• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 12 March 5th!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
hax said "sheik cant touch falcon at high levels", but then like 3 weeks later he lost to dazwa. I havent heard him speak on the MU since then.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hax and M2K are way too exceptional at the Falcon/Sheik matchup. If you throw them out of consideration, Sheik is probably 60-40 against Falcon at high levels. Look at Tope versus Darkrain/SS. Or Teczero vs Scar.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I dunno, I think Falcon/Sheik is 55/45 IMO...Falcon ***** the **** out of Sheik with just a single grab...the combos aren't that hard so long as the person isn't choking. Sheik has her dumb tech chase, but that's not 100% guarenteed to always work. Plus, I'm sure a lot of Falcons paid attention to how Hax was getting out of those jab resets vs. Amsah. Just going to get harder, and I don't think any of the Sheiks in the Midwest are smart enough to usmash instead of jab reset against Falcons who is SDI'ing up in hopes that the Sheik jabs. I could be wrong, but I don't know really any Sheiks in the Midwest minus Drephen who could really take like top 10 tbh lol(Matt R is a Fox main now, so I'm not counting him =P).

Speaking of Sheiks, I want to practice against A BUNCH at this. I NEED to cram on that matchup because I RARELY play it here. Phatgamer/Matt R/Drephen if he comes/whomever else, HIT ME UP!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I want some good Marth practice too. I would like to play styles other than Dart's rofl...so JBM and uh...I guess Brightside or whatever the dude's name should play some friendlies with me too =D And Peach mains....*sigh* Do we have any minus Quaz xP?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if shiek does nothing and the falcon attempts to SDI the jab (that doesnt come) he will instead stand up/roll which sheik can easily punish

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
In regards to the Falcon/Sheik MU, I eat them. Cept for darkrain. That is all.

@Sveet: You got it man, just find me somewhere at the tourney and I'll rage on someone for a TV. XD

@Gooey: ^

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
can I please not be in JBM's pool this time. If I am, I'm rage quitting because that'll be the 4th time in a row

voorhese

Smash Master
lol, still looking for a peach/puff/falco for a dubs partner...i suppose i could play with other chrs also if i dont find anyone willing to team w/ those chars

Kels88

Smash Lord
I dunno, I think Falcon/Sheik is 55/45 IMO...Falcon ***** the **** out of Sheik with just a single grab...the combos aren't that hard so long as the person isn't choking. Sheik has her dumb tech chase, but that's not 100% guarenteed to always work. Plus, I'm sure a lot of Falcons paid attention to how Hax was getting out of those jab resets vs. Amsah. Just going to get harder, and I don't think any of the Sheiks in the Midwest are smart enough to usmash instead of jab reset against Falcons who is SDI'ing up in hopes that the Sheik jabs. I could be wrong, but I don't know really any Sheiks in the Midwest minus Drephen who could really take like top 10 tbh lol(Matt R is a Fox main now, so I'm not counting him =P).

Speaking of Sheiks, I want to practice against A BUNCH at this. I NEED to cram on that matchup because I RARELY play it here. Phatgamer/Matt R/Drephen if he comes/whomever else, HIT ME UP!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I want some good Marth practice too. I would like to play styles other than Dart's rofl...so JBM and uh...I guess Brightside or whatever the dude's name should play some friendlies with me too =D And Peach mains....*sigh* Do we have any minus Quaz xP?
LOL at this post. I bet my Sheik could take top 5 if it didn't have to go against any Fox players

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Ok so I just spent the past 4 hours going thru this entire thread reading it from front to back. LOTS of mm's that r gonna be going on. I probs could have made an "attending" list if I had thought of it, but unfortunately I didn't.

It looks like I'm the only one from CoMO coming to this, all the others had conflicting issues. If I do end up making it, I'll be able to bring 2 setups and a recording setup if needed.

Yup I'm a scrub, so mm me.
MM me $1 Poke Floats only lol
Reneblade: Falcon dids on Yoshi's, 1$ MM?

Anyone wanna do an ironman set? (1 char from each tier until u run out)

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
Gooey, if I go to this I will gladly play several friendlies with you... but I'll probably be the one getting the practice. :p

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
Ok so I just spent the past 4 hours going thru this entire thread reading it from front to back. LOTS of mm's that r gonna be going on. I probs could have made an "attending" list if I had thought of it, but unfortunately I didn't.

It looks like I'm the only one from CoMO coming to this, all the others had conflicting issues. If I do end up making it, I'll be able to bring 2 setups and a recording setup if needed.

Yup I'm a scrub, so mm me.
MM me $1 Poke Floats only lol
Reneblade: Falcon dids on Yoshi's, 1$ MM?

Anyone wanna do an ironman set? (1 char from each tier until u run out)
good stuff

voorhese

Smash Master
it will be interesting, how much? im thinking like 1$ cuz im lucky to be going on this budget

also at that tourney i shine baired orly oos (with fox son)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
gahhhh. fine I have a hard time taking a 2 of 3 seriously if its only for a dollar. i'm just gonna try to do fancy **** and say "OMG U GUYS IM SO COOL LOOK WHAT I DID IN A SRS MATCH" even though i wasnt takin it srsly.

XD Pre-Johns.

<3 vorcheese.

Quaz

Smash Master
Goeey there are plenty of peach players going. Like John, Money, Cheap Peach I think said he was going, and Darkatma.

oh and errodactyl too but Im not sure if he's actually entering or not.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
well, after reading the comments on falcon vs sheik, I think it depends on the falcon. It might be too demanding that falcon having to be perfect not to get grabbed and he must mix up his playstyle completely to stand a chance in this matchup. People that I've heard that its in falcon's favor are m2k and another good european player (forgot who but a well known player).

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows darkrain vs m2k dreamland match...not pretty. darkrain plays this match pretty poorly, his first stock is cause because he used raptor boost, try to predict rolling, and I though he was to straight foward in his approach. I just saw ss vs m2k and that was fun, as I believe that's how the match up should be played. falcon mixing up his game to appraoch, however i don't think anyone can recover like he does.

hax does pretty well in the match because he also mixes up his spacing, plus does some automatic combos on sheik perfectly (up throw, up air, up throw, knee). plus it seems a lot harder to grab him.

yea, I'll mm anyone here to, but I like it to be with people I don't see often or even at all. so if you see someone with a bucky hat on, MM him! lol

Top Bottom