• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Meh, if your gonna have regional crews and want them to be hyped up, then you might as well make them the main focus. Throwing regional crews in the crew bracket is basically just regular crews; look at how VLS was played.

If Regional Crews are essential I'd say have 8-10 man crews for each region. It'll have more hype and trash talking and all that good stuff. Then just leave out regular crews (since time constraints prevent double elimination and the like).

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Meh, if your gonna have regional crews and want them to be hyped up, then you might as well make them the main focus. Throwing regional crews in the crew bracket is basically just regular crews; look at how VLS was played.

If Regional Crews are essential I'd say have 8-10 man crews for each region. It'll have more hype and trash talking and all that good stuff. Then just leave out regular crews (since time constraints prevent double elimination and the like).
thats what i was thinking, and yeah 10 man 40 stock obv.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
ATTENTION SMASHERS! I need a partner for Pound 3..... If anyone wanna team up let me know via AIM XxKirbySanxX Please :) I am partnerlessssss :(

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Basically the biggest cannot miss tournament of the entire smash lifetime O_O

I'm so there and I'm definitely looking forward to crew battles those should be epic :).

forkgirl

Smash Lord
dang, florida! you guys should make up your own regional crew!!! :p

also teams is gonna be fun!!!!

team SMILING FORK ftw
smiles and i got this!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i would suggest looking into hotels, FL. nobody is gonna have space and people are being extremely lazy. ill contact the hotel tomorrow thats offering me the really cheap rate ($68 per night per room) split up between people, thats pretty good.

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
So Is there any form of public transportation from reagan airport to anyplace near the venue? And if not would anybody mind picking us norcalians up?lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So Is there any form of public transportation from reagan airport to anyplace near the venue? And if not would anybody mind picking us norcalians up?lol
public transport from reagan is a negative, definitely from BWI. i dont know who in VA lives near reagan though v.v

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i would suggest looking into hotels, FL. nobody is gonna have space and people are being extremely lazy. ill contact the hotel tomorrow thats offering me the really cheap rate ($68 per night per room) split up between people, thats pretty good.
Yeah, that's pretty gay. I know it's not your fault plank and I appreciate your contributions as a tourny organizer, but was housing this much of a problem for Pound 2 too? I know it's nothing personal or anything for the people not choosing to house, but it's still pretty disappointing, and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind at staying at a hotel.

HAT

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's pretty gay. I know it's not your fault plank and I appreciate your contributions as a tourny organizer, but was housing this much of a problem for Pound 2 too? I know it's nothing personal or anything for the people not choosing to house, but it's still pretty disappointing, and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind at staying at a hotel.
lol, i housed a lot of people for pound 2, as well.

HATHouse.

Aesir

Smash Master
Yeah trust me though this is better then CT housing...>_>

most ct'ers live with their parents and their parents hate their kids let alone someone else's kids.

if hotels are really that cheap it's great! LOL

especially if you're traveling with lots of people easy way to split the cost up.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i agree, and its disappointing that everyone from this region is so unwilling to help others. Everyone wants this to be an awesome event but the people just take it for granted and wont put anything out, even if its just someone sleeping on their floor. I know tons of people are around here and could have 1-2 people in their dorm, or on their apartment floor.

but yeah, im sorry =(

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I may be able to get housing on the UMBC campus for OOSers, but don't bet on it. I'll see what's involved in getting that arranged. I think the pricing should be significantly cheaper than any local hotels.
and if somehow that worked out, that would be cool. somehow.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i think some of west coast might be looking into that hotel, plank. sorry if this has been asked already, but how far is it from the venue?

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I live at least 30 minutes away from the venue and dorm rooms can't fit many people. Plus, only a 5 person car. Otherwise I'd try to help FL out and they could sleep in the dorm lounge. Sorry guys.

I'm definitely going to confirm by the end of the year whether or not I'm coming to this. Even then, that's confirming if I have a car or not to get there.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
HugS you could stay in Maine that's easily a brisk walk from the venue.

Seriously though, who's housing us. Nightmare Korn Kid? HAT? ....Hugs?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll take the TA challenge. I don't know what it is, but I'll take it.

TA challenge:
"Name every member in the crew"
"****..."
I LOL'ed.

>_>.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Come on Plank.... you know you wanna house FL again...

*puppy dog face*

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Come on Plank.... you know you wanna house FL again...

*puppy dog face*
of course i WANT to, but i cant. only reason i could last time is cuz my parents were out of town :/. I will be able to if i get an apartment before then, but thats not all that likely. the house is for sale so my parents are unbelievably gay about having ppl over.

menacingmike, the hotel is about 5 minutes from the venue

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I decided im prolly gonna make my first OOS appreance with the rest of Florida.

Skler

Smash Master
HugS you could stay in Maine that's easily a brisk walk from the venue.

Seriously though, who's housing us. Nightmare Korn Kid? HAT? ....Hugs?
Hey Daz, include NH! My plan is to follow Maine around for 2 days, that includes sleeping with them.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Well, us UMDers could house, but then we have no way to get you to the tourney, you'd have to metro and get a ride, that or we could take ONE, or maybe two of you if two are small enough to ride in the front seat together.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Well, us UMDers could house, but then we have no way to get you to the tourney, you'd have to metro and get a ride, that or we could take ONE, or maybe two of you if two are small enough to ride in the front seat together.
I wonder if my dad would let me use the SUV... it would seat 8 people normally. Stick 4 people in the middle and back seats and you've got 10...

I'll talk with my parents and see if UMD can house some people, but don't count on it. And if it's the SUV, expect to pay a little bit of gas money (I can't imagine it would be much... but I've never driven the SUV long distances). And gas money between 10 people isn't that much.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
i might be staying at a hotel for friday, saturday and sunday........... soo if anyone needs housing they can stay with me but for a price! :) hopefully plankton get that deal otherwise ill need some housing. contact me via aim if u need info or wanna chi chat xxkirbysanxx

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Yeah...$60 is really kind of ghey. Not everyone who enters singles is going to want to enter doubles and regional crews = 10 ppl in each region. Everyone shouldn't have to pay for that.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
60 is a lot if you don't want to enter all the events

butter pecan ice cream is better than coffee flavored ice cream
you're gay, m2k.

my home home is rly close to reagan natl airport, dread
how many from norcal's coming?
i'll see if i can talk my super super asian parents into letting me house a few people. only problem would be actual transportation to the venue from my place..arlington's still 1-2 hrs from UMBC

meh either way, i'll see what i can do. i really want pound3 to be epic so it wont hurt to try :/. though im sure ppl have their reasons for not being able to house.

edit
if i cant house anyone, which is 90% likely, there's a metro station within reagan airport's vicinities. which can take you to any other metro station :3 ..and there are metro stations basically everywhere most TAers live, besides ppl like plank who live in the middle of **** nowhere. only downer is that there isn't a metro station near UMBC that i know of :/ ak;ldfja;dskf lol

besides that though, no worries. there's still public transportation :D? lol. if i cant house, i'll still be happy to help you guys out somehow, like meeting up at ronald reagan and helping you guys find your way to wherever you'll be housed. its like, 5-10 min from my place, i could run there if i really wanted to x_x so ya, lemme know. try to find housing elsewhere in the meantime =/ housing people at my place is gonna be rly tough. i dont think i can even stay at my place during pound. its not likely my parents are gonna allow me to attend this if they knew about it >___> .. /blahblahblah

m2k is gay

Rayku

Smash Lord
someone needs to house me and four other georgians
Five other Georgians, I really want to come to. Although, I'm not sure if you guys would want me to come with you.

I need housing arrangements, if that happens I can go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom