• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cero

Smash Lord
Will we ever consider putting moonwalking in Brawl +?

I know dash dancing's already good enough for spacing. I'd just like to have more control (as in mobility) over the characters. Some added tech skill wouldn't hurt IMO. And, more options are never a bad thing.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
"You either play Brawl, or play Melee. Brawl+ is for people who can't adapt." -random n00b

Brawl was too hard to get used to, so we're cowardly balancing out the game.
Obviously, having a game that Either MARTH (Melee) or MK (Brawl) totally owns the competitive scene is okay.
But a balanced game... NO! NEVER! :laugh:

Well anyways, seems like nobody's on IIRC to send me the 4.0 Codeset. Anyone has it here?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Moonwalking.

^^Well, you can already get bairs with momentum by raring after the initial dash...so I really don't know what it would add (mindgames?)

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I sent you the URL to the place where it shows the latest changes so you don't need to ask again. I didn't post here though, because I'm not sure how accessible they want the WIP codesets to be.

Cero

Smash Lord
Moonwalking.

^^Well, you can already get bairs with momentum by raring after the initial dash...so I really don't know what it would add (mindgames?)
This is true. There isn't much moonwalking would add except for mindgames.

Idk. I've just been daydreaming a lot lately I guess.

I just assumed that more control (more options) are always welcome.

Answer me this though.
When we get the upgraded GeckoOS, would there be any reason not to implement moonwalking?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think Moonwalking would be a great addition to the game. Imagine what Sonic could do if he could moonwalk? I feel it would be a cool addition but only if it doesn't consume massive amounts of lines. I was wondering though. Last time I asked about Pit and what could be done about him. I believe the idea of him getting his UpB back was decided. I think that is fair but I was wondering. Could you hack his Arrow? Is it possible to increase it's mobility to the point where it moves as freely as Ness/Lucas's UpB? Would that be to much?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I think Moonwalking would be a great addition to the game. Imagine what Sonic could do if he could moonwalk? I feel it would be a cool addition but only if it doesn't consume massive amounts of lines. I was wondering though. Last time I asked about Pit and what could be done about him. I believe the idea of him getting his UpB back was decided. I think that is fair but I was wondering. Could you hack his Arrow? Is it possible to increase it's mobility to the point where it moves as freely as Ness/Lucas's UpB? Would that be to much?
Can we do it? Probably. Will we do it? Probably not.

The upB thing is something we'll be looking into, though.

Opacitas

Smash Rookie
Where can I get the latest codeset? Sorry, im new here :S

BTW, Brawl+ is really great and I'm talking about it everywhere I go^^

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Played a few hours of Brawl+ today. Marth is pretty ****. EZ kos, amazing edge game, amazing off the stage game, gay *** gimps, ZTDs on like everybody with DI, etc. He's also extremely difficult to punish.

Has mini-chain grabs on some characters. f throw to f air is a guaranteed KO on most characters at certain percentages.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Played a few hours of Brawl+ today. Marth is pretty ****. EZ kos, amazing edge game, amazing off the stage game, gay *** gimps, ZTDs on like everybody with DI, etc. He's also extremely difficult to punish.

Has mini-chain grabs on some characters. f throw to f air is a guaranteed KO on most characters at certain percentages.
Too bad he can get gimped off stage pretty badly, ,succumbs to a good fair amount of combos, has a predictable recovery, and has little influence on how to recover when he's off stage.

Superb Offense, Good Defense, but sub par recovery.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I thought of a neat character change that I can only dream of coming true atm. What if we could make Link's boomerang stun or immobilize opponents on the way back in the tornado. It doesn't have to immobilize them for the entire duration, just for a set time period. Very hard to implement, but I think this is the way the gale boomerang should have been in the first place.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I think this is a reasonable buff, I don't know about the logistics of the code though.

Dont.Forget.To.Smile

Smash Rookie
So, with the no AD during tumble code, are we not allowed to tech to stand up as we hit the ground from this tumble state, or do we just need godly timing for it?

My instinct from playing SSB64 is to FF to the ground and tech if I'm hit up with no jumps left, but its crazy difficult now. Its easier if I'm actually hit directly into the ground from an attack, but when I'm in tumble coming down, I can't tech for the life of me.

Is wiggling for an AD really the only viable option now?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
lol might be sweet
lets also make Link's Gale boomerang have MK tornado properties.
(I guarantee that would fix him LOL)
(seriously I don't know how that would work or if it would even works and I doubt it would)
/sarcasm

Suggestions

All Link needs is an up-b ground buff Either by knockback or by semi-spike which could be achieved with the launch angle modifier when it comes out.
Possibly a very tiny increase in his double jump.....

and maybe something else when a future code comes out
for example: Speed up F and D-tilts
or(fix the d-tilt spike when launch angle modifier comes out)
Anything really......but the D-tilt is useless cause of short range and slowness in comparision to other moves and had a lot of potential put into it that is hard to utilize.
(I recommend focusing on D-tilt)

Reasons

Why up-B???

1. it increases his lacking defense as a better GTFO move.
2.Increases lacking ability to kill. It's a useless finisher ATM. (Link has no finishers)
----Example: Jab cancel>spin attack (It needs to be mixed up with Jab cancel>grab/utilt/other options or it can be stopped.)

Why DJ??

1. The extra gravity hurt 1 of Links options to get back on stage from the ledge through his double jump. (the timing is much more stick and mistake punishment is big) (but this reason isn't a big deal if you can relearn timing i suppose)
2. Slightly extends his horrible and lacking combo range
3. Recoveries are still bad.....Do I need to explain???? it would help a tad
4. unfortunaly FH and DJ are linked. but I don't think a slightly higher FH will be a nerf. (I'd need to test)
5. The only thing this may possibly hurt would be his ability to connect with both bair hits. If the change is small that should not be an issue. (if it is we can take it out or wait till launch angle modifier to adjust the hits so they connect)

Why something else???(we can decide what if anything later, I have no idea how good he turns out after these buffs)

1. Link has tools but there not very good he lacks options due to a poor moveset.
2. Jab locking was one of the core aspects of Links metagame. He had boomerang setups and platforms setups but that was taken away by taking jab locking away. (seriously his boomerang's knockdown set up SOOO many jab locks)
3. It would be nice if you compensated for that. (it was a bad nerf for him)

While his moveset is crap and sakuri should have given him a better moveset, I dont think we should change properties like that.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
A bunch of people thought it should be "slightly lower" a couple weeks ago, but what difference does it make? Leaf will explain:

For those of you wondering what shanus and kupo are talking about with "leaf's latest math," this is what I posted in the broom under the title of "Hitstun: We have a problem."

---

However much I love the placebo effect, sometimes it really fricking sucks.

I'm sure you've heard me say a million times that the hitstun equation is:

h = m*l / d

Where H is hitstun in frames, M is the multiplication constant (what we edit), L is the launch speed of the move, and D is a char spec division constant where chars with faster fall accelerations (at least in normal brawl) were given higher values to reduce their stun (this value can be a whole number 32, 33, 34, 35, or 36).

So what am I trying to say with this thread? Well, let's do a little math. The hitstun we were using for a while which we have only recently said is too easy to escape is .484. The hitstun we have decided to set it at now is .4865, and apparently it "feels a lot better." But by how much did the hitstun of moves actually increase? The hitstun with this new setting lasts approximately 1.005165x as many frames as it did with the lower setting. Doesn't sound like a lot, does it? Yeah... using a move that has 3000 launch speed (for a point of reference, marth's tipper fsmash on a 0% pit has a launch speed of 2965) against a character with a 34 (average) division constant produces 43 frames of stun with .484 hitstun. The same move at .4865 produces... 43 frames of hitstun. Kupo has it down at .48, which would also give 43 frames of stun. Notice a problem here? These small minute changes in hitstun aren't going to affect anything by more than a single frame, if that.

Now, there is another variable in the hitstun formula: the division constant. Let's try playing around with that, some. Using .485 as a multiplier, let's try a 3000 launch speed move against a character with a 32 division constant and against a character with a 36 division constant (the two extremes). The 32 character suffers 46 frames of hitstun. The 36 character suffers only 41 frames of hitstun. That's a 5 frame difference, which is considerably more than we were getting with changing the multiplier.

Can you see how we've been tricking ourselves with these values, now? We've all been under one huge placebo this entire time. We play for a while, think "oh, the hitstun is too high," try a lower value, and because we think we can escape more, we actually try to do so, and thus succeed more frequently. Or we think "hey this is too low" and turn it up slightly, and we start feeling like we can combo easier now. It doesn't help that the human mind tends to remember events that we consider to be "strange" or "out of the ordinary," and just sort of glosses over the stuff we perceive to be "common" or "insignificant." So certain things are going to stand out when we're doing these tests more than others, thus making us think we need to go higher or lower with the hitstun. It doesn't help that there can be (relatively) large variances in hitstun across different characters, which may or may not have received an appropriate amount of gravity for their division constant, thus amplifying the effect one way or the other. And this is all coming back to shape our opinions on if whatever insignificant change we made to the hitstun constant is "good."

If we want to make hitstun appropriate for all characters, we're going to need to do one of two things: 1) give all characters the same gravity modification, so that their fall speeds are still in proportion with their division constants, or 2) get a modifier for the char spec division constant allowing us to give each character their ideal division constant that correctly compensates for their gravity. We are also going to need to make more drastic changes to the multiplication constant if we want to see any significant effect.

Oh yeah, and just for the fun of it... remember when we were at "12%" hitstun (.52)? Well, a 3000 launch speed move on a 34 division constant character would deal 46 frames of hitstun; that's only 3 frames more than is dealt out with our current hitstun constant!

edit: And for those who think the formula is wrong...

I just verified that it is correct by using the frame advance debug code. I used a hitstun multiplier of 1.0 and set gravity equal to zero, so the attacked character would just float there while they were in hitstun, and you could clearly see the transition into the tumble. During the last frames of hitstun, the character is in the exact same position for that duration, and the first frame they begin to move again is when the tumble starts.

I tested luigi's upB against a 0% fox, which produces a launch speed of 4571. Fox's division constant has been shown to be 36. So using the formula, the hitstun should come out to be 127 frames. I counted 125 frames, which I'm willing to attribute to an error in counting.

If you want to test this yourself, feel free to try it using this codeset:
Code:
RSBE01
Smash Bros Brawl (US)

Debug Pause (GCC)
* 80000000 805B8A08
* 0402E5AC 8819000B
* 4A000000 804DE470
* 38000000 EFFF1000
* 86410000 00000001
* E2000001 00000000
* 4A000000 805B8A08
* 3A000002 00FF0000
* 12000002 00000001
* E2000001 00000000
* 4A000000 804DE470
* 38000000 FFEF0010
* 4A000000 805B8A08
* 3A000002 FF000000
* 12000002 00000100
* E2000002 00000000

Frame Advance
* 041E6CD8 4BE1C128
* 041E6D1C 4BE1C114
* 06002E00 00000068
* 9421FF80 BC410008
* 7CE4402E 7CE738F8
* 7CE73039 3864FFC0
* 7CE3412E 7CC4412E
* B8410008 38210080
* 60000000 481E3EB0
* 9421FF80 BC410008
* 7C03202E 3DC01000
* 7DCE70F8 7C007039
* 740E0408 3DE00408
* 7C0E7800 40820008
* 64001000 B8410008
* 38210080 481E3EBC

Hitstun mod (1.0)
* 02B88F48 00030001
* 04B87AA8 3F800000

Grav x0

Grav x0 P1
* 4A000000 90180F20
* 140000E0 00000000
* E0000000 80008000

Grav x0 P2
* 4A000000 90180F7C
* 140000E0 00000000
* E0000000 80008000

Grav x0 P3
* 4A000000 90180FD8
* 140000E0 3DCCCCCD
* E0000000 80008000

Grav x0 P4
* 4A000000 90181034
* 140000E0 3DCCCCCD
* E0000000 80008000

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Bowser is extremely powerful now. He's fast, strong, has a good range, and you can't combo the little bits of damage you get on him.

V-K

Smash Ace
lol I just tested the PAL code of Bowsers def buff and he takes no damage from everything.
So yes, I think that needs to be fixed.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
This happened in one of the US test sets a while back, Bowser took 0% from every attack. I guess it's still around in the PAL set.

AH-86

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this has been reported, but there is a bug on the game's code set (3.3). This happens after 50 minutes of been playing. After a match is finished the screen stays black and the controller starts to rumbling without pausing at all. This happened to me on the "rainbow cruise stage" after I finish playing the game. Right now I'm under "3.4U" with the latest HBC, and obviously the latest geckOS as well. Can anyone confirm this issue?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yes, this was confirmed many times. I don't know if we have the exact code at fault yet, but not pushing anything on your controller (buttons, joysticks) while the match ends can help avoid this.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
So I was playing as Ike today because I just finished Shadow Dragon for the DS. (Shut up I know Marth is the Lord in that game). Ike's a beast and quite fun to play, but he's lacking something. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Speeding him up might make him too good though. And then it hit me. What does Ike fight for?

I propose that we change Ike's down taunt (the one where he plants his sword and then grunts) to use the 'I fight for my friends' audio clip. Then Ike will truly be complete.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
So I was playing as Ike today because I just finished Shadow Dragon for the DS. (Shut up I know Marth is the Lord in that game). Ike's a beast and quite fun to play, but he's lacking something. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Speeding him up might make him too good though. And then it hit me. What does Ike fight for?

I propose that we change Ike's down taunt (then one where he plants his sword and the grunts) to use the 'I fight for my friends' audio clip. Then Ike will truly be complete.
As Captain Falcon would say...

YES!

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman

I propose that we change Ike's down taunt (the one where he plants his sword and then grunts) to use the 'I fight for my friends' audio clip. Then Ike will truly be complete.
The same should be done with Snake's audio clips. Then the circle will be complete.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
That would be epic. We currently have the technology, but we lack the space. Gecko upgrade can't come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom