• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
infinites aren't banned

also Lucario has a +3 on sonic and yoshi because yeah they can't really kill him and Lucario had an edge on them to begin with. though some of the sonics/yoshis are starting to think it's not so bad because they're working on the matchup.
I kinda agree it's not as bad because they stopped with the brick walls and got in with the work and practice at it.

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
I kinda agree it's not as bad because they stopped with the brick walls and got in with the work and practice at it.
Honestly, I think the Lucario matchup VS. Sonic is not bad (for Sonic) at all. To me it's about -1 at worst, maybe a -2 if you play ridiculously offensive.
Although FSmash eats through most of it, Sonic can easily bait it and punish it's end lag, as well as a bunch of other of Lucario's moves.

Now, Olimar........ that match up is harrrrrd and so is ROB's.....

Olimar can grab/Fsmash Sonic out of SD/SC and dash attack, and... well Sonic doesn't really have any good pikmin killers as long as Olimar doesn't SideB. GIven, SideB really sucks vs. Sonics, but if the Olimar is any good, he just won't use it and then Sonic can't really do anything.

ROB can also Dsmash/ Laser and use the top thingy to hit him out of his previously mentioned attacks, so yeah....

The only thing I can't help but wonder........
....is it me???

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario really shouldn't be using Fsmash in situations where sonic can punish him since sonic is more than capable... Luc should probably be using tilts since they're faster, safer, and still eat through sonic's moveset. retreating aerials are pretty much the same thing... not to mention lucario is pretty much guranteed to get roid rage each stock... don't see how it could only be +1 <_>

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
DDD actually doesn't beat Snake. I agree that people start to underrate the character.

:059:

Doc King

Smash Lord
well, Fatal recently beat Atomsk in the MU, and Atomsk is one of the best D3s at the MU.
That's a stupid reason to list a matchup as even, you can't just base matchups on one matchup, you gotta base them on like several. One tourney match doesn't seem like proper evidence to give (It's like Jebus's way on giving evidence).

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Dedede-Snake isn't suddenly even, lmao. The MU is just sort of even.

Marth is very slight advantage for Dedede, mostly due to FTilt and CG.

Dedede-Peach is at least +2 Dedede's favour.

LOL why do I keep getting sucked into this discussion.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I think potentially D3 vs. Peach can become a +2 our favor due to us having a beasty vertical momentum canceller, bair ****** Peach, and shield chain grabbing.

Chuee

Smash Hero
That's a stupid reason to list a matchup as even, you can't just base matchups on one matchup, you gotta base them on like several. One tourney match doesn't seem like proper evidence to give (It's like Jebus's way on giving evidence).
Ok then
Fatal beat CO18 at an MLG
MVD beat Coney
there

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
sorry, peach ddd will always either be even or in peaches favor by like barely digit, seriously he wins some and loses some. peach when played properly will have the advantage on ddd, and because he is so fat her usmash sweet spot is a legit kill move.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
sorry, peach ddd will always either be even or in peaches favor by like barely digit, seriously he wins some and loses some. peach when played properly will have the advantage on ddd, and because he is so fat her usmash sweet spot is a legit kill move.
No, sweet-spot up-smash isn't any more reliable, and she can't kill D3 at all. (also even with sweet-spot u-smash D3 is going to be living for a while, he just doesn't die vertically >.>)
But she dies vertically quickly due to her floatiness, and D3 can abuse that.
She can't pressure his shield easily either due to his large grab range.
And Peach's dair isn't that good against D3, he can easily out-range it with an aerial or beat it with up-tilt (which kills her way too early >.>)
Her only saving grace is low percent up-air combos really, but that's not that amazing, and you can SDI it.

It's +2 D3.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Some argue it's +2 DDD, I think it's +1 DDD.

For both Snake and Peach.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
idk if this is the best place to ask... but..
Why Marth -1 vs MK?
I see Marth-MK more even than pika/fox/diddy/falco and maybe Snake.

well.. or maybe I just suck in that matchup. xD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
9B lost to Ganbaranai and hiko before as well and Calzorz beat T at least twice. You can look anywhere in the world you like but Snake and DDD always go even in *high* level play - just like Atomsk lost to Fatal and Razer, CO18 lost to Razer and Coney lost to MVD. If memory serves me well I'm pretty sure that Bizkit beat Vex at some MLG event as - how many times do Snakes need to beat high level DDD players to show that it's an even match-up when the tourney record at the highest level of play strongly suggests that DDD does absolutely not win the match-up?

:059:

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Probably one of the best videos you will find on the Peach/D3 matchup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsSWEyN0EA4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDxQxUv2mTA&feature=related

It's a little old, but still.

In this matchup, its not so much worrying about getting grabbed. It's that **** bair. :glare:

I still would say its even, just as Peach I would just play extremely campy. But, I could see it being a -1 for Peach. I might get to play zak at woodbridge, so I guess I'll be able to actually learn the matchup there lol

Coney

Smash Master
i really think snake beats ddd at the highest level of play. i'm willing to say it's even, because i often underrate my own character, but i think saying ddd wins at the highest level of play is laughable.

along with the other two sets, razer also beat atomsk at the same tournament mvd beat me at. we do not win.

ddd, however, DOES beat peach, even if it's only by a little bit.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
idk if this is the best place to ask... but..
Why Marth -1 vs MK?
I see Marth-MK more even than pika/fox/diddy/falco and maybe Snake.

well.. or maybe I just suck in that matchup. xD
The Marth matchup took me a while to pick up. His side B is a big game changer and makes you play the matchup differently from a lot of other ones. Marth might be better than Fox/Falco at the most.

edit: in my experiences and opinion

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Marth does NOT have the second best MK match-up, it just seems like that because he does so well against MK's that are worse players than him.

Two players of equal skill, one MK and one Marth, the MK has a very noticeable advantage.

Marth doesn't measure up to Fox, Falco, Diddy or Snake in terms of the MK MU, saying he is 2nd is laughable.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
"Two players of equal skill, one MK and one Marth, the MK has a very noticeable advantage."
depends which marth mains you ask ;). And I've been around the block on this match up countless of times.
And as a tournament player I've been dealing with meta knights since forever.

Grab release to down air in itself is something that Marth has that is better than any other character in the game bar ICs. Oh and Marth's design probably nets him the most grabs out of any character on MK bar Olimar too due to the way MK has to space to avoid dancing blade and rising aerials.

You shouldn't question what I say Grim!!!

Steam

Smash Hero
Marth is definitely one of MK's harder match ups in this game.
I'd say Diddy is consistently better at it though... Marth may very well have the second best MK match up.
if that's the case marth's should be like... actually beating MKs and taking top spots in nationals where MKs are everywhere... especially since he's the 3rd most used character... oh wait marth is still mostly pot fodder at those.

so who DOES marth actually end up losing to at all these tournies? :/

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
"Two players of equal skill, one MK and one Marth, the MK has a very noticeable advantage."
depends which marth mains you ask ;). And I've been around the block on this match up countless of times.
And as a tournament player I've been dealing with meta knights since forever.

You shouldn't question what I say Grim!!!
A tournament player in Australia = your experience is meaningless. ;)

But anyway, if Marth was so good at the match-up, he would actually be winning it.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
A tournament player in Australia = your experience is meaningless. ;)

But anyway, if Marth was so good at the match-up, he would actually be winning it.
"The only smash real to me is AMERICAN SMASH! Everything else doesn't matter!"

That's what I read.

Not sure if serious though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom