• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
@tesh: the former. none of the best pit's attend nationals

@orion: the bbr claims to base their votes off of statistics. im just going with there word

cyanide calling people ******** died out elementary school. throw me a better insult. actually the lack of a good insult is insulting enough. tho feel free to try and up yourself

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
@stingers

koolaid (it's been a while since he went to a national i think)
kiraflax
Prince Ramen
Vex (when he uses pit. but i don't remember the last time i saw him go pit. let alone at a national)
Esca (couldn't decide to place him at fourth because vex used to do so well)

none of them have gone to a national with pit as their character, at least not for way to long

stingers

Smash Obsessed
koolaid mostly uses mk right? and kira uses ROB, vex uses ICs and Snake and a bunch of ppl >.> there are not very many solo pit mains =/ i think hes a pretty good char but just nobody uses him =/

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
koolaid mostly uses mk right? and kira uses ROB, vex uses ICs and Snake and a bunch of ppl >.> there are not very many solo pit mains =/ i think hes a pretty good char but just nobody uses him =/
tbh im not sure there are any true solo pit mains. but im going 100% pit at whobo3 and so is esca

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Read what I quoted.

Unless you mean statistics of votes from the BBR on her placement.
Oh my god, you can't actually be that ignorant.

You actually think that's what people mean by statistics? I have to confirm this before I actually explain what is meant, because that feels like talking down to a two year old.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Err my understanding of Prince Ramen's win is that he is usually not placing very well but got a pretty easy bracket and pulled a win against HRnut who he'd usually lose to, and that he isn't really that great a player. Calling him a top Pit might actually be OK since there are like 6 of you, but yeah.

It's really easy to think Pit is good, but his moves are all pretty much garbage with the exception of like, glide attack, jab and nB. His aerials are all super situational and slow on the back end so they're easy to bait, he has no mid-range zoning option like most other decent characters, etc. I dunno he's just a lot slower than most people realize, it's a little like... Mario's running speed and then all his aerials have lag similar to Ike's nair or MK's fair or something, he's just really not that great. If you shaved like 3-4 frames off the end lag for many of his moves and made up smash or a tilt kill he'd be a lot better.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Wolf ***** Snake in some way (like almost every char) and Wolf:MK is "ok" it's really not bad.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
All space animals are amazing versus Metaknight. Wolf vs Snake would be even if it wasn't for Snake's stupid weight. Wolf vs Mk is one of my favorite matchups. He single handily shuts down most of the gimmicks Mk uses on other characters like Nado and Sl spam solely cause of Laser and Shine. Mk can never kill Wolf till around 160's with either GSL or a good read. It's only -1 because Mk racks on damage better then Wolf by comparison. Wolf is amazing at recovering vs Mk because of the multiple options, which include scaring. I could go on and on about this matchup, but pretty much any Mk player that has played me, Kain, Semifer, or Choice will agree with me.

etecoon

Smash Hero
most MK mains will happily agree with anyone who claims they go even with us <_<

except peach. STILL salty that we only got +2 on that ho

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow ... Wolf has multiple options for recovering?!?!! I wish other characters had access to these 'options' which you speak of. :(

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Pikachu is one of those characters I wish we had more of. So much potential, so little use.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea Pikachu does really well in that area.....Sonic does imo as well.

I think Wario is OK-ish at it.

Then everyone else just kinda has to hope the MK player guesses wrong or messes up.

Unless i'm missing some other characters?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
All of the spacies pretty much have to side b to get back to the stage.

All of their side b moves can be beaten with a MK nair or nado.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Wait, recover against MK? I thought you meant Range/Spacing cuz of SFP's post, my bad.

Yoshi can recover against him quite normally. Nothing special though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wolf can recover fine vs MK as long as you know when to use your djump. If you do a turnaround blaster offstage you can just double jump bair through his Tornado or aerials.

:059:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Pikachu is top 5 or 6 in this game, he's way too good not to be. I mean, what ARE Pikachu's flaws exactly? Range? vs who, like Marth?
Lucario.

And killing can be a be a problem sometimes as well. It is also the fact he has issues with character whom his pro's don't work as well like Lucario who he can't really juggle or CG as well as most of heavily characters.

Thunderjolt is overrated imo.
I just throw fair out and beat it. :p

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Lucario.

And killing can be a be a problem sometimes as well. It is also the fact he has issues with character whom his pro's don't work as well like Lucario who he can't really juggle or CG as well as most of heavily characters.
Good thing Lucario has absolutely no tourney presence.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Personally, I think I'll do everything in my power to ensure Pikachu is below Peach in future tier lists.
I'll do everything in my power to make sure Madoka fans cannot influence the tier list in any way.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Yea Pikachu does really well in that area.....Sonic does imo as well.

I think Wario is OK-ish at it.

Then everyone else just kinda has to hope the MK player guesses wrong or messes up.

Unless i'm missing some other characters?
yeah, this is why people get gimped nearly every stock in tournament against good MK's, it requires them to mess up for you to ever recover!

have any of the people that live in this thread ever actually played this game?

30+ posts in this thread

Steam 69
Maharba the Mystic 66
Red Ryu 58
da K.I.D. 56
Chuee 52
Alphicans 51
Thiocyanide 47
Spelt 43
zak 43
-Mars- 34
Matador 32

it's like a who's who of super theory bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom