• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
At chudat's biweekly we had a small brawl+ tourney. Everybody there really liked the game. I don't think the was a person who didn't like it.

There wasn't really a character that stood out above the rest except for MK. He's absolutely broken. You guys need to fix him somewhat or just outright ban him. He needs to be a lot slower.

I played Ness, Lucas, and MK. The only problem I had is that due to the decrease in hitlag some moves went a little too fast (kirby's dair) and Ness' pkt had less stun, which nerfs pkt juggling a lot. Oh yea diddy, Ness, Lucas, Rob, and Pit need to be able to grab the edge easier with their up-b's, especially Diddy.

I also would like it if Ness' sh was lower. Make it the minimum it has to be to ac his dair. His pkt2 recovery isn't shortened as much now, probably due to the decrease in hitstun. It's extremely easy to spike with him too. You should also buff his b-throw since it kill like 30% later than it used to. His uair is also harder to kill with but since you can combo **** with it I don't really care. Bair is pretty good. I just wish b-throw would be buffed since that has always been a Ness staple...

Lucas' u-tilt and f-tilt ****. Holy crap.

Snake has some pretty **** combos.

Mk is plain broken. While he's lighter and he has more of a problem killing, it doesn't really matter. He can just combo you like crazy and edgeguard you. I don't even have a good mk and I was doing really good without trying. You guys need to either ban him or fix him up some more, or else I'll just main him and win tournaments lol.

I didn't have a problem teching at all...

I think we used the official codeset. Not sure, check with God-is-my-rock.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I would also like to know what Chu thought of B+ since he's been a big man in Melee for quite some time. It'd be nice to know what a really well known pro thought of our project.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
snake's ftilt is too broken (the first hit). also, the game randomly froze on brinstar mid-match o.o

my request is possible perfect shield reflecting (like melee) and taunt cancelling (like in 64) sh-sh-sh-show me ya moves!
nerfing ftilt on snake so it doesn't bounce characters off the floor the way it does

any1 know why it mightve froze? yoshi vs my brothers samus on brinstar. we had played 2-3matches prior to it freezing w.o any problems

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Is it possible to buff Jiggly's rest? It's pretty much useless because the huge risk and difficulty don't pay off.

@Skip2MaLoo
Snakes ftilt isn't as good IMO because the bounce lets you tech the first hit and possibly make Snake miss the second. It still does way too much damage for an attack of that speed, however.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Is it possible to buff Jiggly's rest? It's pretty much useless because the huge risk and difficulty don't pay off.

@Skip2MaLoo
Snakes ftilt isn't as good IMO because the bounce lets you tech the first hit and possibly make Snake miss the second. It still does way too much damage for an attack of that speed, however.
After the new version of Gecko is done, Jiggly's rest will probably be buffed. The only problem is that the usefulness is higher against big characters and lower against small characters (Try watching Gimpy's Bowser vs. Jiggly on youtube); Bowser and DK already suffer vs. Jiggly offstage, so hopefully it won't turn out to be unbalanced in the end.

shanus

Smash Hero
Just as an FYI, God–Is–My–Rock used the current iteration of Beta4.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Hmm, has there been any reports of freezing after moves clank? I used Marth's jab against Fox's jab, the clank animation shows up then it hangs. =(

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
A problem I had with brawl+ is that it's kinda skilless and I heard chu mention it too.... It has like no tech skill at all.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Can't we all just show alittle bit of bro love for any games we love to play?

On another point, has anyone gotten their jump ***** by Lucario's ledge attack? We were playing B+ and when my friend did a ledge attack with Lucario, Falco just got hit off stage and just died. No jump nothing. Falco tried to jump but nothing. Just fell. We recorded it but it may be sometime till i can get it up.

Almas

Smash Lord
There's been quite a few reports of freezes and I'm still not certain what causes them - it seems rather random at times.

Accessing the Brawl+ IRC channel will allow you to download the newest codesets as they are still being worked on - generally, it's a good indicator of our next "official" release, but there's often a little tweaking going on beforehand.

I agree that Brawl+ is less technical skill intensive than Melee or similar, but it's still certainly more so than Brawl. The relatively low friction makes it so that most characters benefit from dash cancelling and similar.

Finns7

Smash Ace
We have friction codes on ...w/e anyway, what do you suggest we do to make it have more skill? Its not melee but its rrrrrrreeeeallly not brawl.

5ive

Smash Champion
We need to dim down the hitstun after a footstool. They almost always cause death for me. Also, we need Melee SDI, since the hitstun causes Brawl SDI to become unusable, and an even greater tech window.

Adetque

Smash Apprentice
We need to dim down the hitstun after a footstool. They almost always cause death for me. Also, we need Melee SDI, since the hitstun causes Brawl SDI to become unusable, and an even greater tech window.
This, but IMO we should remove footstools entirely. Too many deaths because of accidental footstools.

Ulevo

Smash Master
This, but IMO we should remove footstools entirely. Too many deaths because of accidental footstools.
Um? What?

Footstooling is perfectly under the control of both players. Why would you remove a function that activates by the dictation of the two players playing at the time? That doesn't make sense.

We don't remove things because you're not paying attention when you fight.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Um? What?

Footstooling is perfectly under the control of both players. Why would you remove a function that activates by the dictation of the two players playing at the time? That doesn't make sense.

True that.

By the way, anybody's got a video on how to techroll? I can't seem to do it properly anymore, I was used to the old one.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
You just hold left/right and press L/R to tech. I don't think it's any different -- it's easier, if anything.

If you're missing techs and using v0.4, try teching a little earlier.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Um? What?

I don't mind footstools, I just hate how they are tied to the same button. If we can assigin footstools to another button so that when we are in footstool range we can chose between a footstool and a regular jump, that would good so we aren't arbitrarily limited. Or another possible solution could be to reduce the jump height of the footstool. You jump way too high.

Something I have been wondering. Can you footstool out of hitstun?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I don't mind footstools, I just hate how they are tied to the same button. If we can assigin footstools to another button so that when we are in footstool range we can chose between a footstool and a regular jump, [...]

...Isn't this the same arguement made by Leafgreen? But instead of footstools...it was powershielding.

x_X

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
You just hold left/right and press L/R to tech. I don't think it's any different -- it's easier, if anything.

If you're missing techs and using v0.4, try teching a little earlier.
I know that, thing is I knew when to perform it on 3.2.
Now, on 3.3 I really can't do it. I've tried teching earlier and it doesn't seem to work.
I can barely tech (my fault for being so unskilled) but I really don't know at what exact point should I press L/R anymore.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
kupo: I don't think so, just tumble.

Edit: Ryu, I guess practice just makes perfect, then (If you played enough 64/melee it's a pretty simple reflex now).

Try getting a friend to hit you around in 1/2 speed until you can figure out when to tech, and then just practice getting the feel down. The timing is slightly before you hit the ground.

Also, the available window for teching is 15 frames, roughly the time it takes the hitbox to come out on link's f-tilt or wario's f-tilt, if that's any help to you.

kupo15

Smash Hero
...Isn't this the same arguement made by Leafgreen? But instead of footstools...it was powershielding.

x_X
Not really. The problem leaf had was that there is little risk for attempting to PS because of the reg shield to protect you and that you can accidentally get this reward for not trying.

This argument is similar to the fresh bonus one where you have no choice to but to footstool if you get too close which doesn't make any sense to me. So in here, its a lack of control as to if you want to footstool or not but leafs situation was there is no risk/reward for trying to PS. But you do have more control with PSing

Revven

FrankerZ
I don't know what that means

But I'm guessing using the codes the lets you load custom textures + Brawl+codes=over 256 lines?
Yes, Gecko OS can only hold 256 lines of code (the texture codes take 167 and the B+ set takes all 256, you do the math). You can't do this combination until the new modified Gecko comes out.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Hey, I was just testing out Beta 3.4, and I think it's great! The momentum thing takes getting used to, but it's cool. I think we're on the right track, so I don't think it's necessary to screw with the physics much. I got no freezes, but I found a few issues that I think need repairing...
1. Jigglypuff's Rest: Risk>Reward by a lot.
2. Pit and ROB need auto-ledge-snap or whatever it is. It wouldn't make them cheap, because their recoveries are really bad. (They just bounce off the edge no matter what.)
3. There are some moves, like Sonic's that are ruined by momentum side-effects. ROB isn't part of this, his side B was useless anyway, now it's hilarious.
4. Is it just me, or is Snake really bad? I don't know any good Snake players, but he seems REALLY slow now.
Other than that, I didn't find any issues, and Bowser is now really hard to KO, and punish! I didn't test all the characters, so if I said something you disagree with, I probably don't play that character anyway.

The Cape

Smash Master
Pit and Rob can just FF and grab the ledge to make life easier. Since you grab when you are going down only. So it just takes a bit better positioning and some getting used to.

Also, Snake is NASTY. Just plays a bit differently as well.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Any progress on fixing Sonic's spin momentum recently? I won't hear the end of it from my friend until it is.

XD

Also, Bowser with tilt buffs is kraaazy (unreleased 4.0). There are still a lot of Melee things I miss about him (Bair semi-spike, Fsmash power, Fortress killing, old klaw) but I think I'll get back into boozer with these new options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom