• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Ganon's SideB is awful. It has like no priority and it can easily be spotdodged on reaction.
Stop exaggerating. It's not amazingly easy to land, but anyone saying that the move is downright awful seriously needs to stop what they're doing and actually play the **** game. :\

lol ganon sucks.

Honestly, even with all of that, that's ALL i got from that. You can say they're superb, but you would be lying. They are superb when it comes to Power, nothing else (for most of them).
Unfortunately, you're wrong.

Uair, Dash Attack, Ftilt, Dtilt, Bair, Usmash, SideB(including followups) and DownB (Aerial) all have pretty fast start-up for their power output.
Uair, Dash Attack, Ftilt, Dtilt, Fsmash, Usmash, and DownB (Aerial) all have pretty good range and coverage for physical attacks.

Bair, Uair, and Dair all autocancel. Fair was also meant to autocancel, but due to a coding error, it doesn't. :|

Purple

Hi guys!
Fast start-up, in comparison to who? Saying it's fast in comparison to it's power means nothing, what matter is if these moves will be able to come out in time of another move.

His attacks have pretty good range, but once again in comparison to who?

If they are all great in comparison to top tiers, then he would be used much more often wouldn't he?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Fast start-up, in comparison to who? Saying it's fast in comparison to it's power means nothing, what matter is if these moves will be able to come out in time of another move.
10 frames for a move that kills as well as Ganondorf's Ftilt is pretty insane.
Dash Attack is insanely powerful for its speed.
Ganondorf's Fsmash is also immensely powerful for its speed and range.

Actually, fast is fast. The moves I listed are considered fast for such strong kill moves no matter what scale you use (as long as MK isn't on it). .V.

His attacks have pretty good range, but once again in comparison to who?
A good chunk of low/mid tier, and some in high.

If they are all great in comparison to top tiers, then he would be used much more often wouldn't he?
Not exactly. The problem with Ganondorf is that all his moves are kill moves, and as such, their uses constantly overlap. He also has terrible mobility, and has virtually no options to keep someone from shielding as soon as he's in range, which effectively shuts down his entire moveset and makes him somewhat incapable of hitting anything reliably. This turns him into a defensive character with below average oos and no way to reliably force an approach. His recovery sucks too, and as insult to injury, Ganondorf is also riddled with coding errors that turn what should've been great moves into terrible ones. :V

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
10 frames for a move that kills as well as Ganondorf's Ftilt is pretty insane.
Dash Attack is insanely powerful for its speed.
Ganondorf's Fsmash is also immensely powerful for its speed and range.

Actually, fast is fast. The moves I listed are considered fast for such strong kill moves no matter what scale you use (as long as MK isn't on it). .V.

A good chunk of low/mid tier, and some in high.

Not exactly. The problem with Ganondorf is that all his moves are kill moves, and as such, their uses constantly overlap. He also has terrible mobility, and has virtually no options to keep someone from shielding as soon as he's in range, which effectively shuts down his entire moveset and makes him somewhat incapable of hitting anything reliably. This turns him into a defensive character with below average oos and no way to reliably force an approach. His recovery sucks too, and as insult to injury, Ganondorf is also riddled with coding errors that turn what should've been great moves into terrible ones. :V
Like that fair that was supposed to have reduced landing lag.

Now it's like impossible to stop the lag even after using it from a double jump (except on a platform).

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
SDing just cancels everythig.

Jigglypuff with Ganon's dair would be so nice, + low percent combos.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
MK with a move like ganon's dair so he'd be "somewhat" like his in-game counterpart (his down aerial is like link's down air) would stop mk's dair being ridiculous for gimping and zoning :(

Kaffei

Smash Hero
MK with a move like ganon's dair so he'd be "somewhat" like his in-game counterpart (his down aerial is like link's down air) would stop mk's dair being ridiculous for gimping and zoning :(
Huh? If MK had Ganon's dair, wouldn't he be able to gimp even more easily lol

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
who said anything about it taking on its complete properties?

I was thinking its MK's frame data with ganon's dair's damage and spike property

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol he could combo into itself if he still had his frame data of hit normal dair and hitstun of ganon's.

(Aerial is down, press it while I'm jumpin up)

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Ganon has a really, REALLY low damage output since he can't land any of his moves. :p
Real men land moves with Ganon. ;p

Stop exaggerating. It's not amazingly easy to land, but anyone saying that the move is downright awful seriously needs to stop what they're doing and actually play the **** game. :\

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

Uair, Dash Attack, Ftilt, Dtilt, Bair, Usmash, SideB(including followups) and DownB (Aerial) all have pretty fast start-up for their power output.
Uair, Dash Attack, Ftilt, Dtilt, Fsmash, Usmash, and DownB (Aerial) all have pretty good range and coverage for physical attacks.

Bair, Uair, and Dair all autocancel. Fair was also meant to autocancel, but due to a coding error, it doesn't. :|
Unfortunately, Ganon's Side-B is a pretty bad move. It's too easy to avoid on reaction for it to be useful, although landing it is pretty sweet. You can essentially only use Side-B when you're either punishing a landing or predicting that your opponent will sit in his shield and not realizing that you're going to grab them until it's too late (completely unreliable, I know, but considering that shielding beats everything that Ganon does, playing mindgames with them isn't wholly unviable).

Even with the coding error fixed, Ganon's Fair would only have autocanceled on a full hop, like his Nair does.

Are there any videos that show Charizard being used at his fullest? Going back a few pages, I really don't see what Charizard can do that Squirtle and Ivysaur can't do better. I bet Charizard's tilts serve good purposes but Charizard doesn't look like a character that can maneuver and space his moves at will.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, Ganon's Side-B is a pretty bad move. It's too easy to avoid on reaction for it to be useful, although landing it is pretty sweet. You can essentially only use Side-B when you're either punishing a landing or predicting that your opponent will sit in his shield and not realizing that you're going to grab them until it's too late (completely unreliable, I know, but considering that shielding beats everything that Ganon does, playing mindgames with them isn't wholly unviable).
I really meant more that the reward is much greater than anything with that short of a startup. The superb tech chase game it provides (especially on some characters), as well as the fact how it automatically leads into kill moves if performed while grounded more than makes up for the below-average start-up time imo.

Yeah, it's not great, but I wouldn't call it AWFUL...

And whoops, I meant to put it in the coverage list instead of start-up. My bad.

Even with the coding error fixed, Ganon's Fair would only have autocanceled on a full hop, like his Nair does.
I remember something about FoG being able to be performed out of Full Hop Fair, as well as instant aerial SideB.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Anyone ever see ganons frame data and see all the ending lag on his moves? Maybe ganon is just slow.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I really meant more that the reward is much greater than anything with that short of a startup. The superb tech chase game it provides (especially on some characters), as well as the fact how it automatically leads into kill moves if performed while grounded more than makes up for the below-average start-up time imo.

Yeah, it's not great, but I wouldn't call it AWFUL...
I know about the benefits of Ganon's Flame Choke when he lands it, but that's the point, the opponent knows what Ganon can do if he lands that Choke, so they're going to do whatever is in their power to avoid it, and with that start-up, avoiding it is not hard to do.

So I agree, it's not an awful move, but not a good move either. It's a move that requires precision and prediction to pull off, like half of his moveset.

I remember something about FoG being able to be performed out of Full Hop Fair, as well as instant aerial SideB.
You are right, I said that Fair would have been autocancellable from a full hop, I was pointing out that you wouldn't have been able to autocancel it from a shorthop like you can with Uair, Bair and Dair, even if the coding error was fixed.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
he's got thumbs, look at his model, he's an evolved version of the common timber wolf, and therefore much more epic and cool.
i'm betting he would play a mean bass as well, seems like the type

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Wolf's a neat little character, great smashes, **** recovery.

Pretty solid though, a little above average i'd say, I dunno, maybe move up over Luigi and Fox.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
fox only plays symbols, of course he's better than fox. i see luigi having a triangle or a kazoo so maybe he'd be even with wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom