• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think this indicates that one of these things:
- A huge third-party game that is really strong in quality and popular
- A new Nintendo IP
- F-zero
- Star Fox
- Super Smash Bros. 4

It's very unlikely we'll get anything else. But man does those choices sounds good.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Some of us were just assuming "chase me down" could be in reference to F-Zero, since he mentions "Nintendo fans". Although he could just mean that generally and the game itself doesn't have to be from Nintendo, in which case could mean Grand Theft Auto V.

Supposedly we will get another hint before the conference tomorrow from him.

EDIT: For those not aware "him" is Lucas Thomas from IGN teasing a new game.
Cool...I would Love for most of the rumors to be true (except SSB Paradise) that will make my day :)...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think this indicates that one of these things:
- A huge third-party game that is really strong in quality and popular
- A new Nintendo IP
- F-zero
- Star Fox
- Super Smash Bros. 4

It's very unlikely we'll get anything else. But man does those choices sounds good.
Look at the clue, that has something to do with the game itself.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't know with the new console but I would really like to see a Starfox game with the wii motion plus. I really liked the flying game in Wii sports resort and using that into a starfox game would be amazing.

I know Miyamoto wanted this but couldn't get the original developer to do it. The Developer from Devil May Cry series wanted to do it though.

Panta

Smash Cadet
Why do people hate on Ness and Jigglypuff so much? Both of them have been in the game from the beginning, yet from certain people, Sakurai is tentative only letting them continue to be a part of the Smash franchise?

To be honest, I don't think we need anymore Mario reps. If anything, Geno, because he sounds like a cool character that could have magic, which is rarely seen in the Mario universe. His possible move set could be awesome, plus he has a cooler character model than Bowser Jr.

Lucas is an annoying character to play in my opinion. :| I would rather have a hit or miss character than a doomed combo character.

Ridley would be a pretty cool character and I could see him playing as a Zero Suit Samus with Metaknight flight styled flight.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Alrighty! Thanks for the feedback regarding my previous rosters. I wanted to get this up before E3 so I could have a bit of fun in case any newcomers are announced.

Included are my reasons for drops, which no doubt are the most sensitive to people.

Veteran Drops;
I had to take into account: Will Smash 4 break away from Classical Sakurian rosterization? If it did, like many are thinking, this will drastically change the roster one way or another. With a new team, a new priority emerges, and a serious reevaluation of characters are bound to take place.

Also, every fighting game has turnover. It's inevitable. Characters fall by the wayside, franchises flounder. It's the industry, and the design will reflect that.

Jigglypuff: No longer a pokemon icon, even in Japan. Kept in as a Joke character. There are more deserving pokemon representatives. Besides, why have yet another Gen 1, when cutting Jiggly allows for either 4 or 5 a place.
Wolf: Dropped in favor of Krystal, who is a female and lead character. Dropped instead of Falco due to the blue birds popularity.
Toon Link: If a cell-shaded rep is truly required, Tingle fills this role.
Lucas: Unfortunately, his game never left Japan, and Nintendo has pulled the plug on the series as a whole.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Its Grand Theft Auto V, not a new F-Zero. Unfortunately, F-Zero is dead.
Sayz who? Ur probably the only one that thinks that. I for one am looking forward to a new F-zero. If nintendo's system is as powerful as rumors claim they can do a lot to make to game very appealing.

-Remastered Metal/Rock Soundtrack (Part of the reason F-zero was good was cause of the music)
-New graphics engine and game mechanic (A new game Mechanic isn't necessary but expected)
-Online Multiplayer (This for me is huge cause theirs so much Nintendo can do with it.)

A dream of mine was to see an F-Zero with 30 Player online racing. This may seem crazy but that would be freaking Sick!! I'd be against the idea of this if it was like Mario Kart. The items would have destroyed the online but even so Mario Wii was crazy fun with 12 player online. With F-Zero being 30 player I can imagine how crazy intense the matches would be and how much skill it would require to get in first.

Don't get me wrong. I am a practical person. 30 player online on a nintendo system really is pushing it. It's something that most likely won't happen any time soon. But the possibility is there and would make the game real fun. But then again those are just my thoughts. Is there anyone who agrees or want to try and expand the idea of this F-zero?

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
In F-Zero you aren't chasing anybody, you are racing. Blatant fanboyism there. Its too vague of a hint to deduce anything from it.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
In F-Zero you aren't chasing anybody, you are racing. Blatant fanboyism there. Its too vague of a hint to deduce anything from it.
When me an my brother would play my brother would try to win the race and I would fall back and try to take everybody else out. I also did this in Mario Kart.

I don't think the series is dead since it has been producing very good games. I would be expecting an F-Zero game for the 3DS soon. That would be crazy looking.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty! Thanks for the feedback regarding my previous rosters. I wanted to get this up before E3 so I could have a bit of fun in case any newcomers are announced.

Included are my reasons for drops, which no doubt are the most sensitive to people.

Veteran Drops;
I had to take into account: Will Smash 4 break away from Classical Sakurian rosterization? If it did, like many are thinking, this will drastically change the roster one way or another. With a new team, a new priority emerges, and a serious reevaluation of characters are bound to take place.

Also, every fighting game has turnover. It's inevitable. Characters fall by the wayside, franchises flounder. It's the industry, and the design will reflect that.

Jigglypuff: No longer a pokemon icon, even in Japan. Kept in as a Joke character. There are more deserving pokemon representatives. Besides, why have yet another Gen 1, when cutting Jiggly allows for either 4 or 5 a place.
Wolf: Dropped in favor of Krystal, who is a female and lead character. Dropped instead of Falco due to the blue birds popularity.
Lucas: Unfortunately, his game never left Japan, and Nintendo has pulled the plug on the series as a whole.
I can't see Jiggly, or any of the other characters from the first game, being dropped. Also, she has a unique moveset which I don't see any of the characters you listed adopting such a moveset. If you have to drop a pokemon rep drop Lucario. Also, why have two versions of the same character (Mario)? In past games it was because they always wanted to enlarge the roster at the last second with clones. And there's more then enough Mario reps in that roster too.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
I can't see Jiggly, or any of the other characters from the first game, being dropped. Also, she has a unique moveset which I don't see any of the characters you listed adopting such a moveset. If you have to drop a pokemon rep drop Lucario. Also, why have two versions of the same character (Mario)? In past games it was because they always wanted to enlarge the roster at the last second with clones. And there's more then enough Mario reps in that roster too.
Couldnt Starfy use some of Jigglypuff's moves? I would image that every A attack would work, and with similar coding, some of the B moves.

-------

Uh...during G4's Nintendo pre-show they just said something about Zelda Universe and even had a video thing in the background showing random Zelda stuff, apparently they believe the rumors or they would have just mentioned a 25th anniversary game.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord

Veteran Drops;

This is okay but I don't like a few things. I see no reason to remove Wolf, Jigglypuff, or Lucas. I don't think Stafy should be in since he was basically a joke character as an assist trophy. I also refuse to have Tingle replace Toon Link. I despise Tingle and should have been left in Majora's Mask. Toon Link represents the young link and the classic series like Wind Waker, NES, Link to the Past, Spirit Tracks, etc.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
toonlink (IF HE STAYS) will probably be replaced with young link again. He wont be a clone anymore either, since Skyward Sword Link will probably have the whip and bug.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
dawn of the new day is after it ends...

anyways... that guy in the white for SSB4!! ahhh.

i kid... im not a fanboy... im a fanman.

Just saw the Wii U... i hate the name.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
announce what? that new zelda that doesn't look like skyward sword at all?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
ahh... okay. i really like that when he used the zapper and the controller as a scope... it was so epic... but that has nothing to do with smash so disregard this mostly.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I ****ING CALLED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!ONE!!!!!!!one!!!!!1111!

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
they should have had the Miis in there from the beginning instead of giving random toads a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom