• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V: "Low Tier" Player List

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cape

Smash Master
I keep telling you Plank, I can make just about anything work out. Why dont people ask me for help more often? :-p

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Plairnkk, Cape you both are too awesome... n_n;..

Plairnkk, how much room for housing is there... that'll be a bit rough too.. but anything helps... even tho im sure Cape is covering, what needs to be covered....anything I can get i'll gladly take n_n;

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
pound is the best place to get videos ever...obviously....as far as housing goes it's tough vman cuz since the venue IS the hotel and is 24 hours like everyone is staying there...even locals...cuz they dont wanna miss the experience. me and my gf got a room for 3 nights so i cant really house anyone in there...but if the hotel is totally not an option we can tryyy to figure something else out. but you will miss out on lots of convenience, playtime, and epicness.

D

Deleted member

I play Zelda a lot more than most people think, but a lot of people just don't like playing aginst her.
hmm, for me i used to really enjoy ranked low tier sets. so I'd play like DJN in zelda vs bowser, or taj in zelda vs mewtwo, or a LOT of zelda dittos. I never lost a zelda ditto in my entire smash career until i played thelake at pound 4 cause i hadn't played in like 4 months. he won the first match and i won the second and i was like w/e you can have it cause i played like poopie. it used to be fun because i was good at it, but i hate the idea of losing "the title" but not enough to drive to tournaments for practice. so now when people use low tiers and I have zelda selected, I just pull a plank and use sheik because **** it.

idk maybe i'll practice more so i don't scrub out again. i used to get a LOT of low tier challenge matches and i really did enjoy them.

Vist

Smash Champion
yo vist... Did I play team friendlies with you vs Scar and Greg at HERB2? I think I was playing sheik at the time...
Hmmmm yeah that sounds about right; I vaguely remember playing them in teams friendlies for a couple matches with someone. Amazing memory btw... Oh man I was probably really awful and rusty back then too lmao

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Hmmmm yeah that sounds about right; I vaguely remember playing them in teams friendlies for a couple matches with someone. Amazing memory btw... Oh man I was probably really awful and rusty back then too lmao
iirc we won those friendlies, so you must not have been playing that badly since I'm unknown NC scrub # whatever lol

and thanks, I have a weird memory...

Zone

Smash Champion
Maybe just an NC thing, but for some reason a lot of people get mad when I play Zelda
It's not just nc. Most people don't want to fight mine either.

I ***** this luigi player once he threw his controller and admitted he was upset thinking if I lose to Zelda a low tier what chance so I have?? Reality check luigi Is pretty low himself :/

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I'll butt**** your Zelda with Young Link.

No condoms son.
bring it, *****

I request many friendlies this weekend

Damn, that's kind of upsetting.

I haven't come across that yet.
Yea idk people see my high tiers and are like "why don't you just play them? You're so good with X, Y, and Z; and Zelda sucks. Play a really character."

It's really frustrating sometimes. There are very few people who will "let me play Zelda" for a long period of time.

rhan

Smash Hero
bring it, *****

I request many friendlies this weekend

Yea idk people see my high tiers and are like "why don't you just play them? You're so good with X, Y, and Z; and Zelda sucks. Play a really character."

It's really frustrating sometimes. There are very few people who will "let me play Zelda" for a long period of time.
Haha I won't mind playing against Zelda. It'll probably be more fun then Peach. Those matches definitely last almost the entire 8 minutes.

Also if you're character ain't pissing them off you're playing this game wrong.

Zone

Smash Champion

this is the reason I have high tiers to begin with not that I'm dissappointed I got good with them.

D

Deleted member

i was the same until i realized i was better against top players with zelda than any other character.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
this is the reason I have high tiers to begin with not that I'm dissappointed I got good with them.
Before I learned out competitive smash, most of my favorite characters to play just happened to by high tiers. Falco/Marth/Falcon (and Doc) lol

Then I learned about competitive melee and tourneys and tiers and didn't really pay attention to low tiers. I really just enjoyed playing with Fox and Peach and all the higher tiered characters.

Then one day I forgot to switch to Sheik at the beginning of a match and I happened to just play Zelda and fell in love with the character lol.

AXE 09

Smash Master

This is exactly how I feel, except with Pikachu (and other low tiers I wanna play). You're not alone :(

Cape and Plank... You guys are amazing

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The thing for me about most mid ~ bottom tier characters is that they're just straight up frustrating to play against. For example:

Mewtwo is difficult to get in on, and is difficult to KO at high percentages.

Pikachu is small, cannot be reliably approached from above or behind, and does very well versus my main.

Yoshi is difficult to KO and most combos can be interrupted by Yoshi's various defensive tools. Falco's grabs have no reliable follow up.

Ness is similar to Pikachu minus doing well versus Falco.

Doc, Samus, and Luigi turn games into a war of attrition. Falco can generally only get a few reliable hits on each of these characters and each of these characters have many things going for them against Falco, and each character is difficult to reliably approach.

On the contrary I love to play against Pichu, Kirby, Zelda, Roy, Link, Young Link, DK, and Mario.

@SB: I think certain characters should be excluded from this. Just because Doc and Samus aren't popular doesn't change the fact that they're actually good characters. I feel that even if they aren't high/top tier, they're still a significant step ahead of the rest of the cast.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The whole point of this thread is for players who main unpopular characters to find other players who main unpopular characters. Yeah, Samus and Doc might be good-ish characters, but I don't get to play against them often. That's why I'm including them, for my own and anyone else's benefit.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
The whole point of this thread is for players who main unpopular characters to find other players who main unpopular characters. Yeah, Samus and Doc might be good-ish characters, but I don't get to play against them often. That's why I'm including them, for my own and anyone else's benefit.
LMAO. Ppl be trippin lol. If somebody in here is too high on the tier list for your liking...just dont play em lol.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Characters like the mario bros, and Link/Pikachu/DK are "good-ish".

Samus and Doc are just straight up good.

>_>

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
different opinions on "good." to me samus and doc are goodish, mario bros, link/pika/dk are "okay"

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Fair enough. I have a pretty high opinion of some of the mid/low tier characters. They have the tools to win, but are outclassed by just how much better the high/top tier characters.

DK is a character I'm iffy about, however. I feel like DK is a very one-dimensional character. What he wants to do is inherently telegraphed, but is so good at what he wants to do that it doesn't matter sometines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom