• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 11 Results/Shoutouts

Dart

Smash Lord
BTW, someone took my black memory card and didn't put it back in my Wii.

On smash, it has a bunch of midsouth names.
Other data would includes Pikmin, FIFA. That's all I can remember at the moment.

I would like it back. It was my last memory card.
SO THAT WAS YOUR BLACK MEMORY CARD?! ****ing Darkatma walked up to me and told me it was mine and everybody was gone. thank god i held onto it. ill get it to you asap...most likely the next tourney we both go to though :/

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Anyone lose a Zune USB cable thing? I know I didn't bring my Zune and no one in my crew has one, so I was like wtf is this. I found it in the hotel room so it had to have been Pikachad's I would guess unless someone previously in the room lost it. In which case, they don't frequent Smashboards so I now have 2 Zune USB cable thingies if it isn't Pikachad's =P

-Chad-

Slackerator
uhh...oh sh-

*checks backpack*

I don't have mine, arg. I don't know how the hell that managed to happen, I didn't even listen to it while I Was there or anything hah

darkatma

Smash Hero
hey what was the entry count for singles and doubles?
lalala i can has read...

Hey mattR team with me next time just so I can be dark mattma lololol
I think our characters would suck together tho lol

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Shout Outs:

TJ and Lemon: Thx for housing us those couple of days, it is always fun hanging out with you kids. You know you are always free to come visit me in Chicago w/e you want.

Cunning: You are top 3 in the midwest if you decided to play in a tourney. Either way you did awesome in teams and thx for supporting me through the tourney.

Hofler/Nia/Jay: Good seein you kids. "Welcome to the jungle baaby.... you gonna diiiiieeeee" lol...

BunBun, Mr.H, Tomacawk, other Purdue guys: Was cool seein you guys again, thx for being my personal cheering section lawl.

Tink: I finally beat yo ***** ***, no johns. Good teamin son.

Quaz: I saw you did pretty **** good in the bracket, you need to stop getting nervous against me... you would prob beat my ***.

Vro: Keep up the spirits, "When i beat Ray Chun.... i let him know"

Dmac: Close games, i seem to play you in a lot of tourneys.

Darkrain: You beat me in pools, but i would have pwned you in bracket. Also, you should have went out with us and grabbed some beers/women. ;)

Midland guys: Good seeing you kids again, we will have to hang out sometime.

Jace: Go back to climbers! They are too good.

Chexr: Close games in teams and singles, good ****. You're prob the most underrated player in the region. Crafty veteran mother ****er

4%: Close games, at least you didn't lose to my falcon this time :p

Jman: Ok, i will finally accept the fact that you are better than me. ****.... i had a great time playing you tho, congrats on winning the whole thing.

Kels: You have become like Cunning, i can't seem to touch you anymore. I need to stop playing with you so much in Chicago.

PEEF: I had fun playing all those friendlies, don't get discouraged... it's a slow process. Thx for teaching my that handoff ledge grab, ima be practicin that next time i play.

Reneblade + friend: Nice meeting you guys, you are some cool kids. You have a pretty good falcon Reneblade, keep it up. Oh and good **** on uploading the vids so quickly.

AOB: Nice work running the tourney, i wish you would be more friendly to me though :( you are my hero after all.

Jake: LOL random as **** seeing you here..... Tell Luke that i was always a better bowser than his scrub ***.

Drephen,BigR,Natti,Dots: Good seeing all you boys, I was talkin to Watty about headin down in 3 weeks to party with you mother ****ers.

Dope/Eddie/Damian: You guys are scrubs for not coming.

Vorheese: Rocky Balboa of Smash

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Also, Kels and that eggm dude....

Don't pull that gay **** again, when you lose on a setup you rotate to the next player. That **** kinda pissed me off. Don't be ****ers and we are cool.

That being said... good seein you.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Hey Trail, by no means am I telling you how to play or anything but I was watching some vids of you as well as at the tourney and some vids of Wobbles and I noticed something you like never do that he does and it seems to pay off when he does it most of the time(nothing's going to work all the time of course). What I'm talking about is Wobbles will ledgehop -> waveland onto stage -> utilt. Seems to be really effective against the unaware spacy, and looks pretty safe if they shield it so long as you wavedash far enough to go behind their shield. Idk, just something I was thinking you could've done a couple times in your set against Jman. I forget if it's a SoPo thing only or not though =P Just thought I'd bring it up in case you might have the slight chance of having not known about it

Also a shoutout to that dude with the same name as me AKA David who played Sheik against me - Man I don't even like playing Fox vs. Sheik but dayum is it easier than Falcon vs. Sheik. That 3 stock hurt my Falcon's feelings =(

And DippnDots, where the frank were you this entire tourney? I really needed help on dat Sheik matchup son!

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
AOB: Nice work running the tourney, i wish you would be more friendly to me though :( you are my hero after all.
You mean like how I'm always so friendly to everyone else, cuz I'm such a friendly guy?

Lots of people said hi to me Saturday and I had no idea who they were.

BunBun

Smash Master
Trail was the brownish one who looks like a stereotypical bro.

Maybe i should have MM'd you so there could a be a little marth pride at the tourney. :laugh:
Yeah man. Those friendlies were mad close Let's Kirby/Marth MM next time.

Good stuff everyone! The mid-west is pretty awesome; definitely worth the trip from PA. :D
Vudujin! Thanks for coming and showing me that song on piano bro.

Quaz

Smash Master
lol ggs trail I actually wasn't nervous against you at all this time. You're just too good haha.

I got a pretty easy losers bracket btw. Im not saying they're all bad players but I placed above people that would beat the **** outta me haha.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Shoutouts.

JBM- WTF you sucked so bad at this tourney.

Marth- Unless you take first stock you FOCKING SUCK.

Fox- Best character in the game?

Falco- Better than fox but not the best character in the game?

N64- good matches bro.
Money- Nice peach. When you have control you have it just work on playing gay.
Vanz- Sick *** peach. Couldn't do anything to you with marth. Shoulda just went fox lol.
IHSB- your sick, but i shoulda beat you. GGz.
G$- Good thing we didn't ditto cuz i woulda had you this time. Your falco is tooo ****.
Kels- You have gotten way better dawg. Keep climbing you look promising.
Tomacawk- thank you for all the compliments, although i think i'm done playing marth. He just doesn't have what it takes it seems.

anyone who i played with ggs, this tourney had alot of great players.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
jman - congrats
kels - congrats, win for the MW next time :)
Trail - good stuff with ICs
Chad - left without knowing how far you would end up making it in LB, congrats!
tink - congrats on the placing
drephen - GG's in pools, I'm going to get even closer next time
HBK - despite getting demolished, you were the most fun match I had in pools (GG's)
IHSB - cool to see you again, fun friendlies, it's always weird to know I look so familiar lol
darkatma - good seeing you again, I can wait to play again
dmac - didn't get to play you this time
Jace - didn't get to play you again
smeesh - I need to play you sometime
4% apr - congrats on teams placing
shaeden - GG's in pools
sveet - good to see you again
JBM - great to see you again, place where you should next time!(don't give up Marth)
Tomacawk - congrats on making bracket, next time I'm expecting top 24 at worst (:( @ Taco Bell)
Geno - fun playing doubles friendlies with you & book
Ripple - sucks you had that pool
Alec - fun driving up with ya, thanks for saving me after the car trouble (keep improving!)
dart - congrats on making bracket
gooey - fun friendlies, I'll have to help you with something I noticed next time, k?
studly - fun friendlies, haven't played in a while
legion - didn't play this time :\
Anthony - fun teaming with you, we'll do better next time; dunno how you missed bracket
Vudujin - gg's from pools, so good with Luigi (it's a shame you had to play Drephen in loser's)
ARBY - I think I mixed you with somebody else at the tournament :\ (did we even meet?)
N64 - impressive Pika
Negromancer - fun playing with you again
Axe Ketchum - congrats on making brackets, now just get further!
Book - fun playing friendlies with you
Mendoza - gg's in pools
Lixivium - good to see you again
bzoo - didn't see you :( we still need to rematch
money - fun playing with you
Fluid - fun games in pools, wanted to do friendlies but I didn't see you after brackets started
Reneblade - nice seeing you again, no friendlies though :(
Shonic - gg's
Deez - fun friendlies & the beard
AOB - always neat to see you, thanks for starting SMYM
BunBun - cool to see you again
anyone else who was helping run this, or brought setups/power strips - thank you
anyone else I forgot - I'm sure you were friendly

dubs:
smeesh and JBM - ****, we totally had you guys and... we blew it! Next time, you 2 are going down :) GG's of course.
rezo and z - gg's in pools
other team in our pool - gg's, forgot your names :urg:

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Wish I could have done better, but fantastic tournament nonetheless.

People from Red Roof Inn:

Vudujin - Your Luigi is what I wish mine would be. Tell Zig St. Louis said hi. And that he's a scrub for missing every single tournament.
Minnty - You're definitely solid. Keep going to tournaments and I'm sure you can make an impact.
TheLake - I don't think we got to play much but thanks for coming.

People from pools:

Darkatma - Stop sandbagging me when we play friendlies
Aerosmashguy - You've inspired me to give up my main and play other characters. GGs.
G$ - You know your Marth is good when you beat my IC's, LOL
Jazzness - I choked, but I like your patient style. GGs.
Massive - I know I've played you before, I think at Event 51 maybe? GGs, you had me scared for sure.
Kail - I really shouldn't have won. Be confident against Sheiks like Kage, and don't SD when you're up two stocks.

Darkrain & Kels - Geno and I let you guys win.
Chris & Vino (Viro?) - You guys got gayed big time. Nice games.
Hoefler & ??? - You guys did really well against Darkrain & Kels. Nice games.
Seanson & Mundungu - I didn't think we would win but we did somehow. Peach on Brinstar is too gay.

People from brackets (oh that's right I didn't make it because I was in a deathpool, ****)

Dmac & IHSB - Who knew Samus could be so good on teams?
Brian & Al - Did you guys leave because you thought you were eliminated or something? LOL come on guys, learn the format.

Other peeps I played:

Geno - We got so lucky to make it out of pools. If only the brackets weren't so gay (what else is new)
Book - Stop losing to Dmac
AndaLe - Good matches, I'm surprised we didn't play any at Hot Dickings.
Gooey - You would probably have won every single friendly if it wasn't for all the SD's. Keep up the good work.
DoH - Exciting set against Darkatma.
VanZ - Your Peach is so fast, it's like my moves don't even come out. Good set against Darkrain.
JBM - Nice games, you Nebraska guys are troopers for coming to the Missouri/Illinois tournaments.

Anyone else I forgot - GGs all around.

People I saw but didn't play:

AOB - You were pretty much running SMYM anyways. Thanks for your work.
Pikachad - One of the most remarkable runs in a tournament I have ever seen. It's up there with Chu at OC2 or Mango at Pound 3.
Dekuschrub - Nice job getting top 10 (not); should have just left before singles like you did at Hot Dickings
Dart - Watch some Kage videos and use Ganon against Sheik. Problem solved.
Jman - I want to learn how to Up-Smash with Fox

I really didn't play very much this tournament, which is okay because I didn't get as sick of Smash as I have at previous SMYMs. This might be the last tournament I attend, certainly the last one I'll travel out of state for. Good luck and keep on playing everybody. May you feel improved every time you play (unlike me).

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
*psssstttt* Hey Lixi, AnDaLe didn't go to Hot Dickings. He was my accomplice on that mission failure to take the Springfield to STL AmTrak and etc. From what I understand they posted our story on the projector at the tourney even =P GGs and don't stop going to tourneys! Once I stop SD'ing I'm going to beat you up reallll gooddddddd!!!! I can't do that if you quit!

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
That one ganon dude from chicago (>_< sorry i forgot ur name) - nice playing u in friendlies and good stuff on winning the game deciding match in crews
the rest of u i don't remember - fun fun in crews
Also a shoutout to that dude with the same name as me AKA David who played Sheik against me
AnDaLe: That was I. You're the Falco player that I played a few falco ditto friendlies with before doubles started right? And yes, Crews were tons of fun.

Gooey: I think that was my good longtime buddy Douchebag Dave (DBD). Tall, arrogant jerk that talks a bunch with short brown hair and an asian gf? lawl

Look forward to playing you all again.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
Wish I could have done better, but fantastic tournament nonetheless.

People from brackets (oh that's right I didn't make it because I was in a deathpool, ****)
ROFL! dude, the TO's switched me and your pools. i'm reasonably sure that was one of the hardest pools in the entire tourney. that pool would make king kong cry coconuts

edit: i'll try to do shoutouts later

Lixivium

Smash Champion
ROFL! dude, the TO's switched me and your pools. i'm reasonably sure that was one of the hardest pools in the entire tourney. that pool would make king kong cry coconuts

edit: i'll try to do shoutouts later
Gee thanks a lot man. Instead of whatever easy pool I could have had, I got

G$ - 9th
Aerosmashguy - 13th
Darkatma - 13th (who's in my crew no less)
Jazzness - 33rd
Me
Massive
Kail

And I was THIS close to making it out too ARRGGHH

BunBun

Smash Master
Crap. I tried to have it so people didn't play crewmates in pools, but when there are this many people...Let's just say I had a hard time keeping track of who plays with who. I tried mah best!

Sorry Lix and DarkKatma

j00t

Smash Champion
My one complaint is that the pools and brackets were kinda inbalanced. Some people had really hard pools while others (like myself) had comparably easy pools. Many of the top names were on the lower end of the bracket.

I'm not really complaining (lol), but I feel that the tournament results would look a lot better if the pools were more evenly spread.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah there were lots of really easy pools in singles... for example me and ORLY both got 1st seed in our pools and got 25th overall. IDK who was in his pool but my pool had:

me
AOB
Book!
and 3-4 other people i'd never met/heard of including 2 players from the same crew (or seemed to be good friends)

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
that stuff kinda happens though. Unless they had like a pre reg so they could make the pools in advanced, you shouldn't really expect them to make the pools in a way that the 64 best people make it into bracket. Like it would take forever to go through 16(or whatever number) pools and do that kinda thing. I saw that ultima scout was in a pool with jman, and when he asked to be switched, they did so, and that is pretty solid TOing IMHO, cause people make mistakes, and if they can see that and are willing to fix it, no harm that I can see of.

but then again, this is coming from a person who made it to brackets because of what was prolly the easiest (the funnest though) pool. No disrespect to anyone in my pool, I couldn't sandbag at all, which is more than I can say for some pools I have been in. Cept jman, I let him win :-)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
my pool was stacked.

jbm
deku
vanz
and N64

no ****ing way I would have made it

Dart

Smash Lord
Peoria Crew: Step it up! :(

PSFM: GGs maybe next time our lineup will be better and i won't have to pull an M2K again. >.> p.s. im MMing your whole crew and showing you whats up ;)

Ripple: You got screwed twice! better luck next time :(

Samurai: Good **** mang, repping DAT MAD CUTE PIKA all ****in day!

Oranos: why is that we didn't play at all and talked for like 5 mins?

St Louis: GGs Darkatma sorry about raging off and Lixi get out of pools you're better than that. at least, you say you are :p

Deku: you pissed me off no lie...and i don't even know why. maybe i just get mad at losing Marth dittos for once in like almost an entire year.

Moogle: playing you really opened my eye to how gay sheik really can be vs an unready marth. GGs and last game was too good

Kels: Im going to beat you when i actually get to play you again, i have to stop being the best player nobody has ever heard of. You're the MW hero you gotta stop saying fox is bad and **** all those Coast players stealing our money :(

Vro: Friendlies were great, spacies are a bad choice against me. BUT DAT FALCON MANG. so slippery

Jazz: Cool seeing you again! too bad we didn't play :(

Al Cheato: you too we didn't get to play :(

********: Epic beard man, sorry for stealing your money! GGs train up that sheik and you'll be beating me in no time at all

Henrik: Pools were fun, our plan ended up not needing to be used, but i can't believe i dropped our set anyway. next time it will be different >:S

Ray Chun: Wow your fox was hella annoying, im disappoint you never played sheik. Fat Sandwich Company is always fun :D

Tink: Dude aren't you glad i helped you vs DAT WEEGEE? lets MM next time or what are you chicken? :p

Book: Sorry about not doing our MM :/

ORLY: you too sorry i never saw you

G$: GGs and good ****, thanks for showing me a little bit of the EC magic. it brought me hope for my ability to play up to their level someday.

Jman: Thanks for stealing MWs money. good **** though, your fox is so ****ing fast. 3 2 1 go! and they're already ****ing shine spiked or grabbed.

Vanz: i have little to no respect to sheik/puff mains let alone someone who uses both. but i guess those are johns, Darkrain is too good.

IHSB: When i played you it felt like Ken vs Hugs it was so epic...too bad i didn't win. GG's and next time we should MM for Nes Noobs sake *inside story*

Pikachad: You are basically my mentor on DI and matchups. you taught me everything during GFs at SMYM9 and thanks for all the friendlies! good **** at ****** losers and getting 4th

Handorin: sorry about your memory card...

Reneblade: You're like the brother id kill to have. we are like the best smashers nobody knows about yet. and we're gonna show them what the **** is up next time. We're turning that PK thunder into a TFG thunder and TFG stands for TOO ****ING GOOD

Peef: not impressed dude, ICs was a terrible choice. don't quit your falco or falcon. and get on my level

Shonic: you're a silly kid, and i use the term kid very strongly. maturity and smash are kind of side by side, as you mature so will your marth game cuz i will be your father marth. like Cactuar! :D

Lemon: You are the most chill guy ive ever met ever and thats neither a joke nor a hyperbole. we have to smash again, don't ever stop playing you are too good for that :p

Darkrain: You shouldn't sandbag against me just cuz you've never heard of me...i can surprise you. Now that ive had a taste of DAT Falcon im going to ruin it. here i come >:| BTW i need to rematch your wife :p hahaha

Trail: i need to play you, its gonna happen. you're pretty **** good.

Tacoom: Good **** with yoshi, was so surprised you wanted to MM My marth vs Yoshi but now i know to ban Mute vs him. GGs :D and thanks for the money :p

Legan: where the **** were you?! MY MAIIIIIIIIIIIIIN! oh i aimed for the lips this time just in case ;)

Zec: it was nice to finally play you for once, seeing the roots of the guy who trained the guy who brought me up in smash was sweet! surprised that i was actually keeping up and winning alot :D GGs

Thanks to the TOs and cant wait for the next SMYM.

in closing: Sheik is gay and next time im getting some money, no more getting ****ing sheik'd
Peace
<3 Dart, the greatest smasher you never heard of.

Quaz

Smash Master
fine Im bored I'll do shouts

jman - you're good but you're so anti-social it seems =\
me14k - lol you're still too good at this game too bad you had to leave
dart - your marth got a lot better I guess you still need to work on the peach matchup more? plus you kinda squandered in our mm I know you coulda done better
ray chun - man our set was hella close, I really had to pull it out to take you out
vanz - such a pleasure to play you as usual, plus we got to have pizza hut together! *memories*
Super R brothers - thanks for housing me and whipping me into shape for the tourney
deku-I expected you to place higher but I guess **** happens
foxchad - why did you have to switch to the darkside? =(
spacebawls - would have liked to play you
rts - yeah i dunno what happened you messed up a lot, I was lovin the mustache btw
trail - this fro got an easy bracket, shoulda been taken out by me in pools.
seanson - HI HOW ARE UR POOLS GOIN?!11!!
looshkin - thanx for keeping me company in my car
fluid and vino - *****es stole my zebra cakes
vudujin - can't believe I won that ness ditto MM your ness is so much better than mine haha. I stole some tricks from you.
tomacawk - sorry for the rage in teams, it was fun but **** we got wrecked and I feel I coulda changed that.
pools - thank you for being so whack =\

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah there were lots of really easy pools in singles... for example me and ORLY both got 1st seed in our pools and got 25th overall. IDK who was in his pool but my pool had:

me
AOB
Book!
and 3-4 other people i'd never met/heard of including 2 players from the same crew (or seemed to be good friends)
it was nice playing you btw, shoutouts to you!

-j00t

:p

Tacoom

Smash Lord
That douche Darkrain entered me in as yosh instead of Tacoom
he should know better

I dont recall many folks
I just dont pay attention much

gg to all it got a taste of a yosh
nice to see other sharp yoshi players

Aob, you can let smym die now

Top Bottom