• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How's Rob gonna go up past better characters?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

The only thing right now, is I'm very tempted to go MK a lot now since me and my brother have been practicing, and I just feel soooo much more in control with MK over ZSS. I don't know, it's one of those things where I'm not sure if it really matters on who I use, and I might just chose the optimal tools to win. Why choose a Rook when you can choose a Queen?
If i had recieved $10 for everytime I saw one of these types of posts, I would be able to screw the rules and buy out Kaiba Corp.

I don't see ROB going up. IIRC, a few characters do have footstool infinites, like Falcon, Zamus, MK, and someone else I can't remember.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Those footstool infinites are lol and will never happen in tournament play. They are not a problem to Rob. It's most likely Dedede and MK who hardcounter him that keep him down.
He has one of the most even matchups in the game. Also he can help his downwards blindspot with WBGC making it a bit harder to juggle him.
People really do think Rob is still like spotdodge to dsmash **** he was back in 08.

ZSS is .....well she's definitely viable probably at the bottom of high tier. Honestly, I'm EXTREMELY confident right now, and my ability is way way beyond anywhere it was before. I expect to place top 3 at a national very soon :p.

Lol, gloating aside, yeah ZSS should be a little higher I guess. I don't even know where she is, I don't keep on top of the tier list much, I think It's kinda bull tbh and no one should look at it as anywhere near an accurate account of the characters' potential. I also don't give any sort of credit to the Backroom. It is full of bias, egotism (maybe I'm egotistical, but this kind of egotism is really negative and makes no sense), and a lot of random *** people are members in there.

The only thing right now, is I'm very tempted to go MK a lot now since me and my brother have been practicing, and I just feel soooo much more in control with MK over ZSS. I don't know, it's one of those things where I'm not sure if it really matters on who I use, and I might just chose the optimal tools to win. Why choose a Rook when you can choose a Queen?
Every since the whole Nick Riddle thing, or even before that, I have been seeing a more... self-assured Snakeee as of late lol I say do not go MK. If you are playing to win so much that you have to drop your character and pick up MK, then stop playing the game. Go do something you actually would enjoy doing.

WIth that nonsense out of the way, will the tier lists in future be adopting this similar 2 month public discussion method before each tier list?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Actually, I was kind of irritable today. I don't want to put Yoshi on an almighty pedestal, even if my posts may imply that. I simply think that the bottom of mid-tier is where he belongs...

I need some sleep. Today has been a rough day... =_=

:069:

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
last mid tier is the worst position on the tier list a character could have lol
This.
Is.
So.
True.

It really baffles me why people want their characters out of low tier. If you're a mid tier character in a low tier tournament, then by golly, you should be TAKING ADVANTAGE of this stroke of luck, not complaining so that you lose your opportunity for easy money opportunities!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This.
Is.
So.
True.

It really baffles me why people want their characters out of low tier. If you're a mid tier character in a low tier tournament, then by golly, you should be TAKING ADVANTAGE of this stroke of luck, not complaining so that you lose your opportunity for easy money opportunities!
lol yeah.

Ike and Ness are so beastly in low tier tournements. They should have thier own tier.

So, why does everyone think Bowser will move down? I personally never saw the reason he was so high in the first place, but yeah. Whatever.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Bowser has his awesome downB stallthenfall that he is risky to juggle. Bowser +4 in the next tier list.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Rob doesn't get infinited, because getting a footstool is ****ing impossible.
Those footstool infinites are lol and will never happen in tournament play. They are not a problem to Rob.
ZSS' infinite begins with a dsmash... which seems pretty reasonable to me to land in a match. That said she's such an obscure character that finding a good one that has put time into learning the infinite... yeah, it's pretty much a moot point lol.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
This.
Is.
So.
True.

Bowser was still allowed in low-tier tournaments, though.

:069:

Yikarur

Smash Master
because Bowser and Ness were originally voted for "Upper" Low Tier and because they didn't want to make a new tier they put them into Mid Tier. Thats why they are often allowed.

How common are low tier tournaments? I do not here the results of them very often (probably since I hang around the upper tier boards). It seems a great idea to use them to really define the low tier. There probalby is much discussion on it, I just have not heard it.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Every since the whole Nick Riddle thing, or even before that, I have been seeing a more... self-assured Snakeee as of late lol I say do not go MK. If you are playing to win so much that you have to drop your character and pick up MK, then stop playing the game. Go do something you actually would enjoy doing.

WIth that nonsense out of the way, will the tier lists in future be adopting this similar 2 month public discussion method before each tier list?
Well, in my case, I've had a lot of issues getting in the way of my life. I won't go too deep into it and make this all "emo" lol, but basically I had a lot of strife and confusion in my life. The strongest are those who have gone through much strife, yet have had the strength and courage to persevere.

I'm really glad people are noticing differences about me as of late. One thing I always lacked was self-esteem. This is actually a major problem for a LOT of up and coming players. For something like that, it's much harder to be taught than self-taught. I'd advocate spending some of your free tiime pondering things like this.

Also, I had a lot of help recently from Physicians. I was diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed with adderall

Now I already know how the smash community looks at the use of drugs to increase a player's abilities

However, if the person can be proven to require their medication

Woah I'm going to have to edit thi at one point. I just took 2 ambiens @_@

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Snakeee you on some BS right now

I'll wait for you to come back

@Snakeee: ADHD/ADD medication... iffy subject even by today's standards. I had it diagnosed 13 years ago, went on a few medications and only found a couple that really worked. Adderall was one of the few that did not work. Increased aggresion in when I was under 10. It's funny to think of an agreesive 7 year old xD

@German located yoshi avatar: Do you happen know of any results page that documents all of these low tier eurpoean tournaments?

Purple

Hi guys!
It's perfectly fine to talk about it, however in a different thread; this is for the brawl back room after all.

What was the last discussion we were having?

Johnny Citrus

Smash Apprentice
he always will be low tier, i cant even think of any high/top tier that doesnt **** lucas

olimar,mk, snake,ddd, marth, falco, the list goes on

Arikags

Smash Cadet
I play as Marth, yet I think he is higher than he should be. :p I'd say Wario/Dedede goes up and he goes down.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Marth is NOT worse than Dedede. MAYBE Wario in this Metagame, since MK is abundant, but no WAY is he worse than Dedede.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lucas has gotten some rep lately.
it's just you can't tell because the rankings thread is so outdated

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I'm not sure how Warios feel about the MK matchup nowdays, I never really though Wario's matchup was much better than Marth against MK though.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
You'd think this would have been the easiest to get on but it was the hardest.

Hi everyone. Marth is really good. He's one of those characters that if a truly good player picks up, he'll be about as good as his MK could have been.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Z'zgashi, read his post again. The only way to find information about european low tier tournaments is to check the results threads (which can be in either the results forum or in the european forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom