• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
dude how many times am i gonna see this stupid old spice troll posted? this is the third time some1 has used it like that, ending with im on a computer every time, in the last week. seriously old and not funny anymore.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Here are the MUs that I strongly feel are labeled incorrectly for Marth.

:marth:
-1: :metaknight:
0: :toonlink: :popo:
1: :snake:
2: :samus2: :link2:

Metaknight should probably be -2. Most Marths will agree with me on that. This MU consists of a lot of guessing games where MKs options are extremely superior to Marth's. If MK gets a stock or decent percentage lead. GAME. Approaching an MK who is committed to camping with a lead is like jumping off a 3 story building and trying to land in a kiddie pool. You can do everything right and you'll still get ****ed up.

That being said, Marth's defense shuts MK's offense down pretty strongly as well, but not anywhere near the extent that MK does to Marth.

Offstage is a nightmare, I don't think i even need to explain that.
-----------------------------------------
Toon Link should be +1 for Marth. No doubt. TL obviously has the advantage from long range, and its a pain to get in on him. But if the Marth is decent at power shielding and recognizing patterns, you shouldn't take too much, if any damage closing in on him. And when you do, there is so much you can do to abuse him. TL doesn't have a reliable bail out while being pressured, and if he is sent offstage it usually means heavy damage or even stock.
------------------------------------------------
Ice Climbers should also be +1 for Marth imo. There really isn't much to say about this matchup. First person to make a major mistake is punished badly. One grab is obviously a kill for ICs, and usually 2 or 3 separations is a stock for Marth (sometimes it only takes 1). Marth simply put has all the tools needed to apply consistent pressure while staying relatively safe from grabs. Pressure inevitably leads to separation and at that point it becomes child's play. I used to think Blizzard walls were a major problem for Marth, but he can really just SDI through them and bair for an easy separation. Rising fairs are amazing for marth here.
-------------------------------------------
Snake I believe is even. I think Marths ability to juggle him is slightly overrated, especially with the presence of B-reversals and his ability to punish a failed juggle very well (bair if you try to wait out an AD, and he has great options after a landing). He also generally lives 60 or so percent higher than we do. If Marth tries to poke with dtilt and he ftilts at the same time, his wins every time. He obviously kills insanely early with utilt. That said, Marth combos him very easily, and has almost sure followups off grabs, ff fairs, and dtilts. He can also abuse him offstage and take off a stock any time snake is forced to recover low.

Still, I don't see how this MU isn't even. Both characters have a lot of strengths and this matchup, and a lot of weaknesses that are constantly exploited by the other. One of the most even MUs in the game imo.
---------------------------------------------
As for Samus, maybe I'm just saying this because I just lost to NOID at Pound, but jesus there is no way we win this matchup that solidly. This video is pretty old, but here is another example of the Samus/Marth MU played at high level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6-8Fm_xiOg. Samus's keep away game is insane, she, at least against Marth, has one of the best defenses in the game. Even if Marth has a lead, he has to continue to approach because of her ability to consistently pressure from long range. I'm not saying we don't have the advantage here, but I don't think its +2.
------------------------------------------------
Link is my secondary, and I play the Link vs Marth MU a LOT from both perspectives. Sometimes I'll opt to go Link against a Marth rather than ditto them. IMO, this MU is +1 for Marth. Its honestly closer to 0 than it is to +2. Link's range rivals Marth, although Marth is obviously faster both movement and attack wise. Still, to make up for that, Link has a very solid projectile game and has a lot of tools to keep Marth away (zair, arrow cancels, boomerang). His bombs are amazing and can lead to lots of combos and traps. Offstage, Link can't really gimp Marth, but he can trap him extremely well and should always deal big damage if Marth is offstage. Marth still has an advantage just because he can combo Link very well and **** him up offstage.

Besides that, Marths MUs look pretty good IMO :)

etecoon

Smash Hero
dtilt is a more circumstantial attack against the better characters like MK, snake, and diddy. I disagree with a lot of that and I won't go into them at length but I thought that was something interesting I noted in the snake paragraph, if you try to zone him with something like that then yeah it's going to be excessively difficult for you. full hop fair is stupid good in that MU, it's nearly never punishable. only thing he can do is powershield instant utilt, which isn't doable on reaction and forces him to stale his primary kill move which is even more important against marth than most characters(other good KO attacks are short ranged attacks and aerials, or C4, none of which are good for hitting marth)

it's a very stage dependent thing too IMO, I think marth has an advantage on SV, BF, and YI and snake wins on FD and lylat

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah, that old spice crap isn't funny.
kind of like cake is a lie jokes

Judo777

Smash Master
No he can't, and no she isn't. You need to learn how to use the word 'literally' properly.
Would you be willing to wager a million dollars I can't post a video of me juggling so snake (perhaps in training mode) for about 12 hours straight (keep in mind its heavily debatable what defines juggling in this game). You are correct in my first statement but who are you to say whether or not it CAN be done to juggle snake all day.

@fuujin I don't think you can call me on that. That % is heavily DI and stage dependent. It can happen but not necessarily to me. Regardless the % is around that spot.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Would you be willing to wager a million dollars I can't post a video of me juggling so snake (perhaps in training mode) for about 12 hours straight (keep in mind its heavily debatable what defines juggling in this game). You are correct in my first statement but who are you to say whether or not it CAN be done to juggle snake all day.

@fuujin I don't think you can call me on that. That % is heavily DI and stage dependent. It can happen but not necessarily to me. Regardless the % is around that spot.
well, yes, because either the match would go to time or you'd have killed him and thus ended the juggle

:troll:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol Judo, the term I think you're looking for is "virtually" or within reason. Although I'm sure everyone gets what you mean, snake gets juggled by some chars all dai.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
MK can literally jab you all day without anything being done about it

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
For IC
ZSS 0 ( I also play nick riddle and being the fact that i dont know the mu and he dose he dosnt beat me that bad ushally 1 stock he 2 stocked me once)
Dude, we've played two sets.
I stopped camping because I knew I'd win, so you got more grabs on me.
That MU is still freaking terrible.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
The best players all know how to brag about how badly they didn't lose to a superior player.
im not bragging dip **** im just sayin hes the only zss i lose to because hes a better player. not because the character, just like kyon hes the only peach in fl i lose to because hes the better player. no where i was bragging. who brags about losing? Its my opinion.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
how can you be getting so regularly outclassed by people, yet still be good enough to know how a high level match is supposed to play out?

2-DJeff

Smash Master
how can you be getting so regularly outclassed by people, yet still be good enough to know how a high level match is supposed to play out?
because i only lose to FL PRs really no1 else in tourney. thats what he means but idc because he a *** that likes to start stuff

Flayl

Smash Hero
That's easy. Have bad execution yet 20/20 hindsight on what you could've/should've done.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Looked at the match ups for Peach. few things I wanna say, but it is gonna end up as usual cause people this interent image of me and yet to know how I really am in person or in general.

I will say that I honestly dont think the Peach match ups were legit cause the Peachs you have in the BBR. You guys have no EC Peach players. Also there are match ups here that are played alot that the other peach players in BBR don't have axcess to alot.

Then of course there is this the bias talk that still goes on on how peach can't do this and that, and let it over ride all her good qualities. (like this one idiot thinking IC beats peach 65-35 all because of the chain grab and desyncs.) Still here crazy **** like this till this day. And it is amazing what people are still on.

And last we have Peach tourny results that when it comes to tournies that matter, Peach fail hard yet again to place high.

So yea, somethings here I can't call legit or agree with. But I can't do anything about it and its me against 100 people. So all I can do is sit back, not fight back this time and leave it as it is. I'm just chillin.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dark peach?

loljk.

but if you really disagree with the matchups that much just do what i do, and go prove people wrong (or right, in my case lol)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Nah, I am gonan leave it alone. it's just gonna get ugly around here as usual. even if I keep my cool. its the smash community dude. I'm not gonan debate with anyone.

Now in the tournament world? When I can figure out to play with the mind that I have and not the same typical peach style people gone seen all the time and know how to beat, then I'll go for it. As of now, I aint ready to do that.

Matador- he lives in NY

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If only they would place high in tournies that matter, then I not be hearing all this eh? It's really our faults.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Changes I believe should be made to Mario imo and reasons:

MK (-3) - MK is a terrible MU for Mario. Mario get easily gimped and MK can shut down A lot of Mario's options with ease.

GW (-2) - This isn't '08. Mario can do things against GW.

Snake, Wario, Wolf and Peach (-1) - They are disadvantage MUs but they aren't bad. They are all definitely winnable MUs (Peach and Wolf only have a slight advantage)

PT (+1) - Who seriously put Mario vs. PT as -2? Mario significantly beats Ivysaur because all you have to do is land an Fsmash (which isn't too hard against Ivy because she is bad) at 60ish and grab the ledge. Stock taken. Charizard can be juggled fairly easily and we can edgeguard him fairly well. I think it's even or slight Mario. Squirtle is really good, but Usmash does wonders against Squirtle and he is stupidly light. Also you can just camp him for until he is fatigued and he can't kill you.

These are the ones that really jumped out at me.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Changes I believe should be made to Mario imo and reasons:

MK (-3) - MK is a terrible MU for Mario. Mario get easily gimped and MK can shut down A lot of Mario's options with ease.

GW (-2) - This isn't '08. Mario can do things against GW.

Snake, Wario, Wolf and Peach (-1) - They are disadvantage MUs but they aren't bad. They are all definitely winnable MUs (Peach and Wolf only have a slight advantage)

PT (+1) - Who seriously put Mario vs. PT as -2? Mario significantly beats Ivysaur because all you have to do is land an Fsmash (which isn't too hard against Ivy because she is bad) at 60ish and grab the ledge. Stock taken. Charizard can be juggled fairly easily and we can edgeguard him fairly well. I think it's even or slight Mario. Squirtle is really good, but Usmash does wonders against Squirtle and he is stupidly light. Also you can just camp him for until he is fatigued and he can't kill you.

These are the ones that really jumped out at me.
And what things can mario do to gaw?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like yoshi's mu's tbh. IMO only 3-4 are slightly off which is better than I expected. Good shee to polt and hades, you did work and did it well.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
And what things can mario do to gaw?
This isn't '08. G&W can't go "lol bair" anymore and expect it to work. It's annoying for Mario because he normally (or at least how I do it) has to carefully hit him and not over commit. It's not hard to avoid his kill moves either. They're really slow. G&W still beats Mario. Number wise I'd say 6:4 or 65:35 G&W's favor. So I'm guessing by this scale, it would go under -1 or -2 for Mario.

On another note, can someone explain to me the reasoning behind Mario vs. PT?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'm lost on the whole "What can Mario do to G&W?" question...

Why wouldn't Mario be able to do things to G&W? We get outprioritized? Bucket > Fireballs?

Does that equate to -3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom