• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol, doom is a pretty bad loss. but iirc san was also losing to pikapikas MK too. That was quite awhile ago.
yea. that matchup is effing awful.

to the point where I feel like san or ryo could just lose to almost any MK player at apex. I mean dont get me wrong, they both scrape good mks all the time. but its just so easy for ike to lose that I wouldnt be surprised if either of them lost to any MK player.
That could be said about most mid low tiers though. I've beaten Zigsta's Bowser and I ain't even a top level Diddy
Bowser is on a whole different level of suck than Ike.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think I'm a little better at the MU than I was over a year ago. I barely even get to play MKs. The last MK I lost to was well over 7 months ago, and haven't really played MKs with a very high skill level in general.

Doom made a nice comeback vs me last game when he was over a stock down, so he legit put in work to beat me. There were also some other things but those would sound like excuses if I explained.

I don't think it's a good MU, but it's not worse than anyone around him.

Cassio

Smash Master
It sorta seemed like the MU isnt as bad as it was back then, although I think at higher levels skill begins to transcend MUs anyways.

Somewhat on that subject I cant think of any other region that will plummet as hard from an MK ban as NY/NJ. Socals players are top level with or without MK and most other regions dont rely on him as much. NY/NJ MKs dont seem threatening at all except for anti.

Cassio

Smash Master
yes, but theyre proficient enough with other characters so that the MK ban wont be much of a hindrance.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
yes, but theyre proficient enough with other characters so that the MK ban wont be much of a hindrance.
That's a piss poor excuse.

I was using Zelda, if they were proficent enough in other characters why didn't they use them?
Seemed like they just encountered one of those obscure low tier characters they didn't know how to fight and picked MK for an easy win.
People may say low tiers aren't effected by the MK ban but this is a prime example of how him being gone will effect everyone.

There is no sure fire overpowered character for people to flock to when they're uncertain about the up coming match up.

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Isn't number one of NJ/NY Dabuz who mains Olimar?

edit yea I just checked the NJ/NY PR

only 3-4 MK mains but 1 of them can fall back on other characters.

Cassio

Smash Master
I see 5 players and dabuz isnt exactly someone you wave around as your regions best player. Theyll still be good but they wont be very deep.
That's a piss poor excuse.

I was using Zelda, if they were proficent enough in other characters why didn't they use them?
Seemed like they just encountered one of those obscure low tier characters they didn't know how to fight and picked MK for an easy win.
People may say low tiers aren't effected by the MK ban but this is a prime example of how him being gone will effect everyone.

There is no sure fire overpowered character for people to flock to when they're uncertain about the up coming match up.

lol, its not an excuse its just the truth.

and shocking as it may sound I dont expect any difference in Zeldas tournament performance as a result of MKs ban, so Im not sure what you mean by the rest of that.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Fuujin:
mk vs zelda: -3.75 if they don't know the match up, -50 if they do.
mk vs other top tiers: -3 if they don't know the match up, -4 if they do

Realistically the change won't effect much.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I think people are misunderstanding what Fuujin is saying. It's not that low-tiers will perform better in tournament, it's that people won't switch to MK against low-tiers to have a larger safety net for their MU inexperience... right?

:059:

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Fuujin:
mk vs zelda: -3.75 if they don't know the match up, -50 if they do.
mk vs other top tiers: -3 if they don't know the match up, -4 if they do

Realistically the change won't effect much.
Not sure what you're trying to say here.

I think people are misunderstanding what Fuujin is saying. It's not that low-tiers will perform better in tournament, it's that people won't switch to MK against low-tiers to have a larger safety net for their MU inexperience... right?

This.

Chuee

Smash Hero

Eh, I want them to switch to MK against me.
As long as it's not ****ing Marth or Snake.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Okay my phone ****ed up the quoting part and I'm too lazy to fix it but my point still stands
So you wrote out a whole sentence explaining why you didn't quote properly and how you're too lazy to fix it rather than inputting one "/" to fix it?

Tesh

Smash Hero
So you wrote out a whole sentence explaining why you didn't quote properly and how you're too lazy to fix it rather than inputting one "/" to fix it?
I once spent 5 minutes searching my apartment for my remote instead of walking up to the TV and pressing the buttons.

Worth it tho

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I haven't bothered to look at these videos, BUT...

Are they showing this grab release infinite in the middle of tourney-level play (and NO, not WiFi) with high success?

If yes, then congrats, you have some evidence to back up any claims relating to the Ness/D3 MU. If no, then you might as well show me that infinite that C. Falcon has on ROB. It's worthless if it's not having any impact on the metagame.
From the one Doc King vid I actually took the half hour to download and watch, no, its nowhere near that. Its him rolling to the very edge of Yoshi's Island, having Wario walk up to him, then grabbing the Wario and doing a ledge infinite, which may I add, he messes up countless times. The longest string I think he got was 4 throws, but with that success rate, you might as well get the 5-6 throws for going accross the stage then fthrowing, and when in the world will you actually be able to grab a Wario while standing DIRECTLY on the ledge of YI? Really?

Doc King

Smash Lord
From the one Doc King vid I actually took the half hour to download and watch, no, its nowhere near that. Its him rolling to the very edge of Yoshi's Island, having Wario walk up to him, then grabbing the Wario and doing a ledge infinite, which may I add, he messes up countless times. The longest string I think he got was 4 throws, but with that success rate, you might as well get the 5-6 throws for going accross the stage then fthrowing, and when in the world will you actually be able to grab a Wario while standing DIRECTLY on the ledge of YI? Really?
You know just to point out I was able to infinite Wario with this and basically zero deathed a Wario. Also this works on other stages and it's pretty easy and it's the easiest one to do. You also don't need to roll on the very ledge of yoshi's, you can just be somewhere on those slopes.

You guys are such full of johns.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I still need to download these videos, but if I do it on my mobile internet plan it'll cost about $1000 since it's 2c a on I go over my limit. lol

Doc King

Smash Lord
I'm finding that these vids take way too long to download. I should ask the guy who made them if he can make smaller vids of these because it doesn't need to be that huge.

Steam

Smash Hero
You know just to point out I was able to infinite Wario with this and basically zero deathed a Wario. Also this works on other stages and it's pretty easy and it's the easiest one to do. You also don't need to roll on the very ledge of yoshi's, you can just be somewhere on those slopes.

You guys are such full of johns.
soooo easy you can only manage it 4 times in a row. that's not 0 deathing a wario. that's doing 20% damage to a wario. also it's hard enough grabbing a decent wario with anyone. good lucking doing it with D3 on specific parts of the stage facing certain directions.

Doc King

Smash Lord
soooo easy you can only manage it 4 times in a row. that's not 0 deathing a wario. that's doing 20% damage to a wario. also it's hard enough grabbing a decent wario with anyone. good lucking doing it with D3 on specific parts of the stage facing certain directions.
I meant in a ladder match not the vid. :p

Well say I play halberd, I can just find a spot pretty much anywhere on the stage, except for the edges facing away from the stage and I can get the lock on him, once I made it to the slope.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
So it's just more damage instead of an infinite unless there's a slope long enough to 0-death Wario on. Hm.

I downloaded part 2 so I guess I can upload that.

Flayl

Smash Hero
that's a performance mistake, he's pivot grabbing by using the control stick instead of the c-stick

either way this is dumb

Doc King

Smash Lord
The replays also took me five minutes to download for each one.

I did mess up and ended up moving upwards on the slope. No lie, it's so easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom