• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almas

Smash Lord
Shanus on the Brawl+ IRC frequently distributes pre-release codesets. They're by no means "official", but they're a very good indicator of what will be in the newer sets.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
So I played some matches as Snake, Ganon, and Wario tonight (forgot to save any of em *sigh) and had some thoughts I'd put out here to you guys. I am using the Beta 4

Snake: Is a really strong character. He's beatable, but he keeps you on your toes. He is still too heavy though. Is he the heaviest character in the game? How many lines would it take to add him to MK's Flimsy Armor code, if that is even possible? Basically, Snake needs to be lighter, problem is though Snake's big weakness is he is easy to combo and making him lighter might remove that...hey Leaf! Is it possible to edit the character's hitstun constants?

Wario: Let's speed up his D-tilt a little to give him more options on the approach, or at least a good ground one. The Stinky Finger poke has good range (for Wario), pokes low, and sets up to combos pretty well. Add that with dash dancing and canceling and we can give Wario a usable ground approach. Something he severely lacks.

Ganondorf:
His new jab is awful and needs to go back to the way it was before in beta 3.3. Other than that, besides being able to tech his Over-B Ganon seems pretty solid.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
What? Did they make his jab slower? Why? It wasn't cheap, it was a jab! Fox's AAA does 20% if you don't DI right away. Snake's kills you at high percent!

shanus

Smash Hero
Ganon, I fixed his jab. Yeroc was trying to make the hitbox faster and then add more lag so the IASA frames didn't make it super spammy. It didn't work right though and just made the whole move slow. I reverted it but made it slightly slower since the hitbox is sped up in frame speed modifier now. It should feel better again :p

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Sounds good. I got some schoolwork to catch up on today and I start a new class here today, but hopefully I'll be able to stop by the IRC sometime today and catch up with the new codeset.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I did some experimenting with the jab, basically attempting to capture the melee lightning jab's opening speed and interval.

I tried to speed up the initial hit, slow it down after it begins retracting and then leave it at normal speed after the IASA frames using a third semi-precious line.

Long story short, it doesn't work.

Brawl Jab Frame data:

...........8-9 (hitbox)........................................................28 (IASA)............................36 (End)

Melee Jab Frame data:

3-5 (hitbox)............19 (IASA)........21 (End)

The IASA frames right in the middle of the brawl animation just muck everything up. So unless we have enough lines and a code to disable IASA, I think the overall speed up of roughly 1.5x is as good as it'll get.

Brawl jab at 1.5x:

....5-6 (hitbox)........19 (IASA)................24 (End)

Other than the slower initial hitbox, this is actually the same IASA interval as melee. Now we just need to figure out how to buff the sound.

:p

kupo15

Smash Hero
That should be easy.

Speed up from frame 0 2.67x
Slow down from frame 3 (or 8?) 0.33x
Speed up from frame 6 (or 10?) 1.73x

Hope my math is right ;)

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if it works like that though. It might rewrite over the previous code during the move change. When I tried it out with ganons jab, it seemed to just set the entire default speed when i made it 1x at the end. I'm not sure as I've only tried it once to modify the same move at two locations.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
That would make

3 (hit) .... 17 (IASA) .... 22 (End)

And would look like:

It could work. I'd extend the second slowdown to frame 4, making the IASA on frame 20 and speed up the last one slightly to compensate. This is all with Gecko 1.8 in mind, of course.

Edit: Shanus that would explain why all of my testing after careful calculation seemed to fail. Lulz

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I had a couple freezes with 3.3, don't remember the exact context, though.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I had a freeze within 15 seconds of upgrading to 3.3. I have yet to have any problems with 4.0 (or is it 3.4?) though.

DestroyerIX

Smash Rookie
for me the stages always freeze while loading (using Wii PAL, Brawl Pal, European 3.3 Beta Codeset )

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Whatever the cause, I haven't had any problems since I upgraded, so its probably the dash cancel one. Is anyone looking into any of these codes for whenever we get more lines to play with?

*Trainer Can Swap when invincible
*All tether recovers can be used multiple times
*Maybe making it easier to go from Samus to ZSS
*Make spikes harder to recover from

DestroyerIX

Smash Rookie
hmm removed dash cancel and the stage freezer code still crashes

@ Almas
yeah all maps unlocked

Almas

Smash Lord
Hmm, a few people have been reporting this, but it works perfectly fine for other users. It's kinda hard to identify what, exactly, the problem is.

Opacitas

Smash Rookie
I was testing brawl+ and my Wii frose during a game in spear pillar and in rumble falls, is it some known issues?

EDIT: US Wii and game

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Wow, is that normal that people on IIRC don't know a thing about Brawl+?

That's what I got just now, some ignorant hating Brawl+...

[20:25] <RyuReiatsu> You don't know what Brawl+ is?
[20:25] <bobcat_29> I...Like.....Squidward
[20:25] <polkm> nope
[20:26] <Gamepro17> I was throwing penny's because she called my baby sister a baby and she was starting 2 cry
[20:26] <RyuReiatsu> Ok wait a sec, I'm going to redirect you to a video and a thread
[20:26] <polkm> k
[20:26] <Rafa> wavedashing sucks
[20:26] <Gamepro17> how do you wavedash
[20:26] <Gamepro17> ?
[20:26] <Rafa> by gettiing brawl+
[20:26] <RyuReiatsu> There's no Wavedashing, don't worry.
[20:26] <polkm> can i please battl some one
[20:27] <polkm> i bored
[20:27] <Gamepro17> what's brawl+
[20:27] <RyuReiatsu> BrawlPlussery's codeset doesn't include Wavedashing.
[20:27] <RyuReiatsu> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213744
[20:27] <RyuReiatsu> Check it out

Edit: And they totally ignored me, ****.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
They might be from GameFaqs.
I guess, yeah...
Isn't there a way to change their little closed-minds? Anybody's got an approach?
People like them annoy me, I'm starting to stumbled across a lot of similar people on forums lately and they won't listen. They've got their little world, prefering brawl because they can play online and john as much as they want...

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
God I hate GameFaqs, they are so obnoxious. Probably because they are all united under one universal character trait. Where we all like Smash Bros, they all suck enough at videogames, that they need a web site with guides, cheats, and a help board all in one. Ignorance to the highest degree.

@ryu: just ignore them, unless they are your real life friends, they shouldn't mean squat to you. Its their loss, not yours

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
God I hate GameFaqs, they are so obnoxious. Probably because they are all united under one universal character trait. Where we all like Smash Bros, they all suck enough at videogames, that they need a web site with guides, cheats, and a help board all in one. Ignorance to the highest degree.

@ryu: just ignore them, unless they are your real life friends, they shouldn't mean squat to you. Its their loss, not yours
Haha, I know.
Thing is, I wanted to contribute a bit on putting the spotlight on Brawl+ =T.

I totally LOL'D @ the cheats and sucking at videogames part XD.

You should read the GameFAQ forums about B+. That'll give you a laugh.
*goes on Gamefaqs right away*

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Very true, it is quite amusing. For some strange reason, they also have a blind hatred for everything Smash Boards related. I actually have to give them props, because I actually stumbled upon Brawl+ due someone raging about how much of an abomination it was. They stupidly to the thread so people could read the "losers clinging onto Melee". Lets just say way back then when I followed the link I had around 2 posts here.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
"You either play Brawl, or play Melee. Brawl+ is for people who can't adapt." -random n00b

Brawl was too hard to get used to, so we're cowardly balancing out the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom