falco still has the tournament results over Wario and IIRC, a slight edge in match-ups. I can see the gap closing drastically however, and possibly them switching the tier list after that. Wario also has a good number of characters to get past before taking Falco's spot.

It also depends if something major happens with D3, Diddy, or G&W. All of those are in the running to switch things up, though G&W is the least likely.
Enlighten me on ''said characters'' that Wario needs to get passed.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
The problem is, Wario has worse matchups than say, Falco or Marth. Unless something huge happens that heavily nerfs Falco, Dedede, and G&W, Wario probably won't move up more than one or two spots.

Also, he needs to lose weight

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I don't know how DK is up that high. D3 completely pwns DK any time.
There ya go, I fixed it for ya!

...Even though you won't likely ever see this thread let alone my post for that matter in the future anytime soon.

You're welcome.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
>_> Yaaaaaaa....Dun kinda showed you what I meant....You can't just say "Put Wario above Falco", you have to prove how he's better then each and every one of those characters. I honestly think Marth and D3 at least can give him a hard time.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
It seems Pikachu has a 0-100% chaingrab on Falco. If this is true and confirmed to be inescapable it is over for Falco. If it can be linked to a D-smash or U-smash even worse. Also more and more people are getting used to Falco's camping and laser game and how to gimp his recovery. It seems Falco's are getting better and his positives are expanding at a much slower rate than his weaknesses are being exposed/exploited more (IE recovery and KO fails).

Falco should go down a bit. I don't think he is better than DDD. Also G&W was badgered for his lack of a good matchup vs Snake and MK but it seems more and more the good G&W's are coming around this problem and are actually starting to show G&W can compete against these characters.

We should see some interesting changes in the next tier list.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The chain can be broken out of with a shine or jump after I think 60-70 percent, I was just reading a thread on the Falco boards about this.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Lucas and Ness being tied.
Zelda/Sheik not having an own entry on the list.
Diddy and Ice Climbers being so low.
ZSS not in C Tier.
Sonic only rising by 1 spot.
Ice climbers aren't very viable. Most of their bad matchups are the majority of the characters used at tournaments.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The chain can be broken out of with a shine or jump after I think 60-70 percent, I was just reading a thread on the Falco boards about this.
eh? He can't. This is inescapable. Its not like shine is even 1 frame like Wolfs and even Wolf can't get out.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I don't know how DK is up that high. Ness completely pwns DK any time.
What the-

DK is a very powerful character in the proper care. He's faster, stronger, and heavier than Ness, he can get around his PK Thunder when recovering because of his Horizontal recovery attack, and his Bair and Ftilt beat out a LOT of Ness's moves.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
He's BIGGER, faster, AND stronger.

...I fixed it for you too.

There's no point, he/(she?!) isn't going to come back here and back up any of his/her assumptions with any evidence... even if you can already tell it is outright wrong.

risemix

Smash Apprentice
Too much underrating of ZSS in this thread. She's top 10 material if not top 5.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I must ask. What's the reasoning behind that? I could say that Captain Falcon should be SSS tier, but that wouldn't change anything. So, why?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
No.

ZSS is a very good character a lot of people underestimate, but she definitely is not Top 10, yet alone Top 5. C Tier, yes. MAYBE the last place on B Tier. But definitely not more.

Ice climbers aren't very viable. Most of their bad matchups are the majority of the characters used at tournaments.
You think so? Well, if you ever get grabbed by the ICs you can kiss your stock byebye. I never faced competent Ice Climbers until that WiFi match of us two, and you CG'ed me to like 100%. Even before I thought the Ice Climbers would easily make it into the B or A Tier. But now that I've faced you I'm almost certain they belong into A Tier.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I agree IC can be A rank material. But the IC players need to find a ways to keep Popo and Nana together. Thats usually where their game falls apart is when they get separated and/or Nana dies. Then there's also their UP+B which is dangerous to use as a recovery tool.

All that and the learning curve for the IC is pretty steep. Only thing i've been able to do is their walking CG. lol I wish i could do the alternating throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom