• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
it must be Kevin Pereira who doesn't understand how the smash community feels about smash bros. he must have purposely chosen not to talk about it to reggie... he mentioned our reactions on twitter or whatever and how overreacting we react to the mention of the word "smash".

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There are two more events that Nintendo is going to have at E3. One during Tuesday evening, and another on Wednesday evening.

some_jerk

Smash Apprentice
how in the heck do we have 49 guess viewing this? does no one sign in anymorE????
To be fair I haven't posted here since like 2007. A real pain to hunt down me old password and username it was. Either way, may or may not stick around to see the speculation people be posting.

I hope we'll get a bunch of why ______ can/can't be in SSBU debates like we did for brawl.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
WiiU is XBOX HUEG

Guessing SD slot and GCN controller slots are in the door. Its too big for just the sd slot.

D

Deleted member

The console looks good to say the least. For some reason, I was kind of expecting a color like this.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
what goes in that hidden slot? hopefully not gamecube controllers... USB 2.0s? SD cards? HDD!?

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else think that Wii U isn't the official title? Shouldn't it be written somewhere on the front of the console?

•Col•

Smash Champion
WiiU is XBOX HUEG

Guessing SD slot and GCN controller slots are in the door. Its too big for just the sd slot.
Doubt it.

You have to figure that the disk slot is sized for DVD-sized disks.... So it doesnt seem much bigger than a Wii.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
oh, its not backwards compatible with GCN games so it wouldnt have slots for the controllers....
Guess its usb slots then in the door

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
Doubt it.

You have to figure that that disk slot is sized for DVD-sized disks.... So it doesnt seem much bigger than a Wii.
If it was what I saw sitting beside the tv in the trailer thing, it is just a little bit bigger than wii. Around the size of a small netbook length-wise.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ugly *** WiiU added to the first post. Awkward, uncomfortable controller also added. Likely won't update again for a year, so enjoy I guess.

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
Ugly *** WiiU added to the first post. Awkward, uncomfortable controller also added. Likely won't update again for a year, so enjoy I guess.
From what I'm seeing online, you are pretty much alone in that opinion. This is one of the nicest looking consoles/controllers I've seen in quite a while.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
back to your cave disgruntled fanboy, the console and controller are fine. It has contoured backing just like the wiimote so it should be comfortable to hold.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
From what I'm seeing online, you are pretty much alone in that opinion. This is one of the nicest looking consoles/controllers I've seen in quite a while.
Its a Wii on its side with rounded edges. How do you think its nice looking? Or even new looking for that matter?

back to your cave disgruntled fanbody, the console and controller are fine. It have contoured backing just like the wii so it should be comfortable to hold.
Not a fanboy, and the contour shown in the video was for the shoulder buttons, not for the hands. There aren't any handles on the controller unless its different IRL.

D

Deleted member

If Smash 4 3DS and Wii-U is going to be connected together, I think the character roster will be somewhere in the late 30s - early 40s in amount of playable characters, hopefully the early 40s.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
does it need to be new looking? It still has the Wii in its name, so it should atleast look similar. Did you actually think they were going to come up with a innovative design when theyv made like 6 DSs, all of which look the exact same way?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm just concerned on how comfortable it'll be. I know the Cube controller and the 360 controllers (though I own a PS3) are, to me, the most comfortable controllers ever made.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
does it need to be new looking? It still has the Wii in its name, so it should atleast look similar. Did you actually think they were going to come up with a innovative design when theyv made like 6 DSs, all of which look the exact same way?
Are you defending them or making fun of them?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Announcing a new game without any kind of anything at all is such a huge tease so right now all my hype is towards the new Kid Icarus. Holy crap I did not expect that game to look as amazing as it does.

:093:

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Im thinking they will just split up the roster into 2. The 3DS version will have prominant characters from portable games (GoldenSun, Fawful, Layton and such) and the WiiU version will have console characters (Bowser Jr, Saki and such)

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
Announcing a new game without any kind of anything at all is such a huge tease so right now all my hype is towards the new Kid Icarus. Holy crap I did not expect that game to look as amazing as it does.

It looks alot more refined than it did in the first few trailers. The gameplay still looks a little choppy, but I'm sure it looks much better in 3d.

Still not enough to convince me to buy a 3ds before the price drop, but Luigi's mansion 2 helps a little.

•Col•

Smash Champion

Yeah, the multiplayer really surprised me. Looks fun.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Both? They tend to keep old designs too long lately and prefer to do an updated system rather than a whole new one. But the new controller would be comfortable. It would feel like a DS with contoured shoulder buttons. Thats fine. Of course it cant be as good as the GCN controller because this isnt the same Nintendo from back then. Dont expect it to be.

D

Deleted member

Im thinking they will just split up the roster into 2. The 3DS version will have prominant characters from portable games (GoldenSun, Fawful, Layton and such) and the WiiU version will have console characters (Bowser Jr, Saki and such)
So, do you think they'll roughly be the same size or both games have different characters rosters size?

I think they'll be different. 3DS if 3D will be around 30 while Project Cafe will have somewhere in the 40s, likely early 40s.

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
That's because Sakurai is brilliant, and I hope everyone who has ever talked badly about him commits e-suicide.
Thats about 80% of the SSB community. SSB1 and Melee were great, but did some pretty idiotic things in Brawl. You can't deny it's faults (tripping being the main one). Hopefully he can redeem himself this time.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
I think it would have to be different. 3DS could have around 30 or so, that means Captain Falcon and a few other characters who havent been on the DS will be gone. The WiiU roster could easily be 40-50 because not including "new franchises", there are like 10 debatable, but deserving characters waiting already.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oh, it'll be in 1080p... it just won't be based on the Blu-ray.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Thats about 80% of the SSB community. SSB1 and Melee were great, but did some pretty idiotic things in Brawl. You can't deny it's faults (tripping being the main one). Hopefully he can redeem himself this time.
Sakurai mentioned in a GDC conference that the way he balanced the game was by getting the best player and the worst player among the developers, and balancing it so they were both on even ground.

I have no faith in that man to make a good competitive fighter.

D

Deleted member

I think it would have to be different. 3DS could have around 30 or so, that means Captain Falcon and a few other characters who havent been on the DS will be gone. The WiiU roster could easily be 40-50 because not including "new franchises", there are like 10 debatable, but deserving characters waiting already.
Okay, time to start working on both a 3DS character roster prediction and a Wii-U character roster.

@Blu-Ray gone: Hopefully the new format will have more GB then the Wii. Good third-party support won't last long otherwise.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It looks alot more refined than it did in the first few trailers. The gameplay still looks a little choppy, but I'm sure it looks much better in 3d.

Still not enough to convince me to buy a 3ds before the price drop, but Luigi's mansion 2 helps a little.
I noticed that, but it just looks so unique. It's like some kind of beautiful fusion of Starfox, Link, and Kingom Hearts? I don't even know how to explain it but the whole time I was watching it it just looked awesome. Luigi's Mansion 2 really got me excited too. Such a great game that finally gets a long needed sequel.

Yeah, the multiplayer really surprised me. Looks fun.
Yes!

--

To get back on topic though of SSB4, I'm really hoping they recognize the whole motto of appealing to hardcore and casual gamers by giving the competitive Smashers the option of having a legit game and giving the casual gamers what they want which is basically just stupid filler stuff. Getting rid of unnecessary tripping is obviously a first and maybe a stronger story mode for the casuals. Or just drop it altogether so I actually feel excited when I unlock a new character. That mode took the fun out of it in comparison to "CHALLENGER APPROACHING".

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Its a Wii on its side with rounded edges. How do you think its nice looking? Or even new looking for that matter?

Not a fanboy, and the contour shown in the video was for the shoulder buttons, not for the hands. There aren't any handles on the controller unless its different IRL.
I read an article by someone who used it today at E3 and he said the controller was surprisingly light and comfortable to use. And I don't see how you don't like the look of the WiiU it looks crisp and clean IMO.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Normally I'd hate to see exclusives for one platform or another, but in this case... it makes alot of sense. I'd imagine the 3DS will be a smaller roster... but they'd probably have exlucisves;

Andy (Advance Wars)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Starfy (Legend of Starfy)

Those make the most sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom