• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 12 March 5th!

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Renechris and I are going to make this the most well-documented SMYM ever... the polar opposite of the disaster at SMYM10. Peef, assistance would be greatly appreciated. No bracket set from 3rd round and beyond should go unrecorded!
We need player interviews!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I endorse Tink as potential assistant TO, that dude gets work done... except when he uses old school pen/paper for bracket >_>

@ HondaFoo: We're doing something even better and more creative than interviews. Wait and you shall see.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
so does flux wolf....he might be taking a car, but he wants to bus out to chicago and get a ride from here....post up if you can help either.

also, deku, just wondering, what u plan to do with the extra venue money 0_o....i know theres always tonss left over...just wanted to know if it was going to the pot, or to the TOs. and if TOs, how do i get a TO job? trying to get that bread anyway possible!
hahah well I'm not sure there will be "tons." if attendance is around 70 and there are 20+ setups there won't be very much left over at all. I do want helpers, but this is not a job you do for the money wayne :).

Actually who are my helpers? I know bunbun has my back. Can I assume darkrain will be as helpful as usual? I think mostly I will need help rearranging stuff at the beginning/end so anyone that wants to help is more than welcome :):):).

Tink

Smash Hero
loll...smyms the onlyyy tourny i ever have to ask this, as there will be 80 ppl easy here....20 setups, 60 ppl venue is 300, with venue only costing 100(which it has for all the rest)...200 aint no small change ://. i ask, because afaik, all the last smym(and much love to aob for running them), i was under the impression it went to the TOs(which, like u said, really shouldnt happen).

also, who always brought the speaker phone? neeeeeed to get that!

j00t

Smash Champion
Why isn't it Saturday yet GAWD DAMNIT!

I'm gonna have a blast playing all you peeps.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i was kinda posing that as worst case scenario

i'm not gonna say anything for sure right now.

im pretty stoked for this. im hopin for top 5 doubs :) BINYAN BRING YOUR A GAME

imma get ***** in singles i know it

Tink

Smash Hero
at least by me u will :D.

i just hope there enough setups!!!! we really need alot...and power cords/extension cords!!

dmac

Smash Champion
after hearing pound 5s terrible commentary(wife is always good though) i'd like to try and do it myself, if possible

i'll help set up and run things deku if needed, i almost never play friendlies because i suck

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I havent watched a single pound 5 vid other than hax vs amsah. For like the 8th time...im bring a full setup and a power strip

Tomacawk

Smash Master
so many hilarious posts.
stopped watching after the last death of voorhese in that game lololol
Still need a teammate still playin shiek still takin my time to perfect a beat
LOL
well done DJ
We need player interviews!
yes!
lol just don't walk up to me with a camera and a mic. I don't like doing interviews.
nobody wants to interview you, ****ing narcissist
lmao

typical Wayne
indeed

juggleguy+renechris, what are yall nignugs planning...hmmmm
i can't bring a tv, cube, or power strip
but I can bring the funk

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
can anyone pick me up from grand central station friday afternoon??

my only way of getting there is by megabus, because the mn car johned out... and from there id have no ride:/ so hit me upp!

thanks in advance ill pay my way!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Someone give me $50 and I'll come and bring TWO full setups. Otherwise, I cannot attend.

Also DMac, I thought Plank did a decent job of commentary. But of course, Wife is the best.

Triple R

Smash Lord
does that mean no chexr v dart???
Flux was being kinda unclear. There were suppose to be 2 cars from MN coming, but Zues doesn't have the money to come anymore, so he isn't taking his car anymore. So the car that Flux was riding in isn't coming anymore, which apparently is THE car from MN lol.

Chexr's car is still coming.

dmac

Smash Champion
what matches did plank commentate on? i dont remember and i can't seem to imagine him having the time to do it haha

also there are no capitalized letters in my name :(

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
loll...smyms the onlyyy tourny i ever have to ask this, as there will be 80 ppl easy here....20 setups, 60 ppl venue is 300, with venue only costing 100(which it has for all the rest)...200 aint no small change ://. i ask, because afaik, all the last smym(and much love to aob for running them), i was under the impression it went to the TOs(which, like u said, really shouldnt happen).

also, who always brought the speaker phone? neeeeeed to get that!
I always brought it. I was hoping Alejandro would grab it this time.

I believe we only stole from the venue fees the last two times, and I don't think we used all of it either. Some went into the pot, and further in the past all of the leftover fees went into the pot.

I'll be bringing my loud voice, so we don't need to steal a megaphone this time.
Trust me, you need one.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
what matches did plank commentate on? i dont remember and i can't seem to imagine him having the time to do it haha

also there are no capitalized letters in my name :(
lol you're right about the caps. I never noticed that before =/

And nevermind about Plank...I meant Prog. And on second listen it wasn't really all that good. It wasn't the worst I've ever hear though. I'd love to hear some DMac commentary.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I think the TO's deserve extra venue fees. They make this **** possible and deserve compensation.

Top Bottom