• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Am I the only one who thinks that Brawl Luigi absolutely sucks and needs to move down?
I think you are, I'm guessing you don't use Luigi's newer advantages to win your Brawl's. That or your skill level isn't pro with Luigi. What ever the case is, you just have to watch how Luigi Brawl's and see if he is used better or not.

Brawl Luigi > Melee Luigi imo.
True. Also, Melee Luigi was hard to come back on some stages because you were force to use his Side-B, and sometimes the misfire could help you, or kill if your near the edge, on Brawl, it's not a likely chance you'll die if it misfires if your near the edge, and he has better recovery options.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03 ics Pikachu :)
King Dedede 12.94 ics, falco, pikachu
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50 marth, mk
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38 mk, gw
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94 rob, mk Peach, Luigi ROB was reduced to 40:60

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34 marth
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06 d3
Ice Climbers 9.59 gw, mk, snake....

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ZSS is indeed amongst the top 10 chars without any solid counters (35:65/30:70)... only if you consider Falco a 60:40~
fixed......

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Am I the only one who thinks that Brawl Luigi absolutely sucks and needs to move down?
Judging back from your post where you talk about Luigi's properties...

He is slow? How? He's one of the characters with the faster attacks out there, including all Smashes, which are by the way not even that weak. Whenever I play as Luigi I'm astounded by his speed and power. Of course, he doesn't have the speed of an MK, but seriously... how can you say Luigi is slow? Then you must think characters like Ike are the personification of sluggishness. :dizzy:
His tilts are okay for spacing. His aerials are powerful. His recovery is great - he doesn't only have the Green Missile and the Fire Punch, but also the Tornado. His ability to DI is one of the better ones out there.

Granted, his projectile isn't that good. His traction is horrible. And he lacks some range. But honestly, I doubt Luigi is one of the worst characters in the game. Where he is... that place is perfectly fine.

Yes, some of his moves got nerfed from Melee, but some got buffed, especially the Luigi Cyclone and its recovery abilities.

I can see where you're coming from, but Luigi neither is slow nor has he a bad recovery.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I guess Super Angry Luigi hasn't been winning his Brawl's with Luigi, why does this sound funny. XD ♥
Despite how wrong I thing SAL is to place Luigi near Falcon, he is indeed good with Luigi, I rarely win against him in Luigi dittos...

Anyone want to know where Luigi would probably be top tier (correct me if i'm wrong) E and below tourneys. Luigi at the top of the list, ****** all characters below...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Dittos do not prove anything, you can suck at dittos and be better than your opponent.

boo-diddly

Smash Cadet
S
MK
Snake

A
Diddy
Falco
Wario
G&W
DDD
Marth

B
ICs
ROB
Kirby
Olimar
Lucario

C
Pikachu
ZSS
DK
Wolf
Peach
Luigi

D
Zelda/Sheik
Toon Link
Pit
Ike
Sonic
Fox
Ness
Mario
PT

E
Lucas
Samus
Bowser
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Link
Ganondorf
C. Falcon

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I was about to make a post saying on why I didn't see Sonic in that list.

All I had to do was look higher.

Haha almost like finding Waldo.

But yeah, anybody can tell you he is way too high.

Put him lower so it feels more natural.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That seems about right. At least we know how bad our characters are...
Still doesn't matter, I have fun playing as Ness, and he's still a viable option in tourney matches. Same with Sonic. I only use him in semis for some reason.

Browny

Smash Hater
Have a bad experience?
no lol, I use olimar too and the ease at which i can win vs people i go even against with any other character is no coincidence. olimar has always been one of the best chars. Olimar is ridiculously hard to fight against for everyone. Read any boards matchup discussions... they all talk abot how olimar is so much harder than currently perceived and boards which claim a heavy advantage over olimar are under the assumption olimar cant jump and is only limited to standing in place and getting owned by aerials lol

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I think Diddy is too high on the list, once people learn to use his bananas against him, it will show that he's good, but not that good.

woody72691

Smash Ace
god i hate this list, it's vile and disgusting that the people who made this list put falcon on the bottom and the lame boring meta knight at the top. i think the makers put to much time into the new characters than revising melee characters. i really cant wait for a new tier list!! falcon higher up.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
god i hate this list, it's vile and disgusting that the people who made this list put falcon on the bottom and the lame boring meta knight at the top. i think the makers put to much time into the new characters than revising melee characters. i really cant wait for a new tier list!! falcon higher up.
Falcon is one of the worst characters in the game. Granted, Ganon and Jigglypuff aren't much better.
Meta Knight is without a doubt the best character in the game. Granted, Snake is not that far away from the blue puffball, but MK still is the best.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I think he has potential to move up a few. *coughsoniccough*
sonic surpasses Link offstage which already puts Link at a disadvantage.
Sonic's recovery options surpass Link.
his speed is easy to overwhelm Link. good Sonic will pressure Link fairly well.
Sonics side b has invincibility which can go through boomerang.
Link WILL NOT go past Sonic on the tier list. face it Link is a bad character if he's lucky he'll move up one spot MAYBE. but otherwise he's bottom tier.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Link is just... bad. Some of us are doomed to be low tier.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Link needs to get a major revamp for SSB4. I hate what they have done with him in Melee and in Brawl (even though he sucked in SSB64, which I will not get into). If anything his recovery should be much better, I hate to see a character be terrible for so many games because of one minuscule point.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Link needs to get a major revamp for SSB4. I hate what they have done with him in Melee and in Brawl (even though he sucked in SSB64, which I will not get into). If anything his recovery should be much better, I hate to see a character be terrible for so many games because of one minuscule point.
His recovery was actually pretty good in Melee, because of the longshot. He was bad for other reasons, too.

Linkwearsgreen

Smash Journeyman
Then I'll have to get another 8 years of practice in after 8 of Melee. :(

Well, they could just make his recovery better...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
especially since he was bad in all of the games.
He was bad in every game outside of the Zelda series. The best he was in Melee, and even there he was only mediocre. :(
Poor Link. I never liked him too much, but it's getting out of hand... he was terribad in every game he was in, including Soul Calibur II.

His recovery was actually pretty good in Melee, because of the longshot. He was bad for other reasons, too.
Mainly his lack of speed, terrible grab, punishable moves and rather weak combo game, if I recall correctly. Not too sure though, so don't hit me if I'm wrong.

Well, obviously Sakurai is jealous.
I mean come on. <.<
Do elaborate, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom