• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

X1-12

Smash Champion
i prefer dthrow vs marth/fox since marth is sometimes hard to edgeguard. either i get a dthrow/tilt, or i can chase his roll in.
vs marth I check his % first, if I think he can grab the edge with just a double jump I D-throw, if he can't I F-throw then roll->lightshield edge hog. then if he lands on the stage bair or d-air dair chain to kill

unknown522

Some guy
I u-throw him a lot of times, because I can get at least 2 free hits, or just spike him if he DIs off the stage. F-throw is fine too, becuse you can cover yourself with lasers.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Loooool @ Nicaboy and druggedfox. XD

I think Falco loses the puff matchup now(55/45 tentatively) and I'll try to explain why in here or the matchup thread later.

I'm tired lol.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Falco vs Puff is the only matchup where "shoot more lasers" isnt the solution to the problem.

which is why I dont really know what to think about it. Sometimes I get bodied cuz i just make a few silly mistakes and get 2-3 stocked and its like "**** this is hard"

But then other times i make no mistakes and get off and im like "lol falco advantage u mad?!?"

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Falco vs Puff is the only matchup where "shoot more lasers" isnt the solution to the problem.

which is why I dont really know what to think about it. Sometimes I get bodied cuz i just make a few silly mistakes and get 2-3 stocked and its like "**** this is hard"

But then other times i make no mistakes and get off and im like "lol falco advantage u mad?!?"
man i totally disagree. i think falco vs puff is one of falco's only matchups where shooting more lasers DOES usually work.

there are situations where it doesnt, when your opponent is ridiculously good and makes platform camping look silly (see one or two brief instances of the last dr pp vs hbox set), but in general you can just keep shooting her. if i get a stock lead on a puff i'd much rather shoot careful lasers than do anything else.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Spamming lasers doesn't work on good Puffs.

Hopefully I'll be in a position to write a lot about the matchup tomorrow. It's very difficult to explain.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
you cant control puff with lasers tho, so its like all the commitment and less reward :/

i find shooting lasers when your in the lead vs puff isnt all that great. walling her with bairs and uptilts and dairs when you can is so much better i find.

strawhats

Smash Master
Loooool @ Nicaboy and druggedfox. XD

I think Falco loses the puff matchup now(55/45 tentatively) and I'll try to explain why in here or the matchup thread later.

I'm tired lol.
well...its certainly doable pp. You've proven that despite your recent losses to hbox. Also Mango went even with Hbox in a falco vs. puff MM at Apex.

They traded 3-2 sets mango losing the first MM and then winning 3-2 in a double or nothing. (mango is somewhat of an outlier, considering he just ***** the metagame right now).

You can do it Kevin.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ehhhhh

Dogy said(not to me) that both of us are learning at a similar rate now(though I could have won at CEO but I'd rather not talk about that due to personal things and stigmas about johns and such....he beats me now anyway) so, because of our characters(meaning the matchup) I may never beat Hbox.

I'll keep trying to find new things(like ways to kill...especially on DL geez that was frustrating) to do. I'm not giving up just yet.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Falco doesn't have to shoot Th0rn/Rubyiris level amounts of lasers, but Falcos lasers, and the properties of his moves in comparison to fox's makes it easier (imo) for falco to control the pace of the match.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ehhhhh

Dogy said(not to me) that both of us are learning at a similar rate now(though I could have won at CEO but I'd rather not talk about that due to personal things and stigmas about johns and such....he beats me now anyway) so, because of our characters(meaning the matchup) I may never beat Hbox.

I'll keep trying to find new things(like ways to kill...especially on DL geez that was frustrating) to do. I'm not giving up just yet.
Never give up bro :)
You gotta out smart him lol. Which is hard to do I suppose.
You got this, next time =D

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Durhamred and some other guy I don't know of.

I'll post a link to the channels when they start going up I guess?

Also hopefully the puff theory thing I wanna talk about happens today. Stupid to-do list.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
aight thanks. What is the most recent tourney u went to? and the most recent one with vidz?

I pretty much decided that Ive put too much time into technical bull**** to not use falco. So Im pretty much gonna be playing m2 fox falco now.

Right now Im working on my platform game, so any tips on how you use platforms could be useful, but I think videos of technical falcos would be most beneficial.

Mostly looking for using platforms to approach and combo.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
ahh man lol. u almost had me. Im not even tryin to watch you vs jim lol. But Ill peep ur m2 vids tho.

which of the 25 do u consider ur main?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I went to Tipped Off 6 last weekend so I guess that's what you'll be waiting on.

Vids? Umm probably whatever I have recorded from Battleaxe Chronicles 2(BAC2) is most recent.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ahh man lol. u almost had me. Im not even tryin to watch you vs jim lol. But Ill peep ur m2 vids tho.

which of the 25 do u consider ur main?
is this to me? i main peach lol, but im going all mewtwo in tournament from now on because its more fun

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Aight thanks PP. Ill be stackin it up in no time.

@stingers-thats pretty cool. have fun, if you ever want critiques or anything let me kno.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Hey PP,

If I posted a 5 match set, would you be willing to watch it (or part of it) and just give general advice? (Rather than point out specific times in the match like you normally do)

That way it wouldn't be asking you to super specific analyze it, just general stuff =D

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
In this set, we were also trying to have a bit of fun... so silly things like spamming side-b ledgecancels etc are intentional. Just a bit of a disclaimer, but the set is for the most part serious:

Match 1: http://sleepyk.blip.tv/file/4253008/
Match 2: http://sleepyk.blip.tv/file/4253010/
Match 3: http://sleepyk.blip.tv/file/4253012/
Match 4: http://sleepyk.blip.tv/file/4253013/
Match 5: http://sleepyk.blip.tv/file/4253014/

Thanks sooooo much. Please be as harsh as possible, I'm open to anything, and I know I could have fixed so many things just having analyzed them myself. No rush, just whenever you can would be amazing =D

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Finding a way to consistently kill good jiggs players is the most challenging aspect of the matchup IMO. This is true in pretty much all of Jiggs' matchups as far as I can tell too, lol. Other than Y.Link, **** that ***** just throws a bomb on Jiggs and stabs the crap out of her.

MacD

Banned via Administration
omg did you guys know if you full hop with falco his does a 360 at the height of his jump, it's so cool

and i have more fun with falco than fox, so i'll probably main falco now, gonna take you out in dittos pp!!!!!

i heard you aren't good at that match up :p

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm sure you've heard a lot of fun things about me lol.

While I'm brainstorming/thinking about posting my new thoughts on the Puff matchup today, does anyone have any suggestions on how to kill her? Hbox started DI'ing Uthrow but sometimes you can catch puff offguard with it. Dthrow just gets teched since it's so slow. If I can't CC to a move, am I just outta luck and going to have to fish for Bairs?

Top Bottom