• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@Roxy
what else you need? If you can't get pasted Ike's jab evenly then Ike's adv pretty easily. It's Ike... "all he does is jab"

in seriousness Ike also has nair and the ocassional fair and the killing bair. falcon's recovery can also be spiked by walk of dair at times too.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I think ness should leave low tier. They can put pokemon trainer back in low or something, but yoshi must be top (or second to top) of low tier :p

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
if PT is put back in low, he'll be on top.

Really all of E tier should be included in "low" tiers cause its a even scene throughout the E tier and F tier (some slight disadvantage maybe)

Purple

Hi guys!
He is saying (and has said) that Ike's jab just ***** Falcon.
All of his great manoeuvrability options just get cut by jab. gg.
just like all of jigg's options used to get cut by nair and laser from fox?

ayooooo

Things change, and smarter players can find options for characters. Just saying, he made it seem like there was something he could do against Ike, and I was curious to hear it.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
No i mean, he just said he has to play his ike differently. Is he saying that falcon has away around that? Is Ike that clear cut above falcon or is he not? He didn't entirely specify besides saying san is smart and that ike can jab the hell out of falcon. But nothing else ratio wise

I guess i was just looking for more on the subject than that :/
You just like to be difficuilt.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm generally not one to talk about the future when talking about the metagame.

Living in the clouds is fine and good if you can learn to rain dance.
But until then I'm sapping my natural springs and powering my house with SCIENCE.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Bout the Luigi vs Yoshi matchup, I think Yoshi is virtually the only character able to get down throw to up B on him, or maybe it's just me. Because i've tried this on everyone character against other players and it doesn't work, but with Yoshi, you have bout a second to do the up b dafter throwing him down.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Please stop attempting to define the viability districts of characters in the lower tiers on how well they do against characters around/below them :(
meh, Its not like i'm reordering the order of characters. I'm just moving the word Low above E Tier.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Bout the Luigi vs Yoshi matchup, I think Yoshi is virtually the only character able to get down throw to up B on him, or maybe it's just me. Because i've tried this on everyone character against other players and it doesn't work, but with Yoshi, you have bout a second to do the up b dafter throwing him down.
A second?

The highest hitstun in this game is 30 frames.
Hitstun is based on knockback, so once it would normally reach 31, it goes into momentum cancelling territory.

Which is 13 frames before you can start to air dodge, or 25 before an attack.

In other words at BEST, you'd only have 33 frames (30 + 3 frames before air dodge) to do it. And that's not including the cool down on your down throw.

Unfortunately, not like dthrow to up b being "guaranteed" on yoshi matters, unfortunately.

bigman40

Smash Master
Considering that Luigi can't reliably land jab > upb, that doesn't matter that much. Plus, are you even accounting whether we DI your d-throw?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lucas there are like less then 10 who use Lucas in tournaments anymore. So little representation :laugh:

Ness is definetely better than low tiers.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Then Lucas must be complete and utter garbage. It would explain the lack of placements in tournaments...
Go back to the Ike boards where you actually know something.
You're the worst troll ever.
"LOL LUCAS MUS B GARBEGE."
Oh, and you mad cuz Lucas above Ike on tier list.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm generally not one to talk about the future when talking about the metagame.

Living in the clouds is fine and good if you can learn to rain dance.
But until then I'm sapping my natural springs and powering my house with SCIENCE!
Fixed because that's the only way to do it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Go back to the Ike boards where you actually know something.
You're the worst troll ever.
"LOL LUCAS MUS B GARBEGE."
Oh, and you mad cuz Lucas above Ike on tier list.
Yes, I am rather disappointed because Ike is below a trash character like Lucas due to a few EC guys throwing a hissy fit and wanting to place Ike as low as possible. You're just mad because Lucas is below Ness like he should be. See, I can say random things like that too.

Come back when I know something about other characters? At least I know my own character. You claimed Lucas does well against MK. You couldn't get a single person to agree with you. Not one. Not even somebody else who uses Lucas. When I talk about Ike, I use mainly stuff agreed on by the lot of use who use Ike, instead of random BS from nowhere. The outside exception being PT, which in case you haven't noticed I've basically dropped.

Go back to the Lucas board, relearn your character, and then come back once you've caught up at least that much troll.

Oh, that's another thing: I can also randomly toss in the word troll too. However, I won't type something in all caps. Even I have standards higher than that, and I came here from freaking GameFAQs.

Chuee

Smash Hero
lol except that the entire Lucas boards except maybe 1 or 2 people would agree with me.
Oh, you're using that LMAO.
Only 2 ACTULLY DECENT Lucas mains said anything in there. Oh, and one PMed after he posted in there saying he thought it was 6-4. The other disagree's with every other Lucas main on just about every MU.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
PMs don't mean squat to everyone else discussing it.

And the entire Lucas board except 2 people? So you mean half of the regular population? I don't exactly remember a huge wave of support for your silly idea of Lucas doing well against MK. In fact, I remember quite a wave of laughter. If you did have support, it was amazingly quiet. Near silent I suspect.

If half of your board regulars doesn't agree with your MUs, it's kinda hard to say what the MUs are, isn't it?

Chuee

Smash Hero
LOL theres more than 4 Lucas mains on the Lucas board.
Shows how informed you are.
I think you're forgetting that this was on tactical boards. Their opinions on that MU must mean so much especially since the majority of them DON'T EVEN PLAY EITHER CHARACTER.

Kole

Smash Lord
Hey guys, just curious, where do you all think Squirtle would be on the list if it was just him alone? Same with Charizard and Ivy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom