• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

etecoon

Smash Hero
wasn't aimed at everyone listed, that's just everyone who has more than 30 posts in this topic

-Mars-

Smash Hero
yeah, this is why people get gimped nearly every stock in tournament against good MK's, it requires them to mess up for you to ever recover!

have any of the people that live in this thread ever actually played this game?

30+ posts in this thread

Steam 69
Maharba the Mystic 66
Red Ryu 58
da K.I.D. 56
Chuee 52
Alphicans 51
Thiocyanide 47
Spelt 43
zak 43
-Mars- 34
Matador 32

it's like a who's who of super theory bros.
I'm gonna need you to look at my post very closely again. Do you see the word gimp in my post?

No?

K.

stfu.

You can make it back to the stage after getting hit a few times against MK. The point was that there aren't many characters that can recover SAFELY against MK.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
At least its not as many posts as I have in the tier list discussion thread...

etecoon

Smash Hero
risky is not the same as

everyone else just kinda has to hope the MK player guesses wrong or messes up.
literally saying that MK should be gimping or tacking on extra damage every time the opponent goes off stage unless they do something wrong.

not to say that MK's edge guarding isn't amazing, but it's POTENTIAL like 80% of the time. very little is guaranteed off stage, especially considering MK's relatively poor horizontal air speed, a lot of times he simply isn't going to get a good angle fast enough.

MK does have a lot of guaranteed ledge traps though, but that's peoples get up options not their recovery being exploited

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I strive to be number 1 in this thread too!
I'm gonna out theorycraft all y'all *****es.
get at me

Orion*

Smash Researcher
All space animals are amazing versus Metaknight.
I kinda agree with this but I think I may also just not like the MUs.

Pikachu is top 5 or 6 in this game, he's way too good not to be. I mean, what ARE Pikachu's flaws exactly? Range? vs who, like Marth?
Weight is so important. That ***** dies to like nothing ROFL

Wolf can recover fine vs MK as long as you know when to use your djump.
:059:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMOXaoKrYtQ#t=4m23s
wasn't aimed at everyone listed, that's just everyone who has more than 30 posts in this topic
The rest of us are you know, Practicing :awesome:

^cool story bro
Real talk, No Johns

_Kain_

Smash Champion
He lost his dbl jump in the nado and didn't know. Wudn't say that death is related to a poor recovery. 2nd death wud of been a better example imo but then again I cud say he made the mistake of dbl jumping away from the stage when he should of just jumped back on

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
pikachu actually is really good at surviving since he has one of the best momentum cancels in the game, and he also has one of the best recoveries on top of that.

also depends on your character, he will pretty much never die if you have to hit him across the stage.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
He lost his dbl jump in the nado and didn't know. Wudn't say that death is related to a poor recovery. 2nd death wud of been a better example imo but then again I cud say he made the mistake of dbl jumping away from the stage when he should of just jumped back on
I know.

I just like watching that whenever I feel blue :awesome:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
wow. i didn't know i had that many posts here. that's kinda meh

WHOOOOBOOOO HYPE!!!

it's happenin tomorrow! and there will be pit and lucario presence so we will see how this whole thing goes ryu. afterwords we can have our discussion

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
pikachu actually is really good at surviving since he has one of the best momentum cancels in the game, and he also has one of the best recoveries on top of that.

also depends on your character, he will pretty much never die if you have to hit him across the stage.
Yeah Orion like, I agree with you a lot but this is just wrong, Pikachu is a pain to kill horizontally and not super light vertically either. Uair+sideb = pikachu lives to 150 pretty often.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Pika probably has the 3rd best recovery after GaW then MK.
GW does NOT have the second best recovery. Pika/ROB/Sonic/Jiggs are better for sure, and possibly even Luigi/Peach/Yoshi/Wario/Samus/Pit/Lucas/Snake

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Lucas' recovery ain't all that. I've yet to see any Lucas main really use his extra recovery tools to any great effect. I guess it's better than Ness' just because he has two extra options off-stage, but yeah. Luigi's recovery is pretty bootylicious, too. It covers a lot of distance but is really easy to harass. Same for Peach Snake and ROB. Yoshi's is pretty good situationally but is really bad if his second jump doesn't do the job. Samus has pretty great recovery and I'm surprised people don't talk about that much, so good on you for bringing that to light. Pit's should suck but you don't see people abusing it like they should, so meh.

If you want to be honest, recoveries in this game are generally more about safety and less about distance covered IMO. That's why Link's isn't really as bad as people say it is (bad, but there are worse IMO) and recoveries like Falco's are underrated too, while like, Luigi's isn't that great. So in general, you want recoveries with a lot of options, and not really recoveries that just come back from anywhere.

Incidentally I think Captain Falcon's recovery is pretty underrated. It doesn't cover a ton of distance or anything but the command grab portion of it makes it a little safer and it tends to come back from places a lot of other characters can't (lower and outer quadrants) which makes him a little less instadead after a semispike.

In terms of recovery it's like, MK then Pikachu. GaW's is pretty good, it's hard to stop him from coming back and harder to gimp him. Sonic has pretty fantastic recovery, too. Wario's up there. And Toon Link.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
GW does NOT have the second best recovery. Pika/ROB/Sonic/Jiggs are better for sure, and possibly even Luigi/Peach/Yoshi/Wario/Samus/Pit/Lucas/Snake
I am not sure if this is serious or not.

I really hope not.

Suggesting that peach, yoshi, snake, jiggs, ROB, sonic, luigi and wario has a better recovery is ridiculous.

Pikachu MIGHT have a better one.... Maybe.

God, especially snake and ROB. Those are terrible.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
rofl no.
when I think BEST recovery, Im thinking SAFETY and DISTANCE.

MK? kid has a glide, 5 jumps and 4 recovery moves. and stupid levels of priority on all his moves while offstage.

Game and watch. he has good air speed, his bair and fair are great at detering gimp attempts, he has the bucket brake which give him more chances to recover, and lets him turn around in mid air. and none of that is even the best part, when he up bs he snaps to the ledge with one single frame of vulnerability. the only thing that keeps his recovery from being better than mks imo, is that he cant hit you with the parachute after he up bs.

nobody is touching those 2 when it comes to getting back on stage when they are knocked off.

Sonics recovery probably covers the greatest distance of any character that cant glide or is rob. but spindash has a terrible hitbox so he gets hit out of it for free, and the fact that as of yet we havent found a way to make his up b snap to the ledge on command, thats a huge liability. massive distance, not so great on the safeness.

pikachus is better than sonics imo. he can side b in the air multiple times, which sonic cant. his up air kills pretty much any attempt to gimp him from on top of him, skullbash actually moves quick enough to make it hard to react to. has a pretty good hit box, and stays active for days so it outlasts ledge invincibility. only issues are that if you go from under him, his only deterents are fast fall dair/airdodge (which actually put him below the ledge, which is where he wants to be) or t jolt. and his side b follows a set path, after release, since he cant jump out of it like sonic can.

ROB as we all know cant airdodge during his up b with out attacking first, so that alone makes it less safe that g watch.

puffs recovery is really good, and with her ability to change direction in the air, also very safe, but she cant snap to the ledge, with out putting herself in range of most characters attacks. other than that i cant really say anything bad about it, other than maybe her aerials arent quite big enough to avoid gimps sometimes.

the other ones should be obvious why they arent nearly as good as GW, but if you need me to explain those too, i will.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I'm actually very pleased with how good the devs made Sonic's recovery.

imo:

1. MK
2. Pikachu/GW
4. Sonic/Wario
5. ROB

Scatz

Smash Champion
You might need a re-evaluation on recovery then. Only Pika is arguably better than any of those you stated.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Europe > USA because every US Guy that ever entered a european tournament didn't win :troll:
wrong thread homie, i think you meant to post that in the tier list thread. lol. its all good though, i do it too sometimes.

also, I never made the claim that US is far and away better than Europe, so you might not even be wrong on that.

imo:

1. MK
2. Pikachu/GW
4. Sonic/Wario
5. ROB
me too, since everything else he has sans ground speed is madd average.
yeah.... I dunno but having an invincible upB (that snaps to the ledge) makes your recovery pretty damn safe.
fixed for sonic justice.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Yeah I realized it when I searched my post in the other thread =.=
but both Topics have the same beginning "Official BBR ..."
it's confusing sometimes because I use email notification to keep up with this board lol

BSP

Smash Legend

imo:

1. MK
2. Pikachu/GW
4. Sonic/Wario
5. ROB
I really wished he snapped to the ledge with up B though. Like KID said, that cuts the safety a bit. Actually, if Wario's got his bike and fart ready, I'd say it edges over sonic's due to the added safety.

It's funny how the character originally called Jumpman has one of the shortest recoveries in the game lol

Judo777

Smash Master

imo:

1. MK
2. Pikachu/GW
4. Sonic/Wario
5. ROB
Yea i agree. Funny thing is the best i have come up with for gimping sonics recovery is trying to grab him lol. Also robs is better than pits. Pit is actually reasonably gimpable, robs is just too risky/take forever. Then again im a sheik main and am biased.

Browny

Smash Hater
>_<

There really is no excuse for a sonic getting grabbed from his recovery.

Really, it is as much a weakness as it is pikachu accidentally using skull bash in the wrong direction and aiming into the blast zones. It should NEVER happen when he can airdodge before invincibility wears off, the only time you grabbed him was because he tried something fancy under the stage.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
AD isn't fool proof... like... you can get hit out of it if you always AD after Up B... especially if if the move out ranges Sonic's aerials to boot.

though both attacking and AD should beat anyone trying to grab Sonic o-o;; yeh yeh

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
>_<

There really is no excuse for a sonic getting grabbed from his recovery.

Really, it is as much a weakness as it is pikachu accidentally using skull bash in the wrong direction and aiming into the blast zones. It should NEVER happen when he can airdodge before invincibility wears off, the only time you grabbed him was because he tried something fancy under the stage.
This. Out of every match I've played against X over the last 2-3 months, I believe I've grabbed him out of up b once, and I can do that from anywhere onstage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom