• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
Just saw it. Hopefully they'll toss us a small teaser video later in the show. Maybe in the side conferences afterwards.

I'm pretty satisfied with the new system. 1st day buy for me so far. I don't like the name though.

I'll be back after it's over.

Im confused. When was it announced? Did I miss something?

:phone:

At e3...you mean you aren't watching it?

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
Is Wii-u just the controller? They haven't shown the console itself yet have they?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Just saw it. Hopefully they'll toss us a small teaser video later in the show. Maybe in the side conferences afterwards.

I'm pretty satisfied with the new system. 1st day buy for me so far. I don't like the name though.

I'll be back after it's over.

At e3...you mean you aren't watching it?
I was but I came in late. Did Reggie just mention it in passing?

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
Ok. Just what i expected. SSB4 was annoucned but no screens or nothing cause it's not even in deveolpment yet.
That's basically what he said when announcing it, but there is still a chance for a cgi teaser of some sort later in the show.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
it's exactly what happened at the brawl announcement... iwata says that smash is already in development and sakurai is asked to make it... beginning development after he announces his announcement...
i barely saw... there are about 31 users here... it's not going fast enough...

Hoots

Can Be Combative
So were going to learn nothing about the new game this e3? That sucks. Does this mean Round Cactus was a troll?

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
WiiU
: /
Whoever is naming their systems needs to be fired. If it IS only a controller, no console, it should have been called something different. Maybe its just an add-on to the Wii? Your disk and such go into the Wii and you run them from it, but its all interactive with the WiiU controller?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
There was a brief mention that there would be some kind of tie in between 3ds and the Wii U whether that means two new smash bros is still uncertain. I would like to think that there will be a Wii U one and a 3DS one because I want my HD Smash Bros.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
WiiU
: /
Whoever is naming their systems needs to be fired. If it IS only a controller, no console, it should have been called something different. Maybe its just an add-on to the Wii? Your disk and such go into the Wii and you run them from it, but its all interactive with the WiiU controller?
No, it's not only a controller. It was clearly mentioned that the console does all the processing and the controller is in no way a portable system.

Nintendo 3DS's name is Nintendo DS with a 3 too.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I honestly liked e3. I got a few things I wanted. No Paper Mario 3D or Pikmin 3, but! Dual-console Smash Bros.? Oh yes. And Luigi's Mansion 2? Woot woot. :3

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
No, it's not only a controller. It was clearly mentioned that the console does all the processing and the controller is in no way a portable system.
But they didn't show or mention the console itself. It just made the whole thing awkward.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Happy to hear the announcement of a Smash game for both 3DS and Wii U....

Dissapointed to hear Sakurai is leading both of them.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Controller does a nice job of satisfying Nintendo's gimmick market while also allowing core flexibility. Basically, it can act like the standard controller you've been missing and do everything else too. That's pretty nice.

EA partnership is fantastic news. Visuals are good. 3rd party line-up is impressive. First party line-up being non-existant is a little disappointing. No price point is worrisome. Name is lame. Button placement is awkward. Smash Bros helps.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I think this is going to be completely AWESOME. I'm just happy we got an announcement, and a portable Smash Bros? Smash Bros with HD graphics? Come on.

Be happy!

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oh! and Zelda 4 swords is free too, right? that makes vaati is current again!

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
the wii-u is a new console, its not just a wii2, wii2 doesnt have the graphics capability that the wiiu trailers showed.. and those hardcore titles to be released on the wiiu are nice... obviously the smash bros 4 for the console and a smash for the 3ds make me VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY!!! about time we get something back from nintendo... time to start gathering a wish list for smash bros 4... lets start with k.rool and boy was that zelda gameplay clip nice or what? holy crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom