• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I personally think that pikachu will jump in the next ranking. The reason is, the pika boards have just discovered a bunch of new chaingrabs, even one on metaknight!:)

risemix

Smash Apprentice
I must ask. What's the reasoning behind that? I could say that Captain Falcon should be SSS tier, but that wouldn't change anything. So, why?
ZSS has some of the best recovery in the game, although there are characters who do it better. She is a nearly ungimpable character that can escape any chaingrab and cannot be combo'd, ever due to down-B. She also has the best combo game in Brawl.

In addition, only one of the characters that is above her in the current iteration of the tier list is anything worse than a roughly even match, and that's Falco. MK and Snake are 45:55-40:60, and ZSS is considered widely to be one of MK's hardest match-ups. Snake is easier. Every other match between ZSS and MK is even. Going beyond that, ZSS has a only few disadvantageous match-ups in the whole cast, the worst being Falco at 30:70. ZSS boasts even match-ups with every other top and high tier character and even or better with the lower-tiered ones.

ZSS has some of the strongest aerial game in brawl. Her ground game isn't amazing in melee range, but once ZSS creates an opening you can kiss anywhere from 50-60% goodbye. She builds damage ridiculously quickly. She also starts with the 3 armor pieces of course that deal massive damage and she sports a fantastic glide toss that makes excellent use of those.

She has a 1 frame jab, 4 frame utilt. Her tilts are high priority and set the opponent up for her amazing combo game. She is a fast, low lag character with range, excellent spacing tools, and the closest thing Brawl will ever have to actual hitstun. ;)

Her weaknesses are overshadowed by her abundance of strengths and ZSS tournament results speak for themselves, especially when you consider how few people are currently even playing her as a main. If you don't think ZSS should be top 10, you're pretty much crazy, although I might have exaggerated by saying "top 5."

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Do not go yakking off Pika's CG's.
We...er they actually want to get the surprise on tourneys.
And anyways, it works like, up to 20%.

risemix

Smash Apprentice
lies. lies.
No, it's actually pretty true. She has 3 jumps and one of them has 12 immunity frames. Her tether recovery reaches the blast zone vertically and can be used multiple times. And she can wall jump out of her down-b, so there's less a chance of the FD lip killing her than some characters.

ZSS fight with Falco is exaggerated. Her fight with him is better than 70:30, it just takes more adapting on ZSS's part than Falco's.
The Falco boards actually say it's 40:60 Falco, the ZSS boards say it's 30:70 Falco. We think they have it better than they think they do. :laugh:

brinboy789

Smash Champion
No, it's actually pretty true. She has 3 jumps and one of them has 12 immunity frames. Her tether recovery reaches the blast zone vertically and can be used multiple times. And she can wall jump out of her down-b, so there's less a chance of the FD lip killing her than some characters.

The Falco boards actually say it's 40:60 Falco, the ZSS boards say it's 30:70 Falco. We think they have it better than they think they do. :laugh:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209374

its decent, but in no way one of the best. especially becaues its a tether recovery.

risemix

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfXJMFBUaJw&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWKygoyhLwc&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFC9I884ft4&fmt=18

Just to drive the point home. :) Claw wasn't really playing well in the first match of the set. He forces DSF to go Snake and ***** him again.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209374

its decent, but in no way one of the best. especially becaues its a tether recovery.
1. That list is terrible
2. As I posted in that thread, ZSS beats the pants off several of those guys. And tether recovery isn't always inherently bad. My ZSS always makes it back unless I do something stupid, and I'm not even very good. Great players like Claw and Snakeee don't get gimped or hogged unless they're being dumb, either. Ask them.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfXJMFBUaJw&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWKygoyhLwc&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFC9I884ft4&fmt=18

Just to drive the point home. :) Claw wasn't really playing well in the first match of the set. He forces DSF to go Snake and ***** him again.

1. That list is terrible
2. As I posted in that thread, ZSS beats the pants off several of those guys. And tether recovery isn't always inherently bad. My ZSS always makes it back unless I do something stupid, and I'm not even very good. Great players like Claw and Snakeee don't get gimped or hogged unless they're being dumb, either. Ask them.
claw and snakeee are amazing.

the point is, i agree that ZSS is good, but shes not the best, or viable for top 5. sorry :(

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
I think we should list our opinoins on which characters have the pontential to move up or down and why.

I need to find those reasons to post mine first.:)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I personally think that pikachu will jump in the next ranking. The reason is, the pika boards have just discovered a bunch of new chaingrabs, even one on metaknight!:)
Then get to testing those grabs and produce some good accurate videos. It's been 2 days since that thread was created. They need to put out some videos demonstrating that; 1. It works 2. Its inescapable untill a certain %

risemix

Smash Apprentice
Lucas DOES have an AMAZING recovery. Not only are his standard jumps good, but he also covers some good range with PK2, AND he has Zap Jump, as well.
Yeah, I agree. Zap Jump and Magnet Pull are really beastly for recovery.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Then get to testing those grabs and produce some good accurate videos. It's been 2 days since that thread was created. They need to put out some videos demonstrating that; 1. It works 2. Its inescapable untill a certain %
Hey, I'll leave that to the experts. However, the MK boards even put up a new topic about how Stealth CG'd a MK, so it works. Once they've confirmed it all, then they'll get to work on the video.

Super Angry Luigi

Smash Apprentice
WARNING: This post was made by a total brainless ******.

Ok I KNOW everyone is going to think I'm a total complete ****** after this, but I don't care. Say what you want.

Anyway in my opinion, Luigi is absolutely horrible in Brawl. To me all he really has is his F-smash (which is slow), and his recovery (which is incredibly easy to gimp). His defense is absolutely TERRIBLE (probably the worst in the game), and he has such a pathetically short range, most of his moves are slow, and have A TON of ending lag, leaving him WIDE open to get slaughtered. I've seen people say that Luigi has an INSANE number of kill moves, but the only really reliable kill move he has is his F-Smash. I don't think Luigi really has an advantage over anybody in this game, he's such a useless pile of crap.

TBH, I think Luigi should be down towards the bottom with Captain Falcon.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Ok I KNOW everyone is going to think I'm a total complete ****** after this, but I don't care. Say what you want.

Anyway in my opinion, Luigi is absolutely horrible in Brawl. To me all he really has is his F-smash (which is slow), and his recovery (which is incredibly easy to gimp). His defense is absolutely TERRIBLE (probably the worst in the game), and he has such a pathetically short range, most of his moves are slow, and have A TON of ending lag, leaving him WIDE open to get slaughtered. I've seen people say that Luigi has an INSANE number of kill moves, but the only really reliable kill move he has is his F-Smash. I don't think Luigi really has an advantage over anybody in this game, he's such a useless pile of crap.

I'd say Luigi's Jab to Up-B is a useful kill move as well. Luigi also has some really good aerials; they're pretty quick. Plus, his Nair gets him out of a lot. His recovery, while gimpable, can cover a LOT of distance when used well. But what it comes down to a lot of the time in Brawl is match-ups. While I don't know Luigi's off the top of my head, they must be solid enough to put him where he is, or at least close.

Also, he has the most awesome crawl in Brawl. His taunts are classy too.

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
zelda should move up,,shes underrated big time
so is jigglypuff
and yoshi!!
bowser should goo down
the middle and low tiers r all wrong xcept 4 cf , link and ganondorf aha
upper tiers look good idk about falco though =/

Browny

Smash Hater
even without his CG he still has a guaranteed 16% + pummel damage (3%) from a bthrow and he will still be getting grabs often. i dont think hed fall that far. still top 8 at least i think

LuigiKing

Smash Lord

Sorry but I do think you are pretty stupid after this post. Luigi doesn't really have any bad matchups besides those dreadful few (GW/D3/MK/Marth)... He is a fantastic character that has only been improving lately. You said that he has tons of ending lag and his moves are slow... that pretty much makes your statement irrelevant.

Though I am biased.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I guess Super Angry Luigi hasn't been winning his Brawl's with Luigi, why does this sound funny. XD ♥

Browny

Smash Hater
:dizzy:

SS MK tier
MK

S(nake) tier
Snake

A tier
Olimar
IC's
Falco
Diddy
DeDeDe
G&W
Wario

B tier
Marth
ROB
Lucario
DK
Pikachu
Kirby

C tier
ZSS
TL
Wolf
Peach
Pit
Luigi

D tier
Bowser
Zelda
Sheik
Fox
PT
Sonic

E tier
Ness
Yoshi
Mario
Ike
Lucas

F tier
Samus
Link
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
CF

:psycho:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Anyway in my opinion, Bowser is absolutely horrible in Brawl. To me all he really has is his F-smash (which is slow), and his recovery (which is incredibly easy to gimp). His defense is absolutely TERRIBLE (probably the worst in the game), and he has such a pathetically short range, most of his moves are slow, and have A TON of ending lag, leaving him WIDE open to get slaughtered. I've seen people say that Bowser has an INSANE number of kill moves, but the only really reliable kill move he has is his F-Smash. I don't think Bowser really has an advantage over anybody in this game, he's such a useless pile of crap. Also, Bowser is big.

TBH, I think Bowser should be down towards the bottom with Captain Falcon.
Fix'd for people on all but the Bowser-boards and their "knowledge" about Bowser.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Hey, I'll leave that to the experts. However, the MK boards even put up a new topic about how Stealth CG'd a MK, so it works. Once they've confirmed it all, then they'll get to work on the video.
Good luck on the efforts though. I pitched in alittle bit with my own video. But it'll take 2 people attempting it to help determine whether it will work. God speed on your findings and progress the meta game my brother.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Top 10 for sure, though. Mark my words.

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03 ics
King Dedede 12.94 ics, falco, pikachu
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50 marth, mk
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38 mk, gw
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94 rob, mk

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34 marth
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06 d3
Ice Climbers 9.59 gw, mk, snake....

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ZSS is indeed amongst the top 10 chars without any solid counters (35:65/30:70)... only if you consider Falco a 60:40~

Nicole

Smash Champion
I see Olimar as third because.... who the **** wants to brawl an Olimar? I'll happily fight Snake or MK instead.
Anyone who plays Peach, Luigi, Falco, or Kirby probably doesn't mind.

I'd MUCH rather fight an Olimar than MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom