• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V: "Low Tier" Player List

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
:zelda: Dark Hart
:zelda: TheLake
:zelda: UmbreonMow
:zelda: UsurperKingZant
:zelda: Zone
<3

Damn, now I really wish I could go

I ***** this luigi player once he threw his controller and admitted he was upset thinking if I lose to Zelda a low tier what chance so I have?? Reality check luigi Is pretty low himself :/
I've never had anyone get that mad, but I've definitely played friendlies against people who lose to me the first game we play and then quietly unplug their controller and leave while simultaneously checking to see if anyone noticed

It's really frustrating sometimes. There are very few people who will "let me play Zelda" for a long period of time.
Yeah, most of the people I play against will either refuse to play against a low tier or just not enjoy it all (especially if they're losing hehe).

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Wait, the Cape and UmbreonMow are coming? Awesome.

Funds are low on my end, but I'm gonna try really hard to make it.

D

Deleted member

wow, i didn't know anyone cared that much. i'll try not to disappoint you.

rhan

Smash Hero
The thing for me about most mid ~ bottom tier characters is that they're just straight up frustrating to play against. For example:

Mewtwo is difficult to get in on, and is difficult to KO at high percentages.

Pikachu is small, cannot be reliably approached from above or behind, and does very well versus my main.

Yoshi is difficult to KO and most combos can be interrupted by Yoshi's various defensive tools. Falco's grabs have no reliable follow up.

Ness is similar to Pikachu minus doing well versus Falco.

Doc, Samus, and Luigi turn games into a war of attrition. Falco can generally only get a few reliable hits on each of these characters and each of these characters have many things going for them against Falco, and each character is difficult to reliably approach.

On the contrary I love to play against Pichu, Kirby, Zelda, Roy, Link, Young Link, DK, and Mario.

@SB: I think certain characters should be excluded from this. Just because Doc and Samus aren't popular doesn't change the fact that they're actually good characters. I feel that even if they aren't high/top tier, they're still a significant step ahead of the rest of the cast.
Play me. And you will start to hate it.

To date I've had 6 people rage to me about my Young Link.

A Falco
A Ganon
2 Falcons
A Peach
And a Sheik.

Zone

Smash Champion
What did you do time them out with camping?? Lol

Reminds me I use to use a ledge stall mix up to trick foxes Into gimps when I got the lead because you can perfect stall to have invincibility 24/7 it's just strict timing and because of all the hate I stopped doing it cuz it's basically Zelda camping.

rhan

Smash Hero
What did you do time them out with camping?? Lol

Reminds me I use to use a ledge stall mix up to trick foxes Into gimps when I got the lead because you can perfect stall to have invincibility 24/7 it's just strict timing and because of all the hate I stopped doing it cuz it's basically Zelda camping.
Against Peach it's usually a time out because it's who can camp the longest without getting bored. And I work on a Assembly Line. I'm pretty sure my patience is higher then any smasher. But the others either just rage and try to catch up with me or just say "**** this" and rage quits and CP's either character and/or stage.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

too good sethlon!!!! i hear you with the funds. its tough these days. ive got a 10% flight discount with airtran if that helps at all >.<

it would be good to see another oldschool head one last time! SO MUCH OLDSCHOOL

mwaahah

The Cape

Smash Master
You should impart something in which they fight me for some kind of special benefit. I love a good throw down.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm not a competitive melee player, but I've always been interested in seeing Low and "Mid" tier characters play (or just obscure characters in general) so this seems pretty interesting to me. Could you guys record as many of these as you can?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Play me. And you will start to hate it.

To date I've had 6 people rage to me about my Young Link.

A Falco
A Ganon
2 Falcons
A Peach
And a Sheik.
I play with GG7's campy ***, I'm good at catching items, and fairly good at power shielding.

I'll manage.

People need to learn that I'm not like other players. Play styles don't irritate me.

The Cape

Smash Master
I play with GG7's campy ***, I'm good at catching items, and fairly good at power shielding.

I'll manage.

People need to learn that I'm not like other players. Play styles don't irritate me.
Play me when I get going. I think I can get you going.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
meh pika and yoshi are both boring and or irritating characters to play against.

also i realize that i neglected to mention that i love fighting gnws. that character is so much fun.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Play me when I get going. I think I can get you going.
I wish I got to play you when you were in SV.

But yeah players/play styles generally don't irritate me. Certain mid/low tier characters and my own mistakes are the only things in SSBM that truly irritate me.

Zone

Smash Champion
meh pika and yoshi are both boring and or irritating characters to play against.

also i realize that i neglected to mention that i love fighting gnws. that character is so much fun.
Sounds like someone got ***** by a pikachu and a yoshi and also recently ***** a GnW player

Lol wut??

Zone

Smash Champion
Compare playstyles to characters there
Yeah I already caught that but I don't see how fighting pikachu or yoshi can be more annoying than a camping young link not afraid to time you out.

I'd rather fight a pikachu or yoshi than a campy fox/ young link anyday. But I guess it's opinions I just can't imagine someone preferring that :/

strawhats

Smash Master
nah man...you'd prob still make me tap in marth vs. mario. I strarted out as a mario main thanks to guys like you and green mario, eggz, and brown mario.

Also Malcolm M, and Dark Musician (Zelda)...wish those guys could go.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I personally find it easier to deal with campy players.

@Zone:

It's not necessarily that I lost to a yoshi and a pikachu player, or any of the other characters i showed dislike for earlier in the thread. the characters are all either boring to fight against, or irritating to deal with regardless if I'm winning or losing and ultimately sucks the fun out of SSBM for me.

Pi

Smash Hero
yea i want to play you all if i'm not too busy winning money in mm's
i'd like to see how i handle campy playstyles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom