• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
y'know, i wasn't going to be here on the boards today considering the... y'know, but people aren't spamming enough... it's actually fun reading.

Steam

Smash Hero
Still not liking the idea of two smashes... something tells me smash DS will be a dumbed down version of the normal one... which I'm hoping for so I don't have to buy the DS version.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
that whole performance was just a hype-fest. Too much confusing hints dropped and not enough confirmation on the console.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
They just said on G4 that Nintendo is showing the "console" itself online, brb going to look.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I want both Melee and Brawl air dodges mapped to different shoulder buttons.
L-cancelling would be greatly appreciated too.

Oh I can't wait to get online to play Smash bros again.. To me it was merely yesterday when we got on those sucky online battles for the first time.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Still not liking the idea of two smashes... something tells me smash DS will be a dumbed down version of the normal one... which I'm hoping for so I don't have to buy the DS version.
Im worried it may not even be that. I feel like both will he horribly dumbed down and not really a true sequel to Brawl. And as much as Sakurai is a crazy person, I loved Brawl. Favorite of the series.

:phone:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I hope the controller screen won't have anything to do with it. The screen won't be big enough to really play a match on it, and I hope they don't add like a menu to the controller screen that you would have to look at.

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
I think this is the console. Looks like a wii and 360 mixed lol. Awesome design.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Does anyone have the EXACT text of what Iwata said about Smash 4? I am curious if it is even in development.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
He said he wasn't going into detail.

He just mentioned it. Something about he shouldn't go much into it because Sakurai is busy with Kid Icarus.

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have the EXACT text of what Iwata said about Smash 4? I am curious if it is even in development.
I can't seem to find it online

He basically said that he and Sakurai had been discussing it and came to the agreement that the next SSB should be on 3ds and wii u. He then talked about how Sakurai was busy with Kid Icarus. He then promised that SSB was coming and it would be on 3ds and wii u.

He really didn't go into any detail.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I think it was something like Sakurai could take up development of Smash for both consoles.
Anyway, don't expect Smash soon

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Nintendo's replaying their presentation, so it might take a while. I'll summarize my memory: Iwata said that he spoke to Sakurai about his next game after Uprising, then said should a new Smash be for WiiU or the 3DS. Then, Sakurai said (according to Iwata) why not both.

I'm going off of memory.

D

Deleted member

I absolutely cannot wait for Smash 4. I will be getting this game for sure.

That said, I think Smash 4 on 3DS and Smash 4 on Wii-U will be different.

Steam

Smash Hero
Im worried it may not even be that. I feel like both will he horribly dumbed down and not really a true sequel to Brawl. And as much as Sakurai is a crazy person, I loved Brawl. Favorite of the series.

:phone:
since lucario was in it it was my favorite by default. and it probably always will be lol.

D

Deleted member

He said a few months back he had a conversation with Sakurai about which console to put the new Smash on, so obviously it couldn't have been far in development at that point.
Which in this case, I would expect the game to come around sometimes between late 2013 and late 2014.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Edited the first post, which was made 3 years ago. Do note that the new Smash will likely not come out for 2-3 years as development is early/not started yet.

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
Kid Icarus should be basically finished by now, so SSB could hypothetically be far enough into development that they could at least discuss it further than just dropping the announcement. I think we might hear more in the conferences later.

I would guess that it would be released winter 2012- summer 2013

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
But, Kid Icarus could have been finished for months. I mean, we have tons of gameplay videos and english voice acting. It just takes time to prepare it for release. SSB4 could have been in development for months already.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
But, Kid Icarus could have been finished for months. I mean, we have tons of gameplay videos and english voice acting. It just takes time to prepare it for release. SSB4 could have been in development for months already.
Nintendo poured an obscene amount of resources into developing Brawl, and that still took 2 years to develop. SSB4 is coming out for two different consoles. Even if development has started for months (which is doubtful) then it would still take AT LEAST 2-3 years to finish.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Obviously, we are talking about details. He could drop some hints as to which characters are planned or something

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
Don't you all love the *******s at g4 that just had Reggie in their grasp and didn't ask him to elaborate on SSB4?

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Hopefully they will go into detail a little more in the later conferences, or Sakurai might say something on his twitter/the dojo soon. Even if development hasnt started they have a plan and a theme in mind. They can atleast say what they are aiming for and address the changes that it might go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom