• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Then correct them on what terms they are wrong.

I still say that Link would be a great character if he would be able to jump and/or recover.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Nah. Sonic is pretty bad as a character, yet Sonic's place higher than they should based on their tier position. That's because the player comes into play. I know we've gone over this over 9000 times, but you guys can't forget it. There's a reason MKs can lose to Sonics. Sonic takes a lot, and trust me when I mean a lot, of skill to use well.

edit: In response to the Sonic posts, not the link ones, I took too long to post I guess. Also does anybody always type "soinc" instead of "sonic" when typing?

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
*sigh* It starts again...

Link's recovery isn't all that bad. You have to get a certain amount of momentum from his mid jump. He jumps just fine imo.
Your own fault, Sir.

Link's recovery and jumps are bad, you can't deny that. I only know of little characters who have such a bad jumping ability, as well. One who strikes me immediately is Ganon. There Link could be better in recovery, I grant you that.
But everyone but Ganon jumps and recovers better than Link.

Linkwearsgreen

Smash Journeyman
Brawl doesn't revolve around jumping. And usually Link will be knocked sideways by a smash. His recovery allows him to go completely horizontal to recover. Plus there is the bomb jump and all.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Your own fault, Sir.

Link's recovery and jumps are bad, you can't deny that. I only know of little characters who have such a bad jumping ability, as well. One who strikes me immediately is Ganon. There Link could be better in recovery, I grant you that.
But everyone but Ganon jumps and recovers better than Link.
Ike's jump is about on par with Ganon's. Snake's isn't THAT much better. Neither is DeDeDe's

However Ike has a bad but still way better recovery then Link. Ganon's Up B is much better then Link's Horizontally and similar vertically, Snake has a brilliant recovery and DeDeDe has multiple jumps and a recovery with great distance. Also none of these characters fall anywhere near as fast as Link does which really adds to the problem the Jump and Up B have.

I am simply awestruck. I have never ever seen even the most clueless Link main try to claim his recovery is not that bad.

Bomb jump is a situational lifesaver that only helps Vertically. And it doesn't really matter if he gets knocked sideways his recovery is just as bad horizontally, I hate how short his tether is too.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Brawl doesn't revolve around jumping. And usually Link will be knocked sideways by a smash. His recovery allows him to go completely horizontal to recover.

In a game that almost every character can recover to the stage with ease and very little thinking, Link has a bad recovery. Especially since it relies on using your double jump to get momentum going...

Plus there is the bomb jump and all.
That's not even reliable anymore, this isn't Melee. Since they extended the time Link's bombs explode and the fact that he can no longer make them explode himself.

:093:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Brawl doesn't revolve around jumping.
lolwut? O_o

The game is far floatier and air-bound than Melee. And if you think it doesn't revolve around jumping, go tell that to Wario or GaW mains. They'll be happy to educate you.

And usually Link will be knocked sideways by a smash.
Which doesn't mean that he can't fall downwards.

His recovery allows him to go completely horizontal to recover.
Which doesn't make his vertical recovery better.

Plus there is the bomb jump and all.
Which has lost a lot of effectiveness since Melee. =)

Linkwearsgreen

Smash Journeyman
You can throw them at a wall while you are right next to it like on Yoshi's Island or Delfino... anyways, I never need to use it. I get back to the stage just fine all the time.

Edit: WTF Lawz??? You main him!

Maybe it revolves around jumping for Wario and GaW, but not Link.
A good smasher will not allow themselves to fall randomly.
His vertical has enough to recover.
I don't use it much.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
You can throw them at a wall while you are right next to it like on Yoshi's Island or Delfino... anyways, I never need to use it. I get back to the stage just fine all the time.
getting staged spiked kills you easily.
Wario's nair puts you beyond recovery range
ROB can fair Wall of Pain you
Sonic can just use a spring to kill you
MK can just dair you

all these simple things kill Link so easily

Linkwearsgreen

Smash Journeyman
getting staged spiked kills you easily. about two or three characters can do this easily.
Wario's nair puts you beyond recovery range How will he recover?
ROB can fair Wall of Pain you Can be avoided.
Sonic can just use a spring to kill you - Not easy to hit with constantly.
MK can just dair you Screw metaknight! he's broken! This can be avoided too

all these simple things kill Link so easily

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
1) You do realize Wario has a godly aerial game...right? He can pretty much use both double jumps offstage to harass you, pull out a bike, jump off the bike, and still UpB...

2) Everything can thoeritically be avoided, but the truth is in high levels of play, it'll happen. Especially against Link.

3) It kinda is...Jump > Spring > Profit. Link will quite often get stuck in the situation where he has to recover low, heck, he almost always has to. All Sonic really has to do is drop a spring between him and the edge.

4) Still his point remains that MK can screw Link over...and MK is a huge part of the tourney scene...

:093:

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
um......

Wario: bike to recovery and he's back on the stage
ROB: true it can be avoided but do you know which way to DI? if not it still can put you beyond recovery
Sonic: actually you'd be surprised they use it as you recover which stuns you and you completely lose momentum and the recovery is useless
MK: doesn't matter if he's broken it's still something you need to know

Link sucks and it's his recovery that makes it true. you can't deny it no matter how many reasons you try to think of.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Not easy to hit with consistently... are you kidding me?

I felt so bad for this Link player I kept decayed Bair to Spring gimping (in a tournament scene BTw, this Link is no joke), it almost made me want to cry.

You're only making things worse for yourself by not accepting a character's limitations, we could correct you but we really don't have to since it is only going to come to you sooner or later, but I guess it would be better not to find out the hardway when it counts, does it?

...Then again, some people can only learn then.

Regardless, I don't have to be a Link main to realise he has the worst recovery in Brawl and nothing can be done to help him once he gets offstage... I bet even the Captain (not Olimar... or maybe even him too I dunno) could gimp Link is how bad it is.

Linkwearsgreen

Smash Journeyman
Obviously, Link's recovery is not good. I just said it is not as bad as ppl think and say it always is. Anybody can be gimped, and Link is no exception. But his recovery does, in fact, take him up more than a centimeter. Especially if you use it right.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul

Edit: WTF Lawz??? You main him!

Maybe it revolves around jumping for Wario and GaW, but not Link.
A good smasher will not allow themselves to fall randomly.
His vertical has enough to recover.
I don't use it much.
Just because this fine specimen of a player says his character is bad doesn't make him hate Link. He knows his character and obviously you are too closed-minded to understand that too.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Obviously, Link's recovery is not good. I just said it is not as bad as ppl think it always is. Anybody can be gimped, and Link is no exception. But his recovery does, in fact, take him up more than a centimeter. Especially if you use it right.
It's not just the distance. We know how far it takes him.

Link's fall speed, combined with the range of his Up-B's hitbox, allows him to be hit out of a recovery quite easily. People know that Link is coming from below, so they can punish accordingly. So many things can hit him through his Up-B that it's sad...and once you're knocked away, you don't have much momentum to get back to where you need to be.

It's arguably the worst recovery in the game, because of his double-jump, low speed of his tether, situational aerials, fall speed, and Up-B.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Obviously, Link's recovery is not good. I just said it is not as bad as ppl think it always is. Anybody can be gimped, and Link is no exception. But his recovery does, in fact, take him up more than a centimeter. Especially if you use it right.
it is as bad as people think. what you're saying is with momentum cancelling, DI, and his double jump he can make it. BUT once you use the second jump it's over once they grab the ledge/hit you with an attack you WILL NOT make it back (unless you are ArkiveZero)

of course it takes him up more than a centimeter but it sucks either way.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If it makes you feel better, Link is BA onstage and it's not always easy to swat Link off of his feet.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Jeez! Ok if you ppl insist that Link is all sucking just because of recovery, then fine. :rolleyes:
lol hey listen i understand you love Link. he's SO much fun to play as and i'm sure many people can agree with me. his recovery is the reason he's so bad but he's got some great qualities.

he's got pretty good killing potential
his ground game is actually really good
his spot dodge is one of the best in the game
his projectile spammage is also good
he's got pretty good priority

he's a good character onstage but it's his offstage game that makes him suck.

he has good qualities but some are just plain bad

.Marik

is a social misfit
Link is decent. Not amazing, though.

You can only stretch a certain character's potential until a particular point, because of their glaring weaknesses that are easily spotted.

Sure, I know there are Link mainers who ****. But, compare that to a MetaKnight or a Snake, and most likely the Link will perish. Because of the easily spotted weaknesses.

In this case, it's his awful recovery.

I liked Melee Link way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom