• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
shame on people who organized this tourny and are not able to stream this. We can't get hype right now and we can't support armada ,amsah and other great europeans smashers through the stream but this might be the true reason why there are not stream. All the hype have to come from US , no hype for europe , no stream for us.
Are you not reading the thread? THE WIRELESS AT THE VENUE COSTS ANYWHERE FROM 300-700 DOLLARS. Plank didn't even get enough money from venue fee to cover all of security for crying out loud.

There is no " anti-Europe" bias. Do you really think that Plank would put all this work into hosting a tournament only to screw over the people who are coming the farthest? No. It's comments like these that are the height of shamelessness and lack of respect for TOs nowadays.

If anything, you should blame the US for not having a higher attendance to this tournament. If Plank had gotten 80-120 more attendees he probably could've had a stream.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I think what they mean is that if they stream and record simultaneously, with their limited equipment they can't guarantee no video lag or dropped frames, as apposed to if only the capture application was running.
I can record 3 TVs at the same time while streaming, and only use 30% of my quad core.
Assuming stream uses the same CPU as recording, which it does for me, this means I could do one stream and one record with a *single core* at 60%. These were Athlon II cores at 2.8GHz.
As long as you use good software, you should be fine.

Are you not reading the thread? THE WIRELESS AT THE VENUE COSTS ANYWHERE FROM 300-700 DOLLARS. Plank didn't even get enough money from venue fee to cover all of security for crying out loud.

If anything, you should blame the US for not having a higher attendance to this tournament. If Plank had gotten 80-120 more attendees he probably could've had a stream.
Well, people have offered to use their own mobile internets.

If anything, I'm blaming the US for having such slow and expensive internet connections. I just read an american 3G/4G review. They said 4G was insanely fast. It was about the same as our average 3G at 3x the cost.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
People complaining about livestream: shut up please

We can't use mobile devices. There is no service in the venue. I've already said this 1000 times. I'm using a weak internet signal provided by the hotel that I had to pay for personally to write this message. It's not even strong enough for a stream.

Ultimately: Just deal with it. If you're watching brawl, my Tio should live update all the updates to my twitter at twitter.com/thetantalus

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I think what they mean is that if they stream and record simultaneously, with their limited equipment they can't guarantee no video lag or dropped frames, as apposed to if only the capture application was running.
I much rather have good video than a stream.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I much rather have good video than a stream.
^ Me too. I can wait 2 days for hype results and then college classes will keep me occupied until videos go up XD.

And vgbootcamp can have some really nice videos, with their commentary using a sound mixer I presume. Their apex quality was pretty bad, but I'm sure that was just because they wanted the smallest file size to upload during the tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJijeCyponk

that's probably their best quality i've seen, which is good enough for any smash set. till not as good as my quality, but they messaged me asking me what equipment I use after apex. I wonder what they'll be using for pound. :)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Instead of whining, go here and ride the hype. :D There's too many world class players for there not to be amazing sets and insanity.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer quality videos with commentary by Phill/HMW
with a stream it's only once and that's it.
With videos you can watch, and watch, and watch as long as you want.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
^ Me too. I can wait 2 days for hype results and then college classes will keep me occupied until videos go up XD.

And vgbootcamp can have some really nice videos, with their commentary using a sound mixer I presume. Their apex quality was pretty bad, but I'm sure that was just because they wanted the smallest file size to upload during the tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJijeCyponk

that's probably their best quality i've seen, which is good enough for any smash set. till not as good as my quality, but they messaged me asking me what equipment I use after apex. I wonder what they'll be using for pound. :)
I'm the first to acheive the best quality for brawl tournies in the US as shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X085YU71MQ8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

swordgard

Smash Hero
I'm the first to acheive the best quality for brawl tournies in the US as shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VXIKAJk5u4
Actually you are wrong. I was the first to ever come up with this technique. I made a post about how it used to be impossible since the emulator did not support brawl NTSC, lacked a PAL to NTSC brawl replay transcoder. I still had a few test run with HD PAL, worked well. Then when the new emulator came out, I made a post about it in the BBR, chibo asked me details and I told him and tantalus, and then the info got out.

Then again I guess you are right.

"In the US"

Keitaro

:p Still first in the US.

You had vids for tournies up in this quality since before September though?? Cause I don't see them.

Keitaro

I made that post sometime in the summer : P. I made a test video in mid 2009.
Test video don't count sooonnn :p

I was saying that I was the first to do this in the US for tournament videos. I know very few others knew how to record Dolphin Emulation but nobody ever did it for tournament sets in US and possibly the world before me. Not too sure about the world so don't quote me on that!

Keitaro

are you sure its the best keitaro?

i dunno anything about video quality and all that but it seems to me stuff like this looks a little better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtQRvfbThqI

but yours is easily the best I've seen in the US...maybe I'm just biased though >.>
That guy does the same stuff as me. We talk alot through youtube about our techniques.

Edit: What Swordgard said.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i see. i dont watch the videos in HD so that might have something to do with it. either way, they both look amazing =]

swordgard

Smash Hero
BTW keitaro next step is for you to go buy usb to gc converter, and livestream friendlies in HD. I have done it a few time, 720 HD stream is awesomes.

Not realiable for finals though, if it crashes you QQ hard.

Keitaro

lol wtf is that lol!! I may be pming you about that in the future if its not simple.

@ Stingers: Thanks dude. Honestly I think textures take away from the quality but I like to keep um on.

RichBrown

Smash Master
My videos are the best.

And I'll ***** about there being no stream all I want.

Looks like I'm gonna be chillin in this thread all day.

Sup guys :D

RichBrown

Smash Master
From Tantulus' twitter: Adhd did not get 3 stocked by rich but rich still won. Adhd up 2-1 on m2k in lf 5:06 PM Oct 16th, 2010 via Mobile Web

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=***iPnfPXb4

****ing mother ****er, and you tell me not to complain about ****.

I hadn't refreshed the page in a while and I figured someone woulda posted between this post and my last post. Oh well.

Keitaro

lol yeah I can't see it.

Edit: imma try to.

still doesn't work for me.

Also how is your join date 2002 0_o

LLDL

Smash Hero
^ How is his join date not 2002. He used to play melee obv lol.

And also, you're putting lower case letters. Has to b F C K

RichBrown

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F C KiPnfPXb4

I actually have been on SWF since dec 2001, but I forgot the password to my old account (which I rarely used anyways) so I made a new one in April 2002.

And yeah I used to play melee but I could never get involved in the scene because my parents wouldn't take me to tournaments and they wouldn't let me drive with friends =(

But yeah I'm secretly the oldest active smasher lol (oldest in terms of length on the site of course)

Doc King

Smash Lord
I'm just wondering but is there gonna be USTREAM or something live thats gonna be up?

OverLade

Smash Hero
iPresea (Pikachu/Seibrik's Girlfriend) 2-0'd Doom (MK) in Pools.

Doom ur my dawg but damn I have to make this callout right here. FL ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom