• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I always thought something similar to El Fuerte in Street Fighter IV would be a good base for Toad. Both are small (well, Fuerte's just the shortest male character), fast, and strong (as in lifting) characters and we have yet to have any characters aside from Sonic with a strong mixup game.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Toad can be really cool and all, but does anyone know of a possible moveset for him? Im sure they could make it work, but im just not sure how interesting it would be. I looked up Fawful and he seems neat, but he appears to be very obscure as well. As far as Square goes, since the secret characters in sports mix were final fantasy characters, what would be so impossible about scoring Geno?

:phone:
Well right off the bat you have the Spore counter that Peach does and you have the vegetable throw (which he's better at it then peach). He's known for he speed and strength and should be able to pick up opponents and run with them (like DK). Also looking at that head he could use it to his advantage with a spinning drill attack. In Mario Wii he could do everything that Mario and Luigi could do. You also have the Go Kart which could play similarly to Wario's bike. You could also take things from Mario party like mini games. Also he would have the worst taunts with "I'm the Best!", "Hey!", and "Yahoo!"

If Square wanted to promote Geno wouldn't you think he would have shown up in some of the sport mixes?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I really like Toad and it's probably my first pic when it comes to Mario 2 or Super Mario Bros Wii. He's also the best driver in Mario Kart games. I actually did some research and the Toad that is often mention as the Main Toad (like the Main Yoshi) is the captain of Peach's Guard.

I beat Dragon Warriors 1 and played Dragon Warriors 2 but that's it. Spells like Hurt and Hurtmore I always thought it was funny.
One of the most curious things about SmashBoards is how much Toad is requested here. At GameFAQs and IGN, few people want him playable and its mostly just Bowser Jr. they support (with a few Geno fanboys thrown in). Personally, I think Toad is the most deserving of the Mario characters not yet playable. Toad is also among the few characters that I actually want to see playable in Smash 4. I primarily like Toad because of how much I enjoy Wario's Woods, which is my favorite puzzle game of all time.

Also, one thing to keep in mind. In addition to having a E3 conference this year, Nintendo will be having events during Tuesday evening and Wednesday evening that have some new unveils.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm betting SSB4 will be shown in one of those events rather than the conference, like SSBB was in 2006.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
welp, microsoft just announced the next halo. I may not be getting smash now
I'm not sure how well that version will turn out. It's not being made by Bungie. But that's off topic. : P

One of the most curious things about SmashBoards is how much Toad is requested here. At GameFAQs and IGN, few people want him playable and its mostly just Bowser Jr. they support (with a few Geno fanboys thrown in). Personally, I think Toad is the most deserving of the Mario characters not yet playable. Toad is also among the few characters that I actually want to see playable in Smash 4. I primarily like Toad because of how much I enjoy Wario's Woods, which is my favorite puzzle game of all time.

Also, one thing to keep in mind. In addition to having a E3 conference this year, Nintendo will be having events during Tuesday evening and Wednesday evening that have some new unveils.
I don't think I've previously stated this in this thread but I also think Toad would be the best Mario rep to add. Bowser Jr would be a good one as well though. Geno would be okay.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was wondering...if Classic Megaman got in and he could copy abilities, do you think he'd get D3's DownB? I'll elaborate on it eventually (likely a while from now cuz of E3), but I'm just wondering.
You know... I have some ideas for Mega Man's special weapons he may use if he copied characters. Most of them are based on actual Robot Masters and special weapons he get from them... and some of them are kinda modified to fit Nintendo characters.

- Mega Man copies Donkey Kong. Mega Man uses a modified version of Super Arm (Guts Man) where he throws barrels at enemies... referencing the Donkey Kong arcade.

- Mega Man copies Sheik. Mega Man uses Needle Cannon (Needle Man) where he rapidly shoots small cone-shaped projectiles by holding down the B button. This is inspired by Sheik's B move where she throws needles.

- Mega Man copies Tingle. Mega Man uses a modified version of Jewel Satellite (Jewel Man) where he creates four Rupees that encircle him as an offensive shield. This is a reference to Tingle's relationship with Rupees.

- Mega Man copies Fox. Mega Man uses Gemini Laser (Gemini Man) where he shoots lasers that can bounce off walls and floors. This is loosely based on Fox's B move where he shoots lasers even though they don't bounce off surfaces.

- Mega Man copies Ivysaur. Mega Man uses Leaf Shield (Wood Man) where he creates a shield made of razor-sharp leaves (Razor Leaf) that he can use to shoot with.

- Mega Man copies Pikachu. Mega Man uses Thunder Wool (Sheep Man) where he creates a thunder cloud that strikes the ground with lightning bolts as it moves along the ground.

- Mega Man copies Marth. Mega Man uses Flame Sword (Sword Man) where he can charge and strike much like how Roy used to do in Melee. This, of course, refers to Roy's and Ike's fire-based B moves.

- Mega Man copies Medusa. Mega Man uses Search Snake (Snake Man) where he shoots snakes that run around the stage like the Hothead does. This is inspired by Medusa's association with snakes.

- Mega Man copies Captain Falcon. Mega Man uses a modified version of Charge Kick (Charge Man) where he does his variation of Captain Falcon's Down B move... complete with flames.

- Mega Man copies Ice Climbers. Mega Man uses Ice Slasher (Ice Man) to shoot arrow-shaped projectiles that can freeze opponents at high percentages. Why Ice Slasher? Because Ice Man and the Ice Climbers dress very similar!

- Mega Man copies Olimar. Mega Man uses Plant Barrier (Plant Man) to create a shield of petals. It functions the same as Leaf Shield, of course, but it is more colorful, not just green. It is inspired by the fact the Pikmin are basically sentient plants.

- Mega Man copies R.O.B. Mega Man uses a modified version of Top Man's attack (not special weapon) where he shoots gyros instead of tops.

- Mega Man copies Duck Hunt Dog. Mega Man uses a modified verison of Hornet Chaser (Hornet Man) where he shoots out ducks that chase down enemies.

- Mega Man copies Little Mac. Mega Man uses Hard Knuckle (Hard Man) where he shoots a projectile shaped like a boxing glove.

- Mega Man copies Mii. Mega Man uses Rebound Striker (Strike Man) where he throws Pokeball-sized baseballs at enemies. This is a reference to Mii's association with Wii Sports, or more specifically, the baseball game.

- Mega Man copies Starfy. Mega Man uses a modified version of Top Spin (Top Man) where he does Ryu's famous spinning kick from Street Fighter games. This is inspired by Starfy's main method of attacking - spinning.

- Mega Man copies Takamaru. Mega Man uses Shadow Blade (Shadow Man) where he shoots shurikens at enemies like boomerangs. This is based on one of Takamaru's weapons in The Mysterious Murasame Castle, the shuriken.

As for the others, I haven't come up with any ideas yet... but it is real fun imagining how Mega Man's special weapons would be like if he copied the Smash fighters. :)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Event Match Ideas

Now with a new page to start this on, I would like to share some ideas I thought of for Smash 4's Event Matches. The list focuses on different characters, and while ALL are hypothetical, some are even moreso.
Samus
-Metroid Rampage: 8 metroids are on the loose. The metroids will be the assist trophy form, but for this match, they can be harmed.
-Princess Samus!?: Bowser thinks that Samus is another princess. Little does he know... (ZS Samus)

Toad
-The Mushroom Retainer: Bowser's attacking, and Mario's nowhere to be found! Its up to Toad to protect Peach.
-Lost in the crowd: Toad and Yoshi team up to fight a Toad and a Yoshi.

Little Mac
Donkey Kong, Title Defense: DK wants a rematch against Little Mac.

Pokemon Trainer
-Tactical Trainer: You must battle 3 starter pokemon who can only be harmed by their type's weakness. Use your water type for the fire pokemon, fire for the grass, and Pikachu for the water type. You have 4 Pokemon, you're battling 3 (but 1 at a time) and you decide which pokemon you use by pressing a specific direction on the D-Pad in conjunction with B; however, DownB will cycle through the pokemon in a specific order.

Up Taunt+B will switch to the 3rd form
Right Taunt+B will be the 2nd form, Left Taunt+B will be Pikachu
Down Taunt+B will switch to the 1st form

Olimar
-Puny Pikmin: An actual-sized Olimar and Pikmin must fight 3 smashers. Olimar will be under the Poison Mushroom's size effects, but his weight and reach won't be changed--only his size.

Mario
-Metal Mario vs Metal Wario: a 1 on 1 against Mario's metal alter ego. Wario is in his plumber outfit.

-Kings of the hill: Bowser, DeDeDe, and K.Rool are battling to prove their power. Choose one of these three and fight the other 2.
-New Super Mario Bros. 2: Play as Mario, Peach, Luigi, or Toad to fight Bowser. Bowser has been resized to be larger and has a greater flinch resistance (he can still flinch though). Whoever you pick out of these 4, the other 3 will be CPU allies.
-Princess Peril: Play as Mario or Luigi and protect Peach from Bowser and Bowser Jr.
-Sidekick Showdown: Luigi, Diddy, Bowser Jr., and Falco. Pick a fighter and see who will be victorious.
-The revenge: Your least picked character is tired of being left out of the fray, and has teamed up with 2 other neglected fighters. Now, your most played character must fight them
-Team Green: Luigi, Link and K.Rool take on the world.

Peach
-Super Princess Peach: Bowser's kidnapped Mario...again?! Is this gonna be a regular thing?

Captain Falcon
-Collateral Damage: Destroy all the racecars on the F-Zero stage before time runs out.

Some are multi character ideas, and a bit difficult to explain, but that's what I can think of right now. Thoughts?

EDIT:
@Arcadenik, not bad.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
an update to my final wishist for SSB4

(d) default
(h)hidden

Mario series:
Mario (d)
Luigi(h)
Peach(d)
Bowser(d)
Bowser Jr.(h)
Paper Mario(h)

Wario Series:
Wario(D)
Captain Syrup(h)

Yoshi Series:
Yoshi(d)

DK Series:
Donkey Kong(d)
Diddy/Dixie Kong(d)
K.Rool(h)

Zelda Series:
Link(d)
Zelda/Sheik(d)
Ganondorf(h)
Majora(h)
Midna(d)

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon(d)
Samurai Goroh(h)

Starfox series:
Fox McCloud(d)
Falco Lombardi(h)
Krystal(d)

Metroid Series:
Samus/ZSS(d)
Ridley(h)

Kirby Series:
Kirby(d)
King DeDede(d)
Meta Knight(h)
Prince Fluff(h)

Mother Series
Lucas(d)
Masked Man(h)

Fire Emblem series:
Marth(h)
The Black Knight(h)
Michaiah(d)

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu(d)
Pokemon Trainer(d)
Victini(h)
Meowth(h)

Other Series:
Ice Climbers(h)
Olimar(d)
Pit(d)
Mr. game & Watch(h)
R.O.B(h)
Andy(d)
Isaac(h)
Little Mac(d)

3rd Party Chracters:(all hidden)
Snake(Konami)
Sonic(Sega)
Mega man(Capcom)
Lloyd irving(Namco)
Lara Croft(Square? Eidos?)

Assist Tropies:
Wanda(Mario &Wario)
Fawful(Mario & Luigi)
Starman(Mother)
Alexandra Rovias(eternal Darkness)
Kiddie Kong(Donkey Kong Country)
Ashley(Warioware)
Cubivore(Cubivore)
Ninian & Nils(Fire Emblem)
Pac-Man(Pac-Man)
Roll( Mega Man)
Goron(Zelda)
Stanley(Donkey kong 3)
Birdo(Mario bros. 2)
Boo(Mario bros. 3)
Jody Summer(F-Zero)
Kamek(Yoshi)

New Stages:
N's Castle
The wolrd of Drawcia
Derris-kharlan
Wily stage 2
Temple Ruins

New techniques & modes:
-new single control style
-L-cancellable specials
-Jump Saving
-more hitstun than Brawl, but less than Melee
-Stickers in Vs. Mode
-return of Board the platforms
-Beat Up sandBag Minigame
-new story mode
-Tag Mode in Vs.
for more info about my ideas, watch these vids:
Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmjTPuDdJC0

Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQuoKydYOMs&feature=related

so what do you guys think?
minor updates made to my wishlist.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
@ lordvaati:
Why Majora and Midna? They both only appeared in one game and don't look like they're going to appear in another anytime soon. Also, in my opinion, Diddy and Dixie should be seperate characters so that Diddy isn't drastically changed. In addition, Wolf should stay considering his moveset is completely different from Fox's. Prince Fluff was also in only in one game and won't appear again unless they make another Yarn Kirby game, which makes him very unlikely. Ness should also stay considering that he's the most well-known character from the Mother series and Masked Man is unlikely because Claus is already an alternate costume for Lucas. Why the Black Knight and Micaiah? If I remember correctly, Ike is the main character of the games those two are in, so he should probably stay over those two. Also, Meowth? Jigglypuff is more popular in Japan and has been in Smash since the beginning, meaning that she shouldn't be removed. The rest of your roster is fine, although there seems to be too many 3rd party characters in it. I'll look over your other suggestions later.

EDIT:
Brawl and Melee have the same amount of hitstun, it's just that you can cancel it with an aerial or airdodge in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

@Arcadenik: In addition to classic Mega Man's Copy ability, he should be able to achieve them when he KOs a player, just like in the Mega Man games where you gain them for defeating the Robot Masters.
Let's see what you've got here. Commentaries are in Color Red:

@Hoots:
Hoots said:
Mario Franchise
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Geno As cool as it would be to see Geno, it's not likely to happen in SSB4, not as a Mario rep or a third-party rep; although you did warn us of this, so I'll be lenient this time. I think the most likely (And best rep) is Bowser Jr.

Advance Wars Franchise
6. Andy I don't see how he would work out in the Smash series.

Wario Ware Franchise
7. Wario

Yoshi's Island Franchise
8. Yoshi

Donkey Kong Franchise
9. Donkey Kong
10. Diddy Kong
11. K. Rool

Zelda Franchise
12. Link
13. Zelda/Shiek
14. Ganondorf
15. Toon Link

Pokemon Franchise
16. Pikachu
17. Jigglypuff
18. Pokemon Trainer
19. Lucario Not sure if we'll see Lucario in the game, but it would be nice to have either him and/or Mewtwo be playable in SSB4 as both have great potential to be great in the next game and I think Lucario is a very good character.
20. Zoroark

Star Fox Franchise
21. Fox
22. Falco
23. Wolf
24. Krystal

Fire Emblem Franchise
25. Marth
26. Ike
27. Lyn (Or whoever else might be more appropriate.)

Earthbound Franchise
28. Ness
29. Lucas

F-Zero Franchise
30. Captain Falcon
31. Black Shadow He's a good choice, but I think Samurai Gorah would be a better and more likely choice, considering that he's already an Assist Trophy.
Kirby Franchise
32. Kirby
33. Meta Knight
34. King Dedede

Metroid Franchise
35. Samus/ZSS
36. Ridley

Pikmin Franchise
37. Olimar

Kid Icarus Franchise
38. Pit

Retro Franchises
39. Ice Climbers
40. Mr. Game & Watch
41. R.O.B.

Punch Out Franchise
42. Little Mac

Animal Crossing Franchise
43. Tom Nook Kind of iffy on this, but okay.

Professor Layton Franchise
44. Professor Layton Not likely to happen, due to being more of a third-party character; but would be a good WTF character.

Golden Sun Franchise
45. Isaac

Custom Robo Franchise
46. Ray MK III

Sin and Punishment Franchise
47. Saki

Third Party Franchises
48. Snake
49. Sonic
50. Megaman
Great roster you have on here; I like it a lot. The only three character I see as far off are Geno, Andy, and Professor Layton, everyone else has a sizable shot at the next SSB4.

91.5/100.
Starphoenix said:
That's because it is... Nintendo simply struck a deal with SquareEnix to publish and advertise the series in the West. Logic would say it is because Nintendo wants to capitalize on the popularity in Japan, expanding that overseas. Nintendo doesn't have the luxury of having the latest Final Fantasy title on their consoles, but they do have the second best thing. By growing the series SquareEnix makes more money, which in turn means Nintendo does as well. By having their own exclusive, major, RPG title.

Which has always led to my theory on why we could see Dragon Quest content in the next Smash Bros. game.
I understand where you're coming from in terms of Dragon Quest, but as others have said, Dragon Quest has no consistent major protagonists in the game whereas the vast majority of Smash characters have played a major role in many of the series installments. Also, I don't think Square Enix is Nintendo's top priority for third-party characters; especially after completely disregarding them for one generation.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
As far as Andy goes, I think he could make for a really unique character that could utilize a really neat moveset. For Professor Layton, I feel like he is by far the most popular character to be on a Nintendo console in recent years, so I see no reason why they shouldn't grab him. And I've already explained Geno, but ill admit I have no idea what Bowser Jr. can do. Paint stuff? Anyone care to elaborate?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Thank you, Master Rapier.

As far as Andy goes, I think he could make for a really unique character that could utilize a really neat moveset. For Professor Layton, I feel like he is by far the most popular character to be on a Nintendo console in recent years, so I see no reason why they shouldn't grab him. And I've already explained Geno, but ill admit I have no idea what Bowser Jr. can do. Paint stuff? Anyone care to elaborate?

Here's some ideas:
Originally Posted by BirthNote
If Jr. did get in, he could get SOME of his moves from his siblings. There's a good amount of Koopaling attacks that can come from Super Mario Bros. 3 all the way up to New Super Mario Bros. Wii as well as attacks of his own. You fight Bowser Jr. plenty of times in NSMB DS, so shell-based attacks may not be an issue. Also, I was thinking that he could use HIS (not Bowser's) Koopa Clown Car as an Up Special in which he hovers for a short time.

Another idea is to have him use his paintbrush. Its unique, however I don't think Shadow Mario should be involved. In Sunshine, Bowser Jr. didn't use the brush to transform--he used a black and dark blue kerchief with a drawing of Mario's moustache. Bowser Jr. no longer wears this, but his paintbrush is still used from time to time.

So, my idea for Bowser's 8th child is for him to use his siblings' attacks as well as his own, his Clown Car, and paintbrush. However, there's a "Bowser Clone" risk. Hopefully the height/weight/size differences between Bowser and Jr. can prevent this. The clones and semiclones usually share the same height and physique of the originals. Young and Toon Link CAN contradict that statement, but you have to keep in mind that the Links are the same person, while Bowser and Jr. aren't. If that's not valid to some, keep in mind that TLink has some different moves to compensate for his shape. He never kicks.

Bearing this in mind, there are things that Jr. can't do compared to Bowser. His claws aren't good enough for slashing, so Bowser-esque "jabs" and down as well as up tilts wouldn't make sense. Also, Jr. wouldn't be able to suplex opponents either because of his size; this means that some of Bowser's throws would seem strange for his son to adopt. Can you imagine Bowser Jr. bodyslamming the foe he's grabbed? Biting isn't an option either because he's only got one fang, and it would be silly for Jr. to lunge at an enemy as a running attack because he's smaller and less menacing than his dad.

Standard attacks aren't the only thing that won't translate well from Bowser to Junior. There's 3/4 specials that aren't appropriate for this Koopa: Flamethrowing, the Suplex and Bowser Bombing. Bowser Jr. can shoot flames as of NSMB Wii, but they're only fireballs. He hasn't roared out a stream of fire yet because he's young and smaller in size--which leads me to the Bowser Bomb (DownB). Does it really make sense for this kid to throw his weight around the way his dad does? I don't doubt Jr.'s heaviness but having him do the same downB or something strangely similar to the koopa king is...strange. I wouldn't be surprised if the shell-spin (UpB) is similar though. They're turtles. Bowser's kids retreat to their shells as soon as you hit them. Every Koopa uses their shells in one or many ways so I'm expecting shell moves if Jr. ever makes it in. That being said, I think the Clown Car could be a good UpB--meaning that his shell can be used for a dash attack or something.

Now we move to Jr.'s weight. We know he's lighter than Bowser, and if you see him in spinoffs more than the main games you'll probably think he's a lightweight. BJr.'s size is inconsistent. He was near Mario's height in Sunshine but BIGGER than Peach in Galaxy. At first you'd think he's growing older, but then he's pretty small in NSMB Wii even though he was Peach's (who he carried on his shoulder) height in NSMB DS. In Galaxy 2, he's once again larger than Peach. Strange, isn't it? If he does get in Smash 4, hopefully Bowser Jr. will be near Wario's weight and close to Mario's height. Perhaps he could be the heaviest middleweight or lightest heavyweight. Who knows?

Wrapping this all up, I think Bowser Jr. has a lot of potential as a character. He can represent himself using his brush and Clown Car as well as his siblings, dad, and all the other Koopas with shell attacks and spitting fire. Anyone can see the obvious clone risks with him, but hopefully having a brush along with his shell to cover some standard and special moves (among other things) can prevent this--not to mention the height/weight/size and ability differences. Other than being my favorite Mario series character, I would like Bowser Junior playable because of the symmetry that he could bring. With him, we could have 2 heroes fighting 2 villains for 1 princess. Some people have come up with GOOD Toad ideas, but I like the symmetry that Jr. could show.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Toad can be really cool and all, but does anyone know of a possible moveset for him? Im sure they could make it work, but im just not sure how interesting it would be. I looked up Fawful and he seems neat, but he appears to be very obscure as well. As far as Square goes, since the secret characters in sports mix were final fantasy characters, what would be so impossible about scoring Geno?
Here is a moveset that I thought of for Toad:
SPECIALS
Standard B) Mushroom Sprout - Toad makes contact with the area in front of it and causes a large mushroom (almost Toad's size) to sprout out of the ground (like Shiek's standard b except Toad makes a mushroom to be formed). This mushroom can be used to catch opponents off guard as it can cause them to be knocked into the air (low knock back and damage but it is very useful when opponents are approaching Toad). Additionally, the move can be used to block projectiles.
Inspiration: Mario Sports Mix/ Original concepts

Up B) Propeller Power Up - Toad gains the power of the propeller mushroom and shoots into the air. Opponents on top of him will be juggled for a short bit as they receive slight damage, but they barely receive any knock back. As Toad is descending back to the ground, he will propel downwards slowly. However, if the player presses down they will initiate Toad's torpedo power which can cause a lot of knock back and damage if it comes in contact with an opponent.
Inspiration: New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Side B) Toad Kart - Yes, I am aware that I will probably be criticized here; however, the Mario Kart series is very important for Toad himself as he is very recognizable in this series. Additionally, it would be interesting to see it implemented in one's moveset. This move functions similar to Wario's bike as Toad pulls the kart out and rides in it. Its speed develops over time, and when players turn they can perform drifts to go faster. Toad can either be launched out of his kart or he can get out of it. Either way, his kart will remain in the area he left it. Other characters cannot pick it up like Wario's bike, but they can destroy it or even attempt to ride it (possibly).
Inspiration: Mario Kart series

Down B) Pick Up/Throw - Toad will be able to throw opponents as well with his standard throw move; however, this move functions very similar to SMB 2 and NSMB Wii. If Toad is on top of someone, he will pick them up and put them on top of his head. He can now run and throw his opponents from here. His throws are especially deadly as they go in an arc shape. Very powerful, but hard to initiate. He can also jump with his opponents and throw them from the air. Very first aerial throwing move in the Smash Bros. series.
Inspiration: SMB2, Wario's Woods, NSMB Wii

SOME PHYSICAL MOVES
Neutral Aerial A) - A spin jump. Can deflect projectiles if timed right.
Aerial side A) - A meteor smash with Toad smashing opponents down with his large mushroom cap
Down Aerial A) - A basic ground pound.
Running +A - Toad will be lowering his head while he runs, so when one presses his dash attack, he will give a mighty lunge with a head butt attack like in the Mario Strikers games.
Side Smash - Toad makes a kick like in the Mario Strikers games. If you charge him up, his kick will turn fiery and be much more powerful.
Smash Down - Toad will lower his head on the ground and do a head spin like move (thinking of a break dance like move). It is similar to Brawl Kirby's dash move, but Toad's one is stationary and much more powerful.

FINAL SMASH
I have two ideas:

Starbit shooting - in a classic shooting like style, Toad will go behind the background and repeatedly shoot starbits at his enemies (controlled by the player controlling Toad). The starbits are fast and also powerful.
Inspiration: Super Mario Galaxy games

Mushroom Platforms - Toad causes the entire stage to convert to platforms of large mushrooms. From here, Toad will control the descending and ascending patterns of the mushroom platforms and this could both damage opponents and also trick them into falling off the platforms.
Inspiration: Super Mario Bros. series

SUMMARY
Toad is a lightweight fighter; however he is also a speed type character as well so this makes him hard to hit. He has poor jumps to accommodate for this, however. His moves are mostly powerful; however, it is his throws that are deadly (a homage to the Mario games he is playable in). He has short limbs, and often relies on a hit and run like combat. However, he can hold his own just fine if needed at any time as he has a lot of strong attacks. A possible special ability would be for him to temporarily run up walls or instead to wall jump. Also Peach's B move should be replaced with Toadsworth.

Costume changes
*Blue/Yellow/Green/Purple Toads
*Possible Toadsworth and Toadette colorations

If you have any questions about the move set, just tell me.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I have already stated why i don't like Toad Kart... i'd rather not get back into that... carry on.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I like your ideas Zap Tackle. I like the Down B move and it sounds awesome but I don't know how well it would work in actual combat situation. It seem highly difficult to pull off but your right if you could it would have a lot of possibilities.

Another Up B move I thought up would be he could use a mushroom like a trampoline (Similar to Sonic's up B).

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
I like your ideas Zap Tackle. I like the Down B move and it sounds awesome but I don't know how well it would work in actual combat situation. It seem highly difficult to pull off but your right if you could it would have a lot of possibilities.

Another Up B move I thought up would be he could use a mushroom like a trampoline (Similar to Sonic's up B).
Thanks for the comments guys. :)

I think the down b would be a good move for those to master. If they are to master it, these players would be an unstoppable Toad force. I just thought that since throws are a very powerful move, this variation of it should not come easy to use. Maybe we can make it easier by allowing Toad to have a small range of picking opponents when he is beside them on the ground? maybe. Also the up B move you provided is also very good. Just a very good recovery move is needed for Toad's weak jumps.

Also augustoflores, I understand that the Toad Kart idea might be repetitive or boring; however, there can also be other moves to use. I remember in another Toad moveset (perhaps Arc's or Kumo's one), it had a golden mushroom variant move that shoots Toad across the stage with a golden after images of him following him. So, it can also be any type of move that could work as Toad's side special.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Any evidence for that, my good man?

http://i.imgur.com/0J4A3.png

Look at this and read it...

and this one was after he wrote this one...

http://i.imgur.com/fy2gp.jpg

in summary you'll find 2 different stories about SSB4 the first one he mentions Pit,Lucas,Saki (sin&punishment) .... the second one he mention Volnutt as playable character and describe everything very well which contradict his first story where he barely saw anything....

Hoots

Can Be Combative
http://i.imgur.com/0J4A3.png

Look at this and read it...

and this one was after he wrote this one...

http://i.imgur.com/fy2gp.jpg

in summary you'll find 2 different stories about SSB4 the first one he mentions Pit,Lucas,Saki (sin&punishment) .... the second one he mention Volnutt as playable character and describe everything very well which contradict his first story where he barely saw anything....
Astute observation! So one of these Round Cacti is an imposter? Let's pray to Cthulhu that it's the paradise one.

Edit: Upon comparing the dates, I see that the Paradise image was 7 days after the first one. Therefore, maybe he could have seen an actual trailer after he had seen some shakier footage.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Astute observation! So one of these Round Cacti is an imposter? Let's pray to Cthulhu that it's the paradise one.

Agreed... but for minute I thought of something what Round cactus is a troll who deliberately gave 2 different stories just to show that we are stupid... and unfortunately not so many discovered this...but I cross my finger that the first one talk the truth....and the second one is the troll.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
it's a long shot but maybe there were two that he saw... some gameplay teaser would be the first leak and the one from may 22 is the trailer leak. the only thing i see wrong/bad with the second leak is MegaMan Trigger so lets hope im wrong.

oh... and snake returning... i have this elitist mentality with guests in general.

UberMario

Smash Master
I have my doubts with that list, especially since Nintendo has always spaced out the Mario Kart games effectively. It'd make little sense to have two competing Mario Kart games released within a year of each other.

UberMario

Smash Master
what if the two had some functionality that make em work simultaneously...
Why? It's a racing game. What kind of functionality could they possibly have besides trading info? Especially since, presumably, they'll be different games.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Okay this is my final predictions before E3. Warning, some of the content may not be logically valid and may be consider wishful thinking.

Gameplay
-It will be less floaty then brawl (similar like Melee) but the speed will be slower than Melee.
- No slipping
- Focus on making character more balance then ever before. (I did warn you about the wishful thinking right?)

Characters

Everyone from Brawl will appear except,
- Snake
- Lucario

- Lucario will be replaced by Zoroak (or whatever he's called)

- More costume changes (Like Wario) and instead of daisy color peach it will actually look like daisy with her moveset.

Likely costume changes
Mario: Dr. Mario
Peach: Daisy, Princess Shroob
Ganondorf: Black Shadow
Marth: Roy
Luigi: Waluigi
Toon Link: NES Link

Newcomers will be at least,
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Krystal with staff (StarFox)
Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
Toad (Mario games)
Issac (Golden Sun)
Zoroak (Pokemon)

Assist Trophies/Pokeballs
- Option to select what pokemon or characters to come out just like items in general.
- Can't select ultra rare pokemon like Mew, Celebi, etc...
- I don't know the new pokemon so I can't judge

AT characters
- Eggplant Wizard: Moves side to side and throws eggplant grenades in an high arch. If they hit you they will turn the upper half into an eggplant for a limited time.
- Birdo: shoots rows of eggs and fireballs out at an opponent
- Zues: Appears at the top of the screen and warns you about his harsh training and then mirrors appear everywhere attacking the opponent (similar to Pit's final smash).
- Space Pirates: A group of 3 or 4 space pirates appear and begin to attack each of the players. They can be harmed but have long range shots and cutting blade.
- Tingle is knockable (like chansey)

Bosses
- More classic bosses than Subspace ones.

Here are some bosses that could pop up,
- Ridley and Meta Ridley will be back (Metroid)
- Vaati (LoZ)
- Medusa (Kid Icarus)
- General Scales (Starfox)
- King Boo (Mario)
- Kamek (Mario/Yoshi)
- Koopaling Gauntlet (Fight each of the koopalings back to back) (Mario)
- Robotic Pigma (Fight him from the inside) (Starfox)
- Gohma (LoZ)
- Twinrova (LoZ)

Adventure Mode
- Either more about Subspace Emissary
- Or and expansion of the Smash universe where the setting of Brawl was a midway point between worlds and will see more crossovers to new worlds than before.
- One goal is to collect parts of stages that will be later use in level editor

Level Editor
- Will be expanded with new tool and options like level shapes (determine how tall or wide you want) and background options.
- Items will be easier to position (Like lined up against each other).
- Themed items will be added like Mario breakable blocks or Metroid Aliens that look like a crossaint and if you freeze them they can be used as a platform.
- Lava and water floors will be available.
- Many items will be seen in Adventure mode or in levels themselves.
- Fire blocks and bumpers will be added as well.
- Npcs can also be added for extra combat or activity

Items
- Remove Smokeballs
- Raygun looks like the NES zapper
- Crystal Rod (Kid Icarus): Two crystals orbit around the player protecting him from damage and can cause damage.

Thank you for reading. I hope this and much more appears in the new SSB4.

deadmanwolking

Smash Rookie
All right let's make just one thing clear... I WANT MEWTWO BACK!!!

He may have been low tier but he was my best character. I would wipe the floor with my friends who are now kicking my *** in brawl!

I am also a HUGE Fire Emblem fan, I want more characters from that. Now, I agree with several other posters who have suggested The Black Knight or Griel. But I would also suggest throwing in a few from the original FE or from Fire Emblem:the Sacred Stones. And as long as we have Ike and are sticking with Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, why not add a laguez? I mean honestly, I'm the only one who thought playing brawl with Tibarn, Ena or Nasir? Or even goddamn Ranulf. C'mon Nintendo, USE YOUR BRAIN.

As far as pokemon go, I think that if we are keeping pokemon trainer that 2 things need to happen:
1. We need a pokemon trainer from eac generation.
2. Pokemon should start in the basic stage and slowly evolve like Olimar's pikmen.
Also, make jigglypuff's lullaby longer lasting, that thing is useless in brawl!

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman

He may have been low tier but he was my best character. I would wipe the floor with my friends who are now kicking my *** in brawl!

I am also a HUGE Fire Emblem fan, I want more characters from that. Now, I agree with several other posters who have suggested The Black Knight or Griel. But I would also suggest throwing in a few from the original FE or from Fire Emblem:the Sacred Stones. And as long as we have Ike and are sticking with Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, why not add a laguez? I mean honestly, I'm the only one who thought playing brawl with Tibarn, Ena or Nasir? Or even goddamn Ranulf. C'mon Nintendo, USE YOUR BRAIN.

As far as pokemon go, I think that if we are keeping pokemon trainer that 2 things need to happen:
2. Pokemon should start in the basic stage and slowly evolve like Olimar's pikmen.
I think that your friends beating you more in Brawl than in Melee might be more due to the extremely different physics than the removal of Mewtwo.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

I'm a big Pokemon/Fire Emblem fan to but you know are suggestion a far from realistic....what is more likely is we get Unova Trainer....Fire Emblem it seems like main characters only have chance to be playable specially that game's fanbase isn't that big to include some minor characters....Micaiah, Sothe,and Vanguard Ike have way bigger chance than these characters....Marth I realy don't about him but sakurai like him and he is the protagonist of the latest games/remakes.

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow is Nintendo E3 2011. If the PSVita is any indication, it's that Nintendo needs to bring out all their big guns tomorrow and we'll see a few Project Cafe games announced. While this doesn't green light SSB4, it is something to keep in mind that we may very well see a few very good looking Project Cafe games as was the case with PSVita.

Anyway, need to get ready to hit the sack.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Aww snap, looks like we could be getting a new F-Zero for Project Café! ChronoBound is going to have to revise his character speculation. lol

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Tomorrow is Nintendo E3 2011. If the PSVita is any indication, it's that Nintendo needs to bring out all their big guns tomorrow and we'll see a few Project Cafe games announced. While this doesn't green light SSB4, it is something to keep in mind that we may very well see a few very good looking Project Cafe games as was the case with PSVita.

Anyway, need to get ready to hit the sack.
Since GCN debuted it became usual to have an SSB trailer with the System reveal....

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Source my good friend ?
IGN teasing something that will make Nintendo fans 'very pleased', offers up a clue
Coming from IGN's Lucas Thomas...

"Hey hey IGN boardies, Lucas here checking in from the IGN War Room at E3. It's time to get hyped, Nintendo fans. I think you're going to be very pleased with what you're going to see very soon! I could give you guys a clue, but you'd have to chase me down. You guys have some great guesses. I think that clue is all I can offer right now, but I'll be back with another nugget sometime before the Nintendo's briefing kicks off tomorrow morning."

Well guys, there's only a few hours left. Can anyone figure this out? Perhaps that second clue will help us out even more. Thanks to Jmizzal for the heads up.
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=160061#comment-section

The "chase me down" part was italicized in the original article. Either that or GTA...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
what's that to do with F-Zero (I'm a fan of F-Zero who never played an F-Zero game) so it will be great to start from a new console....I was hoping it for the wii...
Some of us were just assuming "chase me down" could be in reference to F-Zero, since he mentions "Nintendo fans". Although he could just mean that generally and the game itself doesn't have to be from Nintendo, in which case could mean Grand Theft Auto V.

Supposedly we will get another hint before the conference tomorrow from him.

EDIT: For those not aware "him" is Lucas Thomas from IGN teasing a new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom