• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Teach us texans whale hunting and we will teach you how to ride horses.

Then we can ride horses while whale hunting.
If that were possible, it would be amazing. We'd need ice horses that froze the water they walked on.
That would be so freaking epic, packs of whale hunters on ice horses. Someone needs to make a movie with that **** RIGHT NOW.

and yeah, just realized, if you're driving in UMD can house you if don't mind sleeping on couches/floor(if you bring a sleeping bag)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
If that were possible, it would be amazing. We'd need ice horses that froze the water they walked on.
That would be so freaking epic, packs of whale hunters on ice horses. Someone needs to make a movie with that **** RIGHT NOW.

and yeah, just realized, if you're driving in UMD can house you if don't mind sleeping on couches/floor(if you bring a sleeping bag)
Do you really mean that? Couches and sleeping bags are a big jump up from what I sleep on here in AZ; we all sleep on cactus (that is the correct plural form, right?).

Seriously, though, I'd love to take you up on this offer.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
That would be fine. We have two lounges available with i think two or three sofas each, as well as carpeted floor space in two rooms.

HAT

Smash Ace
dang, sucks about the housing thing, like i said there are A LOT of Fl smashers planning on coming to this. im talking like 20+ smashers. i dont want that number to decrease dramatically cuz of housing issues, Fl wants to rep hard....peace

-hiroshi
i would definitely recommend a hotel. you can probably sneak in 5-7 people per room, and it's not too expensive. do it, for serious real.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
MORE ACTUAL TOURNEY INFO
yea MD/VA pretty much can't house. yea its a shame, we want this tourney to be successful but we all either live with our parents our have roommates, and we can't just open our houses to 5-10 strangers. We all have our own reasons, so id suggest just rooming together in a hotel. We know we suck for not housing, so please stop reiterating and continuing to ask. the peopl who CAN house will let you all know.

I think everyone should realize that this tourney will cost a good bit of money for some people overall. I know everyone wants to save cash, but this is the last tourney before brawl, it's gonna be big and there will be a lot of talent and lots of friendlies. My suggestion is to start SAVING some money so you can have a good cushion to have fun on the trip, rather than trying to cut corners and complaining about housing and entry fees. The Entry fee will not be lowered, no matter how many times people complain, and housing is looking thin. I'd look at a hotel and look for people to room with. Team Arlington once fit 10 people in a hotel for MLG NY. We were there for 2 nights and we all paid around $10-$15 each. It's a viable alternative worth looking at (because chances are you won't get housing). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes, it's really ****ing cold in early February in Maryland. Dress accordingly. Aho = Captain Ahab. watch out, whales.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Chillin I'm a Philly player that is trying to attend this. Yo man If I can go I'd love to play you or MM you if you have too little time to waste on friendlies, but yea man, I'm pretty sure everypost you ever had was pretty funny, so I bet you're ****in awesome to chill with. If I can go I gotta play you. That cool? I'll be glad to put up like 10 bucks or something for a good sit down MM with ya

Raistlin

Smash Lord
We just might take you up on that.

Do you really mean that? Couches and sleeping bags are a big jump up from what I sleep on here in AZ; we all sleep on cactus (that is the correct plural form, right?).
Cacti or cactuses. You did ask :)

ChuDat

Smash Master
all im going to say about the price is, if you dont like it dont come. youre not obligated to, and when you realize what you missed out on because you wanted to haggle $15, you'll realize ur a tard.

chred/others: have u ever considered housing people who were driving, not flying? then they can drive and possibly take you.
holy **** 2 birds with 1 stone.

edit: spammerer i hope u die in ur sleep
Raftbuilder remindz me of manacloud lolz

Drephen

Smash Master
One suggestion i have is that everyone bring cubes

for the past few tournies ive seen way too many t.vs without a cube attached. Cubes are small and don't take up any space

Even if you are flying just stick it in your carry-on or something. I'd rather see an abundance of cubes than t.vs not being used

Also plank i dunno what your view is on Wii's but i think they are a hassle. I mean if you wanna bring something go right ahead and bring your Wii, but its tiresome to ask around looking for a Wiimote cause someone accendently turned off a Wii(darn you QueenDVS lol). So if you have a cube bring that instead.

ALSO, plank dunno if you got one already but it would be nice to have a tech-guy at this. Would be freaking sweet if this was like an MLG and we have commentary on the matches.

Is there anyone out there that can do this sorta thing?

Be awsome to have the last big melee tourney to have commentary and access to the internet to post live updates and such. Theme songs at FC6 were the greatest thing evar.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
5 people in CT are going to be flying here most likely. Okay, so since housing is looking pretty limited...

Friday night: Would someone be able to bring 5 ct'ers from the airport (BWI) to the hotel
Saturday morning: Pick 5 ct'ers up from the hotel and bring us to the venue
Saturday night: Bring 5 ct'ers back to the hotel
Sunday: Bring 5 ct'ers to the venue
Sunday nightish: Bring 5 ct'ers to the airport

...Or can 5 Ct'ers get housing for this?

Edit: What hotel are other OOS'ers staying at?.. and are you going to stay at it for 1 night/2?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
5 people in CT are going to be flying here most likely. Okay, so since housing is looking pretty limited...

Friday night: Would someone be able to bring 5 ct'ers from the airport (BWI) to the hotel
Saturday morning: Pick 5 ct'ers up from the hotel and bring us to the venue
Saturday night: Bring 5 ct'ers back to the hotel
Sunday: Bring 5 ct'ers to the venue
Sunday nightish: Bring 5 ct'ers to the airport

...Or can 5 Ct'ers get housing for this?

Edit: What hotel are other OOS'ers staying at?.. and are you going to stay at it for 1 night/2?
public transportation is available for all those functions if you cant find anyone.

the airport/hotel/venue are all within 5-10 miles of each other.

ill contact the Quality Inn in Baltimore ( which offered me the deal) this week sometime since people look interested.

hey chu, u know what doesnt remind u of manacloud? the $2600 check u got for first place at pound 2, remember that?

kiwiii

Smash Lord
POUND3 IS GONNA BE ****ING AMAZING AND IF ANYONE MISSES OUT, BECAUSE OF x JOHNS, THEY'RE LAAAAAAAAAME lol .. team arlingotn hosts the best tournaments.... if west coast wants to know how REAL tournaments are run, they're gonna have to attend this ****. seriously though lmao

good **** to plank to hosting this sheezy

staying at hotel definitely wont be that bad, especialy when split among 4-5 people. OOSers should def consider this. i'm probalby will if i can't house, even if i'm TA =)

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
But seriously, my place is open for housing.

It's two hours away from the venue but, anyone coming from the south, is welcome to stay here Friday/Sunday night.

I'd love to have some of you guys over, lemme know.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yo tope how many people are you considering to house? cuz we are planning on renting a van and driving with a big chunk of FL (10 + peepz), if you cant thats cool

_milktea

Smash Lord
Hey guys :O. I have 3 friends coming to Pound from California. I was wondering if anyone would be able to get them at their airport and drive them to their hotel? :)? Thanks!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Hey guys :O. I have 3 friends coming to Pound from California. I was wondering if anyone would be able to get them at their airport and drive them to their hotel? :)? Thanks!
wow lil, im sure legions of smashers will jump on that opportunity, what with all the information and details you provided

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
all im going to say about the price is, if you dont like it dont come. youre not obligated to, and when you realize what you missed out on because you wanted to haggle $15, you'll realize ur a tard.

I wasn't complaining for myself, I just figured slightly more people might come.

and ROFLMAO the being worse than Inui part was a joke ;)

Cort

Apple Head
When are you guys arriving? What airport? Where are you guys planning on staying? When are you guys leaving?

_milktea

Smash Lord
Not sure yet T___T. Moo. Guess I'll post again later... Hopefully they stay in whatever hotel CT is ^_^! Have to ask Spawn.

EDIT: OMFG AT BELOW POST ALSKFJA;DF <3.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Edrees and I are planning coming to this from San Diego. We're working on getting our tickets right now. Those who know of us may rejoice.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
!!!!!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyyy aznlep is probably the most amazing person from cali, no lie. hope you and edrees can make it over here for sure =)

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
yo tope how many people are you considering to house? cuz we are planning on renting a van and driving with a big chunk of FL (10 + peepz), if you cant thats cool
You are all welcome to stay as long as you don't mind being crowded on the floor.

Rebel581

Smash Champion

chred/others: have u ever considered housing people who were driving, not flying? then they can drive and possibly take you.
holy **** 2 birds with 1 stone.

Great idea.

UMD will help house any drivers. As long as the place isn't messier than when you came, it should be fine. Plus, we won't even be there for a majority of the day. PM me if you decide to take this offer. If you're driving and have extra seats, we can also house people who are flying. I will still be bringing my car no matter what so we can get some flying people. How many seats I have for my car right now is 5 seats, currently filled by anyone from UMD by default. Hopefully, I'll be able to borrow the SUV and increase that to 8.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
good stuff guys way to step up housing a bit :)

chu, u click add to cart then on the right proceed to checkout. i havent heard of anyone having any problems with it til now? lemme know if u still cant get it to work

Fonz

Smash Ace
It is cheapest for Norcal to fly into DCA or Reagan. So can someone please let us know if we can hitch a ride. If we cant we may be SOL.

Tentative List of Norcal

1. Zoap
2. Zelgadis
3. Bob$
4. Dread101

There be more depending on when I talk to people next(Sat) Just post up if you can assist us.
There isn't really transportation from National to the venue, but you can take the metro to the suburbs of DC. If you guys still need housing you can take the metro up to my place and crash here, lemme know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom