• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Well, technically getting hit by an attack deprives you of control too. You're just biased because footstools don't cause galaxies to explode like the falcon punch. Everyone probably shame footstools you multiple times before they KO you too. You were probably shame footstooled as a small child and just haven't gotten over it yet. Maybe your dog was footstooled by a goomba and died.

Footstool is cool.
;__; its true, its ALL TRUE :'''''''''(

:laugh: but my point was that I like having some control over what happens. when I get hit, I DI, when I hit the ground, I tech. Footstools irk me because they put me in a position where I feel like I missed a tech, which my own personal bias dislikes.

so point being: I'm not saying teching footstools is good for the game, ust that I personally enjoy it.

Veril

Frame Savant
so point being: I'm not saying teching footstools is good for the game, ust that I personally enjoy it.
Teching footstools removes an aspect that makes them really interesting. It isn't just not good for the game; its bad. Specifically for characters that can set it two of their KO moves with it... "cough"

Seriously, one of the things I liked about brawl+ was how much more easily I could get footstool spikes off. Even in normal brawl Jiggs can combo into them at really low % or with the risky soft-nair >Footstool. In brawl+ these techniques are way more viable. Granted in vbrawl getting footstooled onto the stage by jiggs meant death for a good portion of the cast due to jab-lock > rollout but... no jab locks in brawl+ so its not like there's any pressing need to be able to tech footstool hops.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Personally I'd like to see footstools give you less height so they can be followed up with more options. Most footstool combos only lead to OTG stuff IIRC. If you could fastfall sooner from less height, you could juggle or something. Footstool was one of the least used offensive aspects of Brawl, so why shouldn't we try to work with it?

Also, no they should not be tech-able.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Personally I'd like to see footstools give you less height so they can be followed up with more options. Most footstool combos only lead to OTG stuff IIRC. If you could fastfall sooner from less height, you could juggle or something. Footstool was one of the least used offensive aspects of Brawl, so why shouldn't we try to work with it?

Also, no they should not be tech-able.

I pretty much agree with this post. Footstooling is one of the more underused aspects of the game. The only mainers that actively try to footstool are the multi-jump mainers, yoshi, sonic, Marth, and maybe DK.

Something like this removes from the depth of the game. Something we DONT WANT at all.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Footstools are amazing.. I purposely use them all the time to gimp sensitive recoveries like mario/luigi/ice climbers. Keep them the same, although less height on footstools would be quite nice.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay... I'm a pal user, have all stages, yet it freezes whenever I select an arena to fight in. It just doesn't load the fight. I'm trying to use version 3.3

Almas

Smash Lord
Oh dear, that's most perplexing, especially as a friend with European Wii has no issues.

Are you sure you're using the European Codeset?

Are any other codes active?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I think we should fix that. It's like the attacks that enforces tripping (Diddy's bananas). We wouldn't want to remove the tripping part of the attacks. So.. I think we should make footstools untech'able in my opinion.
Honestly, I hate the fact that attacks trip you. It's not the tripping that's the problem, either. It's the tripping being random. Yes, it's percent dependent, but even when you're in the appropriate range for the trip, it's still left up the random number generator on if you trip or not. These things should be set in stone. If you're at the right percentage, then you should either trip or don't trip. Don't sometimes trip.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm using the direct download file in the OP as opposed to manually copying and pasting in the code in the code generator.

I'll give it another shot though and let you know what happens.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm going to be recording brawl+ videos this weekend, starting now. I'll be getting videos oh high/top tier. Does anyone want me to record any characters in particular?

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the somewhat random tripping is a problem. Yes it avoids allowing certain combos to be consistent, but that doesn't mean that it's bad just because it makes both players have to think fast.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I don't think the somewhat random tripping is a problem. Yes it avoids allowing certain combos to be consistent, but that doesn't mean that it's bad just because it makes both players have to think fast.
Random tripping is a joke from Sakurai. That's all.
How does it make the game more competitive?

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be recording brawl+ videos this weekend, starting now. I'll be getting videos oh high/top tier. Does anyone want me to record any characters in particular?
I would really love to see more of Mario in this new codeset, if you don't mind ^^U I haven't posted before because I dont have my wii ATM and cannot test but I do read a LOT, so yeah, mario would be great if you dont mind :3

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
i think a lot more infinites would happen if we made the tripping moves set to always trip
They wouldn't always trip. They would always trip at the percentages that they can cause tripping at. I would also be in favor of just completely getting rid of the mechanic.

The problem with tripping on moves is that it essentially gives every character in the game a randomly effective and randomly ineffective attack. Without random tripping on moves, the only characters in the game that would have random elements to them would be peach, gaw, luigi, and ddd (edit: and snake, on his usmash). These random attributes may also be worth looking into, to make the game more consistent where it is deemed necessary.

Now, with moves that can trip you, you're probably using the move specifically for either the trip or non-trip hit. If you're trying for a trip to combo off of, and your opponent doesn't get tripped, you are now probably vulnerable, even though you didn't actually do anything wrong. You landed the hit. If the move had tripped, they would be vulnerable. But if they don't trip, you can be punished. It's brawl at its finest (read: stupid). It's a disproportionate risk for the move. If you were using the move for the non-trip hit (you just wanted to hit them with the move for the positional advantage), then you just gained a larger reward for landing the hit than you should have, which is a disproportionate reward.

A big part of the reason we removed the fresh bonus from the stale moves code is because fresh hits would "randomly" screw up combos. This is even worse. Risk verses reward should be based on the inherent properties of what a move does. Not what it could do if it hits.

Tripping on moves needs to either happen all of the time that it can happen or be removed entirely (except on diddy's bananas, of course). I would actually lean toward the latter of these two options, or possibly a hybrid of them; some moves have a higher percentage chance to trip than others do, so we could just make the high percentage ones always trip and the low percentage ones never trip.

Deff said:
Why are you even mentioning tripping? Thank god random tripping is completely out. I wouldn't play brawl+ if it was added back in for some reason :/
Thanks for actually reading my post. I'm talking about tripping on attacks, which was not taken out by the no tripping code (only tripping from starting a dash was removed).

Ulevo

Smash Master
The problem with tripping on moves is that it essentially gives every character in the game a randomly effective and randomly ineffective attack.
This is not true. This is all based on how the move is used, which isn't random in any sense of the word. A players decision on how to use a move that induces tripping is what decides how potentially effective or ineffective it can be. If I poke a character with Meta Knights Dtilt, but I space the move, I am safe regardless of situation, and I can react based on what the out come is.

Without random tripping on moves, the only characters in the game that would have random elements to them would be peach, gaw, luigi, and ddd (edit: and snake, on his usmash). These random attributes may also be worth looking into, to make the game more consistent where it is deemed necessary.
Well, there are others I didn't mention, like Ivysaurs Razor Leaf. However, I don't recall if there are more, as I'm quite tired right now.

Now, with moves that can trip you, you're probably using the move specifically for either the trip or non-trip hit. If you're trying for a trip to combo off of, and your opponent doesn't get tripped, you are now probably vulnerable, even though you didn't actually do anything wrong. You landed the hit. If the move had tripped, they would be vulnerable. But if they don't trip, you can be punished. It's brawl at its finest (read: stupid). It's a disproportionate risk for the move. If you were using the move for the non-trip hit (you just wanted to hit them with the move for the positional advantage), then you just gained a larger reward for landing the hit than you should have, which is a disproportionate reward.
This is not necessarily true, and I would argue that this is poor planning on the player if it is assumed to be the case. If I use Meta Knights Dtilt for example, I can use the out come to my advantage, regardless of what it may be, because I am using that move appropriately. If I plan on the trip however, and react improperly based on such, I can place myself in a vulnerable position. That is the fault of the player, not the move.

A big part of the reason we removed the fresh bonus from the stale moves code is because fresh hits would "randomly" screw up combos. This is even worse. Risk verses reward should be based on the inherent properties of what a move does. Not what it could do if it hits.
If that is the case, that is poor reasoning to remove decay. I'm not going to argue that point though.

And if a move trips, that is an inherit property. It just isn't guaranteed. Whether or not it hits is up to the player, and it only trip if it does hit. It is both in the players ability to ensure the move hits, and to ensure they are prepared to capitalize/deal with the out come.[/QUOTE]

I'm not in agreement with this motion. There is nothing wrong with tripping induced moves, because the moves themselves can be used appropriately by the user, and avoided by the target.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I would really love to see more of Mario in this new codeset, if you don't mind ^^U I haven't posted before because I dont have my wii ATM and cannot test but I do read a LOT, so yeah, mario would be great if you dont mind :3
I didn't see this post until after I had to go. I'll try and get some games of Mario in on Saturday.

I tested with these characters:

MK, Wario, DDD, Lucario, GNW, ROB, Kirby, DK, Peach, Wolf, Yoshi, and Fox.

We did:

MK vs GNW, 3 games. I won with GNW 2-1
DDD Vs Lucario, 2 games. I won with Lucario 2-0.
DDD vs Wario 3 games. I won with DDD 2-1
Rob vs DK 4 games. I won with Rob 4-0.
Rob vs Kirby 2 games. I won with Rob 2-0
Peach vs Wolf 1 game. I won only because he SD'd twice.
Peach vs Yoshi 2 games. I won both. I think Peach's forward throw is a chain grab vs Yoshi. Someone should try it out.
Peach vs MK 3 games. I lost 0-3 to MK
Fox vs MK 3 games. I won 3-0 with Fox

Rob is definitely high tier. His return is also extremely easy to use, even with NASSL. With more hitstun, Rob has redic fair combos, and can carry them off the edge. His glitched forward b is pretty sick.

I'm not very good with DDD so I can't give a good opinion on him.

I'm not very good with Brawl GNW. I'm too used to Melee GNW. Also; his f-air is really laggy when it hits the ground. MK seems to have problems with GNW. He is extremely hard to edgeguard. He's pretty floaty and can often simply DI back to the stage, and can play decently off the edge. vs MK. super range+super priority fair is pretty raep.

Lucario is pretty ****. Combo all dai. It's hard to KO, but it often doesn't really matter. With good spacing, and priority, lucario often does more damage than he takes. 4 stock games and I managed to win 3 stock both games.

I think DK may have a bad matchup vs Rob. it doesn't seem like DK can do much of anything useful vs Rob. Rob has amazing speed/range/priority, and just pummels DK to death.

Fox is just ****, lol. <3

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Honestly, I hate the fact that attacks trip you. It's not the tripping that's the problem, either. It's the tripping being random. Yes, it's percent dependent, but even when you're in the appropriate range for the trip, it's still left up the random number generator on if you trip or not. These things should be set in stone. If you're at the right percentage, then you should either trip or don't trip. Don't sometimes trip.
I just want to point out that it's not always random...the kirby board has known for a lil while that if you use an attack that can trip on an opponent that's teching, it will always trip

I wonder if that function is still in Brawl+ with the tech fix...can somebody test plz?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
...Why are people discussing tripping moves?

A lot of moves do that in the game. Some things are random in Smash Bros. That's just how it works. Look at Peach. Look at Game and Watch. Look at Luigi. Look at Dedede. All of these characters (And more, I'm sure) have random elements to their regular attacks. Are we going to make it so that G&W automatically gets a '9' with his ->B? I hope not.

These moves aren't broken at all, and are being looked at simply because some of the loudest people here are complaining about them. There's NOTHING wrong with them. Leave them alone. Stop tweaking Brawl+ to your minor insignificant preferences. To do otherwise is not our job.

Ulevo

Smash Master
...Why are people discussing tripping moves?

A lot of moves do that in the game. Some things are random in Smash Bros. That's just how it works. Look at Peach. Look at Game and Watch. Look at Luigi. Look at Dedede. All of these characters (And more, I'm sure) have random elements to their regular attacks. Are we going to make it so that G&W automatically gets a '9' with his ->B? I hope not.

These moves aren't broken at all, and are being looked at simply because some of the loudest people here are complaining about them. There's NOTHING wrong with them. Leave them alone. Stop tweaking Brawl+ to your minor insignificant preferences. To do otherwise is not our job.
To not discuss these "minor insignificant prefereces" would be foolish. And discussing is all we are doing. Expressing of opinion. That is how we come to proper conclusions on these matters.

That said, even though I don't support the idea of removing tripping possibility from tripping induced moves, I do believe looking at some of the random aspects in Brawl, such as Peach's ability to pull out Bomb Ombs, would be worth while.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I didn't see this post until after I had to go. I'll try and get some games of Mario in on Saturday.

I tested with these characters:

MK, Wario, DDD, Lucario, GNW, ROB, Kirby, DK, Peach, Wolf, Yoshi, and Fox.

We did:

MK vs GNW, 3 games. I won with GNW 2-1
DDD Vs Lucario, 2 games. I won with Lucario 2-0.
DDD vs Wario 3 games. I won with DDD 2-1
Rob vs DK 4 games. I won with Rob 4-0.
Rob vs Kirby 2 games. I won with Rob 2-0
Peach vs Wolf 1 game. I won only because he SD'd twice.
Peach vs Yoshi 2 games. I won both. I think Peach's forward throw is a chain grab vs Yoshi. Someone should try it out.
Peach vs MK 3 games. I lost 0-3 to MK
Fox vs MK 3 games. I won 3-0 with Fox

Rob is definitely high tier. His return is also extremely easy to use, even with NASSL. With more hitstun, Rob has redic fair combos, and can carry them off the edge. His glitched forward b is pretty sick.

I'm not very good with DDD so I can't give a good opinion on him.

I'm not very good with Brawl GNW. I'm too used to Melee GNW. Also; his f-air is really laggy when it hits the ground. MK seems to have problems with GNW. He is extremely hard to edgeguard. He's pretty floaty and can often simply DI back to the stage, and can play decently off the edge. vs MK. super range+super priority fair is pretty raep.

Lucario is pretty ****. Combo all dai. It's hard to KO, but it often doesn't really matter. With good spacing, and priority, lucario often does more damage than he takes. 4 stock games and I managed to win 3 stock both games.

I think DK may have a bad matchup vs Rob. it doesn't seem like DK can do much of anything useful vs Rob. Rob has amazing speed/range/priority, and just pummels DK to death.

Fox is just ****, lol. <3
What codeset were you using? 3.3? If so, what do you think of the No AD during tumble?

G&W's aerial lag is only reduced to 75% of the original value, not the regular 50%. This was done to avoid fair spam, as it was absurdly powerful.

Ulevo

Smash Master
What codeset were you using? 3.3? If so, what do you think of the No AD during tumble?

G&W's aerial lag is only reduced to 75% of the original value, not the regular 50%. This was done to avoid fair spam, as it was absurdly powerful.
Then why would you call it fair spam? That's rather misleading.

Cero

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was thinking about that. Tweaking the moves with random effects.

Like, for Peach, every 10 turnips she pulls, she'd pull out a bomb-omb guaranteed.
Or, for Luigi, his misfire would only occur when you let go right before his over B would fully charge. (like a few frames before)

Things like these so as to take out more of the random elements present in the game.

Oh yeah. Also, I'm not sure. Has port priority been tweaked yet?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
So I've got brawl+ working now =D I must say you guys have done a GREAT job. I like it very much, especially Zelda.

Also, I'd like to know where I can go to request brawl+ online matches? I'd like to play someone and just test the waters with certain things. Does it work online providing both players have version 3.3 of either the American or PAL release?

Thanks in advance!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I see! Thanks anyways!

I just recently played someone from America and we did in fact desync. I got rid of the level freezer code as this was actually freezing the game whenever I loaded a fight. So my opponent must have had this code and this is what caused the desync.

What exactly does the level freezer do?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

I was using 3.3. I hate the no AD during tumble code. It's much harder to mash the control stick to get out of tumble in B+/ normal brawl than it is to in Melee. It's also extremely hard tech. One of the things I liked most about Brawl was being able to AD in tumble.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
I finally got to play brawl + tonight with the plusery code set it nearly brought a tear to my eye, I don't think i'll ever play vBrawl again, Thank you all!
It really is hard going back to Brawl after a night of Brawl+.

Seeing as I'm not familiar with the technical aspect of the code in Brawl+, but what causes Diddy to not be able to dribble?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
It really is hard going back to Brawl after a night of Brawl+.

Seeing as I'm not familiar with the technical aspect of the code in Brawl+, but what causes Diddy to not be able to dribble?
Dribble? You mean being able to glide toss bananas back and forth? I'm pretty sure you can still do it. It may be harder due to the lowered buffer, though.

kupo15

Smash Hero
^^ yea it must be the lower buffer. Its harder at first, but easy when you adjust, and not impossible. I'm glad you enjoy b+ so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom