• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aho43

Smash Lord
Yeah...$60 is really kind of ghey. Not everyone who enters singles is going to want to enter doubles and regional crews = 10 ppl in each region. Everyone shouldn't have to pay for that.
FC does it this way. Tough cookies. Not sure if any money is gonna go towards the Regional crew that wins. You're gonna go to a 2 day tournament just to enter singles? :p

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
you're gay, m2k.

my home home is rly close to reagan natl airport, dread
how many from norcal's coming?
i'll see if i can talk my super super asian parents into letting me house a few people. only problem would be actual transportation to the venue from my place..arlington's still 1-2 hrs from UMBC

meh either way, i'll see what i can do. i really want pound3 to be epic so it wont hurt to try :/. though im sure ppl have their reasons for not being able to house.

edit
if i cant house anyone, which is 90% likely, there's a metro station within reagan airport's vicinities. which can take you to any other metro station :3 ..and there are metro stations basically everywhere most TAers live, besides ppl like plank who live in the middle of **** nowhere. only downer is that there isn't a metro station near UMBC that i know of :/ ak;ldfja;dskf lol

besides that though, no worries. there's still public transportation :D? lol. if i cant house, i'll still be happy to help you guys out somehow, like meeting up at ronald reagan and helping you guys find your way to wherever you'll be housed. its like, 5-10 min from my place, i could run there if i really wanted to x_x so ya, lemme know. try to find housing elsewhere in the meantime =/ housing people at my place is gonna be rly tough. i dont think i can even stay at my place during pound. its not likely my parents are gonna allow me to attend this if they knew about it >___> .. /blahblahblah

m2k is gay

LOL! awwww. cant waits for this! * needs a ride*!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I would house people, but I have no way to give them a ride to Pound as I myself need a ride >.<

forkgirl

Smash Lord
I don't understand why people are complaining about the price. This is a huge tournament. FC and OC did the same thing. You might as well just find a partner because you're paying for it. they aren't gonna change it.

Alukard

Smash Hero
but why wouldn't they just do crews like VLS =\ ... thats much better cuz if i'm paying 60 i rather at least play in a fun side event like crews lol ... not cheer from the sidelines for regionals lololol

hova

Smash Champion
i will be giving out free piggy back rides to Chillin, Watty and Jancc

i'm charging everyone else a quarter

you know you want it

edit: me and chillin are also accepting torpedo ball team mm's

and MD vs VA should go down at this ****

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
FC does it this way. Tough cookies. Not sure if any money is gonna go towards the Regional crew that wins. You're gonna go to a 2 day tournament just to enter singles? :p
But is there any advantage in doing it this way besides forcing people who aren't going to enter both events to pay extra money? I'm pretty sure even Inui would split up the costs, but if Plank can sleep at night knowing he's worse than Inui he can go ahead and leave it as a single entry fee of $60. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
i will be giving out free piggy back rides to Chillin, Watty and Jancc

i'm charging everyone else a quarter

you know you want it

edit: me and chillin are also accepting torpedo ball team mm's

and MD vs VA should go down at this ****
Yeah, doing that **** is wayyy overdue.

chillindude829

Smash Master
But is there any advantage in doing it this way besides forcing people who aren't going to enter both events to pay extra money? I'm pretty sure even Inui would split up the costs, but if Plank can sleep at night knowing he's worse than Inui he can go ahead and leave it as a single entry fee of $60. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
yes, the advantage is the vast majority of people will be entering both teams and singles and splitting them up would be a hassle for the tourney organizers. so you should just shut up, this way is easier, and i'm not even a tourney organizer. i'm just tired of you being annoying.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yes, the advantage is the vast majority of people will be entering both teams and singles and splitting them up would be a hassle for the tourney organizers. so you should just shut up, this way is easier, and i'm not even a tourney organizer. i'm just tired of you being annoying.
GAME !

This games winner is ... CHILLIN

teh_spamerer

Smash Master

How would it be more difficult if all the doubles money went into a different account than all the singles money? That way they wouldn't have to split up all the money into a doubles pot and singles pot from the $60.

Eplox88

Smash Journeyman
Paying the 60$ makes us all alternates for our region by default, we all have a chance to be in! =D

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
looks at smashers in VA... *cries*
you mean MD/VA

WHY COULDN'T I LIVE IN LIKE UTAH OR SOMETHING

but they i would miss all the amazing smash here, so it's worth it ^_^

and chillin, like TS said, it's actually more of a hassle not to split, because now you have to figure out how to split the total pot to singles and teams based on how many entered in each (there's always less in teams than singles).

*remembers last time he disagreed with chillin*

*flees*

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I don't know why it's such a hassle to have it all grouped as 1... I mean, if you're going to be traveling to a huge smash tournament, why would you want to hold out on not entering teams or whatever? $60 isn't that much for food/singles/doubles...

Fonz

Smash Ace
I don't know why it's such a hassle to have it all grouped as 1... I mean, if you're going to be traveling to a huge smash tournament, why would you want to hold out on not entering teams or whatever? $60 isn't that much for food/singles/doubles...

He speaks the truth AND he has the best sig on smashboards.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Talk to Hat, and if not, hotels aren't that pricey and i'm sure it won't be hard to find more people who want to split it up..

YOU GOT THIS AZ.
SoCal too good.

I would suggest planning your trip with a hotel in mind. If I can fit more people, I'll let it be known on this thread.

Worst case scenario- you stay in a hotel.
Best case scenario- have sex with HAT, in HAT's house.
A couple of pages late, but thanks HAT. I was looking into getting a hotel. As soon as there is some more tangible information on the nearby hotels, I'll get things rolling. Can I have sex with hat at a cheap motel? Like the hookers in AZ. I will get homesick.

chillindude829

Smash Master

How would it be more difficult if all the doubles money went into a different account than all the singles money? That way they wouldn't have to split up all the money into a doubles pot and singles pot from the $60.
lol what is difficult about that? you simply allocate a certain amount of the 60 for doubles/singles pots, not hard at all. on the other hand when theres some people who want to do teams only, some who want to do singles only, and some who want to do both, allowing them to enter only certain parts becomes complicated.

seriously, just shut up and pay the $60.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
lol what is difficult about that? you simply allocate a certain amount of the 60 for doubles/singles pots, not hard at all. on the other hand when theres some people who want to do teams only, some who want to do singles only, and some who want to do both, allowing them to enter only certain parts becomes complicated.
If you're registering online and there are two separate accounts, one for teams and one for singles, how is that complicated? Click one link to register online for singles and another for doubles. That saves the time of splitting the money up later as well.

If you're registering online and there are two separate accounts, one for teams and one for singles, how is that complicated? Click one link to register online for singles and another for doubles. That saves the time of splitting the money up later as well.
...If different amounts were payed for each category, there would be a different amount given to each, and taking the time to figure out how much would go to each wouldn't be all that hard, but just dividing what they have after everyone pays $60 would be easier, and better. Pay the $60. lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
all im going to say about the price is, if you dont like it dont come. youre not obligated to, and when you realize what you missed out on because you wanted to haggle $15, you'll realize ur a tard.

chred/others: have u ever considered housing people who were driving, not flying? then they can drive and possibly take you.
holy **** 2 birds with 1 stone.

edit: spammerer i hope u die in ur sleep

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Ohsnap, I'm driving.

Edit: can any of you locals suggest what I should bring on my trip? I've never been in the East Coast in February, and I assume it will be cold as ****. This is not good considering I'm from AZ. I'm allergic to weather below 80 degrees. How cold is it though?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
it will probably be between 10-35 most days. id say bring warm weather clothes. and possibly snow boots and ice hitches. maybe one of those cool ski masks that cover ur face too... you know the ones with the holes for the eyes and the mouth but nothing else..yea one of those

forkgirl

Smash Lord
oh my god, thats freaking cold!! we dont have winter in texas...it's like hot outside right now

will the tournament building be heated??? please???

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
oh my god, thats freaking cold!! we dont have winter in texas...it's like hot outside right now

will the tournament building be heated??? please???
Texans get cold hand johns >_>. I think it was 70 something today. XD. We don't know how to function in the cold.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
it will probably be between 10-35 most days. id say bring warm weather clothes. and possibly snow boots and ice hitches. maybe one of those cool ski masks that cover ur face too... you know the ones with the holes for the eyes and the mouth but nothing else..yea one of those
So I see this was planned along to make FL phail.

:(

****, that's fu**in' cold. Thanks for the heads up, I never even would have thought about bringing warm clothes.

aho43

Smash Lord
it could be really ****ing cold, it could also be sorta warm early spring type weather. just prepare for all scenarios. you can also check the weather report for Baltimore, MD before you pack. *thumbsup* We're still going whale hunting.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Teach us texans whale hunting and we will teach you how to ride horses.

Then we can ride horses while whale hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom