• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Im still up... gotta leave like at 6 am or something lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
oh yeah I shouldn't forget my melee instead of need for speed lol. I am still up... ;-; I'm getting to bed now, and I'mma head out like... 6 am

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to record the commentating for when the videos are put onto YT? Obviously since a good stream isn't possible, that would be the next best thing. At least I think so.

An example of what I mean would be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWp_S_ZeiE
I support this, commentary on videos is amazing even when you're not experiencing it live. If anything record the hype that goes on or something, it makes it that much better.

Pretty please?

Lobos

Smash Master
A few people will attempt to stream from their phone but don't know how well that will work in the hotel.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
no stream for this tournament is such a fail, they should have checked those connections in the first place

it's just too bad

Beat!

Smash Master
I'm european too

And I really like watching tournament livestreams as well

But face the facts; it's not happening

I know it's not the same thing, but given the fee for internet access at the venue, it's pretty understandable imo.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
And besides, Genesis was like the biggest hype I've ever had, and that was twitter only.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Guys, do you realize that Genesis DID have the most hype out of any tournament? It has NEVER been that hype since. The genesis thread had like 5,000 viewers day 3. The page went like 3 pages per refresh. You could NOT keep up. It was so hype, that I refreshed the page, and all you saw is MANGO MANGO MANGO ARMADA MANGO AR-MA-DA, MANGO GO MANGO, YEAH DO IT! In less than 1 second, it was 3 pages of that. Waaaaaaay more text than the stream chat, on a thread. It went from 500 pages, to 1000+ pages on day 3 alone.

Seriously, with a little imagination...and some time....LOL.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Guys, do you realize that Genesis DID have the most hype out of any tournament? It has NEVER been that hype since. The genesis thread had like 5,000 viewers day 3. The page went like 3 pages per refresh. You could NOT keep up. It was so hype, that I refreshed the page, and all you saw is MANGO MANGO MANGO ARMADA MANGO AR-MA-DA, MANGO GO MANGO, YEAH DO IT! In less than 1 second, it was 3 pages of that. Waaaaaaay more text than the stream chat, on a thread. It went from 500 pages, to 1000+ pages on day 3 alone.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12211704&postcount=7743

stelzig

Smash Lord

I was around during genesis (remember how you couldn't even access the forums at times because of it?)... I'd still much rather have a stream. This is not to disagree with what beatstick says about how understandable it is, but I don't see why some people now try to tell people that it doesn't really matter when we will have videos (In HQ!!!) or that it's more hype without a stream somehow. :p

I'm really not all that interested in taking part in a board-chat and pressing F5 all day, I just wanna see the matches when they happen, and read comments every once in a while maybe. If with commentary then yeah that's pretty good too.

Edit: Oh and that "in a week" thing i'm not even sure you can be sure about. I only really trust videos being uploaded quickly if it's AJP. Every day at midnight would be awesome though, lol.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yeah screw that Genesis forum crap. Also Genesis had twice as many entrants for Brawl which equals more people on the forums.

The Genesis stream would have been the most hype stream if they had one considering it was the biggest smash tourney of all time.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I still don't get the prioritizing between recording and stream. Both can be done, you know...

Also, you've been promising "maximum quality" videos for like years. Still haven't seen any. Sure there are videos, and I'm happy about it, but stop calling them "maximum quality". It makes people think there can't be anything better =).

LLDL

Smash Hero
I think what they mean is that if they stream and record simultaneously, with their limited equipment they can't guarantee no video lag or dropped frames, as apposed to if only the capture application was running.

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
shame on people who organized this tourny and are not able to stream this. We can't get hype right now and we can't support armada ,amsah and other great europeans smashers through the stream but this might be the true reason why there are not stream. All the hype have to come from US , no hype for europe , no stream for us.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Can u guys make a quick update thread? Who do we follow on twitter 4 details? & make sure u record commentary & hype please!!! M2k vs armada, x or espy vs any 1 fl vs fl(becuz fl always gets bracket****ed) & yeah all dat gud stuff =) gud luck 2 ALL! M2k & armada teams will b ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom