• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple

Hi guys!
Reflex's Charizard is bad in comparison to his other characters. All it has is rock-smash and Reflex's extraordinary smarts.

No one really cares about his zard or ivy though, it's that god **** squirtle.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
ivy is actually my favorite to use against ike, so you're wrong again rise... but i'm sure reflex would know alot more about which pokemon to use in which matchup...
As long as it's not Squirtle, you have an even-evenish MU, so you might as well pick which one of the other two you want to use. Won't make a huge difference.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This might sound weird to you, but I'm convinced that Ivysaur's best trait is her ability to edgeguard.

It's actually really good.

In other news, I just spent an hour playing against my older brother's Diddy Kong. Ivysaur-Diddy isn't so bad. Not easy, by any means, but I could see myself doing it in tournament play.

Charizard's close to worthless in that matchup. :(

Good thing Squirtle's so good. <3

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Charizard is good in mid-level play or when the opponent doesn't know how to fight one, that's it.
I don't see how you can make general statements like this when Reflex's results prove otherwise. Stop making such board generalization please it makes you look really bad.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
This might sound weird to you, but I'm convinced that Ivysaur's best trait is her ability to edgeguard.

It's actually really good.

In other news, I just spent an hour playing against my older brother's Diddy Kong. Ivysaur-Diddy isn't so bad. Not easy, by any means, but I could see myself doing it in tournament play.

Charizard's close to worthless in that matchup. :(

Good thing Squirtle's so good. <3

Ivysaur is a girl?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ivysaur's voice actor is a girl.

Ivysaur's gender is unknown, but english uses the male pronoun in such cases. "Xe" would also be acceptable.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think NEO made a documentary of all of the information you need about Meta Knight.

humble

Smash Ace
Ivy is better then ganon because she at least has some matchups to her advantage.

Ivy is better then ganon because she has moves that are faster then reaction.

Ivy is better then ganon because she has viable means of hitting her opponents.

Ivy is better then ganon because she can space her moves.

Ivy is better then ganon because her gimp game is better.

Ivy is better then ganon because she has a projectile and a grab.

Ivy is better then ganon because ganon is trash.

Fyi, ivy would be F tier, below jiggs, but above zelda. Bottom of F tier. Zard would be upper F, or lower E tier. Squirtle would be middle of C tier.

Xyless

Smash Master
Guys, we already have the ultimate guide for PT.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=17985 said:
I'm no expert but I can safely say that if I had a chance to go to a tournament, I would place top 3 with Pokemon Trainer. For optimal use, I would suggest printing this guide out and reading it before every tourney you plan on using PT with.

The first thing you need to know is Pokemon Trainer is 3 characters that each can be used independently. This is probably a shock to the average Snake user who is focused on excelling with only one character. But anyways the 3 pokemon are Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.

Squirtle - this little turtle is an annoying bugger. His fast speed allows him to perform combos. Your 2 main moves that you should be using are B-air and F-Air. Killing with U-Smash is your best bet.
Ivysaur - this character is pretty useless. I suggest just switching him out when he comes into play. If you are a stubborn seahorse and insist on sticking with Ivysaur, I would suggsest spamming B to rack up damage.
Charizard - This guy is a power house. If you don't get at least 1 stock out with Charizard, you shouldn't be playing PT. Some tips for him are to gimp with the D-air and use the boulder many many times.

This guide can hopefully propel you to elite status with Pokemon trainer. It helped my two friends out a great deal. I don't write much guides, so enjoy this rare opportunity. Don't thank me now. Thank me when you start placing much higher in tournaments.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Look at Reflex's sig and tell me dat Ivysaur ain't top tier.

But seriously, IMO Ivy can kill reasonably well. Fsmash, fair gimp, upsmash (lol). He's a decent character. Definately above Ganondorf.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wouldn't have said anything, because I know someone could've said it better.
And if they didn't, then it wasn't meant to be.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
And Ivysaur's is even lower because xe gets gimped before it can even attempt any of its moves. :V
Heh...I can appreciate the joke.

Still, you just have to be smart, and you can have an excellent gimping game as Ivysaur. You can turn the tables on the opponent without too much difficulty. I think Ivysaur should be played near the edges of a stage against many characters, as her gimping/edgeguarding potential helps to lessen the pain of her low damage output.

At least she has a decent amount of moves with great knockback.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
At least she has a decent amount of moves with great knockback.
I pray you're still not comparing it to Ganondorf. :x

Speaking of Ganondorf, a funny thing about his moveset. If you look at any one of his moves aside from pretty much utilt, jab, or dsmash (which was almost amazing), you'll notice that nearly every move is one of the best of its command slot. His Uair, Ftilt, Dtilt, Usmash, Fsmash, dair, fair, bair, DownB, SideB, Fthrow, and dash attack, are all superb moves on their own, but the only real problem with them is that they all do pretty much the same exact thing, which is killing on a punish. :V

Purple

Hi guys!
I pray you're still not comparing it to Ganondorf. :x

Speaking of Ganondorf, a funny thing about his moveset. If you look at any one of his moves aside from pretty much utilt, jab, or dsmash (which was almost amazing), you'll notice that nearly every move is one of the best of its command slot. His Uair, Ftilt, Dtilt, Usmash, Fsmash, dair, fair, bair, DownB, SideB, Fthrow, and dash attack, are all superb moves on their own, but the only real problem with them is that they all do pretty much the same exact thing, which is killing on a punish. :V
lol ganon sucks.

Honestly, even with all of that, that's ALL i got from that. You can say they're superb, but you would be lying. They are superb when it comes to Power, nothing else (for most of them).

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Ganondorf has a boatload of both damage output (per hit) plus a ton of killing power. Unlike other 'strong' characters though, he doesn't really have anything else. Just power isn't going to get you anything, sadly.

That said, some of his moves are actually very solid (see: Dash Attack, Side B, Dtilt, Uair, Fthrow (not the grab, the throw)) the only problem is that they are all stuck on Ganondorf. If you gave Ganondorf's Dash Attack to say, Peach, she would shoot up a tier or so. Well, maybe. Possibly.

Purple

Hi guys!
Well, it would've made matches easier to kill.

Honestly I like how peach's dash attack hit's twice, I don't think it's so bad :)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ganondorf has a boatload of both damage output (per hit) plus a ton of killing power. Unlike other 'strong' characters though, he doesn't really have anything else. Just power isn't going to get you anything, sadly.

That said, some of his moves are actually very solid (see: Dash Attack, Side B, Dtilt, Uair, Fthrow (not the grab, the throw)) the only problem is that they are all stuck on Ganondorf. If you gave Ganondorf's Dash Attack to say, Peach, she would shoot up a tier or so. Well, maybe. Possibly.
Ganon's SideB is awful. It has like no priority and it can easily be spotdodged on reaction.

Just sayin...

Like if Ganon had a GOOD poke or a useable shieldgrab, he would instantly be like high tier lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom