• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
would anyone be able to burn a hacked melee at the venue?
i've got the iso i want to burn on my SD card (with usb adapter)
just don't have a DVD burner and my people are mia
I got you man, just find me. ^_^ I'll be there in the next 2 hours for sure.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Anyone who has a room who'd like it to be public for off floor friendlies and non-smash games go here.

This should be self explanatory. If you would like to post your room so other smashers can meet up with you and chill and play friendlies, let me know your room number, and Ill put it on here. Categories go as follows:

Melee/Brawl Rooms

Melee Only Rooms

Brawl Only Rooms

Other Game Rooms (Halo, MvC, POWERSTONE, Naruto CoNR:3 (PLZZ!!!!))

POST NAO!!!!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12211557

RichBrown

Smash Master
It's been said over 20 times there is no damn stream for anything, WC clown.
Well ****, that's what I get for not browsing this page every day =(

Ugh I very rarely ever have an ENTIRE WEEKEND off when there's a national I can't attend, I was looking forward to being a stream monster.

I'm sure this has also been said 20 times but why is there no stream, internet issues?

RichBrown

Smash Master
WOW that's lame

What if everyone at the tournament donated an extra 2 dollars

then we could have a stream

Man I'm mad, maybe I should buy a ticket right now and fly out there and **** everyone to get my anger out >:(

WOW that's lame

What if everyone at the tournament donated an extra 2 dollars

then we could have a stream

Man I'm mad, maybe I should buy a ticket right now and fly out there and **** everyone to get my anger out >:(
150 + 234 = 374
700 / 374 = ~2

Yeah, that's enough money, barely. Would seriously EVERYONE pay at the door? Would seriously EVERYONE pre-reg early to finance the tournament better for Plank? Ok, Plank made a small oversight, so he's partly to blame

But also, streams aren't so awesome like people make them out to be

stingers

Smash Obsessed
wouldnt pre-regging later help him finance the tournament better since he gets more money that way?

regardless, blocking people from streaming from their phones is a silly idea. and bionic, who cares lol. i've been watching smash streams since they were in their infancy, I'm well acquainted with ****tastic quality >.>

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Hat is an idiot and forgot the Poker chips so if anyone has any bring em, if not we can try and get em tomorrow/later

stingers

Smash Obsessed
also I think not having a stream because it leads to a more hype thread is silly. when there is a stream, the thread isn't hype because all the hype is in the stream lol. watch a streamchat during a tense match, it moves way faster then any thread ever will (including genesis thread, and I remember that well lol). sure it's not documented hype or anything but the important thing is that the hype was still felt by those who couldn't make it...

but yeah what's done is done I guess. oh well =[

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Just commentating would be great, as it is the main point that captures the hype. Plus we can add the sound in with the videos later.
I'd really like to be able to at least hear what's going on :(

strawhats

Smash Master
Can anyone give me swift's number. He left asking for my number so we could meet up at dc union station.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
has anyone even seen a 3G stream?

streaming from camera phones are horrible. they're allowed but the quality will be so damn poor that you'll want to tune out.

if you were to tether or had a 3G data plan, well good luck, I haven't seen a good 3G stream in awhile because 3G upload speeds are slow. coupled with the fact that 3G has data congestion, and well... yeah.
has 4g on my data plan. whether or not there's a 4g signal strong enough near the venue, i dunno...but if there is, I wouldn't mind lending my phone to someone who could stream from it

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
When are we free (thats what he said) to play at the venue? Like at 2am if we werent asleep could we go play or do we have to wait?

JuanEricC

Smash Rookie
i hate when someone says that livestream is overrated or is not a big deal, or even things like ''come yourself or wait till the videos!'' oh please the comuniti is just growing since melee came out! everybody is playing around the world! THIS CONSIDERED A SPORT FOR SOMEONES! !!! quit the nba all-star game livestream! and lets see what happen!!! not everybody will watch the videos at all! you will be killing the nba comuniti! your doing the same stuff here! BTW awsome tournament!

pound finals > nba all-star game !!! (im a basketball fan)

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
i hate when someone says that livestream is overrated or is not a big deal, or even things like ''come yourself or wait till the videos!'' oh please the comuniti is just growing since melee came out! everybody is playing around the world! THIS CONSIDERED A SPORT FOR SOMEONES! !!! quit the nba all-star game livestream! and lets see what happen!!! not everybody will watch the videos at all! you will be killing the nba comuniti! your doing the same stuff here! BTW awsome tournament!

pound finals > nba all-star game !!! (im a basketball fan)
Maybe if most of us were contracted between $100K-20M for being smashers, you can't compare this to NBA. Not even arena football. Hell, Female Pro Football has more money in it.

P.S. Female Pro Football I respect.

P.P.S. F Ur Basketball. DREEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

JuanEricC

Smash Rookie
jajaja that was pretty funny! btw i asked before like a mounth ago and some guys said yes there should be! i was plaining a smashfest! with the top 10 players in my country! (dominican republic) and then i just realize there wont be a livestream i was dissapointed everything for nothing!

but im still happy for me even twitter updates are awsome ! i get hype with anything!

Zoler

Smash Ace
150 + 234 = 374
700 / 374 = ~2

Yeah, that's enough money, barely. Would seriously EVERYONE pay at the door? Would seriously EVERYONE pre-reg early to finance the tournament better for Plank? Ok, Plank made a small oversight, so he's partly to blame

But also, streams aren't so awesome like people make them out to be
Are you kidding me? looooooooooooooooool

livestreams are awesome. To me to watching a big smash tournament live is better than watching ANYTHING. the hype, the stream chat and stuff, you just can't really get the same feeling in videos....

Really fail to not have a livestream, but I'm not that mad at Plankk or anyone I know organizing tournaments can be tough.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
has 4g on my data plan. whether or not there's a 4g signal strong enough near the venue, i dunno...but if there is, I wouldn't mind lending my phone to someone who could stream from it
Just tried it out. bare minimum 4g signal where im at. it worked. ****ty quality but solid fps with minimal skipping. When the 4g signal faded out, the 3g signal was unspeakably bad. Lost the 4g signal consistently when moving the phone around so it would have to remain stationary if the 4g signal is bad(which I won't do), so hope it's not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom